Jump to content

Griefer


llp
 Share

Recommended Posts

Has anyone read or experienced this please help...

The player blip on the minimap was opaque..

They physically appeared normal  in gameplay...

Was in Free Roam in the wild away from town/posts/missions anything...

Killed me but was unable to auto-lock on them...

Dead Eye was NOT active

Player was only lvl 16

Player ran up to me while I was un-armed and in a picking herb animation and killed me. Ok, I never attack players unless provoked. I re-spawn and head to the red. I am fairly certain the player was fully transparent but I could have been wrong. His minimap blip was transparent.  I try to lock on and am unable to.  Is this a new exploit? I know the blip can get that way if you are interacting in shops.... going into a stranger mission, etc...  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, pluck3 said:

he was probably in his camp 

Nope, started in the heartlands, moved down to the Rhodes area... got me many times could not defend myself... tried to cover everything in the original post left out a camp sorry!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'd chalk it up as an odd experience.  You also have the option to report players in-game who are disruptive if you wish.  On PS4 you can also block them although whether that actually prevents them from being paired with you again in a session seems to be up for debate (don't know about XB1).  

If you think someone is using an exploit, hack, etc., you can also submit a video through R* Support (https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/2010103-Texture-problems-on-PS4-PS4-Pro).

There are odd things people report around here that other players do.  Some are legitimate cheats / exploits and others are simply due to lag or something else.  My best advice is to move on.  Hopefully this was a one-time sort of deal or at least something that might occur in rare instances for you.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Kean_1 said:

I'd chalk it up as an odd experience.  You also have the option to report players in-game who are disruptive if you wish.  On PS4 you can also block them although whether that actually prevents them from being paired with you again in a session seems to be up for debate (don't know about XB1).  

If you think someone is using an exploit, hack, etc., you can also submit a video through R* Support (https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/2010103-Texture-problems-on-PS4-PS4-Pro).

There are odd things people report around here that other players do.  Some are legitimate cheats / exploits and others are simply due to lag or something else.  My best advice is to move on.  Hopefully this was a one-time sort of deal or at least something that might occur in rare instances for you.

 

Agreed . Just like I know how to kill someone in their camp if I want/have to. Lots of funky things can happen. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sometimes I get killed by other players and they either show up wrong on the map or not at all. Almost always lower leveled players. I don't think this is any kind of player issued thing, it just happens. If you believe it to be an issue of players abusing a glitch, like Kean said, let Rockstar know. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

was hunting in the heartlands... noticed a 2 man posse heading towards me... killed the follower a few times easy enough because I was on top of a ridge... called my horse, as jackoff knocked my hat off, but noticed the leader was opaque and not advancing... horse wouldn't respond so I killed the follower a couple of more times as I headed towards my horse

the leader was underground UNDER my horse, which he had killed... couldn't lock on to him but he certainly blasted my ass as I approached

should have recorded and reported but I was stoned and didn't really care... parleyed and was WAY pissed off when the scrawny nag showed up instead of my horse with the 10 plus pelts... minus pelts and have to travel to almost rhodes to resolve the issue

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, lumper said:

could it have been slippery bastard?

I do not remember seeing any Dead Eye active on either skirmish... When SB is active does it still have the Dead Eye as the player blip in the mini-map?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

During the weekend i was shot while semi afking in free roam by 2 dudes on a horse. When i respawned i started to chase them to take my revenge naturally and they noticed me doing it and tried to run away. They had a shitty horse so the pursuit was fast over. Both of them took refuge behind a big tree with a wall behind them. Killed both of them easy bcoz they were both low rank. Killed them 3 times for them to take the lesson, rode away for some distance and started to change card setup back to "hunting' mode and then suddenly i saw one of that guy (it was the leader of the posse) chasing me on his horse, completly blurred out (could not lock on to him or shoot him when i aimed "by hand". He was throwing dynamite to kill me so i figured to do the same to him - ended up blasting myself with unstable dynamite lol - too many beers i guess. 

Im seeing more and more of that "anomaly". Can some1 explain here what is this and is it legit or an exploit? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Must be an Xbox thing because the only glitch I see still is people going under the map but they can't, as far as I know, shoot others while they are there. Haven't seen people being greyed out like they had just respawned.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

There is definitely a ghost hack going around. Seen it half a dozen times this week. Have reported all instances to r* and xbox. Over Easter rode into an empty Tumbleweed, spotted 2 ghosted in a wagon. Did not appear on mini map. Sold to the butcher quickly and flick in and out of sales mode to see what the ghosts were doing. Happily executing every player that rode in. Could not shoot them. Dynamite did get them out if the wagon though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Darkvicar said:

There is definitely a ghost hack going around. Seen it half a dozen times this week. Have reported all instances to r* and xbox. Over Easter rode into an empty Tumbleweed, spotted 2 ghosted in a wagon. Did not appear on mini map. Sold to the butcher quickly and flick in and out of sales mode to see what the ghosts were doing. Happily executing every player that rode in. Could not shoot them. Dynamite did get them out if the wagon though.

There is definitely an app for Aim bot, Wall Hack, Invisibility, Auto reload, etc on a hack site. Not sure the validity of the app since I don't use them but they are out.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/19/2019 at 12:28 AM, llp said:

Has anyone read or experienced this please help...

The player blip on the minimap was opaque..

They physically appeared normal  in gameplay...

Was in Free Roam in the wild away from town/posts/missions anything...

Killed me but was unable to auto-lock on them...

Dead Eye was NOT active

Player was only lvl 16

Player ran up to me while I was un-armed and in a picking herb animation and killed me. Ok, I never attack players unless provoked. I re-spawn and head to the red. I am fairly certain the player was fully transparent but I could have been wrong. His minimap blip was transparent.  I try to lock on and am unable to.  Is this a new exploit? I know the blip can get that way if you are interacting in shops.... going into a stranger mission, etc...  

Probably in the glitch that lets players free roam to hunt- do stranger missions & gang hideouts it makes players slightly invisible on the map. Report them, trouble is the people who find these glitches have never been banned?

Edited by Ozy8753
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, DNMNetTech said:

There is definitely an app for Aim bot, Wall Hack, Invisibility, Auto reload, etc on a hack site. Not sure the validity of the app since I don't use them but they are out.

After reading Your post i wanted to check if its there and i found it in 5 secs on google. 

You can buy those cheats from web sites. Dont know if its legit or just a money scam but R* should really look into this. 

  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Due to the ammount of cheater's useing glitch exploit's I have given up on free roam events and now only use them for daily player kills. I will try again after spring update but I cannot see R* doing anything about them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@James Hickok_1837,

Hey James. I know your intentions were good but I removed the description for the hack in your post. I would rather we not have anything repasted here from such sites that might unintentionally promote their purchase/use.  

Personally, I would open a trouble ticket with R* and submit the link to them.  If it does work, it seems users would be able to get away with quite a lot.

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

it never occurred to me to search to see what is in use, sigh... thats sad. BUT should totally be detectable, hopefully R* will address aftermarket paid and updated patch hax, I hate cheaters, its hard enough to get good at a game with skilled players playing it, but it is nearly impossible against cheaters, the main reason I stopped playing Counter strike back in the day.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...