Player drop off ?

Zampen

Seeing less and less players in free roam... Only half full lobbies everywhere i go. Things are looking kinda bad it seems. Rockstar better pull a rabbit out of their a@@#s and quick, i really want this game to work but i dunno anymore 🙄

Edited by Zampen
  • Like 1

I would think that R* would employ some type of routing software that would ensure servers fill up rather than having partial ones running.  Even if the numbers had decreased, I'm sure it's not in their best interest to have it appear that way to you and I. 

I popped on free roam for about 20 minutes early this afternoon. 

I literally caught 2 Lake sturgeon for the achievement and there were 6 people in the lobby. 

I been concentrating on story mode all day apart from that. Nothing to do with the update. Wanna get the story out the way 

As I mentioned in a post here yesterday (disappeared, unsure why, but not really important), I can’t even get on or stay on for more than 20 minutes at a time, since the big update. So I’ve had to hang it up, for now. (No, It isn’t my system or my Internet connection. I run a business out of the house and have a dozen other games on the same console that work great).

So between issues with the game, and the ever-present connection issues which I’ve seen discussed by a ton of people... it is probably taking a toll.

I’ve got no choice at this point for online but to lurk forums like this, wait to see if things improve in terms of stability and crashes. So I’ll be making a comment here or there, but not much since I can no longer get into the game to confirm anything or play, really. <sigh>

1 minute ago, Snipe said:

As I mentioned in a post here yesterday (disappeared, unsure why, but not really important).....

Funny, I was just thinking the same thing about another thread I read early this morning and then went to look for and couldn't find.  It was not deleted by any of us (I checked). Didn't see anything recently deleted at all including your missing topic.

Kewl @Kean_1.. good to know. I wouldn’t have been bent out of shape if someone had deleted it. It amounted to an “I wish I could play” thread and I get if a mod would rather have a few less of those cluttering up the place.  :) 

Edited by Snipe

51 minutes ago, Snipe said:

Kewl @Kean_1.. good to know. I wouldn’t have been bent out of shape if someone had deleted it. It amounted to an “I wish I could play” thread and I get if a mod would rather have a few less of those cluttering up the place.  :) 

Naw, we don't delete stuff unless it's against the rules (e.g. spam, rude/insulting post, etc.). .....or it gets moved to a more appropriate sub forum.

25 minutes ago, Renascent said:

Seems like just about the same amount of people even if they did increase the capacity to 40? There were always at least 20-28 on the sessions and seems to be about the same. 

The Division 2 has an open beta this weekend.

I know that's where I've been.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Renascent said:

Seems like just about the same amount of people even if they did increase the capacity to 40? There were always at least 20-28 on the sessions and seems to be about the same. 

Did they increase it? I thought it was always capped at about 24.  Didn't hear about an increase 

33 minutes ago, Kean_1 said:

Did they increase it? I thought it was always capped at about 24.  Didn't hear about an increase 

I mean it seems like they did. Although I never see more than 30 in a session. At least when I scroll down, I only see 24 right now.

PS_Messages_20190302_205604.jpg

Edited by Renascent
  • Thanks 1

Lack of Free Aim lobbies and Private lobbies are hurting this game.

R* doesn't seem to want players to enjoy the game the way they want.  For example, I can't just host and play free aim co-op mission.    Theres nothing fun about co-op auto aim missions with 4 players.  Nothing...   Players ride to the spot, spam auto aim, kill everything in seconds.  And the faster missions get done the less you get.  

Also the fact that pvp game modes lack hosts, hosting options and the ability to play specific game modes is another shot in the foot.  This kills off any sort of real competitive game communities from forming.   Instead we get this auto aim, pvp game mode where players have NO choice on what they play.

I got pulled off by Far Cry New Dawn and Battlefield V and just haven;t felt the urge to get back on. I'm off tomorrow so I had planned on logging on to check out the new patch, but again, I just don't feel like I'm missing out on anything.

8 minutes ago, KylesDad7 said:

How is it btw?

IMO, same as the Division 1 but improved. I liked the first one but wasn't a fan if the RPG nature of the damage mechanics. I liked GRW way better in that regard. TD2 is less spongy. 

As for RDO, I still like the game but as I have said many times before, there may be times I shelve the game for a bit to shift priorities, etc. I will still play and I know there is a lot more to come, changes to be made, new options, content, etc. Personally, I don't but into any of this "fail" talk of late. Even if I eventually move on, I still believe R* will adjust accordingly,  keep this game going and make it grow. 

1 minute ago, Ragee503 said:

Maybe that is the best way to drive the point home to R* is a mass exodus until they fix this s##t show. I know I am.  TD2 is looking like a good place to land for me.

Gonna have to go back and finish that mission tonight. .....so close.

I take breaks so I don’t get burnt out. Didn’t play much this weekend but will jump on later today.

The only part of the update I have a big issue with is the bounty system (Dripfeed) However I don’t blame R* for this I blame the players that started playing an open world shooter set in the Wild West then complained because they were being shot.

I know griefing was/is a problem because I’ve been griefed and even reported players for it. However through that whole situation I could have just left the lobby but we chose to fight back and killed them all (14) and it was fun lol.

Now however even if you defend yourself you get a bounty. This is directly the result of complaining so now we are being taxed for playing the game the way it was meant to be played.

No matter what R* does the majority will never be happy. This is what happens when a developer caters too much to their player base if all you want to do is hunt or fish I’m pretty sure they make those games too, that aren’t COMPETITIVE shooters.

We gave everyone participation awards now nobody knows the value in loosing.

Edited by virgil_caine

37 minutes ago, virgil_caine said:

I take breaks so I don’t get burnt out. Didn’t play much this weekend but will jump on later today.

The only part of the update I have a big issue with is the bounty system. However I don’t blame R* for this I blame the players that started playing an open world shooter set in the Wild West then complained because they were being shot.

I know griefing was/is a problem because I’ve been griefed and even reported players for it. However through that whole situation I could have just left the lobby but we chose to fight back and killed them all (14) and it was fun lol.

Now however even if you defend yourself you get a bounty. This is directly the result of complaining so now we are being taxed for playing the game the way it was meant to be played.

No matter what R* does the majority will never be happy. This is what happens when a developer caters too much to their player base if all you want to do is hunt or fish I’m pretty sure they make those games too, that aren’t COMPETITIVE shooters.

We gave everyone participation awards now nobody knows the value in loosing.

Hmmm Interesting concept.  But no I think people of different play styles would like to enjoy the online part of the game be it a black hat or a white hat and hell even the ass hat.  Its just that I usually don't hang with adults that beat up on children for fun like a level 150+ chasing around a level 20+ till they leave the lobby. That too me isn't fun. I agree with you on the bounty except that it is the fault of R* for not allowing invite only lobbies so that people can play with like minded players. It is not the fault of the people complaining that they are tired of having to play with people they don't like.

And by the way I am 65 years old and not one who is used to receiving participation awards. 

That being said,  I will be quitting playing solo and only be on when friends are on.  

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Ragee503 said:

Hmmm Interesting concept.  But no I think people of different play styles would like to enjoy the online part of the game be it a black hat or a white hat and hell even the ass hat.  Its just that I usually don't hang with adults that beat up on children for fun like a level 150+ chasing around a level 20+ till they leave the lobby. That too me isn't fun. I agree with you on the bounty except that it is the fault of R* for not allowing invite only lobbies so that people can play with like minded players. It is not the fault of the people complaining that they are tired of having to play with people they don't like.

And by the way I am 65 years old and not one who is used to receiving participation awards. 

That being said,  I will be quitting playing solo and only be on when friends are on.  

What’s the point of leveling if all you’re going to do is hunt, fish, pick herbs and kill NPC’s?

43 minutes ago, Ragee503 said:

Its just that I usually don't hang with adults that beat up on children for fun like a level 150+ chasing around a level 20+ till they leave the lobby. That too me isn't fun.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. The occasional high level, yeah they pick on the lowbies. But more often than not it's the rank 20-40s that tend to be the "griefers" in my experience (I've played just about every day since 2 weeks after launch). And the times that I and my posse have chased around a rank 20 somethin is when they started it first, and we make them regret their actions by raining hellfire down on them. They get to a certain rank and think they can take on anyone with no consequence.

Hell, I may have mentioned in this thread that I and a couple of my friends were sitting in Armadillo doing nothing but buying clothes and admiring each other's outfits. Some rank 25 with pelts and a deer on his horse had rode by me when I came in, nothing happened. Mind you, my posse and I are all 140+ with the highest being 185. Few minutes later, the dude comes and shoots my horse, my friend's horse and me and downs one of my friends. We didn't have guns out or anything and were surprised. Before he could chickenshit away, I shot him and his horse full of pelts down with a dynamite arrow. Then we killed him a few more times till he parley and left the session. Overboard? Maybe a little. But we're generally nice people until you do somethin like that. And no, the guy wasn't shooting by accident or for the daily. He shot at us about 7 times or so.

Edited by Renascent

18 minutes ago, virgil_caine said:

What’s the point of leveling if all you’re going to do is hunt, fish, pick herbs and kill NPC’s?

In the future I think that It has the potential to be as good if not better than GTAO.  In that game I was able to co-op with friends and pull off end game heists.  Those were indeed challenging especially for 2 players on hard for the doomsday heists.  I played that game for over 3 yrs without doing any pvp bull.  Yes we went in to open sessions periodically to do set ups and to play shoot em up for a hour or so with others but frankly I found that part quite boring. I was a level 400+ by then so I wasn't  intimidated easily.

I am not saying that others shouldn't be able to play the way they want.  Its just that that isn't my game. I think private lobbies would answer that perfectly. They could then leave the free roam just the way it is if so desired.  However they should try and get rid of auto-aim.  That is 99% of problem.

I will invest much more of my time into something like this if they fix the problem and if they don't, oh well.

6 minutes ago, Renascent said:

I've said it before and I'll say it again. The occasional high level, yeah they pick on the lowbies. But more often than not it's the rank 20-40s that tend to be the "griefers" in my experience (I've played just about every day since 2 weeks after launch). And the times that I and my posse have chased around a rank 20 somethin is when they started it first, and we make them regret their actions by raining hellfire down on them.

And that is cool,  But too me the grind is hard and long enough without someone distracting me from my goal.  Maybe after I have all the basics bought and paid for I would enjoy that more with no new content but for now I want to grind $ and xp without interruptions from people I didn't ask for.  You guys may be mature enough to not bother people but others not so much.  Once is too many times I am not a tolerant person in real life and in gaming.   

1 hour ago, virgil_caine said:

Who says that is all anyone wants to do? Perhaps we want to level up, hunt, fish, pick herbs and kill NPCsin free roam (without di*ks killing us mid animation or a millisecond after leaving a cutscene, or sniped when trying to go to the shop etc) so we have money and experience when we choose to enter structured PVP events such as showdown modes, or free roam missions, or other times when there is an actual reason to enter into combat with other players and everyone is in on the pending gunfight...

• Like 1