Jump to content

cheaters / hackers


KidChenoa
 Share

Recommended Posts

I just played my last online with RDR2.  I've had it with cheaters and hackers and no support from Rockstar and their developers.  Nothing being done..so I'm not supporting any longer.  This won't stay posted long before they will remove it...but I've had my moment,  Going back to games where they care about those paying good money and supporting development which contributes to secure gameplay.

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This should be moved to the RDO section @Kean_1

As for your post Kid, this is a fan forum. The place is not run by nor affiliated with them. You can see for yourself in the footer. We are just players like you and several of us have had our fair share of issues with the game. I have no way of giving any advice for what is happening. Some people opt to stop playing for good, others take breaks, some just deal with the issues. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, KidChenoa said:

I just played my last online with RDR2.  I've had it with cheaters and hackers and no support from Rockstar and their developers.  Nothing being done..so I'm not supporting any longer.  This won't stay posted long before they will remove it...but I've had my moment,  Going back to games where they care about those paying good money and supporting development which contributes to secure gameplay.

As Dave pointed out, RDR2.org is not affiliated in any way with R*.  

As for us removing content, as long as it's within the rules of the forum, I see no reason for anyone to censor you if that's what you're worried about.

.....so, if you wish to stay and participate as a community member, you're more than welcome. If this was your second and last post, then I'm not sure what else to say other than good luck.

@DiamondDave, Thanks.  I moved this to online although it could also fit in PC since this is a unique issue for that platform.   ......hacking and modding.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't know what it is be it a lack on Rockstar's part to enforce their own rules or players just being too much for them to handle but the hacking and modding stuff is likely never going to go away, not completely. They allow mods offline which opens the game up enough for people to use them online, even though this is against their rules. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/1/2020 at 5:27 PM, YellowDragon said:

I don't know what it is be it a lack on Rockstar's part to enforce their own rules or players just being too much for them to handle but the hacking and modding stuff is likely never going to go away, not completely. They allow mods offline which opens the game up enough for people to use them online, even though this is against their rules. 

I think because it is easier to use and run mods now, more people are doing it. I mean, I have no in-depth knowledge on them and was able to get a few running offline no problem. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, KVNknowsbest said:

I think because it is easier to use and run mods now, more people are doing it. I mean, I have no in-depth knowledge on them and was able to get a few running offline no problem. 

It's a sad truth in PC gaming.  

......but it seems the OP has flown the coop so this is all kind of a moot point trying to tell him anything at this point.  Never saw the point in making a post like this when you have no intention of returning but c'est la vie. 

I'm going to go ahead and move this to PC though since it's more specific to that platform.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 this is garbage, online cheaters auto aim on pc i die in 2 sec, i had it to with online to manny cancer players, using cheates and auto aim, not fun i was hoping to make friends and go missions togheder this is not possibile with all the cheaters and gamepad auto aim   gl fan boys 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, Foculdinsuflet said:

gl fan boys 

I get the frustration some have over things like this but what I don't get is the need some feel to insult those who still find ways to enjoy the game or perhaps don't agree on the same points, etc.    

Good luck to you too I guess.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Why join just to post stuff like this and leave? PC gaming has had issues with hackers, modders, etc. for YEARS. I started playing games on PC in like 2005 I think and even back then, this was the case. Rockstar can't be blamed for this entirely and if you have this much of a problem with it, it is better to play games like this on console only. It may not be perfect but it is a lot more complex to run mods and hacks on there. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

They did actually do something. They banned hundreds of players. Literally. I read the forums they were banned on and every  one of them was bitching, saying it wasnt them, they were only using them for hunting and gold and stuff, meanwhile, one of the cheats is literally called "Trollthem". Seriously, these ****ers not only cheat but cant own up to screwing up and using it in every possible way to make other players miserable. Im not saying they got rid of all the cheaters. I blasted some ******* 4 times with my sawn off shotgun, incendiary rounds, and he just stood there and took it. But the bans did take place, I am 100% positive. They ran from being banned for life, to timed bans (month, week, etc.) to having all their money taken to having their character deleted and having to start over from lvl 1. Keep reporting cheaters. It does work. Dont let it go. Call them out on it. If you can record it, do so. It DOES help. Youll hear people who use cheats try and tell you that Rockstar doesnt do **** about cheaters, that video doesnt help, they will rationalize it out on builds...one guy told me he won because he had more stamina (We were in a fist fight and I was kicking his ass but then my stamina was going down, and his wasnt because he had the unlimited stamina cheat. He got banned for sure. I saw his name in the forums when they were complaining about getting busted). They WILL come up with new ways around it, but Rockstar does weekly sweeps of the cheats they know of. So if you have access to cheats in online, send Rockstar the URL and they will add that to their sweeps. Im not going to say how i know it for a fact, but trust me, it is. And report, report, report. Those that get more reports get more severe punishments. So if ******** gets 10 reports on him, hes probably getting banned for life, and will have to go out and buy a new game, and if he does that and continues to cheat, they will ban him for good. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/6/2020 at 2:15 PM, Vargre said:

They did actually do something. They banned hundreds of players. Literally. I read the forums they were banned on and every  one of them was bitching, saying it wasnt them, they were only using them for hunting and gold and stuff, meanwhile, one of the cheats is literally called "Trollthem". Seriously, these ****ers not only cheat but cant own up to screwing up and using it in every possible way to make other players miserable. Im not saying they got rid of all the cheaters. I blasted some ******* 4 times with my sawn off shotgun, incendiary rounds, and he just stood there and took it. But the bans did take place, I am 100% positive. They ran from being banned for life, to timed bans (month, week, etc.) to having all their money taken to having their character deleted and having to start over from lvl 1. Keep reporting cheaters. It does work. Dont let it go. Call them out on it. If you can record it, do so. It DOES help. Youll hear people who use cheats try and tell you that Rockstar doesnt do **** about cheaters, that video doesnt help, they will rationalize it out on builds...one guy told me he won because he had more stamina (We were in a fist fight and I was kicking his ass but then my stamina was going down, and his wasnt because he had the unlimited stamina cheat. He got banned for sure. I saw his name in the forums when they were complaining about getting busted). They WILL come up with new ways around it, but Rockstar does weekly sweeps of the cheats they know of. So if you have access to cheats in online, send Rockstar the URL and they will add that to their sweeps. Im not going to say how i know it for a fact, but trust me, it is. And report, report, report. Those that get more reports get more severe punishments. So if ******** gets 10 reports on him, hes probably getting banned for life, and will have to go out and buy a new game, and if he does that and continues to cheat, they will ban him for good. 

I am glad they are doing something about it but you know some people likely abuse this system. I have heard of people getting temp bans for simply being near players who were doing shady stuff. They just get looped into it. They need a better system for detecting stuff. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is a problem in all games.  Elite Dangerous a few months ago had a player protest this (and show how bad the problem really was) by activating an invincibility hack and jamming himself into the approach slot of the busiest station in the game on the open server.  He was there all day--even contacted Frontier himself to tell them this was going on--and they blew it off.

 

Developers like to do all this stuff by automation so if you accidentially leave a mod in your folder they'll "see" it and ban you but hack the game and cheat like a pig day in and day out they just shrug.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Kidchenoa before you quit for good do like most of us do take a break I just played for the first time in well over a month two days ago had a blast. Take a beak for a while I would recommend atleast two weeks then come back and if you still have issues take a break for a month or a couple try again if still have issues then call it quits patches that come with updates sometimes fix those kind of things. If you issue is with hackers and the like switch to console that’s what I do I play on ps4 now and haven’t had any issues at all except for animal spawns but that’s about to be fixed

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I agree with taking a break. It helps a lot. Gaming in general when it comes to online can be frustrating at times, no matter what game it is. It helps to take breaks and refresh the game for yourself. I cut back a lot on playing RDR2 and I am not getting nearly as frustrated. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 10 months later...

Including my own experience first time and last time I played online and was chased around by some who kept killing me repeatedly, after reading this thread, I am thinking I may go ahead and get that Playstation system I have been thinking about and go to online mode with that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, DaveandAngel said:

Including my own experience first time and last time I played online and was chased around by some who kept killing me repeatedly, after reading this thread, I am thinking I may go ahead and get that Playstation system I have been thinking about and go to online mode with that.

Just change lobbies - on PC - ESC - scroll down to ONLINE then choose CAMP & you will respawn in your camp in a new lobby ready to start playing all over again - don't let them win by forcing you to quit - griefing & hacking isn't as prevalent as some make it appear - just change lobbies & carry on playing - the game is amazing don't let those who are underendowed ruin it for you 

ESC

ONLINE

CAMP

Carry on as you were

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/8/2021 at 11:35 AM, Sigill MacFinn said:

Just change lobbies - on PC - ESC - scroll down to ONLINE then choose CAMP & you will respawn in your camp in a new lobby ready to start playing all over again - don't let them win by forcing you to quit - griefing & hacking isn't as prevalent as some make it appear - just change lobbies & carry on playing - the game is amazing don't let those who are underendowed ruin it for you 

ESC

ONLINE

CAMP

Carry on as you were

Thank you, that's great.  I would not have known that!  My fault of course, for not reading manual and such, but I never have.  I am one to just jump in and learn as I go.  As a result I miss alot of things about games I think, but yah, thats good info  :) 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, DaveandAngel said:

Thank you, that's great.  I would not have known that!  My fault of course, for not reading manual and such, but I never have.  I am one to just jump in and learn as I go.  As a result I miss alot of things about games I think, but yah, thats good info  :) 

 

I too have never read a manual - it's places like this amazing forum & its members that you learn all this stuff - you did the best thing & asked & we will always do our best to answer :)

Keep on enjoying it  :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/8/2021 at 6:35 PM, Sigill MacFinn said:

Just change lobbies - on PC - ESC - scroll down to ONLINE then choose CAMP & you will respawn in your camp in a new lobby ready to start playing all over again - don't let them win by forcing you to quit - griefing & hacking isn't as prevalent as some make it appear - just change lobbies & carry on playing - the game is amazing don't let those who are underendowed ruin it for you 

ESC

ONLINE

CAMP

Carry on as you were

That doesn't necessarily work. I was playing with my friend in a posse and suddenly when we were approaching our camp there were constant explosions everywhere and we kept dying to it every time we spawned. I knew it was some hacker sc*m having a blast so we did exactly that and changed lobby. Everything seemed to be fine at first and we were doing trader resupply mission. On our way back to camp with supply cart it suddenly disappeared and mission failed because supply cart was destroyed. I knew it was the same hacker and he was somehow following us and sabotaging our game.  We decided to quit and stop playing for the day. Something should be done about this problem, I was lucky and managed to actively play for 1 whole month without a sign of hackers but suddenly I have seen 2 of them in a short period of time. First hacker I saw was pretty harmless and he was just chasing me on foot and spawning dozens of buffalos until I escaped on my horse. But then it's game over if hacker targets you and harasses you everywhere you go. I just hope that my friend isn't now actively targeted because she was posse leader and she's playing with female character and it was her camp/mission that was sabotaged. I've read that hackers do that too, apparently some of them are bitter  because they never had a girlfriend or something.

Edited by TomB
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, TomB said:

That doesn't necessarily work. I was playing with my friend in a posse and suddenly when we were approaching our camp there were constant explosions everywhere and we kept dying to it every time we spawned. I knew it was some hacker sc*m having a blast so we did exactly that and changed lobby. Everything seemed to be fine at first and we were doing trader resupply mission. On our way back to camp with supply cart it suddenly disappeared and mission failed because supply cart was destroyed. I knew it was the same hacker and he was somehow following us and sabotaging our game.  We decided to quit and stop playing for the day. Something should be done about this problem, I was lucky and managed to actively play for 1 whole month without a sign of hackers but suddenly I have seen 2 of them in a short period of time. First hacker I saw was pretty harmless and he was just chasing me on foot and spawning dozens of buffalos until I escaped on my horse. But then it's game over if hacker targets you and harasses you everywhere you go. I just hope that my friend isn't now actively targeted because she was posse leader and she's playing with female character and it was her camp/mission that was sabotaged. I've read that hackers do that too, apparently some of them are bitter  because they never had a girlfriend or something.

Ouch!

What platform - PC?

Were you streaming or anything like that?

It is very difficult to follow people across lobbies without some "additional" help

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, Sigill MacFinn said:

Ouch!

What platform - PC?

Were you streaming or anything like that?

It is very difficult to follow people across lobbies without some "additional" help

Yeah PC and we were not streaming. To me it it seems highly unlikely that after changing lobby we bumped into different hacker within 15 minutes in the middle of nowhere. It had to be the same one. I watched a video on Youtube about RDO hackers and apparently all they need to know is my player name and they can do whatever they want, even follow me across lobbies. Also RDO uses such a bad p2p system that even IP addresses of players are easy to find out and hackers can attack their computers at any time off-game.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

LATEST RDR2 NEWS CLIPS

×
×
  • Create New...