Butcher ripping me off

Nomad

He's just taking his cut off the top.  Every vendor does this in the game.  I discovered that if I am trying to sell stuff too fast.  I lose money in the transactions.  If I sell one item or group of one item and then wait for him to ring that up.  I haven't lost a thing, it just takes way longer.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nomad said:

Everytime I go to sell pelts and feathes the butcher always takes a few items without paying me.  Anyone else have that issue, plus can't sell egrets.

This happens a lot to me. I have't been robbed since I started doing these things to combat this:

• Sell the Carcass' first
  • Sell the stacks second,  always use sell all
  • Log out and log back in to the butcher after each item is sold. Annoying, but a good work around for the time being.

Same here.  It only happens with some pelts for me though.  Thankfully, it's not usually the stacks and when I lose money from them, it's not much.  ......although I'm sure it adds up. 

On another note, R* Support has said that this is a known issue that they are working on.

The butcher only pays you for the last 3 pelts you stowed on your horse. Try something and you will see...stow 10 of the same exact pelt on your horse and go to butcher and sell them. For example, 10 perfect baby alligator pelts...it will say "sell all $35.00." When you sell them, watch how much he actually pays you for them. If you sell all, you will be actually paid $10.50, but the whole stack will disappear. So, if you go to the butcher with 3 different stacks of pelts, whole stacks can disappear when you sell, but that doesn't mean you are being paid for all the pelts.

Edited by bblancobrnx

5 hours ago, bblancobrnx said:

The butcher only pays you for the last 3 pelts you stowed on your horse. Try something and you will see...stow 10 of the same exact pelt on your horse and go to butcher and sell them. For example, 10 perfect baby alligator pelts...it will say "sell all $35.00." When you sell them, watch how much he actually pays you for them. If you sell all, you will be actually paid $10.50, but the whole stack will disappear. So, if you go to the butcher with 3 different stacks of pelts, whole stacks can disappear when you sell, but that doesn't mean you are being paid for all the pelts.

I have never had this happen. He always pay me in full, although sometimes lag affects the speed.

12 hours ago, bblancobrnx said:

The butcher pays for more than just 3 pelts, but the main pelts that I have problems getting paid for are Boars and rams. Some deer at times.

12 hours ago, bblancobrnx said:

That doesn't happen to me either.  In fact, it's the stacks I usually get paid for in full.  It's the loaner pelts that I usually have a problem with.  

Hmmmmmm. I haven't tried to sell more than 3 for like a month now, so I haven't tried it recently. I will try it again next time I am on considering all of these reports from you guys. Everytime I watched the money going to the butcher, my whole stack of pelts would disappear, but I would never get paid for all of them when I watched how much he actually paid in the top right right corner. Maybe they adjusted it somehow. 

I expect the proper fix is to add a government inspector NPC dressed in a pin-stripe suit and a monocle, who travels from town to town investigating the vendors.

...and then every day in addition to the stable and camp fees, we’ll get hit with a new “FDA Inspector” fee.

• Haha 1

On 2/12/2019 at 1:54 PM, madfretter said:

• Sell the Carcass' first
  • Sell the stacks second,  always use sell all
  • Log out and log back in to the butcher after each item is sold. Annoying, but a good work around for the time being.

Are these suggestions not working for everyone?  I know it's tedious and risky, but logging out of the butcher each time always ensures he buys all my pelts.

1 hour ago, madfretter said:

Are these suggestions not working for everyone?  I know it's tedious and risky, but logging out of the butcher each time always ensures he buys all my pelts.

For me what works best is going slowly and selling either one item or a group and waiting for him to ring that up.  If I just start mashing the sell button, I get shorted.  In rl some people can't multi-task.  In RDR2 to keep it real, none of their vendors can either.  ;)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Hazed0NE said:

Been an issue for some time like others have mentioned. 

I like to take my time with most items to make sure I am getting my money but other items are best in bulk. Have to play around with the system to find the right pattern. 

Laggggg

On 2/13/2019 at 9:13 PM, Kean_1 said:

Not saying it doesn't happen to you.  In fact, I'm not convinced the problem is the same for everyone.  I've heard other folks talk about not being paid for other things while the only problem I've ever had was only with pelts.

Yeah I just confirmed it is still happening to me...went to butcher with only 5 perfect baby alligator pelts on my horse. Went to "sell all $17.50" first thing and sold...whole stack vanished but looking at top right corner, my actual pay received was $10.50 (price of 3). Only happens to me with pelts on the horse...satchel pelts sell fine in stacks.

3 hours ago, bblancobrnx said:

Yeah I just confirmed it is still happening to me...went to butcher with only 5 perfect baby alligator pelts on my horse. Went to "sell all $17.50" first thing and sold...whole stack vanished but looking at top right corner, my actual pay received was $10.50 (price of 3). Only happens to me with pelts on the horse...satchel pelts sell fine in stacks.

Make sure you;re reporting this to R* Support:

https://support.rockstargames.com/categories/115001624507?redirect_lang=en_us&_ga=2.31599098.516169624.1550337090-1719606522.1525287356

I would include as much detail as allowed.

On 2/15/2019 at 5:59 AM, madfretter said:

I have not been jipped, that I am aware of. It is just a randomly slow process.

3 minutes ago, jnaron_ngc said:

I have not been jipped, that I am aware of. It is just a randomly slow process.

It seems different for everyone.  I have tried the process Madfretter spoke of with no success.  The items I never get paid for simply disappear if I do that.  I've tried waiting after each sale (for quite a long time I might add) without luck.  I've tried selling pelts individually, etc., etc.  The issue for me is that some pelts (no consistency there either) I simply won't be paid for.

R* has acknowledged the problem when I have submitted trouble ticket to them so let's hope it gets rectified.  

13 minutes ago, Kean_1 said:

It seems different for everyone.  I have tried the process Madfretter spoke of with no success.  The items I never get paid for simply disappear if I do that.  I've tried waiting after each sale (for quite a long time I might add) without luck.  I've tried selling pelts individually, etc., etc.  The issue for me is that some pelts (no consistency there either) I simply won't be paid for.

R* has acknowledged the problem when I have submitted trouble ticket to them so let's hope it gets rectified.  

Good to know, thanks!

I actually noticed that, the items that he won't let me sell after clicking X, actually come up as sold and the money is added sometimes 5 or 10 seconds after I leave the butcher. Not sure if anybody else noticed or experienced this, but it seems when I click X too fast when I have a lot of single items he's trying to catch up. Even when I started going slower, sometimes he would not accept the pelts, and then I hear the ching ching a few seconds after leaving the butcher and my money increases.