Ever been attacked by Semi invisible players?

Dissention

Hey I'm new to these forums but have been reading them for some time and been playing RDR2 and RDO since launch.  I'm not super crazy but I am about a level 55 player, so I'm hooked.

I do want to share a story which is part of question, (and why I registered).  It sounds odd but it drives me nuts and have no one else to ask

Last night I won Cold Dead hands and was immediately spawned near the St. Dennis post office.  I went in and a semi invisible Cowgirl was able to punch me inside the PO. She ran outside and lasso'd me, pulled me out and hogtied me.  I broke free and couldn't punch her, threw all my Melee weapons at her, couldn't shoot her, and basically got my butt kicked by the invisible woman.  

If anything it's kind of funny (although I lost all my winnings in the ensuing battle with the Pinkertons) but my question is does anyone else encounter these semi- transparent players?  I am constantly confronted with them and I can't do nothing against them.

I have sent numerous feedback to rockstar and compared to other games I've played they are really good at customer service, actually reading them and incorporating ideas. Nobody gives me an answer on Semi transparent players.  They just say they will look into it.

If anything I'm not a great player, but I can hold my own, some days I'm pretty good but then the players are semi invisible and I lose more points and can't do anything against them.

PS.

Horse/butcher...yes I constantly lose stuff off my horse and when I go to butcher I often can't sell skins that are on the horse and get cheated out of them like others have reported.

i encountered a modder few weeks ago. i saw his faded blip next to me but no character. i messaged him and he admitted he was a modder. other than that i have heard that there is a glitch players use that gives them the effect that being in shop does. so you will see faded blips in freeroam. 

Yeah thanks for the answer.  I found the glitch/mod on the internet.  I won't use it

No point in cheating on a game, and it's not actually like RDO is pay 2 win (yet)

Year from now I'll move on to something else

Just wish people would fight fair and rockstar fix this stuff up.

6 hours ago, Dissention said:

Hey I'm new to these forums but have been reading them for some time and been playing RDR2 and RDO since launch.  I'm not super crazy but I am about a level 55 player, so I'm hooked.

I do want to share a story which is part of question, (and why I registered).  It sounds odd but it drives me nuts and have no one else to ask

Last night I won Cold Dead hands and was immediately spawned near the St. Dennis post office.  I went in and a semi invisible Cowgirl was able to punch me inside the PO. She ran outside and lasso'd me, pulled me out and hogtied me.  I broke free and couldn't punch her, threw all my Melee weapons at her, couldn't shoot her, and basically got my butt kicked by the invisible woman.  

If anything it's kind of funny (although I lost all my winnings in the ensuing battle with the Pinkertons) but my question is does anyone else encounter these semi- transparent players?  I am constantly confronted with them and I can't do nothing against them.

I have sent numerous feedback to rockstar and compared to other games I've played they are really good at customer service, actually reading them and incorporating ideas. Nobody gives me an answer on Semi transparent players.  They just say they will look into it.

If anything I'm not a great player, but I can hold my own, some days I'm pretty good but then the players are semi invisible and I lose more points and can't do anything against them.

PS.

Horse/butcher...yes I constantly lose stuff off my horse and when I go to butcher I often can't sell skins that are on the horse and get cheated out of them like others have reported.

I'm curious, how many of these semi transparent players have you been attacked by?

I believe most of those semi transparent players are escaping griefers by glitching into the safety of private lobbies. These players will appear as lighter/transparent dots on the map and can be standing right next to you in game but you can't totally see them or (typically) interact with them. 

I have never seen one of those players with the ability to attack another player, so that's a new glitch on me. 

But you did the correct thing by contacting Rockstar if you were attacked, in any case.

Again, how often has this happened to you?

Edited by Netnow66

This was the first   Second time I was actually attacked by one which is why I came to this forum.

I was in the Post office and got hit in the head while opening a treasure map which was weird. Then she had the ability to lasso me while I was in the post office and pull me out.

She wasn't so good because I broke Free and threw everything I had at her.   Wound up killing all the bystanders.

She hog tied me a second time and shot me but it didn't do nothing.  The only time I died is when the Pinkertons came and shot me dead.

I don't know it was actually funny because she was invisible (ie like in the store)

EDIT> Ie.  Now that I think about it about a week ago a posse ambushed me out in Tumbleweed and the one dude was invisible.  He was like a lvl. 100+ player and his posse shot me to shreds.  I was clearing a hideout and think they had an assassination out on me .  Couldn't parley. 

So yeah actually second time

Edited by Dissention

And since I'm new to the forums.

I don't grief anyone. And in a nutshell...

... although it has kinda dropped off for me I'm not afraid of a fight.  I do avoid the cities where large posse's are and sometimes think that these knuckleheads just confuse you for an enemy in the heat of battle.

What I can't stand is the griefer who hits you when spawning, fishing/skinning, leaving the butcher or any other time they run or fast travel away. It's so whimpy/ psycho boy to hit and run.

80% of the time I can see someone coming and can win a one on one or the individual griefer misses on the first shot. I have won a couple of battles against 2 or 3 man posses.  You gonna grief someone as a posse than just start a hunt the leader mission is fine. I'm game (if I have the time and nothing better to do)

I just feel it's the wild west but don't shoot a man in the back

Edited by Dissention
  • Like 1

I was about to start a stranger mission a few weeks again when this transparent person came walking round the corner. We were there a good 10 minutes trading punches but for say every 4 or 5 he landed I would hit him once. I got bored in the end and run off battered and bruised. 

I've seen quite a few of these people about just thought it was strange. Never realised it was a mod. 

2 hours ago, G IR U IB said:

I was about to start a stranger mission a few weeks again when this transparent person came walking round the corner. We were there a good 10 minutes trading punches but for say every 4 or 5 he landed I would hit him once. I got bored in the end and run off battered and bruised. 

I've seen quite a few of these people about just thought it was strange. Never realised it was a mod. 

I saw a few guys that were like this, they eat up bullets too. I didn't know it was actual players. I thought it was like some broken NPC's or something. I don't see it too often and only within the last few weeks I think.

Yeah I don’t have too many issues with people attacking me, me losing pelts on the way to sell because someone intercepted me, etc. It’s an online combat game. Stuff can happen.

But hacking/exploits are what have ultimately driven me off a couple other games.

Some people... it’s just all ultimately selfish and about them filling some void in their fruitless lives. I pity people who have to hack a multiplayer game in order to find a reason not to put a bullet in their own pathetic skulls, day after day... screwing up the experience for dozens or hundreds of others in the process.

I haven't had this specifically but some dude walked into the post office and killed me with a shotgun. Like I couldn't get my gun out but he had his and easily killed me and I don't understand how.

Then again when some guy wasn't transparent and killed me while in the PO (like on the porch about to walk inside). Then he kept tackling me inside but not actually damaging me but he wouldn't leave me alone and I couldn't leave or do anything.

One time like a month ago...a player down in New Austin near the fort was riding around on his horse with his blip faded and was transparent. He was killing everyone left and right but couldn't be targeted with auto aim, though he was still clearly able to auto aim at others and kill them...however, a dynamite arrow shot at the ground by horse still killed them both. He then immediately left the session.

I got attacked by an invisible player last night.  Who..  I didn't even know was there, that accused me of cheating..

It was the weirdest sh*t I've ever seen..

At 1st I didn't even know who he was talking to till he said my name.   He claimed that he was shooting me non stop and I won't die, even tho in my screen no ones there.

So after a little talk with him.. I told him.. I can't see you.   He then appears out of no where when he jumped off his horse.  He also told me that no npcs where spawning.

This morning I decided to play for 30 mins before work..    And when I joined a game.  No npcs  anywhere and when I whistled for my horse, nothing came.

R* … Wtf are you doing to this game?

• Like 1

On 2/19/2019 at 1:18 PM, danjou said:

i encountered a modder few weeks ago. i saw his faded blip next to me but no character. i messaged him and he admitted he was a modder. other than that i have heard that there is a glitch players use that gives them the effect that being in shop does. so you will see faded blips in freeroam. 

LMAO! There are no MODDERS on Xbox or PS4. Those people use exploits and/or glitches that exist in the game.

The person you encountered was in a glitch where he was phased out to the lobby. You mostly can't interact with others when in this state. It's mainly used to hunt and fish without getting grieved by other players. R* will probably patch it before they fix the unsalable pelts. LOL!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ray_J_Johnson said:

LMAO! There are no MODDERS on Xbox or PS4. Those people use exploits and/or glitches that exist in the game.

The person you encountered was in a glitch where he was phased out to the lobby. You mostly can't interact with others when in this state. It's mainly used to hunt and fish without getting grieved by other players. R* will probably patch it before they fix the unsalable pelts. LOL!

Yes, I have yet to experience a time when I have/have seen anyone interact with other players while using the phase glitch, so I can only assume there is another glitch at play that allowed the original poster to be pummeled.

As far as Rockstar patching it, you're probably correct and some using it are taking full advantage before the 26th. I was holding on to 10 treasure maps I got from leveling but I collected them all today.

3 hours ago, Ray_J_Johnson said:

Actually, their are modders on xbox and ps4.  It isn't easy, but they do exists.  And no Microsoft and Sony don't approve and does go after them when they can.

On 2/20/2019 at 1:30 PM, YodaMan 3D said:

I encountered this a lot back in Dec.  Not so much any more.  I have encountered players that never lose their hat, so headshots was useless against them.

This this a stupid question but is harder to head sh*t someone with a hat on. I don't wear one but will if it is lol. 

Anyway. 

I was doing a mission today and someone attacked it. So I moved on to the next. I was watching the cutscene and someone walked in next to me. It was the same person that ruined my last mission. I thought to myself. No not again. A bit sbity and don't normally do it but I waited outside and unloaded my repeater on him. He just kept running rings around me. Eventually I got him hogtide and shot him twice point blank. He just went transparent in front of me got out, jumped on my horse and ride off. 

All I could do was laugh. 

Their is a passive ability that ignores the first headshot if you're wearing a hat.  I didn't upgrade it, chose others instead and just don't want to spend cash till after update, so don't know if you get 3 on a tier 3 passive.  although their been a couple of guys I've hit the head continuously and nothing happens (until they shoot me dead)

I'm pretty sure, or least come to the conclusion, the semi invisible players I've been seeing are peeps using the passive glitch or not just people respawning after grief but have something to do with bugs/server latency or something.  When people move they sometimes go invisible on me, their blip is in the wrong place and have a list of bugs that I've reported to R*.

I just think game is buggy as they do work behind the scenes .

Yesterday I could hit a man in the head with an express loads out of the Springfield rifle point blank and nothing would happen.  Animals been scarce for me too as others have reported

4 hours ago, Dissention said:

Their is a passive ability that ignores the first headshot if you're wearing a hat.  I didn't upgrade it, chose others instead and just don't want to spend cash till after update, so don't know if you get 3 on a tier 3 passive.  although their been a couple of guys I've hit the head continuously and nothing happens (until they shoot me dead)

I'm pretty sure, or least come to the conclusion, the semi invisible players I've been seeing are peeps using the passive glitch or not just people respawning after grief but have something to do with bugs/server latency or something.  When people move they sometimes go invisible on me, their blip is in the wrong place and have a list of bugs that I've reported to R*.

I just think game is buggy as they do work behind the scenes .

Yesterday I could hit a man in the head with an express loads out of the Springfield rifle point blank and nothing would happen.  Animals been scarce for me too as others have reported

"Never without one", the hat card, only allows for 1 headshot and the hat falls off. Even at level 3 it's still one, and then reduced damage.

Then there is "slow and steady", which allows headshots don't kill you outright WHILE in deadeye.

Then there is "slippery bastard", while in deadeye, enemies can't lock on to you and the user can't lock on to anyone. Reduces the accuracy of enemies.

I've also seen people be invisible but they can still attack me but not them. I think sometimes it's a glitch and other times it's.... something else. My posse leader was glitched for me and a few others, he was greyed out. But some of the other posse could see him just fine.

On 2/22/2019 at 6:35 PM, Ray_J_Johnson said:

there are modders. people arent stupid and it is easy for them too mod. think what you want....i know different.

• 1 year later...

I am new to RDR online. I had my white flag up in camp. Some crazy ass starts running me over with her horse. I drew my gun and can't shoot her. Her blip was semi transparent. she ended up killing me 2x and my posse member 3x. I am pissed. It sounds like she is a modder. I reported her, no idea if it will do any good. Really spoils the fun. Any suggestions??

• Like 2

• 4 months later...
On 3/31/2020 at 10:27 PM, Buckarett said:

I am new to RDR online. I had my white flag up in camp. Some crazy ass starts running me over with her horse. I drew my gun and can't shoot her. Her blip was semi transparent. she ended up killing me 2x and my posse member 3x. I am pissed. It sounds like she is a modder. I reported her, no idea if it will do any good. Really spoils the fun. Any suggestions??

Modder griefing. All you can do is report and change session. Welcome to the forums.  

Edited by Vendetta