Treasure Maps

nshanny73

I'm definitely feeling that r* have done something to even further downgrade the chance of stumbling across one... if they haven't shut them down completely!

It's been over two weeks and 30+ hideouts cleared since I've gotten one.

Anybody been successful lately?

Both my wife and I have had between 5 and 8 treasure maps just pop up when we collect deliveries at the lockbox in our camp within the last ten days or so. I'm not even sure how or why they just pop up like that but they have been for us. However, when we clear out gang hideouts, we never seem to get them. Hopefully you get some more soon!

1 hour ago, Jackthestripper said:

Both my wife and I have had between 5 and 8 treasure maps just pop up when we collect deliveries at the lockbox in our camp within the last ten days or so. I'm not even sure how or why they just pop up like that but they have been for us. However, when we clear out gang hideouts, we never seem to get them. Hopefully you get some more soon!

Every few levels gained you get a treasure map delivered to your lockbox or post office.

I've not found one from a hideout ever, but I did a stranger mission and looted an enemy I killed during it and was shocked to find one

Its a matter of luck gambling factor prob ,  sometimes ten hideouts no map , then two hideouts and two maps, even ambush might spawn it, I remember that Hamish mission up in the north loft rescue used to spawn map but don't know if still does

15 minutes ago, Melizmator said:

I remember that Hamish mission up in the north loft rescue used to spawn map but don't know if still does

Yep, the one I mentioned was a Hamish mission. I had to return a wagon stolen by Murfrees - so it definitely still works :) Neat that he gives different missions that spawn it

On 3/30/2019 at 6:51 PM, nshanny73 said:

I'm definitely feeling that r* have done something to even further downgrade the chance of stumbling across one... if they haven't shut them down completely!

It's been over two weeks and 30+ hideouts cleared since I've gotten one.

Anybody been successful lately?

Hi , i encountered same issue as your , i havent got any treasure map in the first 80 hideout , as soon as i got the awards for completing 4 in one day ( game time )  i started to drop alot of them 

ticket submitted for "missing in game item"... also point blank asked what the drop rate is for successfully completed gang hideouts and if the rate has been lessened from recent updates... will post reply once received

40 minutes ago, nshanny73 said:

ticket submitted for "missing in game item"... also point blank asked what the drop rate is for successfully completed gang hideouts and if the rate has been lessened from recent updates... will post reply once received

cool thanks , have you completed that awards ..? 4 gang hideout in 1 day

Went for a while getting no maps from hideouts but currently have 3 in my inventory which I must've got since the last map I did for lvl 70 and I just made lvl 75 (not picked up that map yet). Doesn't seem too bad when thought about like that.

On the other hand, I noticed last night I was 1 map away from the next award milestone of 25 and I've done 150+ hideouts. So excluding the maps for levelling up I've had fewer than a map for every 12 hideouts cleared. Caveat - I've not solo'd maybe 40% of the hideouts I've done so maps could have been picked up in those unknown to me. Also, could any maps have gone missing with enemy bodies despawning before I've had a chance to loot them? On some of the larger hideouts its difficult to make sure you loot every body without any despawning.

typical rockstar reply

Hello SKOOM4LIFE,

Thank you for contacting Rockstar Support.

I can understand your concern regarding the treasure maps appearances in Red Dead Online Beta. Please note that when looting for treasure map the drops are random and may or may not appear. If you are seeing an issue where no maps are dropping at all, I thank you for reporting this matter and can look into it further for you.

If you ever have any further technical issue, please feel free to contact us again.

Best regards,

Courtney S.
Rockstar Support

I then further inquired about the percentage of a "random" drop... apparently they can't predict what the monster they have created will do.... obviously there is a coded percentage, they just don't know

Hello SKOOM4LIFE,

Thank you for getting back to us.

We understand that you want to know the percentage of a "random" drop rate for Treasure Map in Red Dead Online Beta.

We would like to inform you that the drop rates for Treasure Map are Random and we won't be able to predict the drop rates for Treasure Maps.

Further, we thank you for reporting the issue you are facing and we will look into it.

Should you require further assistance, or have any other technical questions or concerns, please feel free to get back in contact with us and it will be our pleasure to assist you.

Best regards,

Alfred K.
Rockstar Support

latest reply from rockstar... must have ruffled some feathers to get a tier 3 rep to reply... also nice to get a reply that doesn't reek of a cut and paste form letter

Hello SKOOM4LIFE, 

Thank you for your reply.

I am sorry to hear that we have not replied to your question.
I apologise for the misunderstanding.

After reviewing the recent patch notes ( 10.6 and 1.07 ) it seems like no chance was applied to the treasure drop rates.
As mentioned earlier, the drop rates for Treasure Map are Random so it is very likely so sometime you will find many of them and sometime you wont find any at all. This does not means that drop rate changed.

Regarding the outfits on your horse, we have received similar report from other players and our development team is currently looking into it.
In order to try and fix this issue, could you please try deleting your custom outfits, and creating new ones ?

Regarding the animal despawning, the game at the moment tends to clear carcasses and bodies when they are too far away from players. This seems to happen more often when there many players, and dead bodies around. 
We are currently looking into the details of this, but we suspect there is a bug in the de-spawning of bodies and carcasses and our QA team is investigating.
For now we advise you to not kill too many animals from too far away. If you do kill an animal, you should try looking /skinning it as soon as you can and not get too far from it.

Finally regarding the core, this is perfectly normal gameplay.
For all 3 stats, the core slowly decrease with time. The bar around theses cores do increase by themselves ( depending on your cores ). It makes sense as the cores are restores by eating. Think about it this way : your character needs to eat every so often. Otherwise he will slowly starve and his cores will decreases : his health, stamina and dead eye will slowly decrease.

I hope I was able clarify this situation, and if you are still having an issue or need any more support, please let us know and we will be happy to assist you.

Best regards,

Edward D.
Rockstar Support | Tier 3

Ngl I haven't seen a treasure map from a hideout/ambush in about a week. Only two I've had was from ranking and one a week ago from a hideout. Doesn't bother me much as I don't rely on it, just a 'oh that's nice' kind of thing.

Although one bugged and when I went to open the chest there wasn't anything in it. Sent a ticket and was immediately compensated for it. Nice touch I guess.

On 4/3/2019 at 10:52 AM, CosmoKramer said:

Went for a while getting no maps from hideouts but currently have 3 in my inventory which I must've got since the last map I did for lvl 70 and I just made lvl 75 (not picked up that map yet). Doesn't seem too bad when thought about like that.

On the other hand, I noticed last night I was 1 map away from the next award milestone of 25 and I've done 150+ hideouts. So excluding the maps for levelling up I've had fewer than a map for every 12 hideouts cleared. Caveat - I've not solo'd maybe 40% of the hideouts I've done so maps could have been picked up in those unknown to me. Also, could any maps have gone missing with enemy bodies despawning before I've had a chance to loot them? On some of the larger hideouts its difficult to make sure you loot every body without any despawning.

Loot all the bodies before killing the leader & they won't despawn.  

40 minutes ago, Ozy8753 said:

Loot all the bodies before killing the leader & they won't despawn.  

Yeah I do, but its not always possible when you're in a firefight with enemies coming from all sides and distances. The Lemoyne Raiders Mansion hideout for instance.

For me the enemies despawn before i kill the leader most of the time and i still think they nerfed it somehow with the maps. Its not a good way to get money but an ok bonus if they show up. Got 1 map out of 50 hideouts last 2 weeks

Edited by Zampen

Like ive been saying as soon as i unlocked the 4 gang hideout in 1 day awards , treasure map started to rain , also i been stupefied when a treasure map dropped from a ennemy in a Stranger free roam mission

10 minutes ago, pluck3 said:

Like ive been saying as soon as i unlocked the 4 gang hideout in 1 day awards , treasure map started to rain , also i been stupefied when a treasure map dropped from a ennemy in a Stranger free roam mission

Made no difference for me and its all about luck if rockstar is giving the correct info

(Sry 4 double post) 

Edited by Zampen

I have done a fair share of gang hideouts and I  have only found a few myself and this was way back in January. I don't think I have stumbled on one since then. I get they are rare but this is ridiculous.