So, what you spent your dosh on?

Poggy

Not much I'm willing to spend it on right now.  Besides the usual ammo and provisions for myself and my horse, I bought a fishing rod, a bolt action rifle (already had the varmint rifle, pump-action shotgun and volcanic pistol from Ultimate Edition), a bow which I haven't used in the 3 days I've had it, got a second stall for my free Thoroughbred before I sold the started horse (or apparently rolled up into a ball and threw in the trash, cuz it said I discarded it), and started a permanent posse.  Haven't played too much these last couple days or I'd be there already, but about to reach 25 and buy a second holster (glad these are only about 8 bucks). Then hopefully they change the economy before I have to buy anything else, cuz I want to buy and dual-wield a pair of gold plated/black inlay double-action revolvers.

UE gave me most of what I need, so Ive spent my dosh on:

Volcanic, varmint upgrades

Bow, Rod, Lure and Cleaver

Lancaster Repeater

Perma Posse

Hat and bandana

Ability Upgrade

To get next: off hand holster, upgrade Lancaster, cold weather clothes

Fully upgraded Bolt action rifle

Secondary holster + secondary sidearm (cattleman revolver)

Repeating shotgun

Varmint rifle

Bow+Rod 

American standardbread with red hair cosmetic changes

Ability upgrades 

Saving up again atm for the Litchfield repeater, probably going wait till the economy updates drop though before spending any more money in case they scale back prices. 

• 2 weeks later...

I just got to lvl 20 and am going to upgrade my horse at 21, so saving for that. I just got a second holster and sawed-off to go in it, but other than that I get upgrades to weapons and that's about it.

I have Lancaster, pump, bolt action, bow, fishing rod and lures including the 3 gold special spinner. That thing is a fish vacuum!

Use the ingame dollars only on essentials in the beginning depending if you are PVE or PVP. After that the focus should be on ability cards as they cost a lot and only ingame dollars can be used. Remember that the cards need to be levelled so if you do not do this, you eventually are less efficient in using the hard earned xp. 

I used the ingame dollars on a varmint and a rolling block and their upgrades, big ammo stashes in catalogue, got the bow and a fishing rod and after that used everything on card upgrades. Currently all cards completely levelled xpwise, I just need to farm a lot more USD to get a lot of them to Tier 3. I think I still need about 6k USD to get them all to lvl3 but the most important ones are already maxxed.

I purchased a big stash of gold to be honest in order to get a Fox Trotter, some outfits and several upgraded weapons and 5 pamphlets. Besides the horse these items do not really influence my performance so not really needed. Granted they minimize the need to spend USD on more functional items, this is subjective ofcourse.

44 minutes ago, McLawDiz said:

IF only bitches was an option.. Really dont know why R* did not put the prostituion in RDO... it WAS a thing back then! .. lol 

It's the first thing Cowpuncher usually did when they finished up. The only thing that wiuld bother me, other than the personal hygiene, would be how rampant the STI's were back then. 

Edited by HooverRAD

20 hours ago, DLKnives said:

I just got to lvl 20 and am going to upgrade my horse at 21, so saving for that. I just got a second holster and sawed-off to go in it, but other than that I get upgrades to weapons and that's about it.

I have Lancaster, pump, bolt action, bow, fishing rod and lures including the 3 gold special spinner. That thing is a fish vacuum!

Well I made 21 last night and now all my money is almost gone. Not sure where I spent it or what on - and I don't drink! LOL I know I got a horse but can't remember what else. Better go see....:)

Oh I bought a Schofield too. I remember that.

Edited by DLKnives

• 2 weeks later...

Well, i am lvl 46 soon and until now, i spent my money on:

- clothing: two sorts of bandana, boot-hiders, two or three different coats, gloves, some nice striped pants, some boots i think, a second holster

- weapons: shorted shotgun, varmint rifle, bolt action rifle, double action revolver, tomahawks and butcher axe, lancaster repeater, bow (and now nearly have the money to get the Mauser). I maybe forgot a weapon or two, not sure...

Most of my weapons are modified, decorated and have modified metal-colours and wood-pannels. Also i changed or added some scopes (like for the standard repeater rifle).

- fishing rod

- perma troop with big camp

- A second horse-place in the stable and a second horse (a black one i could buy with level 30 but i forgot the name of the race). For both of my horses, i modified the colours of the saddle, the bags and different other stuff. Furthermore, i bought some different colours and hair-styles for my horses. My black one got a nice braided tail and some irokese hairstyle.

Like said above, i have nearly enough for the Mauser, which i gonna pimp up with my earned goldbars. I try also to buy all weapons now until i have my character on a high level to get me free choice of all clothings.

On ‎12‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 4:41 PM, DLKnives said:

Well I made 21 last night and now all my money is almost gone. Not sure where I spent it or what on - and I don't drink! LOL I know I got a horse but can't remember what else. Better go see....:)

Oh I bought a Schofield too. I remember that.

Now at 33 I've spent a lot of cash on ability cards and upgrading them all to tier II, Upgraded my horse to a Gray Thoroughbred with new saddle, upgraded saddlebags (don't know what the upgrade gives me) and new blanket.

Still waiting on my free Xbox stuff.

It doesn't look like it, but there are plenty of things to buy.

I reached lvl 100 yesterday (it goes very fast with PvP). Since the beginning i bought:

- Weapons (Lancaster / shotgun / vermint rifle / 2x volcanic / springfield rifle / machete) all are upgraded 

- Horses (i don't remember the first i bought) , now riding with black arabian horse (the last one unlocked rank 70) +  the last special saddle available 

- Hunting/fishing equipment: fishing rod + river/lake lures, bow&arrow 

- Crafting recipes (all explosive ammunition, including arrows / incendary buckshot / miracle cure)

- Ability cards all upgraded to level III (slow and steedy + peak condition + never without one + winning streak)

- Some fancy clothes 

- Permanent posse

- Tons of whisky

All these purchase have been made in RDO$ except for the last horse and the last saddle. Luckily i started the game early enough to get the 25 + 2x15 gift gold bars from R*.

Next purchase on the list are:

- A bigger camp with new theme and tents

- Other crafting recipes and new weapons (i really need a sniper rifle and an automatic shotgun), even if, from my point, the lancaster and normal shotgun are way sufficient to perform in this game) 

- Save money for future content (i heard about proprieties and wagons that could be released soon)

If you have any question on things above or if you hesitate between few items to buy, feel free to ask i can advise you.