Jump to content

2/14/20: Title Update 1.18 for PS4 / XB1


Kean_1
 Share

Recommended Posts

I haven't seen the official patch notes from a R* direct source / link yet but here is what it is said to include by other sites like UpdateCrazy (https://updatecrazy.com/rdr2-update-1-18-patch-notes-read-what-is-new-and-fixed/).

I will post the official notes once available or if someone else could link to them that would be great:

RDR2 update 1.18 patch notes

  • Addressed stuttering and lag issues.
  • Addressed crashing issues.
  • Fixed framerate drop issues.
  • Performance and stability improvements.
  • Added some minor under the hood fixes.

RDR2 update 1.18 is now available for download on PS4 and Xbox One.

 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, KVNknowsbest said:

I don't play on console but I know a few people who do and one of them said the game seems worse for them now while the other one is saying issues have been fixed for him. I would hate to be in the developers shoes trying to fix this game. 

Sometimes things have to get worse before they can get better..... it does seem like they are working on things which is more than it felt like for months ... personally I think we are headed in the right direction ... 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just to clarify once again.....

In the 1.17 TU, R* said that they had tried to address the animal spawn issue in regard to some scenarios but are still working toward a fix for all.  What this means is that some may not see an improvement while perhaps some others do.  .....and yeah, I'd image some may even perceive things as being worse but I think the take-away from all this is that they know about it and also have acknowledged the fact that it's still not fixed.

I still haven't seen any official patch notes from R* on 1.18 but some sources only mention "Performance and stability improvements" while others like the one linked mentioned the other items being addressed.   .......but even so, they are relatively vague points and again, not necessarily suggestive of fixes for particular issues people are having.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've heard that the latest bug patches were a huge success, and the bugs are much buggier now. If only we could get RS to understand that patches are supposed to remove the bugs! :P

I'll hold off archiving the game for now, at least they seem to be making the effort. Still holding out hope.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

as a constant basher of rockstar when things are bad, I must say:

Logged in today for the 1st time in 2 weeks

1st thing, check player count which was 24... Ok, this should be a true test of the updates

check the map, game spawned my favorite camp location in Copperhead Landing... point rockstar

travelled down the coastline... bullfrogs and rabbits... extra points because I haven't seen rabbits in the swamp in months

and the true test was arriving to my favorite alligator spawn point and there were ALLIGATORS plus Cranes and Herons!!!  

not as plentiful as before but certainly looking promising!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well, I went straight to the latest patch and had time to play for about 20 min. I spawned in and almost instantly got a defend some stranger’s camp random event. I made my way to my camp near by killing deer, squirrels, ducks, turkeys, rabbits, skunks etc. The whole way. In a Lobby of 24 players. I didn’t have time to give it an extensive look, but my first impression is a pretty good one (I haven’t even turned the game on in the last month or so).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hunting isn't a big part of my game, but there are definitely more and different animals today. My character lives mostly off of roadkill (small animals my horse steps on and deer crashes) and predator meat that I have to kill anyways. In 8 hrs (game time) I got 1 cougar, a grizzly and 4 wolves. That's enough snacks for a months worth of poker. (poker really drains your cores when you play for 3 days straight.) I dont know if its enough to satisfy the whackers and stackers, but it seems like its back to what it was a couple of months ago.

I also think I ran across a new NPC character. (Picture Lady) I believe I p!ssed her off when I pointed my shotgun in her face, because she just up and ran away before I could figure out what her game was. She was new to me and you just cant trust strangers anymore.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I havent downloaded any updates, how can I check to see if I did and didnt notice?

I dont think I have the update, nothing has changed in game, ID say it is even worse, today the bounty boards were greyed out on top of not being able to male a camp or find a single animal other than a bird.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, lumper said:

I havent downloaded any updates, how can I check to see if I did and didnt notice?

I dont think I have the update, nothing has changed in game, ID say it is even worse, today the bounty boards were greyed out on top of not being able to male a camp or find a single animal other than a bird.

I’m not sure... on PS4 it won’t let me launch online unless the updates have been installed (a pain when you have a free hour or so,want to play only to spend that free time downloading a surprise update).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Noticed something yesterday, you cannot equip the bandana or gloves while riding at full steam anymore, and it is not a bug. (you get a massage saying you cannt use horse items above a sertian speed...)

That is an annoying change..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've logged in yesterday to have a try and i have to say things have turn  out better.   

Killed some Gators (havent seen them i a loong time), deers, goats and other animals. Even the big predator birds were back like hawks and eagles. Came across a dynamic event and 2 gang hideouts. Also didnt have problems with camp or moonshine quests. 

Played for about 1,5 hour and did 9 dailies plus ranked 315. 

Glad that they are actually started doing something to fix the issues. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, James Hickok_1837 said:

I've logged in yesterday to have a try and i have to say things have turn  out better.   

Killed some Gators (havent seen them i a loong time), deers, goats and other animals. Even the big predator birds were back like hawks and eagles. Came across a dynamic event and 2 gang hideouts. Also didnt have problems with camp or moonshine quests. 

Played for about 1,5 hour and did 9 dailies plus ranked 315. 

Glad that they are actually started doing something to fix the issues. 

Did you download an update ?

I havent noticed any downloads and I just want to know what version of the game I should be running and how to check if I have gotten the update or not.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, lumper said:

Did you download an update ?

I havent noticed any downloads and I just want to know what version of the game I should be running and how to check if I have gotten the update or not.

As @The_Liquor mentioned, the game won't play online if you don't.  ....at least not in PS4 and I believe that would be the same for XB1. On PS4 you can also click options in the game tile to see if there is an update available.

9 hours ago, NF85 said:

Noticed something yesterday, you cannot equip the bandana or gloves while riding at full steam anymore, and it is not a bug. (you get a massage saying you cannt use horse items above a sertian speed...)

That is an annoying change..

That was the case before IIRC.  I recall always having to be stopped or traveling quite slow to change outfits for instance.

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, NF85 said:

Noticed something yesterday, you cannot equip the bandana or gloves while riding at full steam anymore, and it is not a bug. (you get a massage saying you cannt use horse items above a sertian speed...)

That is an annoying change..

Ew why would they do that? I mean this is something that should be an option given that robbery and thug/gang behavior is encouraged. This is just stupid to remove it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Kean_1 said:

As @The_Liquor mentioned, the game won't play online if you don't.  ....at least not in PS4 and I believe that would be the same for XB1. On PS4 you can also click options in the game tile to see if there is an update available.

That was the case before IIRC.  I recall always having to be stopped or traveling quite slow to change outfits for instance.

 

 

Thanks Kean,

I suppose I have it then, uggg the game is worse than ever.

Cant make a camp, cant do bounties cant enter my moonshine shack, there are no animals, etc...

I was hoping I hadnt updated it and this was why I was seeing such bad lobbys.

Heck I just went in to do daily challenges and after I left I thought,hmm let me jump back in quick to check version # lol I could not get back into a server, just had an infinite loading screen 4 times before I just gave up.

I love this game, but I hate this game!!

My new oled tv arrives Friday so whatever, I am going back to story mode until they fix this stuff, if it werent for daily challenges I wouldnt go online at all, I am up to 144 bars.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's a minor thing, but since yesterday I get "This feature is not available right now. Come back later" when I approach a poker table. Before the latest updates I never had a problem joining a game. IIRC, it worked after the updates and just stopped yesterday and today. The message feels like "go do something else while we connect some wires". I tried several different poker rooms with the same message. Is it just me or has anyone else experienced this?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/17/2020 at 6:12 PM, Kean_1 said:

 

That was the case before IIRC.  I recall always having to be stopped or traveling quite slow to change outfits for instance.

 

 

like way, way back?

i have been playing since last summer and i could allways equip the bandana and gloves at full horse speed untill this week.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, NF85 said:

like way, way back?

i have been playing since last summer and i could allways equip the bandana and gloves at full horse speed untill this week.

Before the last update I recall having to slow down to equip my hat if I lost it. That msg doesn't sound familiar though.  .....maybe Im just remembering it wrong.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Kean_1 said:

Before the last update I recall having to slow down to equip my hat if I lost it. That msg doesn't sound familiar though.  .....maybe Im just remembering it wrong.

I agree with you; I’ve been playing since day 1 of the beta and have always had to slow down to equip anything from horse ..... story mode is like this as well. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Mr. Bohannon said:

I agree with you; I’ve been playing since day 1 of the beta and have always had to slow down to equip anything from horse ..... story mode is like this as well. 

.....thanks for the sanity check.  I've been with the game since day one too but haven't been on for a while after the spawn issues.  ....although that looks like its finally on its way to being sorted out.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Kean_1 said:

.....thanks for the sanity check.  I've been with the game since day one too but haven't been on for a while after the spawn issues.  ....although that looks like its finally on its way to being sorted out.

No problem; I took my break for a few months last summer. I’ve not stopped playing through the most recent ‘moonshiner update issues’ and while it’s not where it should be, you can definitely tell they are working on it and progress is being made. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...