Jump to content

Red & Blue


AnnieGetURGuns
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hi All

Just wondered if anyone has been experiencing this lately;

If I understand correctly red blipped players who are tagged as hostile or aggressive (likely to shoot you or your horse on sight) are more visible from a greater distance on the player map so you can hopefully avoid them and ride the other way.  But recently I have found that there are only a couple of red blips, the rest blue but the blue players are actually aggressive and showing up out of nowhere.  You dont see them until it is too late and they are shooting you in the face and then taking down your horse.  Is this some kind of new glitch or have the Griefers found a way around the only system us non aggressive players have of avoiding the carnage?  It is pretty defeating.  I have actually put the game down until the new update happens in hopes I can actually play without my horse and I dying every 15 seconds.  Maybe I am just misunderstanding how the red  / purple / blue colours work. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have read elsewhere and recent experience seems to confirm that R* will arbitrarily "merge" lobbies together so that nice quiet part of the map you had carefully removed yourself to will suddenly randomly populate with all the usual loons and turn the area into a sh*t show. My normal (when I can be arsed to play these days) m.o is to fast travel from one side of the map to the other at game start for a bit of space. As of late, it seems like R*, don't want me to be out minding my own business and will within half an hour populate "my" side of the map with pewpew types. Duck hunting to maintain stocks of explosive ammo has become an almost daily requirement just to keep down the dirt that keeps turning up on my doorstep with ill intent these days.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Isn't blip colour just based on honour status? So you could have low honour (pink blip) from killing NPCs merely to access the low honour missions and have no intention of attacking any other players or you could have high honour (blue blip) from skinning animals and roam around intent on griefing other players. It doesn't take much skinning to get your honour back up.

Either way, I treat all players the same, potentially hostile until they prove themselves otherwise. The only players I shoot on sight though are the ones that come running at me with a lasso in hand or continue to head towards me after I make several changes of direction.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, AnnieGetURGuns said:

Hi All

Just wondered if anyone has been experiencing this lately;

If I understand correctly red blipped players who are tagged as hostile or aggressive (likely to shoot you or your horse on sight) are more visible from a greater distance on the player map so you can hopefully avoid them and ride the other way.  But recently I have found that there are only a couple of red blips, the rest blue but the blue players are actually aggressive and showing up out of nowhere.  You dont see them until it is too late and they are shooting you in the face and then taking down your horse.  Is this some kind of new glitch or have the Griefers found a way around the only system us non aggressive players have of avoiding the carnage?  It is pretty defeating.  I have actually put the game down until the new update happens in hopes I can actually play without my horse and I dying every 15 seconds.  Maybe I am just misunderstanding how the red  / purple / blue colours work. 

This is where R*'s system is currently flawed. Players showing up as red blips could have gotten that way by only killing NPCs and could be completely harmless to you. Meanwhile, players showing up as blue blips can just as easily ride up to you and blow your head off. They just haven't done it enough to other players yet for the game to consider them as hostile. The moral of the story is to keep your guard up regardless of the color of the other players blips.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am finding many new players, lower ranked players, are starting off and experimenting and often are aggressive.

So when you see blue blips, and they arent obvious until they are upon you,  when they act aggressively it makes it tough, the whole point of blue vs red was to protect the blue non aggressive blips from the more aggressive red blips.

I dont know why they arent upgraded to red as soon as they attack a few people, but it seems that many are not.

 

The problem with this is you cant trust them, so I have been telling new players (I met a level 5 yesterday) how it works, but I had to add to my advice, "lately blue blips under level 25 have proven to be hostile, so be careful, when you see anyone approach you at speed especially just be prepared for a possible fight, have your weapons ready and if you have a mic use it, introduce yourself, ask them not to grief you, tell them what you are doing , I find this can diffuse a lot of situations, I know it stopped a few attacks in my case."

It doesnt always work, but it does help.

Also, any player can spend gold to buy their honor back, so a red blip can be a blue blip anytime they want for some gold in game.

When I see three new players, a level 5, a 12 and a 14 hanging around a level 61 all in a posse and all around Rhodes lets say, I know enough to avoid the butcher in Rhodes for the time being.

Its not that I cant dispatch 4 newer players I just would rather not lose my carcasses and stowed animals if I am in a grind for something, I will wait them out or go to another butcher, whereas if I see the same thing, 4 players, but over level 61, say a couple 125's and a 90 I know 90% of the time, they arent griefers, even if they are red blips,  and getting to the butcher wont be a problem, so... take it for what it is, know your place and dont trust anyone 100% but new players the least, as they are unpredictable.

Edited by lumper
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, lumper said:

I am finding many new players, lower ranked players, are starting off and experimenting and often are aggressive.

So when you see blue blips, and they arent obvious until they are upon you,  when they act aggressively it makes it tough, the whole point of blue vs red was to protect the blue non aggressive blips from the more aggressive red blips.

I dont know why they arent upgraded to red as soon as they attack a few people, but it seems that many are not.

 

The problem with this is you cant trust them, so I have been telling new players (I met a level 5 yesterday) how it works, but I had to add to my advice, "lately blue blips under level 25 have proven to be hostile, so be careful, when you see anyone approach you at speed especially just be prepared for a possible fight, have your weapons ready and if you have a mic use it, introduce yourself, ask them not to grief you, tell them what you are doing , I find this can diffuse a lot of situations, I know it stopped a few attacks in my case."

It doesnt always work, but it does help.

Also, any player can spend gold to buy their honor back, so a red blip can be a blue blip anytime they want for some gold in game.

When I see three new players, a level 5, a 12 and a 14 hanging around a level 61 all in a posse and all around Rhodes lets say, I know enough to avoid the butcher in Rhodes for the time being.

Its not that I cant dispatch 4 newer players I just would rather not lose my carcasses and stowed animals if I am in a grind for something, I will wait them out or go to another butcher, whereas if I see the same thing, 4 players, but over level 61, say a couple 125's and a 90 I know 90% of the time, they arent griefers, even if they are red blips,  and getting to the butcher wont be a problem, so... take it for what it is, know your place and dont trust anyone 100% but new players the least, as they are unpredictable.

100% low levels haven't been tought the ethics of the West yet. They are learning the hard way ! Lol 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks to all of you for your replies.  I guess I will have to just keep my guard up at all times but it makes it a bit stressful.  If I am honest, I can recover from being shot but they go for my horse deliberately and that does actually make me a bit angry.  I know they are supposed to pay a damage fee but they don't seem to care.  Thank you for the advice and hopefully RS will improve this all with the upcoming Spring update. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, AnnieGetURGuns said:

Thanks to all of you for your replies.  I guess I will have to just keep my guard up at all times but it makes it a bit stressful.  If I am honest, I can recover from being shot but they go for my horse deliberately and that does actually make me a bit angry.  I know they are supposed to pay a damage fee but they don't seem to care.  Thank you for the advice and hopefully RS will improve this all with the upcoming Spring update. 

Just remember it's a game. Try not to let the A$$ get to you. Enjoy as much of it as you can. Ride hard and keep the saddle side up.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, AnnieGetURGuns said:

Thanks to all of you for your replies.  I guess I will have to just keep my guard up at all times but it makes it a bit stressful.  If I am honest, I can recover from being shot but they go for my horse deliberately and that does actually make me a bit angry.  I know they are supposed to pay a damage fee but they don't seem to care.  Thank you for the advice and hopefully RS will improve this all with the upcoming Spring update. 

Yeah, the Spring update will have even more "anti-griefing" features that could help.  

Something else I should mention which I don't think gets touted enough is the RDR2 iOS / Android app.  You can have this running while in game and see the big map without having to switch to it on your monitor.  You can zoom out / in, see some potential threats before you would on your minimap, etc.  It just provides an extra level of situational awareness.  You can also use it while fishing since your minimap disappears during this activity but the app will still show what's around you.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Kean_1 said:

Yeah, the Spring update will have even more "anti-griefing" features that could help.  

Something else I should mention which I don't think gets touted enough is the RDR2 iOS / Android app.  You can have this running while in game and see the big map without having to switch to it on your monitor.  You can zoom out / in, see some potential threats before you would on your minimap, etc.  It just provides an extra level of situational awareness.  You can also use it while fishing since your minimap disappears during this activity but the app will still show what's around you.

How many people can use it though? I know I can't.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, AnnieGetURGuns said:

Thanks to all of you for your replies.  I guess I will have to just keep my guard up at all times but it makes it a bit stressful.  If I am honest, I can recover from being shot but they go for my horse deliberately and that does actually make me a bit angry.  I know they are supposed to pay a damage fee but they don't seem to care.  Thank you for the advice and hopefully RS will improve this all with the upcoming Spring update. 

I know how you feel, each of us has been through some very similar stuff.

One thing I can tell you, if they shoot your horse, it sucks because you will lose your carcasses and stowed animals but thats it, you can call in another horse from the stable if you own one, or sometimes you can save your horse with revive.

If you have a second horse you will be able to call it and keep fighting.

Shooting your horse out from under you is a means of stopping you from escaping and from getting to your weapons,  so no people dont care about the $4, although I think it should cost a lot more.

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, Vaderspupil said:

How many people can use it though? I know I can't.

What can I tell you?  I don't have any idea what devices folks have out there or what OS they are running.  

I do know that the app will require a more recent Android OS to run.  It didn't work on my previous phone which was about 4 years old.  I have no idea about IOS as ih ave no Apple devices.

Try it.  If it works on your device, then it works.  If it doesn't, then it doesn't.  .....pretty simple really.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Kean_1 said:

Something else I should mention which I don't think gets touted enough is the RDR2 iOS / Android app.  You can have this running while in game and see the big map without having to switch to it on your monitor.  You can zoom out / in, see some potential threats before you would on your minimap, etc.  It just provides an extra level of situational awareness.  You can also use it while fishing since your minimap disappears during this activity but the app will still show what's around you.

Doesn't work with Samsung Galaxy 7. Known issue with R*. Bummer I don't wanna get a new phone.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, DNMNetTech said:

Doesn't work with Samsung Galaxy 7. Known issue with R*. Bummer I don't wanna get a new phone.

Yeah, that is a bummer.  I find the app extremely useful and quite frankly, feel naked playing without it.  

My old phone just happened to be on its last leg when I got came across a killer deal on a Moto Z3.  I tried it again on that phone and it worked.  I would never get a new phone just for a game.  .....I don't blame you

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yeah, the coloured blips/hostility level system doesn't work at all as blue blips can become red blips through justifiable self defence and red blips can pay to become blue blips with gold. The whole hostility system is a sad joke, it's better to go by your own judgement when another player is approaching you.

When RDO first dropped I never shot anyone first no matter how shady/hostile they appeared to be but RDO is more like GTAO than RDR Multiplayer and has a mostly hostile community, there's always someone ready to dome you.

Before GTAO I didn't have an opinion on tryhards but after playing GTAO for a fair few years I don't trust them or like them in the slightest and that's why the only people I shoot on sight in RDO are tryhards because they seem to be the only overly hostile/problem players for me at least, anytime I see a player with Never Without One or Slow & Steady coming my way I just shoot them.

RDO's first update has been a real shitshow in my opinion so I won't have much confidence in future updates until I see a good one, I don't think the anti-griefing systems Rockstar are including in the Spring update are gonna fix the problems Rockstar want them to, I think these new systems are just gonna make for more problems but I hope I'm wrong.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Archbell said:

anytime I see a player with Never Without One or Slow & Steady coming my way I just shoot them.

So anybody that's trying to give themselves the best chance of survival against griefers you shoot on sight? Interesting. 

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, CosmoKramer said:

So anybody that's trying to give themselves the best chance of survival against griefers you shoot on sight? Interesting. 

Yeah, every time I see one coming my way I blast them and I've heard players state all the various reasons why they use those Cards but almost every random player that I've run into with those Cards has been toxic so I can't exactly trust someone with those Cards to be friendly just on the off chance that they're that 1 in 100.

I shoot them on sight for the same reason that I would immediately shoot a player on GTAO who came my way looking like this.

image.png.843b2a742d23b8f2d48289248e7a63c2.png

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Archbell said:

Yeah, every time I see one coming my way I blast them and I've heard players state all the various reasons why they use those Cards but almost every random player that I've run into with those Cards has been toxic so I can't exactly trust someone with those Cards to be friendly just on the off chance that they're that 1 in 100.

I shoot them on sight for the same reason that I would immediately shoot a player on GTAO who came my way looking like this.

image.png.843b2a742d23b8f2d48289248e7a63c2.png

This is the problem.

I know a lot of people (myself included) who, just like CosmoKramer, it sounds like, run those two cards specifically to give a chance against the 'random headshotter' (to avoid the term 'griefer').  In fact, the only passive protection you have against those players is Never Without One.  

Bad people (AKA A$$hats) use the card because it is, all ways up, the most powerful card in the game. 

I really don't think it's sustainable to argue that NWO use = A$$hat player, unless you're arguing that everyone's an A$$hat.

Maybe your actions are self fulfilling?  If someone randomly headshots me, and knocks my hat off, I will then go after them until they're dead (usually several times, to make a point).  So, we have the following scenario:

- I ride somewhere in your vicinity with my usual card loadout.

- you see S&S and NWO, and despite me making no hostile move, you decide I must be an A$$hat, and shoot me.

- I take exception to being attacked in a random and unprovoked fashion, and come after you, guns blazing.

- You feel justified in shooting me, because I'm obviously an A$$hat, you just managed to get your retaliation in first.

- I feel justified in returning fire, and in using NWO, because it protects me from (apparent) A$$hats like you who will randomly headshot me while I'm minding my own business.

That's no way to live. 

 

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, Harlock1796 said:

This is the problem.

I know a lot of people (myself included) who, just like CosmoKramer, it sounds like, run those two cards specifically to give a chance against the 'random headshotter' (to avoid the term 'griefer').  In fact, the only passive protection you have against those players is Never Without One.  

Bad people (AKA A$$hats) use the card because it is, all ways up, the most powerful card in the game. 

I really don't think it's sustainable to argue that NWO use = A$$hat player, unless you're arguing that everyone's an A$$hat.

Maybe your actions are self fulfilling?  If someone randomly headshots me, and knocks my hat off, I will then go after them until they're dead (usually several times, to make a point).  So, we have the following scenario:

- I ride somewhere in your vicinity with my usual card loadout.

- you see S&S and NWO, and despite me making no hostile move, you decide I must be an A$$hat, and shoot me.

- I take exception to being attacked in a random and unprovoked fashion, and come after you, guns blazing.

- You feel justified in shooting me, because I'm obviously an A$$hat, you just managed to get your retaliation in first.

- I feel justified in returning fire, and in using NWO, because it protects me from (apparent) A$$hats like you who will randomly headshot me while I'm minding my own business.

That's no way to live. 

 

I make judgments on whether a player is likely to be hostile based off previous experience that I have had in the game, if my experience with S&S and NWO users was a mixed bag I wouldn't be so quick to shoot them.

For the first 2-3 months I didn't shoot anybody on sight, I was completely passive until I was killed but I found myself getting constantly shot for no reason by players hungry for kills. The kind of players who did and still do shoot me are varied, high levels, low levels, NWO users and non NWO users but the reason I shoot NWO/S&S users on sight is because every NWO/S&S user I came across bar three killed me for no reason.

I can't defend myself against every hostile player, I can't foresee what every player will do but if a particular kind of player is persistently toxic towards me I'm gonna shoot them on sight, I'm not gonna take the risk.

I don't mind being seen as an A$$hat, I've found the game far less frustrating and far more enjoyable since I started shooting NWO/S&S users on sight. I may go back to how I played at launch and become passive again in a few months to see if things have changed but for now I'm not letting them near me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On ‎5‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 1:53 AM, AnnieGetURGuns said:

Hi All

Just wondered if anyone has been experiencing this lately;

If I understand correctly red blipped players who are tagged as hostile or aggressive (likely to shoot you or your horse on sight) are more visible from a greater distance on the player map so you can hopefully avoid them and ride the other way.  But recently I have found that there are only a couple of red blips, the rest blue but the blue players are actually aggressive and showing up out of nowhere.  You dont see them until it is too late and they are shooting you in the face and then taking down your horse.  Is this some kind of new glitch or have the Griefers found a way around the only system us non aggressive players have of avoiding the carnage?  It is pretty defeating.  I have actually put the game down until the new update happens in hopes I can actually play without my horse and I dying every 15 seconds.  Maybe I am just misunderstanding how the red  / purple / blue colours work. 

 

The blip colors doesn't take anything in context.  

 

Red simply means players who have killed a lot recently.   

Purple..  killed some players but not much.

Blue..  Barely killed anyone recently.

 

Its got nothing to do with being hostile or griefing.   Despite what R* claims.   You can get your blip red just by having fist fights with friends.

 

A blue blip player could target you for no reason... You end up killing the player over and over again in self defense,  Your blip is now Red.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

 

The blip colors doesn't take anything in context.  

 

Red simply means players who have killed a lot recently.   

Purple..  killed some players but not much.

Blue..  Barely killed anyone recently.

 

Its got nothing to do with being hostile or griefing.   Despite what R* claims.   You can get your blip red just by having fist fights with friends.

 

A blue blip player could target you for no reason... You end up killing the player over and over again in self defense,  Your blip is now Red.

That sums it up perfectly. I was bright red the other day because two players kept trying to kill me. They failed but as a result I was red because they couldn't take a hint. Well done R* , well done. 

Edited by Savage_Reaper
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Harlock1796 said:

This is the problem.

I know a lot of people (myself included) who, just like CosmoKramer, it sounds like, run those two cards specifically to give a chance against the 'random headshotter' (to avoid the term 'griefer').  In fact, the only passive protection you have against those players is Never Without One.  

Bad people (AKA A$$hats) use the card because it is, all ways up, the most powerful card in the game. 

I really don't think it's sustainable to argue that NWO use = A$$hat player, unless you're arguing that everyone's an A$$hat.

Maybe your actions are self fulfilling?  If someone randomly headshots me, and knocks my hat off, I will then go after them until they're dead (usually several times, to make a point).  So, we have the following scenario:

- I ride somewhere in your vicinity with my usual card loadout.

- you see S&S and NWO, and despite me making no hostile move, you decide I must be an A$$hat, and shoot me.

- I take exception to being attacked in a random and unprovoked fashion, and come after you, guns blazing.

- You feel justified in shooting me, because I'm obviously an A$$hat, you just managed to get your retaliation in first.

- I feel justified in returning fire, and in using NWO, because it protects me from (apparent) A$$hats like you who will randomly headshot me while I'm minding my own business.

That's no way to live. 

 

I must take @Harlock1796 side on this. We usually have at least 2 or 3 posses running at any given time and most if not all have nwo equipped to prevent the one shot grieve kill. Our main rule is the Angels will never ever fire the first shot.  If an Angel dies by hostile guns we don't care what your motive is or your fears are your going dirt napping my friend. Believe me !! We bother no one ever ! And again we usually have have at least 14 to 21 guns riding at any given time. Go ahead and shoot one of us because we have nwo. You will receive no mercy my fellow gunslinger. Happy trails !

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

A blue blip player could target you for no reason... You end up killing the player over and over again in self defense,  Your blip is now Red.

.....which is going to change in the Spring Update so you are able to defend yourself without being penalized/turned red yourself.   ......but I know that won't make a difference for some.  

Like Chris and others, I use the NWO perk as a means of self defense as many do I would expect.  .....but then again, I will shoot first when someone appears to be riding up on with purpose while I'm off trail.  Rarely had an experience where someone had good intentions in that scenario in the past so I don;t take chances.

.....but the whole NWO choice might change as the new update will also include a passive mode that will essentially provide similar protection.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Kean_1 said:

.....which is going to change in the Spring Update so you are able to defend yourself without being penalized/turned red yourself.   ......but I know that won't make a difference for some.  

Mostly because the only true fix was invite only lobbies and leaving the game bare as bones.  Simple fixes are the best fixes.  

 

Next update won't penalize someone from defending themselves is what R* claims.  But as someone whos been 10 steps ahead of R* logic for years now.  I can already point out problems even tho the next update isn't out yet.  Hell the current problems everyone is complaining about now, are things I pointed out would happen long before the blip/bounty system was added.

And then there's Defensive mode.. AKA.  The ability to troll players while using a protective magical shield.       And at the same time, starting free roam missions and then attacking defensive mode players.

If only this game was in a Beta.  R* could fix and tweaks things on a daily/weekly basis.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

8 hours ago, Archbell said:

Yeah, the coloured blips/hostility level system doesn't work at all as blue blips can become red blips through justifiable self defence and red blips can pay to become blue blips with gold. The whole hostility system is a sad joke, it's better to go by your own judgement when another player is approaching you.

When RDO first dropped I never shot anyone first no matter how shady/hostile they appeared to be but RDO is more like GTAO than RDR Multiplayer and has a mostly hostile community, there's always someone ready to dome you.

Before GTAO I didn't have an opinion on tryhards but after playing GTAO for a fair few years I don't trust them or like them in the slightest and that's why the only people I shoot on sight in RDO are tryhards because they seem to be the only overly hostile/problem players for me at least, anytime I see a player with Never Without One or Slow & Steady coming my way I just shoot them.

RDO's first update has been a real shitshow in my opinion so I won't have much confidence in future updates until I see a good one, I don't think the anti-griefing systems Rockstar are including in the Spring update are gonna fix the problems Rockstar want them to, I think these new systems are just gonna make for more problems but I hope I'm wrong.

See, you are definitely part of the problem, you shouldnt just blanket say, everyone with an aggressive loadout is my enemy and I will shoot them even if they arent doing anything at all to me, thats just lame.

The reason most of us run Ability cards like the ones you mentioned are, for one to upgrade them to tier 3, the only way to level up, is to equip the card and then earn xp while you have it equipped, so everyone is running their cards in free roam so they can level up, others wear them in case they are attacked, and I run them for both of those reasons plus so when I join pvp I am ready and equipped.

Just because I have an aggressive loadout doesnt mean you get to shoot me, thats a lame excuse to shoot people.

If you took a more civilized approach, the rdr2 world would be a better place.

But ok, that is how you play, fine, this is why we ALL have to wait while Rockstar implements a hostility system to protect the community from people like you that act like you do in game.

Ive never shot first, ever, and I can tell you, 80% of the time, its just fine, the other 20% were going to shoot no matter what I did.

When I am shot at ok worst case is I lose carcasses and stowed animals, thats it, otherwise I re spawn, go back to what I was doing, so there is no reason to shoot first, thats just an excuse maybe because you are bored and want confrontation or maybe you just dont like anyone and you dont have friends and this is your way, more power to you if that is how you want to play, but you shouldnt be making others play the game YOU want to play, leave them alone to play the game they want to play, if they attack you, then have at it, you can go get your revenge, but being an aggressive player makes you part of the problem, at least in free roam.

I ve never understood why players chose to hang in free roam and shoot players, just join any one of the many pvp modes, go shoot til your hearts content, many of us use Free roam to craft, level up, buy stuff, explore, etc.. not for killing, the killing happens in pvp, free roam is where I go to get ready for it, clean my guns, load up on ammo, buy something I want to use, etc.. and while I am doing all of that, in this incredible game, I dont need to be shot by a paranoid dude who doesnt like the look of my cards, gtfo.

Rockstar gave us this awesome system, free roam is like a huge lobby for pvp, where players can meet up, earn xp, cash, and gold, practice on npc's and find treasures, etc..

and people are ruining this incredible feature by going around needlessly shooting at people just trying to use the game the way it was intended.

I love hearing the reasons, your reason is that you are paranoid, and afraid, ok, thats fair enough.

I would like to offer you one suggestion, a mic, a free ear bud, or 5$ cheapo, put on a mic, so you can talk to free roamers, it is easy enough to issue a warning, and it works.

I have diffused many situations with a mic just by explaining, hey, Im not a griefer, Im hunting, no worries man you dont have to worry about being shot in the back from me, etc... this has stopped a lot of needless attacks and even made a few friends.

Edited by lumper
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

Mostly because the only true fix was invite only lobbies and leaving the game bare as bones.  Simple fixes are the best fixes.  

Next update won't penalize someone from defending themselves is what R* claims.  But as someone whos been 10 steps ahead of R* logic for years now.  I can already point out problems even tho the next update isn't out yet.  Hell the current problems everyone is complaining about now, are things I pointed out would happen long before the blip/bounty system was added.

And then there's Defensive mode.. AKA.  The ability to troll players while using a protective magical shield.       And at the same time, starting free roam missions and then attacking defensive mode players.

If only this game was in a Beta.  R* could fix and tweaks things on a daily/weekly basis.

Personally, I never had a problem with the blip system and in fact, it made life even easier for me.  

I never trusted players before that change and still don't now (regardless of color).  When someone is red, it makes no difference to me if they were killing NPCs or real people but at least now, I can avoid them much easier and they don't know exactly where I am.  As for blue dots, they have the same advantages and disadvantages I have.  I just stay aware of my surroundings and approach / avoid with caution as I would anyone else before any of this was implemented.  I actually like it more now as run-ins with other players feel more random vs. knowing where everyone is on the map at any given time.  I liked the idea folks were pitching about proximity blips before the betsa hit and I really like it now.  ....as well as the color system.

Seems RDO isn't turning out to be anything you would have liked it to be and I'm sorry you can't find the game enjoyable.  I don't see these changes at all in the light you do but that's just a matter of a difference of opinion. ....nothing wrong with that.

6 minutes ago, lumper said:

Just because I have an aggressive loadout doesnt mean you get to shoot me, thats a lame excuse to shoot people.

If you took a more civilized approach, the rdr2 world would be a better place.

But ok, that is how you play, fine, this is why we ALL have to wait while Rockstar implements a hostility system to protect the community from people like you that act like you do in game......

 

.......I love hearing the reasons, your reason is that you are paranoid, and afraid, ok, thats fair enough.

I would like to offer you one suggestion, a mic, a free ear bud, or 5$ cheapo, put on a mic, so you can talk to free roamers, it is easy enough to issue a warning, and it works.

I have diffused many situations with a mick just by explaining, hey, Im not a griefer, Im hunting, no worries man you dont have to worry about being shot in the back from me, etc... this has stopped a lot of needless attacks and even made a few friends.

I couldn't disagree with  you more on this.  

Your painting a picture of Arch as someone who is seeking out players to indiscriminately kill when that's not the case at all.  I'll tell you this.....  I believe there is an etiquette that "civilized" players do and should follow when interacting with other players they don't know. For example.....   

  • When passing on roads I give a wide berth.
  • I never approach someone while they are vulnerable (e.g. fishing, skinning an animal, etc.).
  • In town, I don't hang around someone or in places that would make my intentions seems suspicious (next to the butcher, etc.).  I do my business and move on if I see others.
  • I never make a bee line for someone off the trail.
  • I never tail someone by matching their moves.

Personally, I think this is all common sense if your intentions are truly honorable.  Your suggestion is to give everyone the benefit of the doubt but my experience is that route will only get you killed most times. 

I would pass players all the time in town or on the road that never did me harm but then again, they seem to follow the same rules of etiquette I do too by making themselves appear non-threatening.  ......but, if you make moves or take actions that appear aggressive, I have no problem with someone who takes them out first.  Hell, I wouldn't blame them if they killed me for being just as stupid.  

This is nothing like the griefer mentality you describe.  It also has nothing to do with being frightened or paranoid.  .....it's due to personal experience in most cases. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You said, 

"Your painting a picture of Arch as someone who is seeking out players to indiscriminately kill when that's not the case at all."

But he said,

"anytime I see a player with Never Without One or Slow & Steady coming my way I just shoot them."

So.. I disagree with your assessment,  he clearly is paranoid of players with certain loadouts and of his own admission said he shoots them on sight for no reason if they have those cards loaded, that is paranoid and afraid and aggressive.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, lumper said:

You said, 

"Your painting a picture of Arch as someone who is seeking out players to indiscriminately kill when that's not the case at all."

But he said,

"anytime I see a player with Never Without One or Slow & Steady coming my way I just shoot them."

So.. I disagree with your assessment,  he clearly is paranoid of players with certain loadouts and of his own admission said he shoots them on sight for no reason if they have those cards loaded, that is paranoid and afraid and aggressive.

....meh.  I guess it all depends on what he means by "coming my way".  I've shot people coming my way too especially when I'm off trail and they make no effort to change course once we appear on minimap to one another.  

Personally, I don't make a it habit of approaching people so I rarely have problems with being shot (see my etiquette remarks).  As for profiling, I don't agree with his logic on that one but I also do it too.  If I see a player with a name like IHUNTUDOWN or such, yeah, you better believe my trust level is zero.

....as for mics, I hardly ever talk to randoms in the game world.  First, I find most annoying and the comms between my teammates are not as clear as they are when using private chat.  I've also had a bad experience with rude folks whether that was through racial slurs/insults, eating, digestion noises, kids, incoherent mumblings, playing music, etc.  ....no thanks.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...