NEWS: R* Rewarding Players who use 2-step verification

Kean_1

We see a lot of people on Twitter not very happy because their Social Club accounts have been hacked and they can’t get them back. A lot of these people won’t have 2 step verification to help them out. Well, now Rockstar Games is pushing for people to start using Two-step verification.

4f87c8722de40259dbbced89d82e7432.png

Secure your Social Club account with Two-step verification and you’ll be rewarded with:

• 10 Gold Bars in Red Dead Online
  • $500,000 in Grand Theft Auto Online
  • Future benefits for GTA Online
  • Future benefits for Red Dead Online

Now, let’s hope this is a good enough way to persuade people to secure their accounts.

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, BropolloCreed79 said:

I'll join the R* Social Club when they give me a reason to.  Gold bars for a nice belt or a hat isn't going to cut it for me.

I've been on the Social Club since GTAV and already have Google Authenticator so it was a quick thing to do.  Just thought others like me would want to cash in on the free GBs and/or GTA money.

5 minutes ago, Kean_1 said:

I've been on the Social Club since GTAV and already have Google Authenticator so it was a quick thing to do.  Just thought others like me would want to cash in on the free GBs and/or GTA money.

Totally spending the 10 gold on a sweet belt. 8)

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, jnaron_ngc said:

Can't seem to get past scanning the QR code, where does verification code appear?

I was using the Google authenticator app and was given a 6 digit code that I entered. Your password is your Social Club password.

I believe there is another option listed if you can't scan the code.

1 minute ago, nshanny73 said:

I didn't get any indication that the process was confirmed... I do see a REMOVE option now so I guess it went through?

Yeah, same thing happened to me and I thought that too.  I did however get an email later that confirmed it.  .....so I would say yes, it did set up correctly since I saw the same thing you are seeing.

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, nshanny73 said:

cool... got the confirm email... thanks again Kean_1

if it's free, it's me

No problem.

That's what I figure.  It all adds up.  I can also use the extra cash in GTA since I still play around in that word too.  

6 hours ago, BropolloCreed79 said:

I'll join the R* Social Club when they give me a reason to.  Gold bars for a nice belt or a hat isn't going to cut it for me.

dido. 

I feel like they just want to get that place active again but I have not seen a point to use it in years personally. 

18 hours ago, nshanny73 said:

seems rockstar likes to toss us gold bars but never cold hard cash

what would the equivalent of $500,000 GTAO? 

$5,000?  I'd actually prefer that over gold bars at the moment

That's what I'm wondering, I dont play GTA do I rather get 5-10 gold bars and 200 dollars.. Seems fair to me. Gta gets 500k? Lmao. 

Philip K. (Rockstar Support)Mar 8, 09:06 EST

As an answer to your question, every player has to wait for 72 hours after the activation of the 2 step verification to receive the free gold bars.

You will receive your free Gold bars after the completion of the time period automatically. Hope this resolves your question.

Edited by Zampen
  • Thanks 1

I made the 2 step verification yesterday at 8`o clock in the morning. I got the 10 gold bars in the evening. 

It just doesent say "You have been giftet", it pops up in the upper left screen. "10" , and then its added. So just keep an eye on your total amount before and after. :)

Yeah, 10 gold bars, plus two more from the nuggets I’ve collected over time = a free Evans Repeater, that I kind of wanted but didn’t really want to waste the money on.

i mean, I always seem to be scrimping and saving cash, then I look at gold I’m accumulating and think there’s nothing I really want to spend it on. But, free gold plus an item I kinda want but not really... I’ll take it

Edited by The_Liquor

I cant do the two step verification as I cont have a cell phone, uggg wtf

I do have one but I never use it , at home for some reason even though it says it is connected to my wifi I can not turn pages, it acts like it is not connected yet it is, so I just get real frustrated and give up on it, now this two step verification thing is pissing me off, I have so little $$ and gold Ill take all I can get, and I need to find a way to do the two step verification without the ir code thing.

Any ideas?

9 minutes ago, lumper said:

I cant do the two step verification as I cont have a cell phone, uggg wtf

I do have one but I never use it , at home for some reason even though it says it is connected to my wifi I can not turn pages, it acts like it is not connected yet it is, so I just get real frustrated and give up on it, now this two step verification thing is pissing me off, I have so little $$ and gold Ill take all I can get, and I need to find a way to do the two step verification without the ir code thing.

Any ideas?

Use a computer

Edited by Zampen