Hunting and Trader wagon?

EjectedCasings

For the Trader role, In order to increase your production capacity, do you have to get a larger wagon? What's the long distance payout for 100 goods? Also, is there a seperate wagon you have to buy in order to be able to use it, or can you use the starter wagon for hunting

-Cheers

Edited by EjectedCasings
fixed a spelling error

$625 for 100 goods and 2500xp. $500 for 100 goods if you to scared to risk the long trip. TO get larger wagon, you have to buy small and medium first. Hunting wagon is separate. You buy it in the stable. I think it is $850.  I didn't buy hunting wagon until after I reached lvl20. It helps to have it for sure but you don't need to have to complete trader. 

Edited by Savage_Reaper

You have to buy medium to be able to buy the large wagon? Oh, thats a relief then, in hindsight I thought the medium wagon was a complete waste of money considering you quickly rank up to the level needed for the large (when there are animals spawning on the map).

Medium wagon is a slight improvement in profitability, Large wagon is a big improvement in profitability. 

If money is an issue, find a friend who has a large 100 goods delivery to make. You get $300+ just for helping. The long mission of course not the short one.  I spent  a day helping a few friends level up their  trader , when I went to my camp  I was able to buy all the wagons at once. I already had enough cash prior, but if you are flat broke.....making several supple runs is easy money. Also make sure you have the upgraded saddle bag from the Dora the Explorer (Collector) . You can hold more meat to sell to butcher.

Edited by Savage_Reaper

to be honest to add a different opinion/information

the Hunting wagon isn't worth it at all considering most times animals aren't spawning (due to nerf?) much, and when they do they're running all over the place including through trees, hills and all that.

Also unless you're hunting every single animal you see regardless of quality then you're better off hunting for two carcasses (perfect one on horse the other dragged by lasso) and skinning everything else.

The hunting wagon can only have stuff placed in it by you only, not friends or posse members.

one pro is that it does allow you to go far from camp for a bigger load if you cant find animals near camp also if destroyed or you have to get off  you can keep them stored in the wagon forever/long time? (havent tested it out yet), but make sure to have the right guns as you cant have your horse and wagon out at the same time and your weapons arent transferred over to your wagon so you cant switch if needed. 

28 minutes ago, Born Homicidal said:

to be honest to add a different opinion/information

the Hunting wagon isn't worth it at all considering most times animals aren't spawning (due to nerf?) much, and when they do they're running all over the place including through trees, hills and all that.

Also unless you're hunting every single animal you see regardless of quality then you're better off hunting for two carcasses (perfect one on horse the other dragged by lasso) and skinning everything else.

The hunting wagon can only have stuff placed in it by you only, not friends or posse members.

one pro is that it does allow you to go far from camp for a bigger load if you cant find animals near camp also if destroyed or you have to get off  you can keep them stored in the wagon forever/long time? (havent tested it out yet), but make sure to have the right guns as you cant have your horse and wagon out at the same time and your weapons arent transferred over to your wagon so you cant switch if needed. 

I was very disappointed with the hunting wagon.  I was only able to haul 4 deer carcasses, a rabbit carcass and a goose carcass before it told me that the wagon was full.🙄

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kean_1 said:

I thought somewhere there was a list of the the things of things you could fit in the wagon.  

On the list of things that don't fit in the wagon?  My enormous 

Spoiler

ego

1 hour ago, Vaderspupil said:

I was only able to haul 4 deer carcasses, a rabbit carcass and a goose carcass

A "Deerabboose" sounds delicious. 

2 hours ago, Born Homicidal said:

can only have stuff placed in it by you only, not friends or posse members

So you're married to it, then.

1 hour ago, DNMNetTech said:

Once the hunting wagon was stating it was full, I was still able to put a bunch of pelts on it.

The wagon is useful depending on how you use it. I use mine as a mobile storage locker in a way. It can hold 5 large carcasses and ton of pelts. If I'm out running a bounty mission and pop a couple of 3 star deer, I call the wagon. Than make it flee when done loading . I always try to keep 5  perfect animals on the wagon at all times. That way when Cripps tells me I'm low I'm all set. Sure it can be annoying fleeing your horse and calling the wagon, but it isn't that big of a deal. I was doing a stranger/rescue mission last night and popped a perfect cougar and buck. Called the wagon, threw them on and than sent it away . Easy. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Kean_1 said:

I thought somewhere there was a list of the the things of things you could fit in the wagon.  

it's based on a 10 point system. 2 points for large carcasses, 1 point for small carcasses. Once you reach 10 points your full but can still store pelts. I think the limit for pelts is 50 (not confirmed).

• Thanks 1

I wanted to make a post about the wagon but ill say it here. 

I personally hate the wagon in its current state.     Sure you can store more animals on it but:

- Its super slow and hard to handle, 

- You have to take the wagon to a stable in order to get back on your horse (isnt there a fast option for that?)

- You cant change weapons when you are on the wagon 

- If you want to make a supply mision for Cripps while you are hunting and delivering goods in order for him to keep producing while you hunt you will have to deliver the bag on foot bcoz you cant put the bag on the wagon........

- you cant whistle on the wagon for it to come to you, 

There is a section in the stables where you can improve your wagon but there are no options for it other than insurance. Maybe they will implement addons to wagons bcoz as it is roght now it sux.     Waste of money. 

I gather animals faster on horse than on the wagon. 

How are your feelings?  Am i doing something wrong?

1 hour ago, James Hickok_1837 said:

I wanted to make a post about the wagon but ill say it here. 

I personally hate the wagon in its current state.     Sure you can store more animals on it but:

How are your feelings?  Am i doing something wrong?

https://www.rdr2.org/forums/topic/6166-hunting-wagon-possible-spoilers/ 

I had a lot of the same frustrations as you. 😁

Call/dismiss the wagon using the stables option in the in-game menu - it becomes a lot more useful!! 

The way I use it now is travel around by horse as normal, make a kill, put it on horse. If I then find another animal as good or better I kill it, dismiss the horse, call the wagon and stow it, dismiss the wagon, call horse back again and continue. I still think it could be better (maybe it will be?) but it does a useful job.

• Thanks 1

- You have to take the wagon to a stable in order to get back on your horse (isnt there a fast option for that?)

You can dismiss your hunting wagon without worrying about losing any carcasses or pelts. Go to the same location you called for it.. Press X button to dismiss it. You won’t be able to call the wagon back for 2 mins.

- You cant change weapons when you are on the wagon 

You can change weapons at your camp with the weapon locker. If I'm not near my camp, I just dismiss the hunting wagon call my horse & change weapons.

I gather animals faster on horse than on the wagon. 

I use the hunting wagon the same way Savage_Reaper uses it. As a storage unit & go back to horseback when I'm done.

14 hours ago, Savage_Reaper said:

The wagon is useful depending on how you use it. I use mine as a mobile storage locker in a way. It can hold 5 large carcasses and ton of pelts. If I'm out running a bounty mission and pop a couple of 3 star deer, I call the wagon. Than make it flee when done loading . I always try to keep 5  perfect animals on the wagon at all times. That way when Cripps tells me I'm low I'm all set. Sure it can be annoying fleeing your horse and calling the wagon, but it isn't that big of a deal. I was doing a stranger/rescue mission last night and popped a perfect cougar and buck. Called the wagon, threw them on and than sent it away . Easy. 

• Thanks 1

I just bought the hunting wagon.  Seems to be overrated.  I have one deer, one pronghorn, one duck, four ravens, and one loon carcass on it and it is telling me it is full.   I'm assuming it will hold a bunch of pelts, but not sure how many.  I have never been told that my horse alone could not fit another pelt, so not sure of the horse's capacity for pelts.

Best use of the wagon is 5 large animal carcasses and then anything else you can fit on it. You can then have another large  carcass & 2 mediums on the horse plus whatever pelts you’ve got. You won’t lose what’s on the horse when fleeing/recalling it. I think I read the pelt limit for horse was 50?

5 minutes ago, parkenman said:

I discarded a poor deer carcass to make room for a good gila monster carcass.  I figured it would put the deer carcass outside the wagon so I could skin it, but is just disappeared. 

Yeah, I was annoyed when I found out you could only discard from the wagon. Now I only put decent carcasses in there and use my horse for the poorest one I have that I might swap for better.

I wish it would let you call your horse to follow you when you are using the wagon.

Wow.  I just had two a-holes that were possed up shoot me while I was away from my wagon and then they dynamited my wagon.  It was insured, so I guess it will just be available in the stable on my next visit?  Lost everything I had in it.

Edited by parkenman

1 hour ago, parkenman said:

I wish it would let you call your horse to follow you when you are using the wagon.

Wow.  I just had two a-holes that were possed up shoot me while I was away from my wagon and then they dynamited my wagon.  It was insured, so I guess it will just be available in the stable on my next visit?  Lost everything I had in it.

How do you know you lost everything in it?  I bet it’s still there when you recall the wagon.

2 hours ago, parkenman said:

I discarded a poor deer carcass to make room for a good gila monster carcass.  I figured it would put the deer carcass outside the wagon so I could skin it, but is just disappeared. 

I would like to see a remove and a discard option for the wagon.

10 minutes ago, parkenman said:

I'm assuming it was destroyed when they dynamited the wagon.  Haven't checked yet but I will next time I play.

K, let us know.  Pretty certain the only way to lose something stowed on your wagon is discard it or give to cripps/sell to butcher.

4 hours ago, parkenman said:

Everything should be in your wagon once you call it back. My buddy flipped his and destroyed it. When he called a new one, everything was still there.