Jump to content

Sexy Time (Sexually Explicit Scenes)


Qu3ster
 Share

Recommended Posts

My friend brought up something the other day that I didn't think about. In RDR, we played as a married man who turned his life around. Sure, there were criminals about doing dirty things, but for the most part, we saw very little sexually explicit scenes in the game. 

For a refresher, there was only one actual scene showing sex. (The video plays at the part, it is censored, no worries!)

With RDR2, we will be playing with the actual gang, both in it and alongside it so in my mind, I am thinking we will see more things pertaining to sex. I would guess there will be more interactive prostitution, scenes with prostitutes/women and gang members, and things of this nature. 

How far you think things will go? Know the sex trade was a huge deal back then... How far should things go for the sake of realism? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It’ll be at least as graphic as GTAV. On the topic, I have a feeling Arthur and Sadie are involved. There’s some history there or they become a couple. Something. 

Edited by CMcC
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, CMcC said:

It’ll be at least as graphic as GTAV. On the topic, I have a feeling Arthur and Sadie are involved. There’s some history there or they become a couple. Something. 

It was funny in GTAV but that game was all about pushing boundaries and such.  My wife and I got a kick out of it as it was a bit of a surprise that you could actually pick up hookers, get a lap dance in a strip club, have one of the girls come to your apartment, etc.  It was one those humorous mechanics they had like getting high, getting drunk, etc.  It was cool to discover some of those things although once you do, the joke is already over. 

Why some folks are fixated on this particular facet of games though (nudity and sex) is beyond me.  In RDR2, I'm sure they will be some but I doubt they will overdo it.  ......I'm with Benjo on this one as I could really care less to be honest.

Edited by Kean_1
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

If they do more scenes like this, they do but if not, I wouldn't notice. 

I don't think they will go as far as rape or anything like that if you are talking about pushing those kinds of boundaries. Yeah, it happened a lot back then especially because of the sex trade but I don't think we will see much on that, even in missions. RDR has a few dealing with prostitution but it showed more of the backend realism of these women being abused. 

I am sure we will be able to do all the hooker related shinanigans of GTA V in this one but timed accordingly. I get a kick out of it but I don't need sexual scenes or anything like that in the main story. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Anc1entC0re said:

If they do more scenes like this, they do but if not, I wouldn't notice. 

I don't think they will go as far as rape or anything like that if you are talking about pushing those kinds of boundaries. Yeah, it happened a lot back then especially because of the sex trade but I don't think we will see much on that, even in missions. RDR has a few dealing with prostitution but it showed more of the backend realism of these women being abused. 

I am sure we will be able to do all the hooker related shinanigans of GTA V in this one but timed accordingly. I get a kick out of it but I don't need sexual scenes or anything like that in the main story. 

I really don't see them going that far in RDR2.  GTAV was more about outrageousness, raunchiness and seedy side of society.  There will probably be some but not to that extent I believe.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, "DOC" said:

A member of your gang is a redhead street walker.... Case closed.... Lonely gang, even the blonde...it could get interesting, anybody like witcher 3? LoL  

 

I really liked the Witcher 3 but they could have removed all of the sex scenes from it and I would still have the same opinion.  In other words, it added nothing to the gameplay that I would have missed if it were never there.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

I think the only people who would really enjoy sex scenes in a video game like this are the same people who enjoyed playing those bikini volleyball games from back in the day. If it is not telling a story, it doesn't have to be in the game. Just my opinion. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have to say like the others, if it really doesn't advance the story, well it doesn't need to be in there.  I for one usually skip those scenes, never know when my son may be watching or even walk in the room.  It would require "The Talk" and really don't want to have it started by something he sees in a video game with corrupt morals.   But hey, that's just me.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm not opposed to sex scenes if they add to the context in the game but they don't need to show full on nudity or even be graphic. I think the one show of it in the first one was more of a shock factor. Like you did not expect to see it walking into that house. You can also have strong sexually suggestive things in a game without even showing anything pertaining to sex... Look at MGS 5. That was a bit cringe for me. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/12/2018 at 7:35 PM, RON said:

l_6aa409b0-c8bd-11e1-98ea-ebccb7500006.j

Keep those moralless harlots of the night away from RDR2 and my pants, please! 

That would be a bad ass costume if he was like 10 years younger...

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/9/2018 at 12:40 AM, Purple Cactus said:

I think the only people who would really enjoy sex scenes in a video game like this are the same people who enjoyed playing those bikini volleyball games from back in the day.

I played those games for the articles.

On 6/27/2018 at 2:09 PM, Kean_1 said:

I'm with Benjo on this one as I could really care less to be honest.

**could not**

On 7/12/2018 at 12:09 AM, DarkShark said:

I'm not opposed to sex scenes if they add to the context in the game but they don't need to show full on nudity or even be graphic.

If I want to ride side-saddle with no pants on in the game, that's MY buisness.

 

On 6/28/2018 at 7:24 PM, Anc1entC0re said:

I am sure we will be able to do all the hooker related shinanigans of GTA V in this one but timed accordingly. I get a kick out of it but I don't need sexual scenes or anything like that in the main story. 

Make it a mini-game: a chance for a temporary stat boost as a result, but with the randomized chance to get chlamydia and slowly die unless you get some penicillin from the doc.

On 7/12/2018 at 12:09 AM, DarkShark said:

You can also have strong sexually suggestive things in a game without even showing anything pertaining to sex... Look at MGS 5. That was a bit cringe for me. 

I have to love how relationships and sex are taboo in a game with indiscriminate violence and killing.  You can shoot someone in the face and watch geysers of blood wash all over the place, but show a pixelated boob, and everyone clutches their pearls.

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, BropolloCreed79 said:

I have to love how relationships and sex are taboo in a game with indiscriminate violence and killing.  You can shoot someone in the face and watch geysers of blood wash all over the place, but show a pixelated boob, and everyone clutches their pearls.

Image result for george rr martin exquisite detail

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, BropolloCreed79 said:

Make it a mini-game: a chance for a temporary stat boost as a result, but with the randomized chance to get chlamydia and slowly die unless you get some penicillin from the doc.

They could do this without showing anything graphic which is fine by me. If they decide to show everything, also fine by me. I don't care either way... But the thought of getting a stat boost from a BJ is hilarious! 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, BropolloCreed79 said:

I have to love how relationships and sex are taboo in a game with indiscriminate violence and killing.  You can shoot someone in the face and watch geysers of blood wash all over the place, but show a pixelated boob, and everyone clutches their pearls.

It's not that we can't handle it, well maybe some can't.  It is more like an old porno, it could be watched from beginning to end, but far too many people will be playing the same 20 seconds over and over and over till they have wore the game out.    Most would never actually see the big finally at the end.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

....yeah, I can tell you my remarks are not a case of being a prude or easily offended by such material in games as I am truly indifferent.  On the other hand, I find it more curious as to why some individuals would even find a feature like "pixelated boobs" and animated sex something they would be interested in for a game like RDR2. 

 

....but at this point I could give two poops about it at as I'm currently more concerned about a dozen other gameplay mechanics.

Edited by Kean_1
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, Kean_1 said:

I find it more curious as to why some individuals would even find a feature like "pixelated boobs" and animated sex something they would be interested in for a game like RDR2. 

Because "bewbs".

Honestly, though, it doesn't matter to most of us whether it's in here or not unless there's an underlying gameplay mechanic.  The fact of the matter is, if you're looking for an immersive experience that is replicates real life, people DO fornicate, and more often than not, they are not wearing much when engaged in such activity.  

As far as mentioning "pixelated boobs", the phrase is so ridiculous that I had to work it into an equally ridiculous conversation.  I am a filthy pervert, and you should never take anything I say at face value if I'm throwing around preposterous comparisons and metaphors.  For those of us old enough to remember the days of set top cable boxes before the digital age, "pixelated boob" or "scrambled porn" pre-internet was about as good as it got apart from dirty magazines.  Back in my day, you had to work for your porn, it wasn't ubiquitous like it is now, where I cant go more than three links deep in the Internet without coming across some truly weird "adult content" (no need to label what I'm talking about, but we all know).  Hell, I bet you could get from Sesamie Street to ungated "adult" content in five clicks, just using page links.

My point in all of this is, nudity and sex have been a part of life for as long as humanity has been "a thing".  So has violence, and I find it hilarious that (as I said before) people are abhorred at the concept of "nudity" in a game but are fine with shooting people in the face.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, BropolloCreed79 said:

Because "bewbs".

Honestly, though, it doesn't matter to most of us whether it's in here or not unless there's an underlying gameplay mechanic.  The fact of the matter is, if you're looking for an immersive experience that is replicates real life, people DO fornicate, and more often than not, they are not wearing much when engaged in such activity.  

As far as mentioning "pixelated boobs", the phrase is so ridiculous that I had to work it into an equally ridiculous conversation.  I am a filthy pervert, and you should never take anything I say at face value if I'm throwing around preposterous comparisons and metaphors.  For those of us old enough to remember the days of set top cable boxes before the digital age, "pixelated boob" or "scrambled porn" pre-internet was about as good as it got apart from dirty magazines.  Back in my day, you had to work for your porn, it wasn't ubiquitous like it is now, where I cant go more than three links deep in the Internet without coming across some truly weird "adult content" (no need to label what I'm talking about, but we all know).  Hell, I bet you could get from Sesamie Street to ungated "adult" content in five clicks, just using page links.

My point in all of this is, nudity and sex have been a part of life for as long as humanity has been "a thing".  So has violence, and I find it hilarious that (as I said before) people are abhorred at the concept of "nudity" in a game but are fine with shooting people in the face.

 

There has been people who have issues with the violence.  Feel free to ask Rockstar, they have been targeted by many angry parents.  Of course same parents who bought their under age children a rated M for mature video game .  Now who do you think those angry parents are going to be angry at when they walk in a little Jonny playing and learning how the world works while he is also learning about his body. 

Like I said I don't think anyone here will have a problem with it, but the parents of little Jonny might and I am sure they won't take the responsibility when they find out about the game.

A few Christmases ago at Best Buy, a couple of mom's in front of me in the line discussing GTA5 and how a 10 year old boy was going to be so happy to get it.  This was a year or two after release.  I gave them the highlights of each character, especially when Trevor got to town.  The game got put back, at least till the other decided her husband might like to play it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, BropolloCreed79 said:

Because "bewbs".

Honestly, though, it doesn't matter to most of us whether it's in here or not unless there's an underlying gameplay mechanic.  The fact of the matter is, if you're looking for an immersive experience that is replicates real life, people DO fornicate, and more often than not, they are not wearing much when engaged in such activity.  

As far as mentioning "pixelated boobs", the phrase is so ridiculous that I had to work it into an equally ridiculous conversation.  I am a filthy pervert, and you should never take anything I say at face value if I'm throwing around preposterous comparisons and metaphors.  For those of us old enough to remember the days of set top cable boxes before the digital age, "pixelated boob" or "scrambled porn" pre-internet was about as good as it got apart from dirty magazines.  Back in my day, you had to work for your porn, it wasn't ubiquitous like it is now, where I cant go more than three links deep in the Internet without coming across some truly weird "adult content" (no need to label what I'm talking about, but we all know).  Hell, I bet you could get from Sesamie Street to ungated "adult" content in five clicks, just using page links.

My point in all of this is, nudity and sex have been a part of life for as long as humanity has been "a thing".  So has violence, and I find it hilarious that (as I said before) people are abhorred at the concept of "nudity" in a game but are fine with shooting people in the face.

 

Filing taxes are part of real life as well but i wouldn't necessarily enjoy reliving such realities in a game.  

 

Seriously though, having this in the game wouldn't be an issue for me.  It didn't bother me in GTAV although other than an initial surprise and laugh, I never felt the need to keep revisiting the strip club, getting lap dances at my apartment, picking up hookers in my car, etc.  When I think of meaningful gameplay in these titles, sex and nudity are not on my list of mechanics / features I'd actively seek or even miss. 

 

My only point here was not everyone is necessarily offended at such content just because they show indifference or a lack of interest in it within this context.  If some folks get their enjoyment from it though, yeah.....ok.  Whatever floats your boat or in this case, tosses it. 

 

btw, I'm at the half century mark so I can relate to the days of pre-cable / internet.  Actually, our first set top box was ONTV with a knob that was either "on" or "off".  

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Kean_1 said:

Filing taxes are part of real life as well but i wouldn't necessarily enjoy reliving such realities in a game.  

The only exception to this I would make is if you are on the run from the IRS and they are trying to kill you. That would be a pretty interesting game. Though again, wouldn't be doing your taxes directly and this is likely why you are on the run... uhhh

 

Also... I have nothing wrong with pixel boobs. I kind of like that term now. Kind of makes it sounds like you are referring to a flat chested woman though lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

LATEST RDR2 NEWS CLIPS

×
×
  • Create New...