R* is griefing me.

BurbonChaser

1 hour ago, Kean_1 said:

Spawned twice next to grizzly bear and a couple times next to a pack of wolves.  .....fun times.  ;)

Somewhat related: I was finishing the Master Hunter 9 Challenge two days ago, and while looking for the opossum, I was attacked by a cougar AND a grizzly at the same time.

Fortunately, I've become somewhat addicted to rolling with the incendiary buckshot rounds by default, so, everything was fine, but I did have to change my pants after it was over. 

Just now, BropolloCreed79 said:

Somewhat related: I was finishing the Master Hunter 9 Challenge two days ago, and while looking for the opossum, I was attacked by a cougar AND a grizzly at the same time.

Fortunately, I've become somewhat addicted to rolling with the incendiary buckshot rounds by default, so, everything was fine, but I did have to change my pants after it was over. 

Cougars are relatively rare in RDO and you might be attacked once in one of their areas.   .....but a couple nights ago our party was attacked 3 times in one session.  It was wild. 

I also got mauled by a grizzly 3 times in a row.  ......the same one.  A party member wanted to try and take it down with arrows to get the hide.  .....bad move.  It was a slaughter until we had enough and opened up.

Not the same but still funny.  I was riding online and a bear spawned just off to side of the road.  So I spurred my horse and we ran passed it.  Soon as we got clear and I thought we was safe, my horse bucks me off and the bear just runs over and kills me.  

I too have spawned right next to predators only to die before I can fully get spawned in to defend myself.

3 minutes ago, Kean_1 said:

Cougars are relatively rare in RDO and you might be attacked once in one of their areas.   .....but a couple nights ago our party was attacked 3 times in one session.  It was wild. 

I also got mauled by a grizzly 3 times in a row.  ......the same one.  A party member wanted to try and take it down with arrows to get the hide.  .....bad move.  It was a slaughter until we had enough and opened up.

Cougar as not rare , alway's gespawns near tumbleweed. It's a bit nerft now but still he comes everytime on the exact same place. Have done so i callt it ( the cougar run ) In less then 3min from butcher to couger and back to butcher. Fastes time i did it was 2min 30sec. Now i changed the run because its a bit nerft now. Now i do first couger from butcher and back then i take the bighorn ram because the bighorn ram comes instead of the cougar then. Then i take the cougar again because he is back then so on so on. Have put the film on the xbox communitie. Now i'm looking into a spot near Bonnie's range ,it seems to be there are spawning 3 cougars back. But whant to figger it out first.

19 minutes ago, john013 said:

Cougar as not rare , alway's gespawns near tumbleweed. It's a bit nerft now but still he comes everytime on the exact same place. Have done so i callt it ( the cougar run ) In less then 3min from butcher to couger and back to butcher. Fastes time i did it was 2min 30sec. Now i changed the run because its a bit nerft now. Now i do first couger from butcher and back then i take the bighorn ram because the bighorn ram comes instead of the cougar then. Then i take the cougar again because he is back then so on so on. Have put the film on the xbox communitie. Now i'm looking into a spot near Bonnie's range ,it seems to be there are spawning 3 cougars back. But whant to figger it out first.

That's why I said relatively rare as I do know they spawn in particular areas.  The occurrence we experienced that session was unique as we hadn't had that many attacks in such a short period or even in a session.  

54 minutes ago, BropolloCreed79 said:

I got jumped by a pack of wolves (no big deal) then jumped by a grizzly while skinning the first wolf... I had NO warning.

I was riding around yesterday in cinematic view. Suddenly my horse bucks me right in front of a cougar that was already almost on top of me. THEN the ****ing cougar growled... Mid lunge...

I just posted something the other day stating that they growl AS A WARNING... I've never had it jump THEN growl...

23 minutes ago, Kean_1 said:

That's why I said relatively rare as I do know they spawn in particular areas.  The occurrence we experienced that session was unique as we hadn't had that many attacks in such a short period or even in a session.  

Ok sorry about that then Kean.  We only have that respawn next to wolfs maybe 2 times so far.

30 minutes ago, Truth said:

I got jumped by a pack of wolves (no big deal) then jumped by a grizzly while skinning the first wolf... I had NO warning.

I was riding around yesterday in cinematic view. Suddenly my horse bucks me right in front of a cougar that was already almost on top of me. THEN the ****ing cougar growled... Mid lunge...

I just posted something the other day stating that they growl AS A WARNING... I've never had it jump THEN growl...

Yeah, I always like how my horse just freezes when a cougar attacks and then sometimes throws me off.

What I also don't like is the camera view which seems to lock in to these predators when I'm trying to run away. Is there a menu setilting I'm missing? When running from a pack wolves I sometimes find myself fighting the view control and can't see where I'm heading.

4 minutes ago, Kean_1 said:

What I also don't like is the camera view which seems to lock in to these predators when I'm trying to run away. Is there a menu setilting I'm missing? When running from a pack wolves I sometimes find myself fighting the view control and can't see where I'm heading.

Can't say I ever noticed... I usually welcome the opportunity for easy big game meat.

I would assume it's the same thing that I've noticed with ambushes. VERY annoying when trying to do the timed run challenges... Not sure if there's a way around it though.

3 hours ago, Kean_1 said:

You need to know where they spawn i can get an 80% chance of a spawn at the right time of day in a couple of spots One is right outside the ranch you build in single player and the river and also 300mtrs up towards tall trees the other is just north of Annesburg usually early morning or better still teatime they are regular in those places but less so in Big valley only seen a couple there Tumbleweed they spawn as well and south of Rhodes where the legendary panther was in single player 

I'd like to consider myself somewhat of a cougar expert considering how much I hunt them up on the Roanoke area. Sometimes you get plenty of warning by hearing them off in the distance or catching a glimpse of them in eagle eye before they show up on your mini map. Other times they'll spawn right on top of you with little  to no warning. That's when you shoot from the hip and pray. At least with cougars, if one does get the jump on you and pounces, if your health level is high enough, you can fight it off, shoot it and live to tell the tale. Grizzlies on the other hand, if one gets a hold of you, forget about it, you're dead! That is why I'm so pissed off that the value of a perfect grizzly pelt is so low. It's barely higher than a perfect deer pelt. It's just not worth it to hunt them.

I have spawned into a server a few times only to take like 3 steps and be ambushed by a pack of wolves or a cougar. There should be some kind of protection on you when you first spawn in, for like 30 to 60 seconds. It is funny but it can be rather annoying if it happens too often. 

2 hours ago, Vaderspupil said:

I'd like to consider myself somewhat of a cougar expert considering how much I hunt them up on the Roanoke area. Sometimes you get plenty of warning by hearing them off in the distance or catching a glimpse of them in eagle eye before they show up on your mini map. Other times they'll spawn right on top of you with little  to no warning. That's when you shoot from the hip and pray. At least with cougars, if one does get the jump on you and pounces, if your health level is high enough, you can fight it off, shoot it and live to tell the tale. Grizzlies on the other hand, if one gets a hold of you, forget about it, you're dead! That is why I'm so pissed off that the value of a perfect grizzly pelt is so low. It's barely higher than a perfect deer pelt. It's just not worth it to hunt them.

I love taking on Grizzlies ive a few spots they spawn and regularly mosey around shotgun in hand with slugs if i see him before he sees me i fire a warning shot over his head to get his attention, then he rushes strait at me so i shoot 1 slug smack in his face and down he goes, Had several 3 stars ones this way, If he sees me first its 50/50 who wins me if i get the shot in intime if not im a gonna

Ha Ha My horse actually killed a grizzly for me this morning bear I spawned right near it jumped on horse bear was right at back of horse who kicked out with rear legs hit bear on head I turned horse so i could get a shot in as very close and horse reared and hit bear again on head with front legs this time and killed 

Couldn't stop laughing as i skinned the bear and loaded in on horse 

I have a killer of a horse lol

Edited by Mark4407

It does suffer the "cores" bug and was bad last night but has been good all day today It's the Miss Fox Trotter and is good with crocs and wolves also my Turkaman and Apaloosa are  pretty similar they all can handle 3 wolves at their feet before getting stressed, Had to get ris of the Ruby Red Arabian that one is way to skittish around predator animals