Jump to content

Money Exploits


Bonzai
 Share

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, YodaMan 3D said:

  If they then have to waste time fixing the cheats and glitches that you abuse, then they may never spend time fixing the issues that originally started you down that road.  

Now this is how you win an argument, I didn't think about that and it makes sense... right now I'm way too hot-headed with how the online is being handled and how the servers are disconnecting me only when I have some sort of progress just for luls. I guess I will leave and maybe comeback to check if it was fixed or maybe not... What I'll not do is annoy myself with this boring AF griding for another week paying double for something that should me mine already.

3 hours ago, Poggy said:

Glitches are tempting, but if boring, why bother?  It's not so much a moral issue for me, as just a I want to play to have fun issue.

I agree with this, in fact getting money from those ways ruins the worth of achieving my goals, anything that I get doing that turns to be meaningless, BUT I already achieved that goal and I got nothing for it, my prize for playing and earning the money was taken with what I used to get it. I don't want to buy the whole game in a day, I wanted my gun back.

Edited by Bonzai
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Bonzai said:

anything that I get doing that turns to be meaningless,

That's exactly why I never bothered with that gold bar exploit in story mode. It makes a large part of the game entirely pointless. Now I have 10 gold bars PLUS 2k on top of that and nothing to spend it on...

Point is, you'll get there one way or another. You'd might as well enjoy the ride. This is just a game after all, if you're not enjoying it then you shouldn't bother.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, Truth said:

That's exactly why I never bothered with that gold bar exploit in story mode. It makes a large part of the game entirely pointless. Now I have 10 gold bars PLUS 2k on top of that and nothing to spend it on...

Point is, you'll get there one way or another. You'd might as well enjoy the ride. This is just a game after all, if you're not enjoying it then you shouldn't bother.

That is why I am still in Chapter 3  and doing as many of the side tasks as I can.  Everytime I go to camp Dutch is in his tent," Arthur, we need to talk!"  and I just walk on by.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, YodaMan 3D said:

That is why I am still in Chapter 3  and doing as many of the side tasks as I can.  Everytime I go to camp Dutch is in his tent," Arthur, we need to talk!"  and I just walk on by.

I finished the explorer challenges (using the guide). You end up with more gold bars than you would ever really need. Plus it increases your dead eye, so it was definitely worth doing. It's also the easiest of the challenges (if you have the guide).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, YodaMan 3D said:

I don't work for Rockstar.  When and if they choose to ban your account you can accept that as proof.   So I don't have to prove it.

I would also suggest if you come on forums and claim to cheat, I will point it out for 2 reasons.  

R* isn't going to ban people for NO reason.

Joining a game.. Ransacking a few drawers and leaving the game..     Is not cheating.

 Hell, joining games.. looting and leaving is something people have been doing in in mmos  and action rpgs loot based games for years and years.

If you are gonna call some one a cheater, you should at least point out what 'rule' they are breaking.

 

Also im being really.. really nice about this.    

Edited by HuDawg
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, HuDawg said:

R* isn't going to ban people for NO reason.

Joining a game.. Ransacking a few drawers and leaving the game..     Is not cheating.

 Hell, joining games.. lootings and leaving is something people have been doing in in mmos  and action rpgs loot based games for years and years.

if you're are gonna call some one a cheater, you should at least point out what 'rule' they are breaking.

 

Yet you see that as how the game is suppose to be played.  Load up, loot, leave, risne and repeat.  Just because players have been cheating the system, doesn't mean they aren't cheating.  

Check the Terms of Service for the game.  You will find that they will cover their bases for these things.  

Yes, they will ban you for these kinds of things.  They did it to players in GTA: Online.  Players that wasn't given a second chance, permanent bans.  You want to cheat, good for you.  When you get banned, you will always be able to tell Rockstar, that isn't fair, players have been doing it for years.  Not your fault, no one warned you that you was cheating.   Maybe they'll believe you.  

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well, seems R* has acknowledged the many economy complaints and has chosen to make that one of the subjects of their main focus for an update that will release as early as this week.  Also appears that other updates will be coming frequently as well:

DthZrxyXcAA-Jyc.jpg:large

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is for informational purposes. 

I saw this money making scheme exploit on YT today for RDO. You go to Valentine and kill and skin the pigs in the pigpens. Then take that loot; 1 carcass, 4 pelts, meats, etc, to the nearby butcher. The pigs will respawn. Repeat your routine. This can be good for the travel distance is low. Low risk, high reward. $22 earned in less than 5 minutes. His best run was around $33 in 4 minutes. Poster speculates that R* will fix this. Perhaps by changing the respawn timer.
 


I wonder if R* made the prices on everything so expensive, to help lure out money exploits?

P.S. He does a good Dutch impression.

P.P.S. There is a spoiler in the video at the 10:58-11:10 where you hear on the audio track a mention to

Spoiler

the serial killer and their location. 

 

I had heard about that and seen evidence of this in game. But haven't fully checked it out yet. So if you watch the video, just mute it for those 12 seconds to avoid that spoiler.

 

Edited by Volt
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Volt said:

This is for informational purposes. 

I saw this money making scheme exploit on YT today for RDO. You go to Valentine and kill and skin the pigs in the pigpens. Then take that loot; 1 carcass, 4 pelts, meats, etc, to the nearby butcher. The pigs will respawn. Repeat your routine. This can be good for the travel distance is low. Low risk, high reward. $22 earned in less than 5 minutes. His best run was around $33 in 4 minutes. Poster speculates that R* will change the respawn timer to fix this.
 


I wonder if R* made the prices on everything so expensive, to help lure out money exploits?

P.S. He does a good Dutch impression.

....if it wasn't for all the trolls that seem to congregate in Valentine.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Kean_1 said:

....if it wasn't for all the trolls that seem to congregate in Valentine.

You know what might be fun?  Canoeing to those islands off the coast of Lemyone, and sniping people who come at you in a canoe across the water.  All you have to do is sit there crouched behind cover, and watch your map.  I bet there's tons of knuckleheads who would be foolish enough to keep coming at you.  A good rolling block or springfield rifle and auto aim?  Easy-peasy!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Kean_1 said:

Well, seems R* has acknowledged the many economy complaints and has chosen to make that one of the subjects of their main focus for an update that will release as early as this week.

I'm glad they will try to fix the bugs kicking people... maybe I'll be able to play now instead of getting disconnected every third step I take, thanks for the info!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, BropolloCreed79 said:

You know what might be fun?  Canoeing to those islands off the coast of Lemyone, and sniping people who come at you in a canoe across the water.  All you have to do is sit there crouched behind cover, and watch your map.  I bet there's tons of knuckleheads who would be foolish enough to keep coming at you.  A good rolling block or springfield rifle and auto aim?  Easy-peasy!

That's hilarious because I was thinking the exact same thing last night.  No one can spawn there so they would have to come by boat.  I would love to try that sometime.  

.....now someone will tell me there are no boats to be had.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Bonzai said:

I'm glad they will try to fix the bugs kicking people... maybe I'll be able to play now instead of getting disconnected every third step I take, thanks for the info!

No problem.  Let's hope it fixes the problem for everyone or at least help mitigate it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, YodaMan 3D said:

Check the Terms of Service for the game.  You will find that they will cover their bases for these things.  

R* cannot ban people for leaving and joining new games.

And taking advantage of fresh items spawns is not cheating.   

R* needs to make items spawns random if they have a problem with players who farm these items.

15 hours ago, YodaMan 3D said:

 

Yes, they will ban you for these kinds of things.  They did it to players in GTA: Online.  Players that wasn't given a second chance, permanent bans.  You want to cheat, good for you.  When you get banned, you will always be able to tell Rockstar, that isn't fair, players have been doing it for years.  Not your fault, no one warned you that you was cheating.   Maybe they'll believe you.  

 

Many Friends on mine of GTA used to actually 'cheat'.. Duping cars/money glitches.  They had hundred of millions.

None of them ever got banned...

But you can't compare that to farming fresh items spawns in RDRO since thats 100% legit.   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

R* cannot ban people for leaving and joining new games.

And taking advantage of fresh items spawns is not cheating.   

R* needs to make items spawns random if they have a problem with players who farm these items.

Many Friends on mine of GTA used to actually 'cheat'.. Duping cars/money glitches.  They had hundred of millions.

None of them ever got banned...

But you can't compare that to farming fresh items spawns in RDRO since thats 100% legit.   

Seeing how you don't want to feel bad about cheating, then don't.  Once this becomes the real game and players continue to do it and it becomes an issue to Rockstar.  They will ban players.  You are right, not all players got banned for duping cars, but those who did got permanent bans.  They too argued that they didn't know it was wrong.  They still didn't get to play GTA: Online.  You are also correct they probably won't ban you for joining and leaving, but I do see what you are doing being the same as the players who tried to cheat in GTA.  You don't and won't cause you don't want to admit what you are doing is wrong.  Let's play this out and see what happens.  Maybe you won't ever get banned, whiles others might. 

I am positive that if you look up the Terms of Service for their online game.  You will see that these of things will be covered there and if you get caught.  You will be banned.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, YodaMan 3D said:

Seeing how you don't want to feel bad about cheating, then don't

Well I don't consider it cheating and don't consider it wrong..  So why would i feel bad?

Btw.. i did look at the terms of service.

 

No where does it say you can't join and leave games..  Just sayin'

 

Common dude..  Its not like enjoyed leaving and joining new games.  I played co-op missions for 2 hours and made $10.    I rather just play the game and enjoy myself.  

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

Well I don't consider it cheating and don't consider it wrong..  So why would i feel bad?

Btw.. i did look at the terms of service.

 

No where does it say you can't join and leave games..  Just sayin'

 

Common dude..  Its not like enjoyed leaving and joining new games.  I played co-op missions for 2 hours and made $10.    I rather just play the game and enjoy myself.  

 

 (7) you will not cheat or utilize any unauthorized robot, spider, or other program in connection with the Online Services.

Straight from ToS.  You can't honestly say logging in and out to scam free loot is how the game is suppose to be played.  It doesn't matter that players have done it for a life time prior to this. 

As I have said, I am not a Rockstar employee.  If you think it's legit, keep it up.  You may get lucky or you may not.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, YodaMan 3D said:

 (7) you will not cheat or utilize any unauthorized robot, spider, or other program in connection with the Online Services.

Leaving a game and joining a new one is NOT CHEATING, no matter how you spin it.    Im sure as hell not using a robot, spider or mechazoid.    Its not even a glitch.   The game is designed that way.

 

1 hour ago, YodaMan 3D said:

You can't honestly say logging in and out to scam free loot is how the game is suppose to be played. 

Scam free loot?

How do i scam free stuff loot already free for the taking?   Its literally sitting there...  .  :D

I think the correct word is farming.  Which is exactly what it is.

It just so happens.. That if you join a new game, you spawn in the same area.  And that area will be filled again with the exact same loot it had.  

 

 

 

Edited by HuDawg
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/4/2018 at 4:41 PM, HuDawg said:

Leaving a game and joining a new one is NOT CHEATING, no matter how you spin it.    Im sure as hell not using a robot, spider or mechazoid.    Its not even a glitch.   The game is designed that way.

 

Scam free loot?

How do i scam free stuff loot already free for the taking?   Its literally sitting there...  .  :D

I think the correct word is farming.  Which is exactly what it is.

It just so happens.. That if you join a new game, you spawn in the same area.  And that area will be filled again with the exact same loot it had.  

 

 

 

You should really listen to yourself.  Do you really think that joining a game and leaving game and repeating that over and over and over, just to scam some loot was what Rockstar intended.  You really can't convince people that is they true nature behind their thinking.

According to you, they have spent 8 years sitting in a room going, "Hey instead of developing a game that players would want to sign in and play for hours.  Why don't we create a game where they login and out scamming loot for hours.  Cause well it will just be there."

I can be an opened minded person, but debating with you about how it's ok to cheat.  You don't understand it's wrong.  I get it, I grew up in the generation that believed it isn't wrong as long as you don't get caught.  If you get caught, just don't be surprised that you get banned.  It may not happen.  They didn't ban everyone who cheated in GTA Online.  

Just remember your cheating online with all the fun you are having, is going to affect others.  In many cases ruin their fun, when many of them don't cheat.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, YodaMan 3D said:

You should really listen to yourself.  Do you really think that joining a game and leaving game and repeating that over and over and over, just to scam some loot was what Rockstar intended. 

Its not scamming..      Again. you keep twisting things around.

14 minutes ago, YodaMan 3D said:

 

I can be an opened minded person, but debating with you about how it's ok to cheat.  You don't understand it's wrong.  I get it, I grew up in the generation that believed it isn't wrong as long as you don't get caught..

I don't consider it wrong.. nor do i consider it cheating.    It just is what it is.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, HuDawg said:

Its not scamming..      Again. you keep twisting things around.

I don't consider it wrong.. nor do i consider it cheating.    It just is what it is.

 

Response[edit]

Developers may find it difficult to identify and respond to an exploit because a player who discovers a vulnerability in a game may be reluctant to inform the game's developers, in order to continue exploiting. However once developers do find exploits the response may include banning players who took advantage of the exploit, changing the game's rules to combat it, or even embracing the exploit. Positive opinion of the exploit can lead to the designers embracing it as emergent gameplay, such as when skiing in the Tribes series of games gained developer support. The now-standard practice of rocket jumping originated in a similar way, by exploiting game mechanics not foreseen by the developers. Otherwise the developers may try to fix the underlying problem or discourage use of the exploit if the issue cannot be clearly addressed by technical means. In severe cases players may be banned. Further, the game state of the world may need to be reset to restore game balance. For example, following a serious currency dupe exploit in EverQuest II, the developers removed large amounts of duped money from the game to address the rampant inflation it caused in the game's virtual economy.

I did a google search about cheating in video games.  It lead me to this in wikipedia, under the Response to cheating.  Now you once again don't believe that just logging in and out to scam some free loot as cheating, but if they choose to they can consider it cheating.  Cause seriously, logging in and out repeatedly is not what they intended in the game.  Like I said, they may not care, but there was cheats or exploits used in GTA Online that got players banned.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, YodaMan 3D said:

Response[edit]

Developers may find it difficult to identify and respond to an exploit because a player who discovers a vulnerability in a game may be reluctant to inform the game's developers, in order to continue exploiting. However once developers do find exploits the response may include banning players who took advantage of the exploit, changing the game's rules to combat it, or even embracing the exploit. Positive opinion of the exploit can lead to the designers embracing it as emergent gameplay, such as when skiing in the Tribes series of games gained developer support. The now-standard practice of rocket jumping originated in a similar way, by exploiting game mechanics not foreseen by the developers. Otherwise the developers may try to fix the underlying problem or discourage use of the exploit if the issue cannot be clearly addressed by technical means. In severe cases players may be banned. Further, the game state of the world may need to be reset to restore game balance. For example, following a serious currency dupe exploit in EverQuest II, the developers removed large amounts of duped money from the game to address the rampant inflation it caused in the game's virtual economy.

I did a google search about cheating in video games.  It lead me to this in wikipedia, under the Response to cheating.  Now you once again don't believe that just logging in and out to scam some free loot as cheating, but if they choose to they can consider it cheating.  Cause seriously, logging in and out repeatedly is not what they intended in the game.  Like I said, they may not care, but there was cheats or exploits used in GTA Online that got players banned.  

...Joining a new game is not cheating.  Picking up in games items is not cheating.   Its not even considered an exploit.

You're digging to deep into this..  

 

 

 

 


 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

...Joining a new game is not cheating.  Picking up in games items is not cheating.   Its not even considered an exploit.

You're digging to deep into this..  

 

 

 

 


 

 

It is when you are changing from one game to another, just for that reason.  You are not playing the game as intended no matter how many times you tell yourself it's Okay.  Rockstar didn't design it hoping players would login and out over and over.  They designed for players to play, not abuse an exploit.  You are just making excuses.  I hate to tell you, you can't convince me it's Okay.  It isn't.   If you get banned, it's on you.  Then again maybe they will have other issues and decide not to worry about it.  

I heard they maybe resetting characters if the exploit abuse continues, not just this one.  So does that sound right that they are Okay with it if they have threatened to reset characters?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, YodaMan 3D said:

It is when you are changing from one game to another, just for that reason.  You are not playing the game as intended no matter how many times you tell yourself it's Okay. 

Joining a new game is not cheating.  Im not even logging out.    I don't have to tell myself its ok.  It simply isn't cheating no matter how you slice it .

10 minutes ago, YodaMan 3D said:

 I hate to tell you, you can't convince me it's Okay.  It isn't.   If you get banned, it's on you. 

Don't really care if I can convince your or not.      If anything, you're kind of acting like this.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 9 months later...
1 hour ago, Born Homicidal said:

considering rockstar is making the game all about money rather than earning things in an immersive way. Especially with the only viable way to make gold/money is stranger missions (dont like showdowns) i'm going to necro this thread in hopes it lives once more.

I can’t say how it will pan out yet, but it seems to me with the coming update they’ll be adding plenty of immersive way to make money and earn things... on top of the ways that already exist suck as hunting, fishing, stranger missions etc...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, The_Liquor said:

I can’t say how it will pan out yet, but it seems to me with the coming update they’ll be adding plenty of immersive way to make money and earn things... on top of the ways that already exist suck as hunting, fishing, stranger missions etc...

....and for some that simply won't be enough or what they are looking for.  There are even those I believe who will never be happy with the direction this game is going until certain aspects are changed or certain things added / removed, and that's fine.  I just don't see it that way myself otherwise I would have left long ago.  

I'm excited for the new features and curious to experience the new changes in gameplay mechanics, etc.  I think there's plenty there in this new update to keep me busy for a while and plenty more to come.  

As for necro-bumping this thread....

There are rules here against sharing information about hacks and such but exploits can be grey area IMO.  I say "grey area" because I know some (for example) use exploits to force themselves into a session by themselves simply because they don't like the PvP element of Free Roam, etc.  I even do that myself in GTAO with the MTU trick.  ....so not necessarily sharing information to help people gain an edge over others in the game, etc.  

Luckily, this original discussion didn't go that direction so it was essentially a non-issue and the reason it was left to play out.

However, I don't think the owner would like to see their site openly used as vehicle to share information on exploits.  As @DylBandit put it to the OP so many months ago, "YouTube and Google would probably give you the best results with that kind of question. "  I think we should stick with that as the proper path for such inquiries.

I believe creating or finding an existing thread on the topic of the best ways to make money in the game would be a more appropriate alternative in this case.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Kean_1 locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...