Why would you or do you lower the camp flag??

Major Dammidge

Question

Lowering the flag means I'm vulnerable, others unwelcome. If I'm vulnerable, I'm wanting protection...(dragging alligator carcasses and stacking them around my posse's camp, perhaps? --and wouldn't it be fun to lower the flag and annihilate some griefer?)  Wouldn't it be cool if  you're red dot did not appear on the map when you are encamped.  AMBUSH!! [I love my posse site: I can hunt birds and wild boar from the campfire!!!]

• Like 1

28 answers to this question

3 hours ago, Major Dammidge said:

Lowering the flag means I'm vulnerable, others unwelcome. If I'm vulnerable, I'm wanting protection...(dragging alligator carcasses and stacking them around my posse's camp, perhaps? --and wouldn't it be fun to lower the flag and annihilate some griefer?)  Wouldn't it be cool if  you're red dot did not appear on the map when you are encamped.  AMBUSH!! [I love my posse site: I can hunt birds and wild boar from the campfire!!!]

Have never tried lowering my flag at camp. You might be on to something here !! I like the idea of being able to grief a griever on occasion ! Lol ima try this. 

• Like 1

Only reason to lower your flag is to invite PvP players that chance at PvP.  AKA, probably why you won't ever get attacked in camp.  :)

Seriously though, when players say they got attacked in their camp.  1st thing I think of is whether or not their flag was raised or not.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, YodaMan 3D said:

Seriously though, when players say they got attacked in their camp.  1st thing I think of is whether or not their flag was raised or not.

I was resting by my campfire when some Bum-of-a-Stitch LASSOED ME, dragged me, and then was bouncing up and down on me. As soon as I cut loose I'm lassoed again and this process repeated five or six times until finally I hit the DIE button. I reported the player as a griefer. I was so angry I didn't have the presence of mind to take a recording of it to share here

Edited by Major Dammidge
grammar spelling

17 minutes ago, Major Dammidge said:

I was resting by my campfire when some Bum-of-a-Stitch LASSOED ME, dragged me, and then was bouncing up and down on me. As soon as I cut loose I'm lassoed again and this process repeated five or six times until finally I hit the DIE button. I reported the player as a griefer. I was so angry I didn't have the presence of mind to take a recording of it to share here

.....so, was your white flag raised or not?  ;)

@DiamondDave when you lower the flag you become a sitting duck. Somebody can walk into your camp and blow you away. With my flag up some a-hole lassoed me and dragged me out until. Show safety in camp is not an absolute.

If I was rockstar's king for a day, I would make the blip disappear when the owner is in his camp, flag-up. 

That sucks.  Given that R* have implemented a mechanism to stop us being shot when the flag's up, why the hell do they allow us to be targeted with a lasso?

BTW, Major Dammidge, I think I happened across you the other night online - but didn't realise it was you - your gamertag caught the eye, and there can't be 2 WehTuFats in the world.  It's interesting, because I assumed that I was only playing on UK/European servers, but I think you are US.  Maybe because I was up and playing at 2.30am GMT there wasn't any action on this side of the Atlantic...

@Harlock1796 I'm a night owl and play at very weird hours Central Time, Mississippi Coast. You may or may not have read my main character was hopelessly glitched and so for fun and giggles I picked a silly name from my college days (late 70s) and made the character 😳 female. I'm sure that makes some people a little uncomfy when they ask me if I'm a woman and I say no, but my typical reply isto regard this as I'm working undercover 🙄 give me a shout or join The Grey Hares

20190110_033411.jpg.0f3a54122bd5dfd7e114db6ed53ea39a.jpgGang anytime if Xbox is your platform

@Kean_1 the reason I didn't report it as a glitches because I know that you can't run into your camp for safety if you are on a mission or in a fight with someone. They can certainly be active inside your camp. I didn't catch the gamertag but he certainly figured out a new way to be an annoying griefer lol. 

Edited by Major Dammidge
Addional comment

19 hours ago, Born Homicidal said:

Idk what the point is exactly but my Posse always has the flag down, and someone stays on lookout as we rotate

I got lassoed and dragged in my own camp. The guy grabbed my 3 * alligator skin and ran off. I did not think quickly enough to lower the flag and give him a good case of lead head

16 hours ago, Netnow66 said:

Speaking of flags, lowered or not, a friend sent me this link after he saw it on another forum board. Looks legit to me.

Rockstar, some of us want PvE servers.

I'm sorry my friend i don't see the game ever having PvE servers implemented as its a PvPvE game unless they add private lobbies or solo lobbies.

As far as the Camp flag thing works it seems it only work within the radius of it (the annoying speed trap area), otherwise anyone can attack you from a far. Not sure if its a rare Bug or its like that by default. I killed someone in their camp as they attacked us (a posse of 3) I figured it was just because he was Hostile but guess not

17 hours ago, Netnow66 said:

Speaking of flags, lowered or not, a friend sent me this link after he saw it on another forum board. Looks legit to me.

Rockstar, some of us want PvE servers.

I hope he reported the incident and sent this to R* Support.  

5 hours ago, Born Homicidal said:

I'm sorry my friend i don't see the game ever having PvE servers implemented as its a PvPvE game unless they add private lobbies or solo lobbies.

We don't know for sure where Rockstar is going with the game yet but, If no PvE servers, as long as Rockstar achieves what they said in their own promotional material for the game--"a fun and fair environment for everyone" while giving gamers the ability to "Explore the world solo or with friends"--I'd be happy with that. 

But I'd still prefer the PvE servers.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Netnow66 said:

We don't know for sure where Rockstar is going with the game yet but, If no PvE servers, as long as Rockstar achieves what they said in their own promotional material for the game--"a fun and fair environment for everyone" while giving gamers the ability to "Explore the world solo or with friends"--I'd be happy with that. 

But I'd still prefer the PvE servers.

As of right now, rumors are they will use similar plans as used with GTAO.  They seem to feel that dealt the worst of the griefing.  Yet then they added tools to improve griefing, so take it with a grain of salt.  

4 hours ago, YodaMan 3D said:

As of right now, rumors are they will use similar plans as used with GTAO.  They seem to feel that dealt the worst of the griefing.  Yet then they added tools to improve griefing, so take it with a grain of salt.  

R* was open about how they were going to use some of the architecture from GTAO (I think they would be stupid not to), but they also want RDO to be a more unique experience to set itself apart from the GTA game world.  Just the fact that they have acknowledged and will be implementing anti-griefing solutions tells me they are committed to a more balanced sense of gameplay in RDO than GTAO in that regard.  

Rumors are rumors but to me, actions are what really matter.  As for whether these changes help or hinder is another story.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Kean_1 said:

R* was open about how they were going to use some of the architecture from GTAO (I think they would be stupid not to), but they also want RDO to be a more unique experience to set itself apart from the GTA game world.  Just the fact that they have acknowledged and will be implementing anti-griefing solutions tells me they are committed to a more balanced sense of gameplay in RDO than GTAO in that regard.  

Rumors are rumors but to me, actions are what really matter.  As for whether these changes help or hinder is another story.

That is exactly how I feel.  Waiting for their actions, which seems to be slow process. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Kean_1 said:

Certainly slower than I thought it would be.

It's only been 9 years since they started on this project.  Don't rush them now.  ;)  I know a big part of that time was just putting ideas to paper, but one would have thought they would have had more done then they did.  Considering that they had to release the game a year later then planned.