I Got Reported For Nothing

DNMNetTech

Last night i was doing a stranger mission to deliver a wagon to Rhodes. I stopped just before the point of turning it in. That is a safe zone. A guy cam up complaining I was ghosting and said he was reporting all of us. I tried to explain this was not ghosting but a safe zone. He reported us anyway. Is ghosting even a thing in this game?

If they were to do anything to penalize people, I'm sure R* takes into account how many times a player is reported, by how many different people, the reporters own history, etc. 

I wouldn't worry about it in the slightest nor would I even engage in dialogue with people like that. .....and most certainly never send a msg via MS or PSN messaging as some have done to continue an argument. That's just asking for trouble.

• Like 1

People say they're going to report you just to troll you, don't worry about it.

If they do report you and R* look at the log data for your session and see that you weren't ghosting, nothing will happen to you (you won't hear anything).  If these guys continually report maliciously, then they'll find themselves suspended for abusing the reporting system.

Basically, ignore it and carry on with your life.

• Like 2

I suppose it just goes to show you how unaware some folks are of the actual game mechanics, and how they're intended to function.

Besides, everyone knows that you wait for people to come out of the mission cutscene and put a round in the back of their dome before they can defend themselves.

Ghosting is a thing, and I've gotten cross about it before now (see my thread on the topic!) but people need to know the difference between glitch abuse and the physical mechanics of the game that 'ghost' you automatically once you're in the safe zone!

As the others have said, don't sweat it.  Either that guy isn't reporting you, or he's reporting everyone for equally lame reasons - the net effect being the same.

On 3/19/2019 at 10:17 AM, DNMNetTech said:

Last night i was doing a stranger mission to deliver a wagon to Rhodes. I stopped just before the point of turning it in. That is a safe zone. A guy cam up complaining I was ghosting and said he was reporting all of us. I tried to explain this was not ghosting but a safe zone. He reported us anyway. Is ghosting even a thing in this game?

Thats nothing, I was 50 feet from the butcher in Blackwater with a full load, horse was over loaded, and all perfect pelts and turkeys., I found a group of 6 and two of them were 3 star, plus gator pelt, several deer, boar, badgers, coons, etc..
Some dude comes flying down the road, way too fast, swerves into me, and my horse, we drop everything, I get up from the ground, grab the first big pelt to load it back on my horse and a bullet zings by, I look and now this guy is running at me, shooting, I looked at the butcher and thought, hmm wonder if I can make it, I jumped into a sprint, and took one step and bang!! head shot, dead, all my loot gone, I re-spawned over by Ft riggs, my horse was still in blackwater and so were all my pelts, I ended up having to quit and re-join.

Lost all my pets, carcasses etc..

Edited by lumper

16 hours ago, lumper said:

Thats nothing, I was 50 feet from the butcher in Blackwater with a full load, horse was over loaded, and all perfect pelts and turkeys., I found a group of 6 and two of them were 3 star, plus gator pelt, several deer, boar, badgers, coons, etc..
Some dude comes flying down the road, way too fast, swerves into me, and my horse, we drop everything, I get up from the ground, grab the first big pelt to load it back on my horse and a bullet zings by, I look and now this guy is running at me, shooting, I looked at the butcher and thought, hmm wonder if I can make it, I jumped into a sprint, and took one step and bang!! head shot, dead, all my loot gone, I re-spawned over by Ft riggs, my horse was still in blackwater and so were all my pelts, I ended up having to quit and re-join.

I saw something similar happen to a guy with a cart full of goods.

That's the state of this game right now.

I'd only try the wagon trick while on a passive server.

19 hours ago, lumper said:

Basically in situations like this ( horse accident lol) the first thing You should do is kill that guy then quickly pick up and sell.   

5 hours ago, James Hickok_1837 said:

Basically in situations like this ( horse accident lol) the first thing You should do is kill that guy then quickly pick up and sell.   

I would have, but I dont want to be a red dot, lol so I dont shoot folks for no reason, not even for riding into me and knocking all my stuff off my horse.

18 hours ago, lumper said:

I would have, but I dont want to be a red dot, lol so I dont shoot folks for no reason, not even for riding into me and knocking all my stuff off my horse.

I get You there. You are trying to be nice :)     for me some1 riding into me (99% of those situations are done intentionally) is a no go by my book. 

Edited by James Hickok_1837