R* Response to Carcass Sales After Update 2/28/19

Kean_1

Regarding inquiries about animal carcass sales after Title Update 1.06 in the Red Dead Online Beta:

Animal Carcass Sale Prices after Title Update 1.06

Created February 28, 2019Updated February 28, 2019

Question: Why am I getting paid less for selling carcasses after Title Update 1.06 in the Red Dead Online Beta?

Answer: Prior to Title Update 1.06 a bug caused sales of skinned animal carcasses to be the same as a whole unskinned animal, despite the animal’s parts having been already harvested.  This meant players could skin the animal and sell the carcass and the parts separately to make more than intended. Sales of animals and animal products now pay out correctly; no sell prices of animal parts or whole animals have been changed, only the value of a skinned carcass has been corrected.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Zampen said:

Ask about the Heron / spoonbill / egret plumes why you only get one instead of 3 like before... And it wasnt in the update change log was it ?  Strange.......

Feel free to do so.  I'm simply posting what R* had to say on Twitter regarding the subject of carcasses because some have brought it up.

Submit a trouble ticket through R* Support here:

https://support.rockstargames.com/categories/115001624507?redirect_lang=en_us&_ga=2.11483380.1732398205.1551383854-1719606522.1525287356

....and / or your feedback here:

https://www.rockstargames.com/reddeadredemption2/online/feedback?step=decd9bdb

1 minute ago, jnaron_ngc said:

I am OK with butcher prices overall, although the prices being higher would be a great fix. 😜

I am more curious about disappearing animal pelts and carcasses after death, or Fast Travel. Any experiences?

I've had a few situations where I had expected them to disappear but was surprised when they didn't.  I died a couple times and still had mine.  

Last night was spent hunting and seeing the impact of the change(s) on that.  To my delight, there was minimal impact IMO / IME.  My usual haul resulted in the usual profit I'm used to receiving,  

As time goes on I will be paying more attention in regard to retention of pelts in "after death" scenarios, etc.  

3 heron plumes per bird always felt too good to be true, to me.  Add the meat and carcasses and you could clear 20 dollars in 6-7 minutes on a continuous loop with zero risk shuttling between the swamps on the coast just north east of St Denis and the butcher.

Now, I like free  money, but it kinda felt like cheating, and certainly disproportionate risk and reward vis a vis e.g. stranger missions. 

Balancing this stuff out is what a beta is all about.

Edited by Harlock1796
Stupid dumb predictive text

3 hours ago, Harlock1796 said:

3 heron plumes per bird always felt too good to be true, to me.  Add the meat and carcasses and you could clear 20 dollars in 6-7 minutes on a continuous loop with zero risk shuttling between the swamps on the coast just north east of St Denis and the butcher.

Now, I like free  money, but it kinda felt like cheating, and certainly disproportionate risk and reward vis a vis e.g. stranger missions. 

Balancing this stuff out is what a beta is all about.

Yeah, it only took killing 4 birds to fill up on plumes.

1 star birds yield 1 feather, 2 star birds yield 2 feathers and 3 star birds yield 3 feathers has been my experience so far

A friend caught a northern pike,, and when it came time to sell at the butcher he noticed it was listed as "poor" and only sold for approx. $2.50 instead of the usual $8... never seen that before

Also, anybody having stored outfits on their horse disappear after reloading?

I disbelieve rockstars excuse. if rockstar are that concerned why have they not fixed butcher bug. hideout issues ie despawning bodies and animals birds despawning. i dropped 10 geese and 8 vanished. 

lol they nerfed hunting entirely. You dont just make animals have a lower spawn rate and then make the most profitable birds (the best way to make money in hunting) only give one feather regardless of quality.

Rockstar is on a mission to ruin their game and i honestly am worried as i want this game to turn out amazing. Otherwise when other games come out such as cyberpunk to name one. this game will be history. 

I find it funny that they try to nerf pricing/hunting etc.. but add no other viable means to making a good amount of money and on top of that there is now a "glitch" that can make you thousands in minutes. GG

Edited by Born Homicidal

8 minutes ago, Born Homicidal said:

lol they nerfed hunting entirely. You dont just make animals have a lower spawn rate and then make the most profitable birds (the best way to make money in hunting) only give one feather regardless of quality.

I've said it before but the spawn rate of animals in sessions I and my friends have played after the update haven't changed.  They are still plentiful.

Now, I'm not saying some are not experiencing drops in these rates, but it's not because R* purposely reduced them otherwise we would all be having the same problem.  

5 hours ago, Kean_1 said:

I've said it before but the spawn rate of animals in sessions I and my friends have played after the update haven't changed.  They are still plentiful.

Now, I'm not saying some are not experiencing drops in these rates, but it's not because R* purposely reduced them otherwise we would all be having the same problem.  

I am thinking it depends on which server you join, your location, and the number of players in the lobby. It would seem that a lot of people are landing on bare ones for some reason. My friend on the west coast keeps having issues with it but I'm not.

51 minutes ago, The_Liquor said:

Today I simply rode at a wall/slow trot from the Indian reserve to the st denis butcher killing critters along the way... I made $60. Doesn’t seem like much of a nerf to me.

I mean I still get $10 for a buck so long as I don't skin it. Same with every other animal minus exotic birds with their reduced feather drop rate. They *fixed* it so that we aren't getting extra for a bare animal. I mean would you buy a whole working car for $10k or buy all the pieces of the same car for $15k?

I always skinned my animals anyway (can get way more bits and pieces back to the butcher than whole animals)... all that really changed is the price of the picked over carcasses as far as I know...

and your car price analogy is flawed...in the case of animal products, the more it’s pieced up the more complete your final product is... I mean what would you pay more (per pound) for? Nice cuts of steak and prime rib, or a dead cow?

also, a a part time trapper, I can make over $80 for a single coyote pelt in good shape, properly skinned and stretched, when companies like Canada Goose buy it for their parkas. If I sell the whole coyote to a skinner, I’ll be lucky to get $10-$15...

I should add, when I skin my coyote, I have all sorts of teeth and bones and meat I can also make small crafts with to sell, or sell to Natives who make all sorts of interesting things, baits and lures to keep my little operation running with little overhead...

Edited by The_Liquor