I Think People Are Unfairly Comparing New RDRO To Old GTAO.

KylesDad7

I read and hear all these complaints about lack of content, payout, etc from RDRO. I can agree with this to a point, but where most people lose me is when they compare it to GTAO. GTAO has been out for 5 years. You can't fairly compare the two games. I think people have lost their memories of when GTAO first launched. While I agree, there were more missions when it first launched than are available in RDRO, it's not like they were overflowing. Also, lets not forget the payouts those missions had. They were just as bad as RDRO's before the economy patch. Hell, I couldn't tell you how many days were spent running nothing but Violent Ducts over and over and over and over and over because it was the only decent paying mission. As for content, lets not forget, it took 1.5 YEARS to get Heists added into GTAO. Heists were a talking point of R*'s from the beginning. 

I think people need to slow their roll and attention spans a bit for RDRO. 

Of course, I also think R* could be a little more forthcoming in both content area, as well as the information area.

Just my 2 cents. That I got off that NPC I just shot in the face.

• Like 2

You can't compare the two for the simple fact that RDRO is NOT a complete game. I see and hear it all the time. People are saying GTAO is "way better" but they are not giving the devs a chance to even finish the game. They opened it up rather than making us wait another 4 to 6 months. I think that was rather generous on their part.

• Like 1

In that sense yes, I agree.  The comparisons can be unfair given that RDO is still in beta and under development.    

Personally, I prefer to wait and see rather than come to any hard conclusions about the game in this early state.  ....but that just me.

14 hours ago, KylesDad7 said:

I read and hear all these complaints about lack of content, payout, etc from RDRO. I can agree with this to a point, but where most people lose me is when they compare it to GTAO. GTAO has been out for 5 years. You can't fairly compare the two games. I think people have lost their memories of when GTAO first launched. While I agree, there were more missions when it first launched than are available in RDRO, it's not like they were overflowing. Also, lets not forget the payouts those missions had. They were just as bad as RDRO's before the economy patch. Hell, I couldn't tell you how many days were spent running nothing but Violent Ducts over and over and over and over and over because it was the only decent paying mission. As for content, lets not forget, it took 1.5 YEARS to get Heists added into GTAO. Heists were a talking point of R*'s from the beginning. 

The biggest problem with the BETA is the the only real update we have got so far is when they added GOLD bars for sale.   Which to me ends the Beta.

All the while, There's no private lobbies or free aim lobbies.  We can't choose to play co-op missions in private games and we can't choose what pvp modes we want to play.

For example.. I want to play Team Shootouts and I HATE Make it Count.  This is something a lot of people take issue with.  A ONE life pvp game mode with auto aim, with 10 min time limit.  So if you die in the 1st two mins.. You have to wait for 8 mins.    Compared to Team Shoot Out.. that's only 5 mins long.

GTA O may have made players wait 1.5 years for heists.  But the game at least had basic options.    

People will compare RDO with GTA simply because it the basics and the feel of the game are very similar. All the people here on the forum stating to be patient and in a sense defending the slow pace or lack of content adding by Rockstar need to realise that :

1. RDO is a completely different setting with less options to expand the game compared to GTA .

2. RDO is currently having a lot of GTA players playing it due to loyalty/ being the new Rockstar title

I can understand people on forums for a specific game being more loyal and patient with the development of the online part, but please consider the fact that most of the player's attention spans will quickly shift to other games especially for a game like RDO which operates in a set timeframe with limited options (for Rockstar to add things they can make money on). This means that Rockstar really needs to startt acting faster as a) loyalty and attention of players will shift pretty quickly back to other more complete games or even back to GTA and B) March and April will bring a lot of games that will shift the current playerbase to other games like Anthem / TD2 / Days Gone and more. Other titles like e.g. BFV is developing more quickly to a better game as well at the moment.

You shouldn't underestimate this shift of players. Naturally fans of RDO will keep playing and yes you will have a recurring group of players returning to RDO at updates and so on, but what made GTA online such a succes is the mass appeal of the game. With the RDO setting and new titles coming and a large proportion of the playerbase already cringing for new content and "beta fixes" I do not feel as Rockstar has the time it had with GTA to get the game right and to be able to earn a good amount on the online part as they did with GTA.

It is another thing entirely that Rockstar has not really improved the gamestate in the 2 months at all - for which a beta period is used. A lot of bugs and errors they are very aware of have not been dealt with. I have never played a beta wherein I have seen as little improvements to basics as this......

16 hours ago, KylesDad7 said:

Of course, I also think R* could be a little more forthcoming in both content area, as well as the information area.

Agreed. Now, in six months if we're in the same boat (which I doubt) I'll be the first to light the torches and wave the forks.

Not gonna lie, I'm a little jealous of your 2 cents. I only got strawpenny.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Euphoric77 said:

It is another thing entirely that Rockstar has not really improved the gamestate in the 2 months at all - for which a beta period is used. A lot of bugs and errors they are very aware of have not been dealt with. I have never played a beta wherein I have seen as little improvements to basics as this......

They could at least make announcement of whether or not they are going to add private sessions. You can’t tell me that there hasn’t been any interest.

17 minutes ago, Ragee503 said:

They could at least make announcement of whether or not they are going to add private sessions. You can’t tell me that there hasn’t been any interest.

Its already in the game.   R* just won't allow us to use it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ragee503 said:

The only information I have heard that might indicate the introduction of invite-only sessions down the road was what was uncovered by data miners back in October last year from the companion app:

_ZN11uiBootstrap27InitializeForRockstarEditorEv
PARAM_netScPrivateSession    0000000002B9A950
PARAM_netScSeamlessPvE    0000000002BEA8AC

Beyond that (and even with that), it's all speculation unless I've missed some other official news.  

4 minutes ago, Kean_1 said:

The only information I have heard that might indicate the introduction of invite-only sessions down the road was what was uncovered by data miners back in October last year from the companion app:

Beyond that (and even with that), it's all speculation unless I've missed some other official news.  

That is my understanding also that’s why it would be nice to hear r* to say it.

3 minutes ago, Ragee503 said:

That is my understanding also that’s why it would be nice to hear r* to say it.

Yeah.....   Basically, the only official news we so far have is what they've released in their Newswire.  ....although that info from what was mined from the app seems to have merit.  

Pure assumption on my part but I'll wager the private session options will come later in the beta or perhaps final release.  In the meantime, it makes sense to me that they would continue to keep everyone Free Roam for simplicity and while they still test the stability of sessions, etc. There is obviously still problems in that regard in RDO.  ......and if they were planning to include invite-only options sooner rather than later, I would guess it would have been part of the "coming soon" list they just published recently but who knows.

On 1/18/2019 at 6:04 PM, KylesDad7 said:

They seem to be using the same model on things on how they handle somethings.  To me their are plenty of similarities, but to say exactly the same?  Time will tell, but don't be too harsh on those who are seeing some of these things.  They have seen it before, when and where Rockstar separates the two is still to be seen.  According to a article, Rockstar wants separation or at least state as much.  Will they? 

17 hours ago, HuDawg said:

The biggest problem with the BETA is the the only real update we have got so far is when they added GOLD bars for sale.   Which to me ends the Beta.

^ This !!

Stop letting R* off the hook with this Beta crap. Beta testing is performed on a completed project to test its performance, RDRO is far from completed, It was released unfinished to appease investors. RDRO is much closer to the cash grab that GTAO became than the GTAO that released.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Euphoric77 said:

People will compare RDO with GTA simply because it the basics and the feel of the game are very similar. All the people here on the forum stating to be patient and in a sense defending the slow pace or lack of content adding by Rockstar need to realise that :

1. RDO is a completely different setting with less options to expand the game compared to GTA .

2. RDO is currently having a lot of GTA players playing it due to loyalty/ being the new Rockstar title

I can understand people on forums for a specific game being more loyal and patient with the development of the online part, but please consider the fact that most of the player's attention spans will quickly shift to other games especially for a game like RDO which operates in a set timeframe with limited options (for Rockstar to add things they can make money on). This means that Rockstar really needs to startt acting faster as a) loyalty and attention of players will shift pretty quickly back to other more complete games or even back to GTA and B) March and April will bring a lot of games that will shift the current playerbase to other games like Anthem / TD2 / Days Gone and more. Other titles like e.g. BFV is developing more quickly to a better game as well at the moment.

You shouldn't underestimate this shift of players. Naturally fans of RDO will keep playing and yes you will have a recurring group of players returning to RDO at updates and so on, but what made GTA online such a succes is the mass appeal of the game. With the RDO setting and new titles coming and a large proportion of the playerbase already cringing for new content and "beta fixes" I do not feel as Rockstar has the time it had with GTA to get the game right and to be able to earn a good amount on the online part as they did with GTA.

I think Anthem blows rdrO off its socks. I'm waiting for it,when its out i put rdr2 under a rock next to gtav.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, BropolloCreed79 said:

I think that's true for a LOT of content/modes at the moment.

Well at the moment there isn't.   But R* has picked up some nasty habbits from GTA O.

At some point.. (Can't remember when).   R* started to drip feed their content in GTA O in updates.   Even tho their updates have all the content in game. 

Like the new Arena Wars update.  Everything is in the update, it just locked so they can drip feed it.

IMO R* isn't update RDO at the moment, so that players will jump onto GTA O and hopefully buy some cash cards.   Im willing to bet right now, the next RD O will happen after shortly after last drip fed vehicle added to GTA O in the Arena Wars up date.  Which is the RC car.

When R* adds its next update..  They will no doubt drip feed some content.  I bet R* does have a lot of content ready for RD O.   They are just going to drip feed it all for the sake of drip feeding it.    Then slow the updates when GTA O gets another update.

Edited by HuDawg
  • Thanks 1