UPDATE 3/26/19 (Target Races)

Kean_1

RED DEAD ONLINE BETA: TARGET RACES NOW AVAILABLE

e6c2a91ab780aca0d9dc43f5220a607fd9fb2c60

Shoot targets while on horseback to pass checkpoints while racing and be first to finish in Target Races, today's addition to the Red Dead Online Beta.

All players start out with a bow and arrow – as you race, each target you hit will increase your Horse’s Stamina – but you can also take advantage of strategic pickups along the courses. Ride through Stamina pickups to extend your Horse’s sprinting time or quickly recover from a drained Horse Stamina core. Weapons pickups dole out firearms with limited ammo supplies – use a shotgun blast to quickly and easily takeout a checkpoint target or turn that weapon against your competition. While players can lock-on to checkpoint targets, using weapons against other competitors will require proficiency with free-aim. If you’re trailing behind, ride in your competitor’s slipstream to regenerate Horse Stamina quickly and gain a slight speed boost, or if you’re defending a lead you can kick your competitors to reduce their Horse Stamina levels with a slight chance of being able to knock them down. Launch Target Races from the Landing Page menu, using the Quick Join option or riding to a Featured Series sign post.

PlayStation 4 players get early access to Open Target Races, where you compete in an open space to take out all targets then race to the finish. You’re free to shoot targets in any order you wish, just keep an eye on how quickly your competition is knocking out targets and use the mini-map to know which target to hit next. PS4 players will also see the Special Series icon appear on the game map; the Special Series will appear whenever there is a PS4 early access mode and launch players directly into a series.

2b377315606f4c40156ef83b81ab4bc1a3cdf7ac

Whether you’re shooting your way through a Target Race, helping folks in need in Free Roam Missions, clearing Hideouts, hunting game, crafting supplies, or choosing the honorable (or dishonorable) path in A Land of Opportunities, the Red Dead Online Beta is dishing out a 20% boost on all XP earning activities. You can also take off 25% from everything in the Horse Care Section at the Stables and in the Wheeler, Rawson & Co Catalogue including medicines, revivers, stimulants and the trusty brush. Higher ranked players can always upgrade their saddles with 25% off Improved Saddles. Plus, look for the latest shipments of frontier worthy clothing:

• Morning Tail Coat
  • Strickland Boots
  • Bowyer Boots (Female only)
  • Furred Gloves

Look for more additions to the Red Dead Online Beta in the weeks ahead, including new Showdown Modes Up In Smoke and Plunder, along with a big new update later this Spring.

• Kean_1 changed the title to UPDATE 3/26/19 (Target Races)
47 minutes ago, Vaderspupil said:

The big question is, what's the payout on this new race. If it's anything like the payout of the regular race series, which is sh*t, it's not worth it.

Its sh*t.... and just as boring

Edited by Zampen

7 minutes ago, Steven Kreg said:

Only lousy xp on horse racing if you cant win a race or get podium.

you must not do too well. 

i regularly get 250 xp (just now got 295) for a a lousy 2 and a half minutes.

I'm level 108. XP means very little to me now. I only care about the cash payouts and on spoils of war, even the losing side gets $9 to $10 a match, even more if it goes to sudden death. That's far more lucrative. 

Well i dont need xp either at lvl283 but for exampel i get around 15-25 headshotkills / 7min in spoils of war thats around 1000-1200xp per round + 10-15 $ and its fun but its Good there are game modes for all 😁

Edited by Zampen

43 minutes ago, Kean_1 said:

Been playing the Division 2 myself.  Waiting for the RDO Spring update.

Honestly believe they released the online to early, I've got everything done all the missions, its like groundhog day.   

Red Dead Online received its latest content update today, bringing either one or two new game modes depending on what platform you play on. The in-game store has also been updated with new, limited stock items, so catch those before they're gone.

The new mode available to all Red Dead Online players is Target Races, combining good aim with riding skills. Adding a new twist to the standard "get to the finish line first" structure of races, Target Races add a number of targets to each track and shooting these will quickly refill your horse's stamina, giving you an edge in speed. The default weapon available is the bow and arrow, though firearm picks are littered about the track.

Races-2-800x543.jpg

Players can lock onto targets, but if you're sure of your free-aim skills, you might want to turn those weapons against other competitors as well. There's no lock on, but shooting them off their horses is one way to get ahead of the competition. Boosting in slipstreams is also a viable tactic. For tips on how to succeed in other game modes, check out our guide.

If you're on PlayStation 4, then a variation on this mode is also available. Open Target Races twists the formula by trading the track for an open arena. Here, shooting the targets is mandatory instead of just being a way to boost your stamina. You need to score a hit on every target, in whatever which order you please, and then rush to the finish line as quick as possible.

Xbox One players will get a taste of Open Target Races 30 days from now.

binoculars-800x450.jpg

Leveling up is going to be a lot easier this week thanks to a 20% boost on all XP earning activities in the game. Just about anything you do in Red Dead Online grants you various amounts of XP, so even if you simply play like you usually do you'll rack up some extra experience.

This week we're also seeing some of Red Dead Online's first scheduled weekly discounts. All items found in the Horse care section of the in-game store have a universal 25% discount, including things like medicine and the brush. Saddle upgrades fall under this discount as well.

Four new clothing items have been added to the limited section of the catalog too. Grab the Furred Gloves, Strickland Boots, Morning Tail Coat and Bowyer Boots (female only) before they're gone!

The post Target Races Now Available In Red Dead Online appeared first on RDR2.org.

Read the full story

20 hours ago, Ozy8753 said:

Honestly believe they released the online to early, I've got everything done all the missions, its like groundhog day.   

Hasn't been released...it is a beta and most betas are boring.

And i Believe this mode was there from the start of the "beta" otherwise i honestly am scared if this is a result of their hard work the last 4-5 months and listning to the community feedback.... they release crap like this but still cant fix the bugs and glitches wich is just strange. Thought the whole idea of a beta was to fix things before releasing stuff like this

Edited by Zampen
  • Like 1

Love these new modes. Absolute trash. My horse got stuck INSIDE of a rock during the Tumbleweed Target Race, I got a whopping 19xp and pennies as a reward. I, personally am not a huge fan of PvP and think player collision should be turned off for some of these events. The normal races work ok most of the time, I can understand kicking a guy there, but not during a Target Shoot Race, these kids playing the game either don't understand the "mode" or they are stupid. I hate being kicked from my mount as the race starts, hence the getting stuck in the rock glitch. It's been reported as feedback to R* but I don't think they really care. Ultimate Edition was half off the other day. I feel cheated.

I bought a 4k game, and got something that barely renders in 1080i, the bait and switch is strong in this one too. Oh and I love all the kids out there who are running:
Slippery Bastard / Eye For an Eye / The Unblinking Eye / Never Without One

Paint it Black wrecks you.

Every new update or new edition, I feel like the gameplay gets less predictable. Sometimes buttons don't work for me, my horse gets stuck, other plays somewhere kill me without even trying. I don't get it. Might take a break from online for a few months. I don't know.