Pocket Watch?

Steven Kreg

IIRC, the time is already displayed in the option menu regardless but if it isn't I still wouldn't bother buying it as you can pick one up at some point simply by looting bodies.  ......unless the catalogue watch is providing some other unique benefit I'm totally missing.

16 hours ago, Steven Kreg said:

anyone know what the pocket watch at the general store does?

It sits there and waits for someone to buy it. Joking aside, it'd be nice if  they made use of this, like leveled up the watch to give us a stat perk of some sorts. It could take the place of the trinkets from story mode.

I still think to tell the time you should need a watch, otherwise there's no way in those times.  Best means would be judging it from the sun...but that should be up to the player not the game to inform you.  Would add way more realism.  Although I don't check the time, I just make sure I'm back at camp by sunset normally.

On ‎1‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 2:51 AM, Syrens said:

I still think to tell the time you should need a watch, otherwise there's no way in those times.  Best means would be judging it from the sun...but that should be up to the player not the game to inform you.  Would add way more realism.  Although I don't check the time, I just make sure I'm back at camp by sunset normally.

Is there a specific reason you go back to camp by sunset? or is it just your preference?

3 hours ago, Born Homicidal said:

Is there a specific reason you go back to camp by sunset? or is it just your preference?

I try to maintain a reasonably normal sleep pattern if I'm in Arthur, either returning to camp or camping out, although I could do with more sleep cos in the morning I'm always grumpy as fhave you noticed that?

However, I don't bother online because it's such an insomniac, hypomanic, anxiety-driven world sleep doesn't even exist. This makes sense, even though it always seems to be nightime in there...

On 1/26/2019 at 12:58 PM, Born Homicidal said:

Just a personal choice, I go and do my tasks and such during daytime.  And then return by sunset to bed, and switch off the console.  I only play like 45mins - 1 hour sessions.

On 1/26/2019 at 3:42 PM, cory206 said:

I try to maintain a reasonably normal sleep pattern if I'm in Arthur, either returning to camp or camping out, although I could do with more sleep cos in the morning I'm always grumpy as fhave you noticed that?

However, I don't bother online because it's such an insomniac, hypomanic, anxiety-driven world sleep doesn't even exist. This makes sense, even though it always seems to be nightime in there...

Not to mention, that stupid handyman keeps moving my stupid camp to the opposite of the map.  it actually did it twice to me on Friday.  Spawned in by St. Denis and he was over by Tumbleweed.  St. Denis was a very busy place, so I fast traveled to Tumbleweed.  Get there and get a message that the old bastard moved my camp back over to the otherside.  So I fast traveled to the closest town.  Get there and that stupid idiot moved the camp back.   By this point I figured it out.  The reason he does it is because if I catch up to him I am just going to shoot him in his stupid face.

39 minutes ago, YodaMan 3D said:

The reason he does it is because if I catch up to him I am just going to shoot him in his stupid face

Oh if only... a punch even, a slap, a cutting remark or a sly dig, anything. I dislike the complete absence of interaction, it makes for an awful atmosphere at camp, and on the nights he's pitched my tent facing outwards, the mangy old muskrat, just awful. I try whistling but it doesn't help really...

There is a part solution by forming a persistent posse, you get to choose your county, I've tied my camp to Scarlett Meadows, where I generally run around in aimless circles having fun and cackling (with the mic switched off thankfully...). It's called Scarlett's Hen Party but I don't imagine anyone else will ever turn up. It'll be just me and him and a bottle o beer. Cheers bigears...

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, YodaMan 3D said:

Not to mention, that stupid handyman keeps moving my stupid camp to the opposite of the map.  it actually did it twice to me on Friday.  Spawned in by St. Denis and he was over by Tumbleweed.  St. Denis was a very busy place, so I fast traveled to Tumbleweed.  Get there and get a message that the old bastard moved my camp back over to the otherside.  So I fast traveled to the closest town.  Get there and that stupid idiot moved the camp back.   By this point I figured it out.  The reason he does it is because if I catch up to him I am just going to shoot him in his stupid face.

53 minutes ago, cory206 said:

Oh if only... a punch even, a slap, a cutting remark or a sly dig, anything. I dislike the complete absence of interaction, it makes for an awful atmosphere at camp, and on the nights he's pitched my tent facing outwards, the mangy old muskrat, just awful. I try whistling but it doesn't help really...

There is a part solution by forming a persistent posse, you get to choose your county, I've tied my camp to Scarlett Meadows, where I generally run around in aimless circles having fun and cackling (with the mic switched off thankfully...). It's called Scarlett's Hen Party but I don't imagine anyone else will ever turn up. It'll be just me and him and a bottle o beer. Cheers bigears...

There are times when I've wanted to shoot him just so he'd stop playing that damn harmonica. LOL!😉

• Haha 1