Incoming improvements to economy

PlatypusErotica

Thanks to everyone who has participated in the Beta so far, we appreciate your help in testing the game! Your feedback from these early days will be instrumental in helping formulate updates to every aspect of the experience. Our current areas of focus include the in-game economy, which will require some additional balancing in order to ensure all activities are appropriately rewarding and fun, as well as some persistent bugs that are causing some players to be kicked from sessions. The game has been developed so that we will be able to quickly make any adjustments like these, and we plan to get updates out as early as the end of this week with more updates to come next week. Feedback from the community has been invaluable, and we will continue to keep you regularly updated as things progress. We hope you continue to play and enjoy the game, and please keep sending your feedback to reddeadonline.com/feedback.

Source: https://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/60726/Red-Dead-Online-Beta-Status-Update

So there is some light at the end of the tunnel. Much like this text, copy / pasting may have been a bad idea! :D

• Like 4

56 minutes ago, HooverRAD said:

I just wanna own a dog, and take it on walks, and feed it, and love it. Is that too much to ask for, R*? 

5 days after beta started for everyone ? Yes.

Edited by Willard
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

New update:

"We appreciate all the continued feedback we are receiving on the Red Dead Online Beta. For players concerned about the potential for progress and stat resets, we currently do not have any plans to reset them as part of the Beta's rollout. We are currently still working on game stability and economy balancing for an update that we hope to release later this week. Please stay tuned for more news to come."

Source: Rockstar's Twitter.

• Like 1

Tbh, my top 10 priority list, in order, for fixes is:

1) Sort game crashing bugs (not that I've these affect me too often)

2) Slightly increase rewards for stranger missions

3) Have some sort of punishment system for free-roam trolls and series rubber-band xp farmers

4) Stop the camp moving around so much and make it more functional

6) Decrease the cost of cosmetic items, like clothes, bedrolls and gun metals

7) Increase number of emotes (or add generic character voices if poss) - especially playing a harmonica/banjo

8 Allow more/full character appearance re-adjustment post creation (even if it costs)

9) Increase transport options (trains, canoes, balloons, paddle steamers)

10) Add minigames

I hope everyone realizes how over inflated the economy already is.

For instance, the Trapdoor sell for $120 in game its 1898. In the 1903 Sear Catalog they sold Trapdoors for $3.

The central banks did not inflate money until after the stock market crash of 1929.  To be precise, 1933 when the US was incorporated.

Everyone knows the only way prices go in MMOs is UP.

On ‎12‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 1:36 AM, DylBandit said:

Red Dead Online is still very new, and it's going to take time to build to everyone's liking. 

This isn't "building to everyone's liking" this is R* showing their hand. And the game being new is a BS excuse, nobody in their right mind could justify the absolute dog sh** economy. The bugs of course are growing pains, but payouts coming in miniscule figures is both insulting and abusive. The increase in payouts needs to dramatic in order for it to even come close to proportionate to the cost of weapons/gear/horses.

People need to start calling R* on their nonsense. They are not infallible.

On ‎12‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 2:55 AM, Poggy said:

Tbh, my top 10 priority list, in order, for fixes is:

1) Sort game crashing bugs (not that I've these affect me too often)

2) Slightly increase rewards for stranger missions

3) Have some sort of punishment system for free-roam trolls and series rubber-band xp farmers

4) Stop the camp moving around so much and make it more functional

6) Decrease the cost of cosmetic items, like clothes, bedrolls and gun metals

7) Increase number of emotes (or add generic character voices if poss) - especially playing a harmonica/banjo

8 Allow more/full character appearance re-adjustment post creation (even if it costs)

9) Increase transport options (trains, canoes, balloons, paddle steamers)

10) Add minigames

"Slightly increase" lololololollololololololol dude, you're a joke.

VASTLY INCREASE. R* created a pay to win game and all of these R*suckers are pretending like everything is cool lol. Be real.

• Sad 1

The increase should make it roughly in line with 'normal' hunting/fishing.  I would consider that slight, but YMMV.  If it helps explain my thinking :)  At the moment the missions are not profitable enough in comparison.

I think the economy needs tweaking and balancing, but I'm not an overhaul, IMHO.

21 minutes ago, Stackcluster said:

My biggest fear is that they allow too much money for said activity then the grind become too easy and all of the sudden every player can get the Carcano in two days...

I agree that would be bad, but it would be worse is players using glitches and get it in one day keep those that don't, to resort to using them just to try to keep up.

Just created a thread about it but the update lands today.  Seems it's all about economy changes.  Weapons will cost less and payuts will be more. Players who purchased weapons previously will be credited.  ....plus, a bonus of 15 gold and $250 for those of us who have played during this period.  :)

RED DEAD ONLINE BETA – WEEK 1 UPDATE

c6da90647707ecaf3a46a3f0fd6da49946d111c7

We want to thank the Red Dead community for playing and sending us tons of valuable feedback during the first full week of the Red Dead Online Beta’s availability. This feedback is crucial to help shape the game as we move forward.

Today we are starting to implement the first set of adjustments to the game including changes specifically geared towards creating a more balanced, fun and rewarding overall experience, across all modes and missions. These include:

• Increasing the cash and gold payments across a number of different activities including Free Roam Missions, Free Roam Events, replays of A Land of Opportunities Missions, Showdown Series modes and more.
  • Reducing the prices of most weapons in the Wheeler, Rawson & Co Catalogue and Gunsmiths. For players that have already purchased weapons at the previous prices, we will automatically deposit the difference to player balances starting today - please look for an alert message the next time you log in to the Red Dead Online Beta to notify you of this change, refunds may take up until December 10th to reach all players.
  • Balancing the values of select pelts, skins and fish as well as horse reviver and pamphlets.

Of course our efforts to improve and balance the Red Dead Online Beta will continue. We are conscious of and still evaluating an assortment of further adjustments based on feedback from the community. We are currently working on fixes for some persistent bugs that are causing some players to be kicked from sessions, and we aim to have fixes for these live next week. We will also continue to review all the feedback and suggestions so please keep them coming to reddeadonline.com/feedback

As an added thank you for playing and helping us through the beta period, we're also awarding everyone that joined in to play the Red Dead Online Beta at any point through midnight PST today with a gift of RDO$250 and 15 Gold Bars. Gifts should start arriving today and will hit all eligible players by Friday, December 14th.

Once again, we want to thank everyone for playing the Red Dead Online Beta and sharing their experiences so far with us. There’s still lots more to come so please stay tuned!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Stackcluster said:

My biggest fear is that they allow too much money for said activity then the grind become too easy and all of the sudden every player can get the Carcano in two days...

What would be the issue with players other than;

1. Those who pay to win having the rifle

2. Those who hsve 12+hours to grind

3. Those who use exploits.

why is it an issue for all players to have access and be on the same playing field?

8 minutes ago, AVGaming said:

What would be the issue with players other than;

1. Those who pay to win having the rifle

2. Those who hsve 12+hours to grind

3. Those who use exploits.

why is it an issue for all players to have access and be on the same playing field?

Why is it some players can't consider themselves good unless they have some insane disadvantage over another player.  All players being on a semi-level playing field is the only way to see how good of a player you really are.  Now days players are constantly looking for P2W, glitches, cheats, hacks, or some other shortcut so they can brag about how great they are to the point that they forget to actually enjoy the game.  That is why a level playing field is important.

Edit:  That doesn't mean a 1st day player should come in with with all of the advantages as a 1 year player.   Then again a player thats been around for a year shouldn't be looking to grief a 1st day player, for the sake of "fun"

Edited by YodaMan 3D

1 hour ago, YodaMan 3D said:

Why is it some players can't consider themselves good unless they have some insane disadvantage over another player.  All players being on a semi-level playing field is the only way to see how good of a player you really are.  Now days players are constantly looking for P2W, glitches, cheats, hacks, or some other shortcut so they can brag about how great they are to the point that they forget to actually enjoy the game.  That is why a level playing field is important.

Edit:  That doesn't mean a 1st day player should come in with with all of the advantages as a 1 year player.   Then again a player thats been around for a year shouldn't be looking to grief a 1st day player, for the sake of "fun"

My point is that others players should have access to the same in game tools that other players do. So, him saying he doesn't want everyone running around with a carcano rifle leads me to believe he doesn't want OTHER players running around with a carcano rifle, but he can. Furthermore, your analogy about a year one player or day one player is completely irrelevant and does not apply to this situation whatsoever because the entire point of concern was focused around access, not experience nor skill.

I think we agree, but i dislike that people think only "some" should have access to weapons/tools/in game advantages while others sit helplessly at their mercy.

3 hours ago, Kean_1 said:

...and FYI, if anyone hasn't played RDO yet, if you logon before midnight tonight you will still get the free gold and in-game cash bonus (15 gold & $250).

I started playing a few days ago just to make sure I got this. I wasn't sure when they were going to pull the plug on it. I like free stuff!

3 minutes ago, Saltyballs said:

Does anyone know if the updates have already been applied? I just did a story mission and got close to $20, I did almost kill every enemy myself though so I'm curious as to whether or not the boost was due to my high number of kills. 

Sounds like they may have applied it already, I've had a couple missions where I killed everyone simply because the other players were away, or just running around doing stupid sh*t and not PTFO.  The most I've gotten before today was about $10 for a mission. But damn, to $20, wasn't expecting it to go up that much... guessing they didn't lower weapon prices too much then. 

Guessing the horse reviver and pamphlet prices went down, because $350 or $450 (forget which) for small game arrow pamphlet seemed steep, and that's one of the cheaper ones.  Wondering which pelts and fish got adjusted and how.