Cores drained when spawning?

pattonfreak1

I can't get ANY help from rockstar on this. Whenever I spawn my cores are drained. Most of the time it's just my deadeye. Usually a little less than half. But lately when I spawn (whether it's free roam or pvp) my stamina and deadeye are red and my health is at half. This happens regardless of how full my cores are whenever I die, fast travel, enter  or leave pvp. Or entering free roam from anything. Does anyone else have this problem? Is there any solution?  I tried clearing my cache, and my local saved games but it's still keeps happening.  I'm at a loss and my character is super overweight because I constantly hafta eat to fill my cores. Please help AMD thanks in advance.

Been like this from day one for me. Alway's drained I fill it up and after a few min's it's gone again without even being used, and if I do use Deadeye it last's a few second's at most and make's me wonder what is going on as I see other player's who seem to have endless deadeye.

My cores are only ever about half or less when I spawn into a session - I thought this was just a feature of the game but helped by upgrading the tent at camp? What I don't understand is my dead eye energy (outer circle) nearly always being empty when joining a session - health & stamina are always fine.

1 hour ago, CosmoKramer said:

My cores are only ever about half or less when I spawn into a session - I thought this was just a feature of the game but helped by upgrading the tent at camp? What I don't understand is my dead eye energy (outer circle) nearly always being empty when joining a session - health & stamina are always fine.

I have updated the tent to the highest level (spending a fortune). the outer ring of the dead eye is always empty when I start playing or when I return to the free roam after a mission or a pvp.  

4 minutes ago, peppino79 said:

I have updated the tent to the highest level (spending a fortune). the outer ring of the dead eye is always empty when I start playing or when I return to the free roam after a mission or a pvp.  

Are your cores higher than they would previously have been though? And does the upgraded tent carry across all camp themes?

22 minutes ago, CosmoKramer said:

Are your cores higher than they would previously have been though? And does the upgraded tent carry across all camp themes?

my cores are at least 75% full when I start playing.

the updated tent does not unlock all  camp themes   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, CosmoKramer said:

Just checking as I may have phrased my original question poorly - what I meant was do you have to buy the $700 tent for each camp theme you own?

no. the tent remains even if you change the theme. 

14 hours ago, Vaderspupil said:

I think it's  just a visual bug. Happens to me too, both on my character and my horse.

Same here. Not always either. The inconsistency makes me think it isn't accurate either so it likely is a minor glitch/bug they will need to fix.

• 4 weeks later...

728881978_RedDeadRedemptioncoredrain.thumb.jpg.0f7fad6b3121eade85d634e66a2b60f0.jpg

My character cores and my horses core are drained/blacked out on random days when I log online.  Food or tonic does not restore them. I have contacted Rockstar but they have been unable to help me. Has any one else had this problem?

Red Dead Redemption 2_20190314140818_1.jpg

• Like 1

I've noticed my horse health being blacked out a number of times but it always just seemed a graphical glitch - feeding it a carrot would restore its' core although it would remain darker than normal (I could just make out the difference in the shades of grey between full and half). Not seen the issue for any other cores.

Have you all looked at your player in the pause menu?

See if you are over weight, cold, underweight etc..?

In there, any drains attached to you will be shown, I dont know why but sometimes my drain rate is 900% and other times it is 6%, I dont know exactly why other than being too hot or cold on top of being over weight.

Since I invested in the second largest tent, it is super quick to get my cores back up as they go way up when I spawn in now and after a minute at camp they are 100%, but the drain was crazy for me a few times and I had to address it, I cant play when I have a 900% drain rate, lol you can watch it drain like a leak in a tire.

The cores remain black even though my horse/character are in perfect health. I feed/eat, use tonics, brush horse, put on clothing required for the current temperature, rest at camp,  all to no effect. I am also unable to assign any of my horses to a role other than free roam. When playing Story/honour missions online I can only access the old nag which promptly dies at the end of the mission. At this point, a message pops up saying my horse (old nag) has died and that I should pay the vet to heal it. Problem is all of my 5 horses have insurance so there is nothing to do at the stable, no vet bills, nada. I have also tried clearing the buffer on the PS4 by disconnecting the power source and by pressing L1 an R2 when the game boots up.

Yes, Rockstar is aware of the problem but they have not provide a solution.

1 hour ago, Redstaski said:

The cores remain black even though my horse/character are in perfect health. I feed/eat, use tonics, brush horse, put on clothing required for the current temperature, rest at camp,  all to no effect. I am also unable to assign any of my horses to a role other than free roam. When playing Story/honour missions online I can only access the old nag which promptly dies at the end of the mission. At this point, a message pops up saying my horse (old nag) has died and that I should pay the vet to heal it. Problem is all of my 5 horses have insurance so there is nothing to do at the stable, no vet bills, nada. I have also tried clearing the buffer on the PS4 by disconnecting the power source and by pressing L1 an R2 when the game boots up.

Yes, Rockstar is aware of the problem but they have not provide a solution.

I've had the black cores with my horse before. (week or so ago) It lasted a couple days but went back to normal. I could feed the horse, send the horse away and call it back. Even go to a stable to refresh it, stayed black even with a full white ring. It's gotta be a slight glitch like the bonding type glitch still. 

On 4/3/2019 at 12:54 AM, pattonfreak1 said:

I can't get ANY help from rockstar on this. Whenever I spawn my cores are drained. Most of the time it's just my deadeye. Usually a little less than half. But lately when I spawn (whether it's free roam or pvp) my stamina and deadeye are red and my health is at half. This happens regardless of how full my cores are whenever I die, fast travel, enter  or leave pvp. Or entering free roam from anything. Does anyone else have this problem? Is there any solution?  I tried clearing my cache, and my local saved games but it's still keeps happening.  I'm at a loss and my character is super overweight because I constantly hafta eat to fill my cores. Please help AMD thanks in advance.

I was thinking about this.The opposite has been happening to me, I spawn with my guns clean and my cores full.

I wonder, do you shut the game off via the story mode menu?

I know that when I am going to quit, I open up the pause menu, go to story, and then select exit game, and then A to confirm, and then from there through the xbox menu right click on the game name and chose quit.

I noticed a video where a guy was explaining ways to shut it down and how if you did it another way it was like the game crashed to the game and you would re spawn next time with whatever you had prior to the "crash".

I dont know, maybe it has nothing to do with it for you, but I wanted to ask just in case you hadnt considered this.

Try shutting down that way if you havent already, if you have then never mind, it was just a thought to try.

Since I upgraded my tent when I spawn now my cores and bars are nearly full if not completely full every time.

The blacked out thing happened to me yesterday, first time I noticed it.

When you posted this, I hadnt noticed it.

I forget what I was doing just before this happened, but I just ignored it and didnt notice any issues as a result.

This actually happened to me, a month ago, with my horse. Whenever I would stable my horse and bring it out at a later time, all cores were drained. I don't know if it's still happening since I typically just use my Black Arabian now. The most annoying glitch is your Horse Bonding Lvl returning to 1, from time to time, but I digress. 

The problem with core/horses doesn't seem to be as bad after the two recent updates. Now, I can actually assign roles to my four horses and NOT get the old nag during a honour mission. It appears that Rockstar has listened.

Off topic, there are free spurs, jackets and hats at the clothing stores in Blackwater and St. Denis. Not sure what it is about, possibly a PSN thing?