Jump to content

Thoughts on a wagon?


 Share

Recommended Posts

In the first one, there were only certain missions that allowed you to be on a wagon. Also, it you were doing the fast travel thing as well. What about having it so we have the option to always use one if we wanted? I know that this may be a bit annoying for some but I was thinking about it and if we are playing as someone in a gang, it would make more sense. Also, if they allow prostitutes in this one, you can go in the back with her... lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm sure they will incorporate all sorts of transportation, and perhaps even introduce automobiles, considering the game takes place in the early 1900's.  A carriage is probably nowhere near the level of sophistication I just mentioned, but I definitely think there will be carriages.

Specifically, I think if Rockstar wants to extend the longevity of their online game mode, they're going to have to add all sorts of steampunk-type vehicles and contraptions.  I hate to say it, but maybe more like the technology in Will Smith's Wild Wild West?  Cringey, I know, but this would be for online only. :P

giphy.gif

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, X S said:

I'm sure they will incorporate all sorts of transportation, and perhaps even introduce automobiles, considering the game takes place in the early 1900's.  A carriage is probably nowhere near the level of sophistication I just mentioned, but I definitely think there will be carriages.

Specifically, I think if Rockstar wants to extend the longevity of their online game mode, they're going to have to add all sorts of steampunk-type vehicles and contraptions.  I hate to say it, but maybe more like the technology in Will Smith's Wild Wild West?  Cringey, I know, but this would be for online only. :P

They were pretty new in RDR, and as this is a prequel I would be surprised if we see any at all.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yeah this one is said to be around 1880 I think. That is what people are guessing based on the trailer and the stills. 

I would love to see some Wild Wild West fun and shenanigans on the online side of the game though. Could you imagine the fun they can have with ideas form that movie!? Holy hell!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It only makes sense to have them be used in missions and I say this based on the last game. Think of how weird it would be to be driving one of those around non-stop and how much slower it would make things feel. I am a one horse and no carriage kind of guy. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Could be fun to include them and I think they could do a bit to make them fun to play with.

- Wagon races! Bring your gloves and whip because you're going to need them.

- You become the driver in delivering important people from the train station to an import destination as quickly as possible. Beware of taking them shortcuts though as we all know who lurks up in those areas...

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/24/2017 at 8:32 PM, Purple Cactus said:

You have to assume that the gang members would have their own horses though so that kind of puts your ideas to the dirt, don't you think?

Maybe for online, yes but not for campaign. 

Maybe but I still think there could be some use for them in the actual story mode/campaign as well. 

On 6/25/2017 at 10:50 AM, X S said:

I'm sure they will incorporate all sorts of transportation, and perhaps even introduce automobiles, considering the game takes place in the early 1900's.  A carriage is probably nowhere near the level of sophistication I just mentioned, but I definitely think there will be carriages.

Specifically, I think if Rockstar wants to extend the longevity of their online game mode, they're going to have to add all sorts of steampunk-type vehicles and contraptions.  I hate to say it, but maybe more like the technology in Will Smith's Wild Wild West?  Cringey, I know, but this would be for online only. :P

giphy.gif

I think I only seen that movie once and oddly enough the thing I remember the most is that giant spider. It scared the crap out of me LOL

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/26/2017 at 7:38 PM, FLIP said:

It only makes sense to have them be used in missions and I say this based on the last game. Think of how weird it would be to be driving one of those around non-stop and how much slower it would make things feel. I am a one horse and no carriage kind of guy. 

I can understand not wanting to use it and surely if it is an option, you would only require it for certain missions I am sure so it wouldn't be required. 

32 minutes ago, Qu3ster said:

We seen a bit of this in the first one and for me, they were a pain in the arse to drive. I wouldn't mind having the option but I don't want to be stuck using one all the time. 

I honestly can't see them doing that. Riding one single horse is obviously better for getting around wild areas but in-town, a waggon can be cool.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, watery buffalo said:

I can understand not wanting to use it and surely if it is an option, you would only require it for certain missions I am sure so it wouldn't be required. 

I honestly can't see them doing that. Riding one single horse is obviously better for getting around wild areas but in-town, a waggon can be cool.

I get what you are going for by having it an option but think of all the glitch testing they would have to do if you choose to use it off of a trail. Those things tip over so easy. That is why when it happened, you lost the mission in the first one. There is no way they will allow the use of them outside of fast travel, picking up hookers, and missions.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Some more crazy ideas:

  • Snake Wagon: Sell snake oil in your part time to make some extra cash. Just watch out for those people that find your stuff doesn't really allow them to shoot as sharply as you do.

  • Pimp Wagon: Deliver your "product" to a required location, wait a while and then take your product back home. Ka-ching! Just watch out for those customers that want to enjoy your product for free or perhaps even try to keep it permanently.

  • Pimp Wagon 2: Some old chap you've met claims he's from the future and has agreed to help pimp your wagon out with custom gear. The first 1.21 jigowatts steam powered wagon! HOVER DLC SOLD SEPARATELY.

  • Chariot Races. You're tired of those big old wagons and have been invited to take part in a race using a smaller and more agile chariot! Guns not allowed but anything else goes (including fire bottles and dynamite).

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/1/2017 at 4:42 AM, Jamesie said:

Some more crazy ideas:

  • Snake Wagon: Sell snake oil in your part time to make some extra cash. Just watch out for those people that find your stuff doesn't really allow them to shoot as sharply as you do.

  • Pimp Wagon: Deliver your "product" to a required location, wait a while and then take your product back home. Ka-ching! Just watch out for those customers that want to enjoy your product for free or perhaps even try to keep it permanently.

  • Pimp Wagon 2: Some old chap you've met claims he's from the future and has agreed to help pimp your wagon out with custom gear. The first 1.21 jigowatts steam powered wagon! HOVER DLC SOLD SEPARATELY.

  • Chariot Races. You're tired of those big old wagons and have been invited to take part in a race using a smaller and more agile chariot! Guns not allowed but anything else goes (including fire bottles and dynamite).

 

 

The pimp wagon sound like not only a great idea but such a hilarious option! I would so be down for this. Trucking my "products" through the old west.. LOL

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/28/2017 at 1:06 AM, Hazed0NE said:

I get what you are going for by having it an option but think of all the glitch testing they would have to do if you choose to use it off of a trail. Those things tip over so easy. That is why when it happened, you lost the mission in the first one. There is no way they will allow the use of them outside of fast travel, picking up hookers, and missions.

This. This is why. Only reason I can see it being an option is if they cared enough to put that much time and effort into the mechanics which I highly doubt they did or will.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/7/2017 at 8:58 PM, FLIP said:

This. This is why. Only reason I can see it being an option is if they cared enough to put that much time and effort into the mechanics which I highly doubt they did or will.

It isn't like cars that take damage and what not. If the thing flips, the horse are on their sides too. And since no gas is involved, they can't just blow the thing up. So yeah it is very doubtful.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 6 months later...

Any sandbox game post 2012 has no excuse for not having a 'if you see it you can use it, ride it, destroy it, etc' approach. 

However as gamers become stupider in general by the year and devolve to the button smashing sprint/gallop/kill/steal/laugh approach to gaming, developers will stop wasting time on options, nuance and realism. I play DCS, the professional level flight simulator for this reason, shoot em up console games bore me, but I love the Western setting so much I am curious to see how Rockstar does this one, hope they surprise us more demanding gamers.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 months later...

It sounds like you're referring to the stagecoaches, in which case, I don't think they'll be something you could have on hand. I think the most we'll get is a cart to use for hunting, possibly. But that may be a case of hunting one down ourselves and throwing bear meat onto the back. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/20/2018 at 7:23 PM, BelleStarr said:

It sounds like you're referring to the stagecoaches, in which case, I don't think they'll be something you could have on hand. I think the most we'll get is a cart to use for hunting, possibly. But that may be a case of hunting one down ourselves and throwing bear meat onto the back. 

They'll have them for fast travel and certain missions I am sure but for general use, it isn't likely. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

What am I missing here - you could ride horse drawn carts and even steal the 4 horse stagecoach in RDR1. What would be different with a covered wagon? Maybe I'm misunderstanding something. 

Edited by Benjo
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On ‎7‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 7:16 PM, Hazed0NE said:

It isn't like cars that take damage and what not. If the thing flips, the horse are on their sides too. And since no gas is involved, they can't just blow the thing up. So yeah it is very doubtful.

But like cars, horses could get maimed from an accident and unable to work anymore.  Drawing in predators for the kill.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

LATEST RDR2 NEWS CLIPS

×
×
  • Create New...