Ghosting - or cheating

DLKnives

There were 4 of us tonight in The Regulators when we were attacked by (I think) a posse of 3. One of them was a level 84 who massacred us and I finally found out why.He rode up to me, dismounted and stood there. I fired about 10 shots into him - nothing. Then he killed me again. I don't know how they do it but it's pure cheating when you can't take damage, makes the game kind of easy I'd imagine.

Yeah, I don't know how they do it, but ghosting is a thing and some people use it to grief with impunity.  Double life fail - first to grief, second to cheat on top.  I can only imagine that irl these people look like Voldemort and smell like a sewer.

• Haha 1

Been checking on this myself coz after the last time with the regulators I just got really angry and quite verbal to say the least. Dice hoovered and diligence mentioned the ghosting and cheating it does get u mad especially when the regulators lik e many others are just wantin to play the game fair n honourable I hav almost been thinking of giving up online gamin it’s that bad. Coz I thought it was me n I had a problem. To be honest this believe it or not is the first time ever played online multiplayer n I was really enjoying it so in future I’ll just jump servers as advised by marshal hoovered and his deputy the six gun shooting dlknives. Peace

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Wild Bill said:

Been checking on this myself coz after the last time with the regulators I just got really angry and quite verbal to say the least. Dice hoovered and diligence mentioned the ghosting and cheating it does get u mad especially when the regulators lik e many others are just wantin to play the game fair n honourable I hav almost been thinking of giving up online gamin it’s that bad. Coz I thought it was me n I had a problem. To be honest this believe it or not is the first time ever played online multiplayer n I was really enjoying it so in future I’ll just jump servers as advised by marshal hoovered and his deputy the six gun shooting dlknives. Peace

It's all good, Bill. Stuff like that happens, we just deal, laugh about it, then move on down the trail. Don't quit just yet, man... We like having you around.. Echo and all. :P

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, DLKnives said:

Yes we do! No way it was anyone's fault except the person cheating. 

I really hope his console goes on fire and burns the disc inside, the Internet router and while he jumps away he runs in the cables and his LCD crashes on the floor. Life ban wanted for this genius.

• Like 1

Yesterday was the first time I really suffered this, spent ages hunting in the swamp, rode to Rhodes to be safe and got shot in the head *at the actual butchers*, again, but this time the guy just sat on a buggy in Rhodes Main Street ghosting, other traffic going through him, for ages, denying me my fair return headshot. 

Do I let it spoil my fun? No way San Jose, I jumped into a race and forgot about it in 30 seconds. those feelings ain't no use to me...

• Like 3

On 12/26/2018 at 11:38 PM, mizTik said:

They punished players for exploiting glitches in GTA V so rest assured, these people will get punished. I have fortunately not experienced this yet. 

Maybe or maybe not.  

As for this glitch, i have seen it more then a few times.  A group of players will start sh*t, then when unloading on one, they just gray out or ghost.  Can't be hurt.  Their buddies un-ghost and shoot you in the back.  Reported one pair and never heard a word from Rockstar.  Don't if I will, but have encountered them a few times.

21 hours ago, YodaMan 3D said:

Maybe or maybe not.  

As for this glitch, i have seen it more then a few times.  A group of players will start sh*t, then when unloading on one, they just gray out or ghost.  Can't be hurt.  Their buddies un-ghost and shoot you in the back.  Reported one pair and never heard a word from Rockstar.  Don't if I will, but have encountered them a few times.

We had those to , but we are with our Posse and all off us repported them for cheating and godmode. I dont now what happens but there gone fast. Kickt out from server ore get banned i dont now. But they where gone out off server really fast afther the repports. And that happens about 3 times so far. (Playing xbox) 

On 12/29/2018 at 3:35 PM, YodaMan 3D said:

Maybe or maybe not.  

I had to report a few guys doing this too. The one's name was ***** something. They should make it where when you report a player, the game will avoid putting you in the same lobby as them again. I ran into these guys 3 times in less than a week. 

Edited by Kean_1
removed partial name due to naming & shaming rules

37 minutes ago, YodaMan 3D said:

Has anyone heard if this is going to get dealt with in some upcoming update.  Still see it on occasions, but not as often as I was. 

Just witnessed it myself a few days ago.  Tried looking online to see if anyone has provided any details on how it's accomplished.  .....no luck.

I'm just going to report it and hope others are doing the same.  I heard someone mention that it may be tied into stranger missions and takes more than one and a posse to make it happen.  While I think the mechanic is likely tied into it, I'm not so sure his answer was the solution.

1 hour ago, Kean_1 said:

Just witnessed it myself a few days ago.  Tried looking online to see if anyone has provided any details on how it's accomplished.  .....no luck.

I'm just going to report it and hope others are doing the same.  I heard someone mention that it may be tied into stranger missions and takes more than one and a posse to make it happen.  While I think the mechanic is likely tied into it, I'm not so sure his answer was the solution.

Spent some time trying to find it too and the only info I cold find was related to the stranger missions (likely we've seen the same video) and a reddit post that states something about hard resetting your console over and over, but that sounded like a "delete system 32" type troll. 

Not sure if this was "Ghosting" but my girlfriend and i were out hunting, as usual 1 lonely pink dot cant help themselves and blast 2 hunters waving to a passer by..

Well at that point i'm no griefer but i will give it back if i get attacked first which usually is just getting a few kills to make a point then mosey on down the road to keep hunting.

but this day forgot the dudes name he just kept coming at us after we killed him 2-3 times and then ran off he chased us on foot/horse across the map to try and kill us.

So again we fought back and pushed him away for a few minutes.. again he comes back this time we decide to play not so serious and just take some pump actions out and pew pew.

At this stage i thought ok 2 shots make 3 with a shotgun have to be dead for sure.. 

This guy took 5-6 shots from both of us and never went down. turned around and killed us with 1 pistol round each. i know i'm horrible with a controller just switching from PC to console when red dead came out. but come on point blank 2 people ..

i thought it may have been lag or a latency problem but he kept coming back and then just poofed off to a diff lobby.

anyone have this issue?

13 hours ago, RorshachFromHell said:

Not sure if this was "Ghosting" but my girlfriend and i were out hunting, as usual 1 lonely pink dot cant help themselves and blast 2 hunters waving to a passer by..

Well at that point i'm no griefer but i will give it back if i get attacked first which usually is just getting a few kills to make a point then mosey on down the road to keep hunting.

but this day forgot the dudes name he just kept coming at us after we killed him 2-3 times and then ran off he chased us on foot/horse across the map to try and kill us.

So again we fought back and pushed him away for a few minutes.. again he comes back this time we decide to play not so serious and just take some pump actions out and pew pew.

At this stage i thought ok 2 shots make 3 with a shotgun have to be dead for sure.. 

This guy took 5-6 shots from both of us and never went down. turned around and killed us with 1 pistol round each. i know i'm horrible with a controller just switching from PC to console when red dead came out. but come on point blank 2 people ..

i thought it may have been lag or a latency problem but he kept coming back and then just poofed off to a diff lobby.

anyone have this issue?

That may have something to do with the ability cards.  Some players that I have played with have been talking at a certain level and you upgrade your cards right, you are almost invincible  and can deal some real damage.  The crazy part is this player started out letting you kill them and then comes back with a invincible chip on his shoulder.