Jump to content

Is Hunting Dead?


Makaveli
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hunting has been realy nurfed and badly hurt in red dead i have notice that in st deins and a lot of the map there is not as many animals dear or bore ect and the price u get for any animal part have been cut in half. Now i just fish and do stranger missions to try get some cash but i realy liked 2 hunt but find it ant wort my time now hope rockstar fix this in time...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

That's not my experience at all. My hunting spots are still filled with wildlife and while carcasses have been adjusted in value, whole animals fetch a good price.

If animals are not spawning for you, I would submt a trouble ticket through R* Support because this certainly isn't an issue for all.  .....which means something is wrong in your case 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Makaveli said:

lol must be i just gone blind r unlucky 

....could also be a bug.  Try some other areas as well and if there truly is a problem with wildlife not spawning in, I still say you should submit a trouble ticket.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, nshanny73 said:

Kean_1 should make a list of these GREAT hunting spots he goes on and on about

I'd tell ya but then I'd have to shoot ya.  ;)

Seriously though, it's no secret.  I personally like Big Valley but I also have success in areas like the plains of the Heartlands, etc.  I usually just go to a spot and run back and forth over a distance that will allow animals to respawn.  

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I prefer the cross map method myself... spawn in at Blackwater or something then zig zag cross country from butcher to butcher, killing everything that moves... maybe not the most effective use of my time, but I enjoy the scenery. Also, I tend to go for quantity over quality. If I see a perfect buck I’ll make the effort to keep it that way of course. But I like to start seeing the ‘you can’t take any more parts’ messages before I get to the next sell point.

since the update, I have had one bad day where animals seemed to disappear. But today was back to normal for me.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Snipe said:

Confirmed... I’ve got plenty of wildlife to sling lead at today, in all the usual spots.

And now I notice Bison are dropping FIVE cuts of meat instead of the old max of four. Sweet!

I noticed 3* gators dropping 5 cuts of big game meat also.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, The_Liquor said:

I prefer the cross map method myself... spawn in at Blackwater or something then zig zag cross country from butcher to butcher, killing everything that moves... maybe not the most effective use of my time, but I enjoy the scenery. Also, I tend to go for quantity over quality. If I see a perfect buck I’ll make the effort to keep it that way of course. But I like to start seeing the ‘you can’t take any more parts’ messages before I get to the next sell point.

since the update, I have had one bad day where animals seemed to disappear. But today was back to normal for me.

We do that too.  I also do the quantity over quality as I can collect a full load of meat for good profit.  I'm also tend to bag several 2 star and even the occasional 3 star pelts peppering herds.  

 

18 minutes ago, nshanny73 said:

same here Kean_1... and of course, the east coast in between st. denis and van horn trading post

 

4 minutes ago, BurbonChaser said:

I noticed 3* gators dropping 5 cuts of big game meat also.

I need to hunt more over on the East coast.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

hell yeah Kean_1... gators are easy pickings for big game meat with a rifle head shot... heron, spoonbill, pelican and loon plumes... deer, boars, toads and muskrats also but not as often... plus a couple of quality fishing spots... and then you can head to van horn, take cover on the pier behind the fence and go to town on NPC's and lawmen

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I noticed that some server I will join seem to be wiped of animals but if you ask around, you will find groups of people hunting. I am not sure what the respawn rates are either, they might not respawn for an hour which would make for some pretty bare servers. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, nshanny73 said:

nothing gets me more excited than the sound of a heron flock... or just one...lol

well, maybe going on a successful hideout spawn run

Herons and spoonbill have been very scarce on the servers I have visited, I'm lucky if I see 1-2 herons and I have yet to see any spoonbill since the nerd dropped...I mean the update.😁

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I find that the amount of animals is fine for me, I don't really see much of a change in that. The problem I'm having is when I shoot two or three animals, I skin one, and the other two paw prints disappear. I submitted a ticket with Rockstar, and they closed the ticket without responding.  I also see large birds flying slow, and once they get directly above me, they go out of sight, and don't come back into sight they just disappear.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Jackthestripper said:

I find that the amount of animals is fine for me, I don't really see much of a change in that. The problem I'm having is when I shoot two or three animals, I skin one, and the other two paw prints disappear. I submitted a ticket with Rockstar, and they closed the ticket without responding.  I also see large birds flying slow, and once they get directly above me, they go out of sight, and don't come back into sight they just disappear.

sometimes it happens to me too. even before the update

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, nshanny73 said:

I have also noticed that certain spawns seem less populated and the animals, notably birds, seem a little bit faster

I don’t think the birds are faster, but the varmit rifle is most definitely slower...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Glitched said:

yes because animals have less value, spawn less and if u kill multiple animals they disappear when u are skinning 1st or at least while u are skinning ur 2nd animal.

In my experience, animals are still spawning the same for me and some others as well.  We have no indication that this was something R* had implemented in their update (to reduce animal spawns).  There are still plenty of animals in my hunting spots as there were prior to the TU (bugs/glitches due to the patch roll backs leading up to the update considered).  

If you're experiencing a drastic decrease in animal spawns, I would encourage you to report the issue to R* perhaps as a bug.  

https://www.rockstargames.com/reddeadredemption2/online/feedback?step=f2e50892

Let them know what you're seeing in your sessions.

As far as the despawn of felled animals in the field, IME this has always been the case.  What I've noticed is that a lot depends on the number of animals killed as well as their proximity to one another.  The further away from each other, the more the chance the furthest ones will despawn before you can get to them all.  I find that as long as they are within "radar range", I typically will not lose any to despawning.  

I imagine it also has to do with what is going on in the gameworld at the time as well with system resources, etc.  When I try to kill multiple animals at once, herds, flocks ,etc., I try to kill as many as I can and harvest those that are closest to each other (within the circumference of my mini-map.  I then work my way outward and if the other animals are still there, great.  .....if not, then they are lost.  

This never changed for me or those that I've played with.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Kean_1 said:

In my experience, animals are still spawning the same for me and some others as well.  We have no indication that this was something R* had implemented in their update (to reduce animal spawns).  There are still plenty of animals in my hunting spots as there were prior to the TU (bugs/glitches due to the patch roll backs leading up to the update considered).  

If you're experiencing a drastic decrease in animal spawns, I would encourage you to report the issue to R* perhaps as a bug.  

https://www.rockstargames.com/reddeadredemption2/online/feedback?step=f2e50892

Let them know what you're seeing in your sessions.

As far as the despawn of felled animals in the field, IME this has always been the case.  What I've noticed is that a lot depends on the number of animals killed as well as their proximity to one another.  The further away from each other, the more the chance the furthest ones will despawn before you can get to them all.  I find that as long as they are within "radar range", I typically will not lose any to despawning.  

I imagine it also has to do with what is going on in the gameworld at the time as well with system resources, etc.  When I try to kill multiple animals at once, herds, flocks ,etc., I try to kill as many as I can and harvest those that are closest to each other (within the circumference of my mini-map.  I then work my way outward and if the other animals are still there, great.  .....if not, then they are lost.  

This never changed for me or those that I've played with.

They should never have nerfed hunting until they fix this despawning issue. I'm aware of that if trying to kill multiple animals, I should have them killed as close each other as I can, yet even though I do this they will despawn. I feel like rdr online is dying as hunting was one of the reasons why people were still showing up on rdr online. Overall its just disappointing that even though u see multiple animals there is not much you can do abt it when u know that despite killing each and everyone of them u may only harvest 1 or 2 of them. This reason alongside with lowered value of animals doesn't encourage to hunt like we did before imo. I have experienced less animals spawning and also sessions without this issue. It's still too early to tell. I did have abt 10 friends playing rdr online but now there is only 1 of them still returning to rdr. Its obvious that the game is dying, there are better options to spend time on.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Glitched said:

They should never have nerfed hunting until they fix this despawning issue. I'm aware of that if trying to kill multiple animals, I should have them killed as close each other as I can, yet even though I do this they will despawn......

Well, there's two things here.  

First, the hunting economy.  Personally, aside from price adjustment on harvested carcasses, I personally haven't seen any "nerfs",  In fact, with the fix to missing payouts for some pelt I was experiencing I'm actually getting a little more money as I haven't noticed any price or qty reductions on the harvested materials.  I find hunting about as lucrative as it was before with the exception of the Lemoyne area where apparently the amount of plumes had been reduced from 3 to 1 on one of the more valuable birds.  Flocks and herds also spawn all over for me as well as my friends.  My hunting grounds have been as fruitful as they have been in the weeks past.  .....but again, if you're finding a noticeable decrease in animals appearing in the game after the update, I would report it.

As for despawns, I have a feeling this is more about game design limitations than something that can be "fixed" like a bug.  Even live animals and NPCs will disappear at times when outside of a particular range.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...