You Have Been Poisoned

nshanny73

I think that I must have been poisoned last week (no idea how, snake bite I guess, was in Cholla Springs) - I was running along and then got a prompt 'poison has worn off'.  I can't have had a bad does (as I say, didn't notice any effects, I just carried on hunting) but that suggests that poison can simply wear off (even if the prompt was a glitch, it wouldn't exist as a prompt if wearing off weren't possible!).

Snakes definitely poison you. Perhaps a poison arrow too. 

In story I recall trying to use a health cure to cure it as it has ginseng in it but it didn't seem to work. Only sure way I know of is to eat a ginseng herb from your satchel, so in Online, I always keep ginseng on me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yeah, I've only been bit by a snake once each between online and story play, and have been poisoned on both occasions. The potent health cure worked in story mode, but in online, only ginseng and superior stew (which is news to me) works.

As others said, always keep some ginseng.  I always snag them as I go by.

I’ve been bitten a few times - nothing new, always been in the game. Running around on foot in the long grass on a quietish server will do it. If you have a gold health core it tends not to affect you at all, you’ll only know it’s happened if you spot the heart icon flashing to a skull. 

I think I've been bitten once and poisoned a long time ago. It's one of those features in the game that can be relatively rare not unlike being struck by lightning.   ....which can happen but it is an extremely slim chance that it will.

1 hour ago, ragedhunter11 said:

What happens when you are poisoned if you choose not to do anything? Do you eventually die or do you just get hit with some limiting effects until it wears off?

I believe it does wear off after some time, but it does damage your health core periodically the same way extreme temperatures do. I think I was forced to have it wear off as I didn't have any ginseng once. I just kept eating snacks to top off my core.

Edited by Moosh89
  • Like 1

I may be wrong but I think the effect on health core is secondary. The primary effect of the poison is to rob you of a portion of the outer health bar. The core then obviously restores that health and if the core isn't gold it will diminish slightly in that process. If you have a very weak core and don't replenish it then the poison could ultimately kill you when the outer ring depletes.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/17/2019 at 10:48 PM, Moosh89 said:

I believe it does wear off after some time, but it does damage your health core periodically the same way extreme temperatures do. I think I was forced to have it wear off as I didn't have any ginseng once. I just kept eating snacks to top off my core.

Doesn't seem to be to big of an inconvenience then. Still worth knowing. Thanks for telling me dude.