UPDATE: 1/25/19

Kean_1

GOLD BONUS, GUN RUSH LOBBY IMPROVEMENTS AND MORE

4af96d7d99b9fe843f8af695c3bc68821b06a85b

Gold Bonus

Thank you to dedicated Red Dead Online Beta players worldwide for your continuing feedback as we work together to refine the game experience. As a token of our gratitude for your support and understanding throughout this Beta period, we are rewarding this weekend’s active players with a bonus of 5 Gold Bars. Play the Red Dead Online Beta between today Friday January 25 and Sunday January 27 to qualify for the bonus, which will be delivered to your account by Tuesday January 29.

Gun Rush Feedback & Matchmaking Improvements

Following the launch of the new Gun Rush mode, we identified a few matchmaking issues, some of which we have addressed with short-term improvements and all of which we are working towards more permanent and proper fixes for in the longer term. The minor improvements should help generate fuller lobbies and we will add more fixes in upcoming title updates. Gun Rush is best experienced with as many competitors as possible, so if you had any issues with smaller lobbies around release, we strongly encourage you to give it another go this weekend as we are already regularly seeing much fuller matches on both PS4 and Xbox One.

For those who haven’t tried it yet, Gun Rush is a tooth and nail, Western style battle-royale fight to the death for up to 32 players that can be played either with Teams or as a Free For All. Players compete in an ever-shrinking battle zone with horses for quick transport (and associated risks). Skirmish for weapons ranging from Mauser Pistols to Repeating Shotguns to Fire Bottles and Dynamite Arrows – as well as for valuable, hard to obtain armor like the headshot-thwarting Ned Kelly Armor to help you survive to the end.

We also updated our official Feedback page to now include dedicated sections for Gun Rush. We of course want to know what you like, don’t like, suggestions for improvements and changes to this and other modes and types of gameplay – so please do keep it coming!

More to Come

Our teams are currently working on lots of fixes, changes and improvements to the game based on player feedback including the quality of life improvements that we detailed in our last status update: Proximity-Based Player Blips, Parley Changes with quicker access to Feuding, Law and Bounty Improvements to discourage griefing while introducing a new Freeroam dynamic between bounty hunters and criminal rogues, plus Daily Challenges with gold nugget rewards and more. We are currently planning to have these and other improvements to the game included in a Title Update scheduled for release in the coming months – we’ll provide more information as we get closer to the date.

https://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/60828/Red-Dead-Online-Beta-Update-Jan-25-2019

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

4 minutes ago, Vaderspupil said:

Well, at least they keep providing  us with free gold, so that's  a plus.

Yeah....   Just not happy seeing that the next TU with the changes I've been waiting are slated to release in the "coming months".

Seems I may actually have to shelve this game at some point and then revisit it later when more content (that I want) begins to arrive.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Kean_1 said:

Yeah....   Just not happy seeing that the next TU with the changes I've been waiting are slated to release in the "coming months".

Seems I may actually have to shelve this game at some point and then revisit it later when more content (that I want) begins to arrive.  

Yeah. They're putting way too much emphasis on gun rush and putting everything else on the back burner.

1 minute ago, Kean_1 said:

Agreed. I'm also not too thrilled that they seem to be focusing more on some gimmick game mode than the actual game. But, like I've said before, I think the are hoping the gunrush mode will occupy griefers and entertain those looking for PVP. That being said, they are probably  fixing that first and then deciding what level of anti griefing measures they will actually need. Time will tell.

I'll probably spend it on finishes for my weapons.

As for their focus, it may actually be that these PvP modes are really popular.  I dunno...  I never play them.  

We also have to remember that title updates have to go through a Sony/MS certification process that can take a month or more.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Vaderspupil said:

I'm one level shy of unlocking that. I'm waiting to see how much it will cost me in dollars.

I was curious of that as well. I can tell you it is like 125 gold to purchase.  Having the ability to fast travel whenever you want, without having to go into a town is priceless.

I've more or less shelved this game for a bit, Steam had a huge sale for some titles I was interested in but never bought this past weekend, so playing those right now.  I'll come back soon enough, just taking a bit of a break while there's nothing new that interests me.

11 minutes ago, madfretter said:

............I might have purchased  fast travel at my camp... I regret nothing.

I haven't reached the necessary rank for it, but have been wondering if you can fast travel TO your camp when you unlock it.  Would make it so it wouldn't matter to me where it's set up.

12 minutes ago, KRooKeD KRoW said:

I've more or less shelved this game for a bit, Steam had a huge sale for some titles I was interested in but never bought this past weekend, so playing those right now.  I'll come back soon enough, just taking a bit of a break while there's nothing new that interests me.

I haven't reached the necessary rank for it, but have been wondering if you can fast travel TO your camp when you unlock it.  Would make it so it wouldn't matter to me where it's set up.

You can fast travel to your camp(from another fast travel location) before you buy it for your camp. It's $15 no matter where you're traveling from.

13 minutes ago, Vaderspupil said:

You can fast travel to your camp(from another fast travel location) before you buy it for your camp. It's $15 no matter where you're traveling from.

Ah cool, don't fast travel too often, usually pretty broke, so didn't see that option.  Tend to pick my next item to buy, and as soon as I get enough, I go buy it.  Keep a large supply of ammo in the camp lockbox/post office since buying it from the matchmaking screen probably makes you lose the extra ammo.

Yea, sounds like it's just a gun rush update, and not even a real one.  Sounds like they made some minor tweaks to it and it's not even something permanent.

1 hour ago, BropolloCreed79 said:

Edit: I pinned and featured this thread, @Kean_1, pretty important stuff, and having it atop the page and flagged may preclude copycat threads.  Hope you don't mind.

Of course not.  .....and thanks.

1 hour ago, Chris Arbaugh said:

Thanks a million @Kean_1  you rock bro ! Whoooooo let's ride boys !

No worries.  It's my pleasure.

I saw it on my Twitter feed and hadn't noticed anyone post it yet so I thought I would.  ....plus, being semi-retired, I'm not doing a whole lot of other important things anyways.  ;)

14 minutes ago, ZombieFeet said:

is it me or did this just amount to Gun Rush...………………….. 😁☺️🙂😐😳😞🤢😪

As for right now?  .....yes.  Seems the other items will require an update they will have to push out to users to be downloaded so those will come with the next TU when that's done and approved by MS / Sony.

13 hours ago, KRooKeD KRoW said:

Keep a large supply of ammo in the camp lockbox/post office since buying it from the matchmaking screen probably makes you lose the extra ammo.

That's where I keep my ammo stock, makes sense, but I laughed when you mentioned buying it from the matchmaking lobby, cos I hate those lobbies, they're so fast! I hate to keep people back so I ready up as quick as I can, I would love more time to check out my opponents/posse, fix my hair, swither over which horse to run, and yes, check my loadout and buy ammo, but it's whizz-bang off ye go! You're also right that if you buy ammo there or from the gunshop you can only buy in bulk, losing the surplus, but from the post-office you just fill up from the boxes.

Btw, on the new update, just tried the Gun Rush solo. Not my cup of tea usually, but why not? Full house of 32ish players, good game, won it and got IIRC $60 and 1000-XP, that's a bit of alright 🙂

What made it better was getting a narky message right in the middle of it accusing me of hiding and telling me to sort it out... I did, I won, and he got a message back! 😄

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sir_LemonPledgE said:

Yeeeaaah I'm out for now... See you guys back in the spring :)

See ya Lemon. 

FYI....  I'll keep posting updates on the PSN Community including patches, etc. so folks in your position as well will still know what's going on. ....in case you want to revisit the game again after a more meaningful update.

Regards, Kean

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Players logging into Red Dead Online over the course of this weekend stand to earn some free gold. This bonus is joined by improvements to Gun Rush matchmaking beyond other bug fixes as Rockstar tweaks the beta for Red Dead Redemption 2's multiplayer mode.

Earning gold, Red Dead Online's premium currency, remains notoriously time-consuming even after Rockstar rebalanced the game's economy following a smaller controversy erupting around prices. This week, players have a chance to earn a small bonus. All players who log into Red Dead Online between the 25th and 27th of January will get a bonus of 5 Gold Bars, delivered to the characters by the 29th.

Gun-Rush-3-800x450.jpg

If you take a look at our economy guide, you'll see that in terms of buying power 5 bars don't amount to too much. However, since it takes about 2 hours to grind out one gold bar, this little bonus saves you 10 hours of grinding, which makes it look a whole lot more enticing. You only need to log in, after all.

Additionally, changes based on player feedback have been implemented in the matchmaking system of Gun Rush. Gun Rush was the first post-launch Showdown Series mode added to Red Dead Online, and is a variation on Make It Count. Taking the same battle royale formula, Gun Rush adds actual guns into the mix. When the game mode was launched, the matchmaking system distributed players in a way that resulted in a lot of half-full lobbies and barely any full ones.

gunrush-800x450.jpg

The game mode is most enjoyable when it has the most players, so this tweak is bound to improve the experience for everyone. With a maximum player count of 32, hopefully the new tweaks will allow it to shine. While the current matchmaking tweaks are temporary, Rockstar is already working on finalizing the lobby systems of the mode. These lessons learned will certainly make upcoming Showdown Series modes' launches smoother.

Rockstar has also clarified that most of the features detailed in their roadmap - meaning daily challenges with gold rewards, law and bounty improvements, proximity blips and tweaks to the parley system are coming in a new title update to be released in the coming months.

The post Get Free Gold For Logging Into Red Dead Online This Weekend appeared first on RDR2.org.

Read the full story

• Kean_1 changed the title to UPDATE: 1/25/19
  • Kean_1 unpinned this topic