What sort of changes do you hope for?

Question

I know I'd like to see some changes made to the avoiding/diving.

Nothing more frustrating than players diving all over the place like an epileptic dolphin half a dozen times then popping off a headshot before doing it all over again!

Maybe it should expend half the stamina bar each dive and then half the accuracy for a short time which would be a little more realistic?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

25 answers to this question

3 hours ago, Captmarsh said:

Nothing more frustrating than players diving all over the place like an epileptic dolphin half a dozen times then popping off a headshot before doing it all over again!

Maybe it should expend half the stamina bar each dive and then half the accuracy for a short time which would be a little more realistic?

I hate the fact that this feature is always prominent in the latest rockstar games (GTA Online you could barrel-roll then aim and shoot with no accuracy loss).

Although I would love to see more features come to Online, sooner. Right now it's just a constant grind of either missions, events or some form of hunting to go towards unlocking cosmetics, guns and horses only. If you think about it, there could be so much more that online offers that already exist in the game;

• Selling/buying ranches/homes or cottages. (Farming and managing/trading livestock) 
  • Trading of horses.
  • Buying/selling/trading of wagons and coaches. 
  • A bounty system to deter griefing (the more you kill players who haven't shot at you or shown any aggression towards you the higher your bounty and it stays with you regardless of lobby refresh, just an idea).
  • Private lobbies which we can invite friends and other players to hunt and just mess around free of worries.
  • Free-aim lobbies. 
  • Flesh out the online story mission more maybe with appearances from more side characters from the Van Der Linde gang (e.g. Lenny handing out bank robbery missions, Pearson sending you for herb (other food items) gathering missions or Javier giving you train robbing missions, etc).
  • More ways to interact with the train. 
  • An OFFICIAL FIGHT CLUB (this is my dream for online) where clubs can be formed with daily/weekly/monthly leaderboards and events to compete with other clubs, bets can be made, griefers can't ruin it and different locations/setting each time.
  • Ability to sell or trades guns that you don't want anymore (the ability to remove any gun from weapon wheel and store in some sort of gun locker in your camp).
  • PLEASE PLEASE more saved outfit slots (upgrading horse satchels giving ability to store more saved outfits).
  • The ability to be a Hired gun. When activated, players in lobbies are able to see a list of available Hired guns and based on your stats/experience/honour can hire you for protection by an hourly/minute rate if they require only temporary protection without wanting to invite to posse.
  • More horse breeds with more choices of coats to buy and more mane/tail styles. To be able to trade and actually sell horses, not just discard them)
  • PASSIVE MODE and maybe a Passive Hunter mode to be able to only use the bow and other hunting weapons but not able to lock onto players and npc's, only animals.

It should be noted that some of these features could already be planned for release soon, who knows. Let me know if I've missed any more ideas (which i'm sure there's plenty more).

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
8 hours ago, Captmarsh said:

Ahhhh I have the perfect ammo for that nonsense EXPLOSIVE EXPRESS ROUNDS! Had a griefer who attacked me yesterday. Thanks to my "never without one" tier 3 ability card the head shot just blew my hat off. I spun round BLAM!  Roared my bolt action rifle, one shot, griefer dead. Griefer tried again, this time diving around like a professional soccer player trying to milk a penalty. BOOM! Roared my bolt action once more. Griefer dead. Then I chased this idiot and laughed watching him diving this way and that before I killed him again.   

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
On 1/20/2019 at 8:03 PM, ItsTreesAndDen said:

I hate the fact that this feature is always prominent in the latest rockstar games (GTA Online you could barrel-roll then aim and shoot with no accuracy loss).

Although I would love to see more features come to Online, sooner. Right now it's just a constant grind of either missions, events or some form of hunting to go towards unlocking cosmetics, guns and horses only. If you think about it, there could be so much more that online offers that already exist in the game;

• Selling/buying ranches/homes or cottages. (Farming and managing/trading livestock) 
  • Trading of horses.
  • Buying/selling/trading of wagons and coaches. 
  • A bounty system to deter griefing (the more you kill players who haven't shot at you or shown any aggression towards you the higher your bounty and it stays with you regardless of lobby refresh, just an idea).
  • Private lobbies which we can invite friends and other players to hunt and just mess around free of worries.
  • Free-aim lobbies. 
  • Flesh out the online story mission more maybe with appearances from more side characters from the Van Der Linde gang (e.g. Lenny handing out bank robbery missions, Pearson sending you for herb (other food items) gathering missions or Javier giving you train robbing missions, etc).
  • More ways to interact with the train. 
  • An OFFICIAL FIGHT CLUB (this is my dream for online) where clubs can be formed with daily/weekly/monthly leaderboards and events to compete with other clubs, bets can be made, griefers can't ruin it and different locations/setting each time.
  • Ability to sell or trades guns that you don't want anymore (the ability to remove any gun from weapon wheel and store in some sort of gun locker in your camp).
  • PLEASE PLEASE more saved outfit slots (upgrading horse satchels giving ability to store more saved outfits).
  • The ability to be a Hired gun. When activated, players in lobbies are able to see a list of available Hired guns and based on your stats/experience/honour can hire you for protection by an hourly/minute rate if they require only temporary protection without wanting to invite to posse.
  • More horse breeds with more choices of coats to buy and more mane/tail styles. To be able to trade and actually sell horses, not just discard them)
  • PASSIVE MODE and maybe a Passive Hunter mode to be able to only use the bow and other hunting weapons but not able to lock onto players and npc's, only animals.

It should be noted that some of these features could already be planned for release soon, who knows. Let me know if I've missed any more ideas (which i'm sure there's plenty more).

Love all of these ! A couple I have would be catching wild horses and a place to keep them. Outfits from animals like in story mode. Hidden caves , ability to pan for gold , ghost riders that come for grieves , biggest fish and animal stats that can be chased and posted to a leader board. And last but not least many more missions and guns ! Lol

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
7 hours ago, Chris Arbaugh said:

Love all of these ! A couple I have would be catching wild horses and a place to keep them. Outfits from animals like in story mode. Hidden caves , ability to pan for gold , ghost riders that come for grieves , biggest fish and animal stats that can be chased and posted to a leader board. And last but not least many more missions and guns ! Lol

Panning for gold - top idea 👌

• Thanks 1

My main request, the one that I append to every suggestion that I send to Rockstar, is that we get PvE servers. A few minutes ago, I spawned into Amarillo (I believe) after a quick roam mission and immediately squatted down to go into another. Even though I was squatting down, BANG!!! headshot with varmint rifle by some guy on a rooftop. I reported him in game and blocked him on PSN.

Yup, the one change that I hope for is PvE servers. For me, everything else takes a backseat to that as far as changes go. 

On 1/21/2019 at 5:59 AM, dredd1961 said:

Ahhhh I have the perfect ammo for that nonsense EXPLOSIVE EXPRESS ROUNDS! Had a griefer who attacked me yesterday. Thanks to my "never without one" tier 3 ability card the head shot just blew my hat off. I spun round BLAM!  Roared my bolt action rifle, one shot, griefer dead. Griefer tried again, this time diving around like a professional soccer player trying to milk a penalty. BOOM! Roared my bolt action once more. Griefer dead. Then I chased this idiot and laughed watching him diving this way and that before I killed him again.   

How do you get that then..sounds right up my street!!

On 1/22/2019 at 8:00 PM, Captmarsh said:

Panning for gold - top idea 👌

Agree that would be great.  Send it to R*, link in Kean_1's post above.  Like most of the suggestions above, except the diving about bit really.  Its the same for everyone and if you've got decent cards (SnS l3) you can shoot them 2or 3 times while theyre poncing about.  I want explosive ammo though!

On 1/28/2019 at 3:38 PM, Redstaski said:

Simple. I want to be able to have a campsite that doesn't move around at random. I want to be able to choose the area of my campsite sapwns.

Yeah, silly that.  You can move it for only $2, but it annoying that it always spawns at the opposite end of the map.  I guess its because there are only a set number of spawn sites.

On 1/28/2019 at 6:42 AM, Netnow66 said:

My main request, the one that I append to every suggestion that I send to Rockstar, is that we get PvE servers. A few minutes ago, I spawned into Amarillo (I believe) after a quick roam mission and immediately squatted down to go into another. Even though I was squatting down, BANG!!! headshot with varmint rifle by some guy on a rooftop. I reported him in game and blocked him on PSN.

Yup, the one change that I hope for is PvE servers. For me, everything else takes a backseat to that as far as changes go. 

Yeah, that is annoying.  I just don't see the fun.  There must be a way to stop it, immunity for x seconds e.g.  Not spawning into a town? I dunno, its just annoying as you lose half your life and dead eye cores. If you dont have stuff on you you are really vulnerable, especially if its a posse.  

I just want the option to play with others in a less competitive environment. I know others have mentioned it, but PVE server would be much appreciated it. Let us fight the environment together. I am not always in the mood for PVP.

On 1/20/2019 at 1:11 PM, Captmarsh said:

This is an auto aim issue, I think diving is fine.  RDR1 Online launched with Hardcore(free aim) / Normal lobbies. I only play with people on free aim and I cant respect an auto aim griefer.. Taking off auto aim gives you the ultimate bragging rights right now. But dont be surprised if you get headshotted while diving or instantly popped after their dive. Even worse when its a varmint rifle. They need to make Varmint take 2 headshots to kill a player. 

On 1/27/2019 at 10:42 PM, Netnow66 said:

Sorry you got spawn killed. Most likely another Varmint Rifle / auto aim issue. Varmint needs to be nerfed to 2 headshots for a kill. Lobbies need to be split.

Imagine a world where griefers actually get punished and the un-skilled dont survive. Its called a free aim lobby and it increases immersion and even roleplaying possibilities. Players who cant handle themselves in a fight wont pick them as often. 

• Like 1
On 1/31/2019 at 10:53 AM, Tenti said:

How do you get that then..sounds right up my street!!

Reaching rank 90 allows you to purchase the Explosive Express rounds pamphlet. But they are expensive. $1000 or 40 gold. 

Edited by dredd1961
On 1/29/2019 at 4:38 AM, Redstaski said:

Simple. I want to be able to have a campsite that doesn't move around at random. I want to be able to choose the area of my campsite sapwns.

YES! Being able to choose your own location and your camp staying there until you decide differently is what I would like to see as well. 

That camp thing is frustrating. It'd be nice to have a stable base you could tart up, even if it moved a few miles every now and then depending on server and map requirements. But this random shifting is crap.
Cripes, Mr. Cripps.
You gettin the sack
Cos you is the pits.
One thing I'd like them to improve is storing things on your horse. Cantering from stranger mission to stranger mission and shooting everything on sight, the way it's set up makes storing pelts pointless.

- Trapper in Red Dead Online that works just as it does in singleplayer

- Add the LeMatt Revolver and a poncho

- Reintroduce PVE Servers/Friendly Freeroams and remove all god mode from normal servers

- Fix or remove all the overpowered tryhard Ability Cards, Never Without One, Slow And Steady etc

• Like 1
On 1/20/2019 at 1:11 PM, Captmarsh said:

It just needs to use more stamina and we need free-aim hardcore lobbies. 

On 1/20/2019 at 4:11 PM, Captmarsh said:

Nothing more frustrating than players diving all over the place like an epileptic dolphin

The visual in my head right now...

I suppose the easiest fix for this would be to have aim be impacted for a set period of time after diving, so people couldn't dive and pop a shot.

9 minutes ago, Shawn Robinson said:

For Rockstar to get off their collective asses and fix onlin. Just got the game and started vacation. They should be ashamed of themselves. Wait for the updates to roll out? No, and I won’t be returning:/

Hmmmmmm......   Ok.  

Don't know if I should welcome you to the forums or wish you goodbye.

EDIT: Disregard, you just made up my mind with that last response (removed).  We don't need that kind of disrespectful attitude here so no loss.