Jump to content

Cripps overhaul suggestions


madfretter
 Share

Recommended Posts

So, aside from not having lumbago, Cripps is pretty much as useful as Uncle. What do you think R* should do to make him less......useless?

He's an old grizzled cowboy, I'd like to see him act that way. A few tweaks that I think would help:

  • Camp defense  - He fires warning shots when people stop outside your camp, maybe even yells at them. It'd be nice to hear a voice. He shoots at anyone (NON POSSE/NON FRIEND) that comes into your camp with weapons  or lasso drawn.  He also shoots any (NON POSSE/NON FRIEND) who approaches your horse.
  • Stew pot -  Have it so we can donate food to the cause and he makes a  stew that we can eat, ALL DAY.
  • Horse care - Having him brush and feed your horse when  it's in camp makes sense.
  • Up-gradable - Make it so we can buy him better guns and make it so we have to buy him ammo.
  • Animal scout - Allow him to put a marker on the map for the specific animal we are looking to hunt

 

I think these would make the Cripps and the camp more useful to us. AND, R*, this is stuff we'd need money and gold for......so...yea.

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well, IMO they need to fix the camps first so you can't be lasso'd, drug out and killed.  .....tested this last night with a friend's camp after he told me it happened to him.  The kicker is that you can't reciprocate.   .....so I like the camp defense idea.

I also think he should be able to help with trading some items.  Maybe there is a delay or a restriction with some items perhaps limited to just pelts or something along those lines.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, Kean_1 said:

Well, IMO they need to fix the camps first so you can't be lasso'd, drug out and killed.  .....tested this last night with a friend's camp after he told me it happened to him.  The kicker is that you can't reciprocate.   .....so I like the camp defense idea.

I also think he should be able to help with trading some items.  Maybe there is a delay or a restriction with some items perhaps limited to just pelts or something along those lines.

 

I have to think that, eventually, they'll roll out more camp features that will have it function more like it does in story mode.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Really good suggestions!  Personally, I'd be happy for starters if (hate to sound like a broken record) but, if it would stop moving, if we could have the option to spawn in our camp when we enter RDRO, and (this is just my personal preference), we could get him to stop playing that harmonica! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Jackthestripper said:

Really good suggestions!  Personally, I'd be happy for starters if (hate to sound like a broken record) but, if it would stop moving, if we could have the option to spawn in our camp when we enter RDRO, and (this is just my personal preference), we could get him to stop playing that harmonica! 

Or play some different damn songs. Also +1 to having the option to spawn in your camp, cuz all too often I spawn in to the middle of a warzone. Or a couple of times I've spawned next to a gator and got nommed. As soon as I log in I gotta be prepared for the fact that everything wants to kill me T_T.

Also again +1 to cripps defending your camp. He already kinda does it, but it's hard to tell when he will. It's mostly when someone shot at or near him. He doesn't budge if you're getting shot at. Also for the love of god, please take away that effect where you slow down to a trot when running near a camp. Too often I'm chasing or being chased and because I couldn't even see the camp fast enough, run by it and get slowed down causing me to die or lose my quarry.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, BropolloCreed79 said:

I have to think that, eventually, they'll roll out more camp features that will have it function more like it does in story mode.

I'm just waiting for properties to become available with the option to spawn within them like GTAO.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Kean_1 said:

I'm just waiting for properties to become available with the option to spawn within them like GTAO.

And you know that will happen.  There's specific buildings in each town that match that description.  Heck, the one in Strawberry has ads all over it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Renascent said:

Or play some different damn songs. Also +1 to having the option to spawn in your camp, cuz all too often I spawn in to the middle of a warzone. Or a couple of times I've spawned next to a gator and got nommed. As soon as I log in I gotta be prepared for the fact that everything wants to kill me T_T.

 Also for the love of god, please take away that effect where you slow down to a trot when running near a camp. Too often I'm chasing or being chased and because I couldn't even see the camp fast enough, run by it and get slowed down causing me to die or lose my quarry.

I hear you! I always seem to get spawned on a cliff and/or near a pack of wolves. Yesterday I was shot dead by a level 5 before I even saw myself on the screen.  He took off and I whistled for my horse as I ran after him and got trapped between a grizzly and a cliff.  All I had was my varmint rifle as my horse hadn't come yet.  When I finally got on, he bucked me off a cliff.  Point is, I spawned on the cliff with my horse down below.  And the bear was still there! Then as usual the level 5 coward/chicken sh*t had left the session so I couldn't nail him.  As for the slow trot by the camps, that is annoying AS HELL!   I've been taken down by cougars as I was going by someone's camp. It sucks!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, madfretter said:

So, aside from not having lumbago, Cripps is pretty much as useful as Uncle. What do you think R* should do to make him less......useless?

He's an old grizzled cowboy, I'd like to see him act that way. A few tweaks that I think would help:

  • Camp defense  - He fires warning shots when people stop outside your camp, maybe even yells at them. It'd be nice to hear a voice. He shoots at anyone (NON POSSE/NON FRIEND) that comes into your camp with weapons  or lasso drawn.  He also shoots any (NON POSSE/NON FRIEND) who approaches your horse.
  • Stew pot -  Have it so we can donate food to the cause and he makes a  stew that we can eat, ALL DAY.
  • Horse care - Having him brush and feed your horse when  it's in camp makes sense.
  • Up-gradable - Make it so we can buy him better guns and make it so we have to buy him ammo.
  • Animal scout - Allow him to put a marker on the map for the specific animal we are looking to hunt

 

I think these would make the Cripps and the camp more useful to us. AND, R*, this is stuff we'd need money and gold for......so...yea.

 

I admit I really like these suggestions, but tell me exactly he is suppose to find the time.  Packing up and moving my campsite to try to keep me from ever reaching it is a high priority on his daily to do list.  ;)

I personally wish he would just be doing some crafting for me on the side.  Where as I bring in the supplies and crafts them into something remarkable for use.    

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Jackthestripper said:

I hear you! I always seem to get spawned on a cliff and/or near a pack of wolves. Yesterday I was shot dead by a level 5 before I even saw myself on the screen.  He took off and I whistled for my horse as I ran after him and got trapped between a grizzly and a cliff.  All I had was my varmint rifle as my horse hadn't come yet.  When I finally got on, he bucked me off a cliff.  Point is, I spawned on the cliff with my horse down below.  And the bear was still there! Then as usual the level 5 coward/chicken sh*t had left the session so I couldn't nail him.  As for the slow trot by the camps, that is annoying AS HELL!   I've been taken down by cougars as I was going by someone's camp. It sucks!

I try to  go to an area that is usually dead before I log off, at least then I have a shot and not getting shot.  The slow down at camps  is painful and pointless. I'd rather have someone fly by my base so I don't have to stare and wait to see if they are hostile. What would make sense is to have  the slow down, accompanied by zero'd stamina for  the player and their horse if they enter your camp.  But, like Bropollo said, properties are confirmed to be coming and we probably won't have these worries after they do.  All I want is a pre fabricated house, a chicken coop and place to warm my boots....and maybe a  few more people in my camp.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, YodaMan 3D said:

I admit I really like these suggestions, but tell me exactly he is suppose to find the time.  Packing up and moving my campsite to try to keep me from ever reaching it is a high priority on his daily to do list.  ;)

I personally wish he would just be doing some crafting for me on the side.  Where as I bring in the supplies and crafts them into something remarkable for use.    

Well, I'm kinda hoping that while defending the camp he takes an arrow to the knee and can no longer be an explorer and move the camp. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just to clarify....   Properties haven't been officially confirmed although there have been place markers found in the code for the companion app last year that gave a strong indication that they will be implemented at some point.  Same with wagons.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Kean_1 said:

Just to clarify....   Properties haven't been officially confirmed although there have been place markers found in the code for the companion app last year that gave a strong indication that they will be implemented at some point.  Same with wagons.

Wish I could feel positive by this info, yet I don't.  Homestead would be nice but I am sure with a Rockstar economy, it will be way overpriced.  As for wagons, will be nothing but a griefers tool for online play.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, madfretter said:

So, aside from not having lumbago, Cripps is pretty much as useful as Uncle. What do you think R* should do to make him less......useless?

He's an old grizzled cowboy, I'd like to see him act that way. A few tweaks that I think would help:

  • Camp defense  - He fires warning shots when people stop outside your camp, maybe even yells at them. It'd be nice to hear a voice. He shoots at anyone (NON POSSE/NON FRIEND) that comes into your camp with weapons  or lasso drawn.  He also shoots any (NON POSSE/NON FRIEND) who approaches your horse.
  • Stew pot -  Have it so we can donate food to the cause and he makes a  stew that we can eat, ALL DAY.
  • Horse care - Having him brush and feed your horse when  it's in camp makes sense.
  • Up-gradable - Make it so we can buy him better guns and make it so we have to buy him ammo.
  • Animal scout - Allow him to put a marker on the map for the specific animal we are looking to hunt

 

I think these would make the Cripps and the camp more useful to us. AND, R*, this is stuff we'd need money and gold for......so...yea.

 

Yup! More for Cripps/ camp: 

Coffee Pot.  Cards.  Banjo / Harmonica.  Camp Dog. Stew.

Meat Rack: (Seen in other camps) Hang 2-3 carcasses up that automatically contribute to camp food stash/ stew. 

Pelt Refining Station: (Seen in camps) Stretch and cure pelts to increase quality only 1 time. (Poor -> good or  good -> perfect) Costing materials like alcohol or something. 

Crafting Workshop: (also seen in large camps) Tons of potential. Crafting system? Modify guns? Clean guns with more efficient use of gun oil. Build horse addons or wagon upgrades for storing more carcasses etc. 

Camp guards and Weapons (spotted Guns reserved for camp guards in campaign). Requiring a higher upkeep. Up to 15 camp guards. but no White Flag allowed (?)..

to expand on camp upkeep: Property / Claimable Gang Hideouts should cost the gang up to about $60 a day. 

That assumes there would be a stash box for everyone to contribute to. Allowing large posses to give different members roles like hunting, missions, robberies etc. 

Worth mentioning more on the subject of Gang Hideouts with pre-existing stations being claimable:

After beating a gang hideout you could - "Clear bodies into a yellow zone outside to claim camp". Some Hideouts spawn entire camps with structures (the same way player camps do.. appearing/disappearing..) so why not make them claimable for the duration of being online. Providing Some free camp stations. Lots of variety in these already. Some with just stew and pelt stations. Or workshop and stable etc. To go further I'd say grant players a reward of getting free camp guards for claiming a hideout but also make them attackable at all times (making it like any Gang Hideout). You get free stations, at a high price. If you are away from camp and you didn't hire extra guards or leave posse members to guard, you may just lose it. I think it could work. (Not allowed to move camp if players have engaged your posse or guards). It may seem unfair to be attackable at all times but I would add that there needs to be incentive for being attackable / lowering the white flag (as my posse always does) Failing to attack and raid/loot a player camp should punish the attacker like by making their bodies lootable and actually taking 10$ away from them if the other players loot them. And spawn them very far away. 

Just some thoughts.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Edited by Born Vigorous
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, YodaMan 3D said:

Wish I could feel positive by this info, yet I don't.  Homestead would be nice but I am sure with a Rockstar economy, it will be way overpriced.  As for wagons, will be nothing but a griefers tool for online play.

I prefer to wait and see how it pans out but that's just me. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Cripps does in fact defend the camp. Last night we were on heading to camp to restock ammo , while there a gang hideout spawned right next to our camp. The other posse members took it while I stayed in camp to restock. Npcs was all over me and I noticed cripps was blowing them away with his 6 shooter. Man what an awesome sight is was ! He will defend !

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, Chris Arbaugh said:

Cripps does in fact defend the camp. Last night we were on heading to camp to restock ammo , while there a gang hideout spawned right next to our camp. The other posse members took it while I stayed in camp to restock. Npcs was all over me and I noticed cripps was blowing them away with his 6 shooter. Man what an awesome sight is was ! He will defend !

So the question now is, why does he not defend the camp/you when other players invade your camp?

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

LATEST RDR2 NEWS CLIPS

×
×
  • Create New...