level 7 to 55 now what?

lumper

UPDATE: 5/17/2019

It took from March 7th when I started to May 17th to hit level 94, approximately 10 weeks to go through 89 levels,

It wasnt until level 55 though that I turned on the gas and really made a serious effort to level up, from that date, Ill summarize it later for myself and make a timeline for myself to look back on and think about the whole grind, during a time that the game was goign through changes and lots of expectations.

I think to start over and do it all again, would be MUCh easier today than it was over the past few months and hats off to those who did all this even earlier, when it was raw and unfiltered out there, no easy feat yet many did it.

Update 2 (5/3/2019

Well, I did it!!

I started out over whelmed and a little lost, but with the help of board members and friends I stuck it out.

Today I hit a few goals, I hit level 77, got everything I wanted up til now, I still want a couple things but they are cosmetic.

Got my cards, Paint it black, slippery bastard, come back stronger, never without one, peak condition, and the unblinking eye all maxed out to tier 3, that was the last hurdle.

Got my two horses, upgraded saddles, all weapons, second largest tent, Ill get the other when I have the $$ but I am not grinding to get it.

Got the fast travel post at my camp, I love that thing, more clothes than I need, I still havent bought a single outfit though, I paid for a persistent posse to fix an issue with "never without one" in pvp, bought a lot of ammo when it was on sale, and a few pamphlets.

So all in all I am done grinding, when I hit level 94 ill get the pamphlets for explosive ammo but I wont grind to get it, for now on I am playing 99% pvp, I want to practice and get better at it so now I have no excuse, I dont need anything, I have options for ability cards depending on strategy and the game I am playing, etc.. it took me about 8 weeks to get to level 77 and grind enough cash to buy everything I earned with xp.

Some stats:

cash earned, $29,000

gold earned  54.09 bars

cash spent, $29212.00

Gold spent 53 bars

total kills 10009

deaths 1161

time spent in game 13 days 12 hours or about 325 hours in game almost all grinding!!

players killed 692

law killed 169

pedestrians killed 3138

time wanted 49 minutes

bodies looted 1833

animals killed 6011

unique animals killed 114

skinned 5856

plucked 139

perfect kills 3883

hunting profits $22261.00

fish caught 4371

biggest, 19lbs 19 oz's

Oooof Im spent, time to chill in pvp get schooled and learn how to fight so I can maximize my potential, by the time I hit level 100 I feel like I will be as good as I can be, and then hopefully the update will hit and I will be 100% ready for it.

below is my original post.

UPDATE EDIT:

(After posting this I found inspiration again a few ways from users who posted replies and inspired me and set me back on the path.

I will keep updating the levels at the end to show how long it took a casual players to level up.

Yesterday, 4/29 I just hit level 71, my goal is 100, I only need 94 but I want a clean sweep of that screen, and to fill all those level boxes with a white stripe. when I wrote this I had just hit level 55 and as you will read was trying for level 60 by a certain date to take advantage of a R* offer. I did not make it to level 60 in time, but tried real hard and was a litle burnt out by that grind, from 38 to 55)

Original post:

What keeps you going?

What are you doing in game to keep it fresh?

Is there something I am missing that I can do to help stay busy in game?

I had a tough start to RDR2O, took me a week or so to get a handle on it.

At first I wasnt  having any fun at all, and even planned to bail, then a few people encouraged me so I tried again, and seemed to get things working better.

I started on March 7th by the 12th I was at level 7.

After 4 weeks I was at level 38 and doing ok, then Rockstar released the April update, with it they lowered the level requirements for several things, horses, clothing, explosive ammo, etc.. I misunderstood the update, I just assumed incorrectly that is would last for a week, I dont know why I thought that, they didnt say that, I for some reason just assumed it.

On Monday night I realized I woudl make it by Weds and just in time to get the ammo, then I decided to re read the ad, and saw it was scheduled to end the next day, Tuesday.

I realized there is no way I can get the last levels done in 24 hours, it just wasnt realistic.

So, ok no big deal, I did get an upgraded horse, a several other things to take advantage of the update, but I missed out on the ammo, now after 5 weeks I am at level 55.

From 38 to 55 in 5 days was a real grind 4 levels or more a day, mostly hunting.

Anyway, now that I did that, I am kind of burnt on level grinding, the thought of grinding just turns me off at this point, I mean I need 40 levels now, lol thats going to take 3 weeks of grinding, and I have no interest in doing that.

So, Im trying to stay interested, but all of a sudden I realize, there is nothing to do.

The pvp is pretty good and fun too at times, other times not so much, but is a great way to learn how to fight, but after 3 or 4 rounds I have to bail for a while.

So after 4 rounds of pvp there is nothing to do, for the first time since March 12th I dont feel like turning the game on.

It was an awesome ride to get here, but now what?

I see players at level 100, 200, 300 and up and I think, wtf? how did you stay engaged for so long?

I guess a lot has changed over time, and things were a little different back in November and December, but still level 300 in around 18 weeks almost 20 weeks is still 10 levels or more a week every week since launch, that is crazy!!

I really truly hope Rockstar releases these updates a little faster now and things start to solidify, I wan to keep going, but I need some new stuff to do I guess.
Im even part of a group that has some cool and interesting things to do but It is still boring now.

I was thinking I would go in and try to do a stranger mission from every mission giver to see what comes of that, otherwise Im at a loss.

Edited by lumper

17 minutes ago, lumper said:

What keeps you going?

What are you doing in game to keep it fresh?

Is there something I am missing that I can do to help stay busy in game?

If it's not fun for you, take a break.  .....I did.

I think you already know what's available in the game, right?  I got bored doing the same things and quit after level ~65.   ......I took a break.  I'm playing another game right now.  

btw, aren't the explosive rounds now unlocked after level 60?  That's something to strive for.

1 minute ago, Kean_1 said:

If it's not fun for you, take a break.  .....I did.

I think you already know what's available in the game, right?  I got bored doing the same things and quit after level ~65.   ......I took a break.  I'm playing another game right now.  

btw, aren't the explosive rounds now unlocked after level 60?  That's something to strive for.

The explosive rounds are what got me grinding and really trying to level up, they ended the other day, back to level 90/94

I was 5 levels away, if they ran that for a week, I would have made it, but now it will be 40 more levels before I can get them.

I upgraded my tent to the second largest one, the other isnt available until level 83 or 65 or something, Im at 55.

I got the Trotter early and some clothes, all my ability cards maxed out, etc..

At this point there is nothing within reach that I want.

The only thing I havent done are ALL of the stranger missions, I might go do that to see what happens, otherwise I have no reason to play.

Its too late in the year for me to start a new game, as I am also a musician with a band, and a travelling semi pro athlete that travels and competes in events all Spring and Summer, even into the early Fall.

I am not quite ready to pack it up, but uggg I dunno what to do.

Sounds like R* have saved you a bunch of cash re-raising the rank requirement for the pamphlets - if you had reached the necessary rank and bought them (I presume with gold) wouldn't you be in the same position now just with less money in your pocket?

Take a break, quit, be creative and make something up. Most will tell you if you don't enjoy the game then don't play. Simple as that. 3 weeks not so bad especially compared to other legit MMOs (one of which took me 10 months of hard daily grinding to get 5 levels).

I kept on going to level 100 and beyond because I wanted to have everything  unlocked. I felt in my mind if I didn't do that, I'd fall behind everyone else. For me it's  been about grinding for money to buy all the stuff I've  now unlocked. I've bought all the best pamphlets, bought all the camp tent upgrades and camp fast travel, I currently  have 14 ability cards to tier 3. I have all the weapons that I need, but there are weapons that I want. Finally at level 128, I'm just starting to slow myself down. I'm in a good place now.

39 minutes ago, lumper said:

I am not quite ready to pack it up, but uggg I dunno what to do.

Why torture yourself?  If the game isn't providing a level of enjoyment for you at this point, then why play?  .....simple as that IMO.  Find something else to do until the Spring Update, final release, etc.  I haven't logged on for weeks even when the explosive ammo became available which now I guess I missed out on.  

It's not like you're stuck at a job and don't know whether you should stay or look for other employment.  It's just a game, right?  Move on if you feel like moving on.  You can always come back to it.  I've done that with GTAO since release.

The Spring Update should be around the corner.  That may have enough additions to change up the game play to keep you going for a while longer.  I know I'll be revisiting the game at that point.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Kean_1 said:

Why torture yourself?  If the game isn't providing a level of enjoyment for you at this point, then why play?  .....simple as that IMO.  Find something else to do until the Spring Update, final release, etc.  I haven't logged on for weeks even when the explosive ammo became available which now I guess I missed out on.  

It's not like you're stuck at a job and don't know whether you should stay or look for other employment.  It's just a game, right?  Move on if you feel like moving on.  You can always come back to it.  I've done that with GTAO since release.

The Spring Update should be around the corner.  That may have enough additions to change up the game play to keep you going for a while longer.  I know I'll be revisiting the game at that point.

I know your right, but it seems anti climatic to have pushed so hard to just stop all of a sudden, lol.

I don't understand the conflict. If you don't like it, walk away. I invested a lot of time and energy into Destiny 2 until I didn't have the energy anymore. So I moved on and didn't stress about it one second. This ain't real life. It is a game. They come and they go. Big deal. I might pick up MK 11 and Days Gone myself in the next few weeks. 

At the end of the day it is just a game and not an ex girlfriend who just told you they are pregnant with you child.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, lumper said:

I know your right, but it seems anti climatic to have pushed so hard to just stop all of a sudden, lol.

I was playing nightly and then when TD2 released, I stopped playing RDO and switched.  .....and I will eventually switch back, then stop again and so on.  

Thing is, just because you stop doesn't mean you have to uninstall or sell the game.  Nothing is preventing you from revisiting it again.  I do that with some games especially ones like this that evolve.

6 minutes ago, Kean_1 said:

I was playing nightly and then when TD2 released, I stopped playing RDO and switched.  .....and I will eventually switch back, then stop again and so on.  

Thing is, just because you stop doesn't mean you have to uninstall or sell the game.  Nothing is preventing you from revisiting it again.  I do that with some games especially ones like this that evolve.

True, I was enjoying both battlefront 2 and COD WW2 online when rdr2 broke, I havent played another game since Dec, so maybe I will back to those for a bit, I feel like I dont even remember how to play them, lol.

I guess after spending a few weeks daily grinding and planning I just felt like, hmm now what?

But ill get over it, as you said, the update will come, the game will get released, etc.. 

I think I am going to try the missions I never did first though and see what that leads to if anything.

Edited by lumper

create your own challenges. try turning auto aim off and use slippery b. test yourself. or get days gone next week. i dont play rdr2 that much now. grinded to lvl 193 got way too much gold and money but i enjoy earning it and seeing players leave because i own them with sb.

• Like 1

On 4/18/2019 at 10:55 AM, CosmoKramer said:

Sounds like R* have saved you a bunch of cash re-raising the rank requirement for the pamphlets - if you had reached the necessary rank and bought them (I presume with gold) wouldn't you be in the same position now just with less money in your pocket?

Not at all, I had saved nearly 2,000$ while hunting, so I was ready to buy them, and then of course with explosive ammo comes the fun of going back to things I did before but with n explosive twist, that would be fun for a few minutes, and griefers? lol good luck, I was planning to straight up terrorize these few people that think its funny to ambush you at the butcher or while fishing, lol. Anyway no not at all, I was very much looking forward to spending the money and had no problem with it.

Instead I bought a couple other pamphlets, two horses, all the clothes, upgraded my tent to the largest one I can at level 55, etc.. so Im all stocked up and ready to go, a little broke now, and this is why I was feeling like, what now? Im not about to grind for 1000$ so I can buy the new stuff as it releases every week, gator hats and concho pants, lol, plus, truth be told, I already have them all, lol.

What got me thinking was seeing a level 298 players in free roam, that blew my mind, like, whoa, if im bored at level 55 what the heck did this person do to stay so engaged? id love to know, maybe Im missing something, but I dont think I am, I am not as interested in pvp as maybe I want to be, im not all that good at it yet, and it is hard for me, but its not that, I dunno, cant explain it, after all the free roam and hunting, fishing, etc.. it just seem to linear to me I think, yet I do like it, nad I rry to get in a few rounds everyday of the showdoan series or featured series just to see what games cycle while I am on.

I like the capture the flag the best, not a big fan of the territory holding ones but they arent the worst, the free for alls are tough in tall tree's just too much running only to final;y find some action and then die quickly by a camping sniper, the nature of these games never seems to change, like COD in the west.

Anyway Im hanging in there, trying anyway, today I went moose hunting, I was sick of not seeing any Moose, so I got 3, and 3 cougars too, then got attacked at the butcher and decided I have had enough of that, so I fought back until they posse parlayed, the whole posse, lol it was great fun fighting back and making it clear that just because I dont shoot first doesnt mean if you piss me off I wont shoot last, it was even a challenge, but it was very satisfying to finally fight back a little.

I think I was so programmed to run from a fight at lower levels I forget that although compared to many I am a low level, I am over level 56 now and have all the weapons, cards, and stuff I need to put up a god fight, I never shoot first, and I dont start fights but if it happens anymore, I will do my best to end them, as it isnt level 200 players doing it, its alwasy some level 16 with his level 23 buddy, with no cards, hardly any weapons, I dont know what they are thinking, but screw it, Im done being a target.

T

16 hours ago, danjou said:

create your own challenges. try turning auto aim off and use slippery b. test yourself. or get days gone next week. i dont play rdr2 that much now. grinded to lvl 193 got way too much gold and money but i enjoy earning it and seeing players leave because i own them with sb.

Now you have me thinking, hmmm I like that idea, no auto aim, shut off the mini map, etc.. yeah im gonna see what I can do.

Thanks

Just hit level 60 and it is a shift for me.

I have spent so many levels avoiding griefers and other players who have itchy trigger fingers and no sense of balance, to realizing that I dont need to run anymore or hide, I can stride into any space I want, and if people give me a hard time, I deal with them, at level 60 I have everything I need to defend against nearly anything except maybe explosive ammo, so it is weird to go from complete avoidance to screw it, its my game too and I am going to the butcher regardless, so far it is a lot of fun, I never shoot first, but if you take a cheap shot at me, its on,  what I am finding out is it is usually a low level player that doesnt know any better or is bored.

I used to get mad and send a message, now I just re spawn and hunt them down, if I cant get the upper hand so be it, but it hasnt happened yet, it feels good to be equipped enough to have that confidence, it took a LONG time to get there.,

Yesterday out of habit I hit parlay then I thought, hm why did I do that, I looked at who shot me it was a level 14 player with no cards, a scrawny nag, probably only 1 gun, lol I was mad at myself, like, what are you afraid of?

So I waited for the parlay to end and I went back.

See I was hunting outside of a mission giver and a guy rolled in I assumed to start the mission, I explaind I was just hunting, dont mind me, and  so he took a shot at me as I rode away in the back, then he ran in the house to start the mission.

I was never so patient, I waited for the parlay to end and for him to be done with his mission then I went and found him and said hi, remember me? lol a few minutes later he got two friends to join and a few minutes after that they parlayed, that was good fun and felt great.

Edited by lumper

On 4/21/2019 at 9:06 PM, lumper said:

I have spent so many levels avoiding griefers and other players who have itchy trigger fingers and no sense of balance, to realizing that I dont need to run anymore or hide, I can stride into any space I want, and if people give me a hard time, I deal with them, at level 60 I have everything I need to defend against nearly anything except maybe explosive ammo, so it is weird to go from complete avoidance to screw it, its my game too and I am going to the butcher regardless, so far it is a lot of fun, I never shoot first, but if you take a cheap shot at me, its on,  what I am finding out is it is usually a low level player that doesnt know any better or is bored.

Yes ! Finally !   Im happy for You.    I killed lvl 150 players beeing lvl 20 with a shitty gun so its all about skill, upgrading it etc. 

I hit 104 lvl yesterday and still enjoying the game. Mostly i focus on pvp games - trying to get better and better. There are some really good players out there and would like to beat them someday - so this is my most important goal now. To master the game. 

Currently have all weapons i need, upgraded, engraved etc, 

Im looking at some outfits now bcoz i completely abandoned them to earn cash for ability cards first. Want to buy one more horse to try out. Have still like 3 recipes to buy that i want. 

Yesterday started exping a card setup i want to test during pvp - to fight another day & of single purpose to use with slippery bastard  on pvp running around using only knives to kill ppl for fun of it so back to some hunting between matches. 

Started to do horse races daily as well. a couple of matches for fun. 

So seems im still hooked - heck even now in my ofice, writing here on forum i would love to go back to playing the game. Still 3 hours left in work 😜  

Also im trying to accumulate some gold bars and dollars for the future updates and i hope that gambling will be introduced to the game because i really miss that part of the game. Would love to see saloons full off ppl playing cards, 5 fingers and stuff. I can understand that there are some legal issues that maybe postponing the implementation (its gambling) and probably the currency used for playing will be in game dollars and  not gold bars since You can buy them via R* shop so yeah legal gambling issues but in the end everything can be done. 

As for the grind and the levels itself. Im an old PC mmorpg hard core player (retired). Mostly played korean mmo with insane money/lvl/skill grind where You need to kill 20 k npc's to lvl up... and loose this lvl in one day loosing in pvp.    Im used to hardcore grind to that point i started to enjoy it. crazy i know. For me gaining lvls and money in this game is a walk in the park - for others it might be a grind.

As said before im one of that breed of players that will have everything unlocked in this game - when i do who knows maybe ill leave rdro for ome time or maybe forever. While im enjoying it im playing. When You stop enjoying a game just stop playing it - that is what i will do. 

Anyway good to still have You around. And sorry for the long read. 

Edited by James Hickok_1837
  • Like 1

i found new life in this game being an anti griefer.

i wander around and do my thing and when someone shoots me i put them on my "list" and try to visit them any and every time i can to give them payback after payback.

My possie is called The Law and me and my gf (the only two in it now) dress in the same police uniform and just whenever we want something different to do, i search up one of the names on my list, jump to their session and the  payback continues.

Fun stuff!

TheLaw.png

Edited by Steven Kreg
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, James Hickok_1837 said:

Yes ! Finally !   Im happy for You.    I killed lvl 150 players beeing lvl 20 with a shitty gun so its all about skill, upgrading it etc. 

I hit 104 lvl yesterday and still enjoying the game. Mostly i focus on pvp games - trying to get better and better. There are some really good players out there and would like to beat them someday - so this is my most important goal now. To master the game. 

Currently have all weapons i need, upgraded, engraved etc, 

Im looking at some outfits now bcoz i completely abandoned them to earn cash for ability cards first. Want to buy one more horse to try out. Have still like 3 recipes to buy that i want. 

Yesterday started exping a card setup i want to test during pvp - to fight another day & of single purpose to use with slippery bastard  on pvp running around using only knives to kill ppl for fun of it so back to some hunting between matches. 

Started to do horse races daily as well. a couple of matches for fun. 

So seems im still hooked - heck even now in my ofice, writing here on forum i would love to go back to playing the game. Still 3 hours left in work 😜  

Also im trying to accumulate some gold bars and dollars for the future updates and i hope that gambling will be introduced to the game because i really miss that part of the game. Would love to see saloons full off ppl playing cards, 5 fingers and stuff. I can understand that there are some legal issues that maybe postponing the implementation (its gambling) and probably the currency used for playing will be in game dollars and  not gold bars since You can buy them via R* shop so yeah legal gambling issues but in the end everything can be done. 

As for the grind and the levels itself. Im an old PC mmorpg hard core player (retired). Mostly played korean mmo with insane money/lvl/skill grind where You need to kill 20 k npc's to lvl up... and loose this lvl in one day loosing in pvp.    Im used to hardcore grind to that point i started to enjoy it. crazy i know. For me gaining lvls and money in this game is a walk in the park - for others it might be a grind.

As said before im one of that breed of players that will have everything unlocked in this game - when i do who knows maybe ill leave rdro for ome time or maybe forever. While im enjoying it im playing. When You stop enjoying a game just stop playing it - that is what i will do. 

Anyway good to still have You around. And sorry for the long read. 

Thats cool, and good read man.

Level 104  thats great man, a few weeks ago that literally seemed out of reach to me, today it seems like in 2 weeks Ill be right there.

The more I realize most players seem to have relaxed on grinding levels, at least everyone Ive been talking too, it really motivated me to catch up somewhat.

I was looking for inspiration and I found some, so now I go back to grinding for a bit, as long as I am working toward something I dont mind at all, and honestly I cant wait to get the ammo and one more card maxed out.

I did learn something yesterday that was a "DOH!" moment, I had been using the carbine repeater, lol yep, I just didnt notice and was wondering, why is everyone so good with their repeater but I stink so bad, then I bought the Lancaster repeater and took it out for a ride, WOW what a difference, I cant wait to go back to pvp now and give this gun a try.

Anyway I am really glad I found some direction to keep pushing while we all wait for the Spring update to hit and see what the game becomes either way I will be ready for whatever comes.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Steven Kreg said:

i found new life in this game being an anti griefer.

i wander around and do my thing and when someone shoots me i put them on my "list" and try to visit them any and every time i can to give them payback after payback.

My possie is called The Law and me and my gf (the only two in it now) dress in the same police uniform and just whenever we want something different to do, i search up one of the names on my list, jump to their session and the  payback continues.

Fun stuff!

TheLaw.png

LOL, I love it man, thats great!!

And not a bad idea, I do really dislike anyone who thinks it is ok to just abuse your trust and take advantage of a situation like waiting for you to leave a butcher and shoot you in the back, they deserve all the payback they can handle, and this too is driving me more and more, I am sick of worrying about who is in Rhodes, or Valentine, or going way way out of my way just to go to a butcher, I am done with that, and this is pushing me to grind, and play pvp more to get better at fighting, and master using my cards, so when I do hand out payback it will be glorious and fun.

• Like 2

yes lumper!

I started off soooo bad in pvp. now that i have levels so i have the cards wehre i want them and more expierence and lots of explosive stuff if i need to pull it out i do damn good.  so far their are only a few people who give me trouble, but i dont mind getting killed because it means their bounty goes up and they gotta pay... i also call my horse to me all the time hoping that they kill it and lose another $4.

i'm so sick of griefers and this is the only online game i can actually do something about it. so i do.

are you on xbox? or ps4?

• Like 1

I hit 55 today. I'm still enjoying the game, but then again I'm a grinder from way way back, so I've had no problem hunting and fishing while clearing hideouts and hoping to get ambushed at the right spots. 

I've pvped sparingly, but have begun to join matches more and more. I'm hoping to improve enough that I quit throwing my controller on the floor. 😉

I've pretty much avoided all the stranger missions. I was hoping to concentrate on them when I found a posse, so still looking forward to that. 

What keeps me going is the possibility of this game. Honestly with just a few tweaks ...

Edited by Miltonastic

On 4/24/2019 at 3:30 PM, Miltonastic said:

I hit 55 today. I'm still enjoying the game, but then again I'm a grinder from way way back, so I've had no problem hunting and fishing while clearing hideouts and hoping to get ambushed at the right spots. 

I've pvped sparingly, but have begun to join matches more and more. I'm hoping to improve enough that I quit throwing my controller on the floor. 😉

I've pretty much avoided all the stranger missions. I was hoping to concentrate on them when I found a posse, so still looking forward to that. 

What keeps me going is the possibility of this game. Honestly with just a few tweaks ...

It sounds pretty much like my experience as well. I just hit level 70 the other day and had to take a day or two off for some real life stuff, but the idea of grinding to level 95 seems in reach, so........explosive ammo here I come, griefers beware!! I cant wait.

9 minutes ago, lumper said:

It sounds pretty much like my experience as well. I just hit level 70 the other day and had to take a day or two off for some real life stuff, but the idea of grinding to level 95 seems in reach, so........explosive ammo here I come, griefers beware!! I cant wait.

If they really are griefers they'll just wait out you using up all your explosive ammo and keep coming at you. Plus their satisfaction will be greater knowing you have to collect another load of animal fat to replenish your explosive rounds. 

16 minutes ago, CosmoKramer said:

If they really are griefers they'll just wait out you using up all your explosive ammo and keep coming at you. Plus their satisfaction will be greater knowing you have to collect another load of animal fat to replenish your explosive rounds. 

Nah they arent going to "wait it out"  they are going to die, repeatedly, and hopefully parlay or leave, but if not, it is a simple matter of jumping sessions, crafting up more ammo, using the message system to track them down and jump back to their session, unless they know to mask themselves to pick up where I left off, but this is for extreme cases only, someone who really deserves it.

Otherwise I dont care, revenge is revenge, when I run out of ammo, I can easily go to express, high velocity or even split point, and continue, explosive ammo isnt the only way to kill them, it is just the most fun and de-humanizing so it is my first choice, but the combo of slippery with any ammo still works well, and with my cards lengthening dead eye, and slowing how it gets used means lots and lots of attacks., never without one combined with slippery means even if they are lucky enough to get a head shot in, my hat will block it and I will put on another as I stay on my horse for these 99.99999% of the time.

And hey, Im sure skilled players can fight back and even win in these cases sometimes, it isnt a sure thing at all, but in most cases I can seek revenge now without explosive ammo and do just fine, the extra ammo is just to really highlight their mistake, Im tired of level 14 players griefing, I find high level players never bother me, its only level 30 and under so far.

Edited by lumper

17 minutes ago, lumper said:

I dont care, revenge is revenge, when I run out of ammo, I can easily go to express, high velocity or even split point, and continue, explosive ammo isnt the only way to kill them, it is just the most fun and de-humanizing so it is my first choice

If you want to humiliate them, hog tie them and leave them. 

41 minutes ago, lumper said:

Ya, I actually got a mvp in a match this morning! I assume the other side were all lagging and glitching, cause, well, I wasn't lying when I said I sucked. 😚😉 

I was owned by a level 28 in free roam earlier, so... ya (I think it may have been someone leveling a new character though. They were sure slick. 

I do feel like I'm improving in the pvp area though, so that has me even more motivated now. Level 65 and chugging along.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DNMNetTech said:

If you want to humiliate them, hog tie them and leave them. 

yep, there is that option as well.

Lots of options, which is why I love this game, you can do whatever you want for satisfaction, whatever appeals to you, I enjoy that.