Check your daily streak

llp

EDIT: So yesterday R* did respond... basically telling me what we all knew that it is "something they are aware of and the last thing they want is to set me back in any progress." They did compensate my account with some gold but not able to re-enstate the streak.

I'd still recommend everyone to at least report it.... it is what it is

So today I logged on to discover my daily challenge streak has been reset.... I was over 80 days without missing. I will be submitting a ticket but am curious if I am alone on this?  

Edited by llp

When they reply back that are aware of an issue, that's usually a good thing IME.  I've reported several issues since the release and whenever they told me that, I have seen fixes come out that resolve the problem for me.  

Also, not all of their 1st tier reps get the word so they go through their script to clear cache, etc.  .....and sometimes folks come across problems that are simply not far reaching enough to show up on their radar.  

In this case however, looks like it will get resolved.  .....most likely in a hotfix.  Sometimes these problems can be fixed on their end and don't require a push of a patch, etc.  If that's the case, I hope they at least tell people it's taken care of.

On 9/14/2019 at 9:41 AM, Dbuck64 said:

Right now they are aware of it, but there is no fix yet.  I suggest opening a ticket just to get your name out there.

I’m thinking they might toss us a gold bar package or something once they get it figured out.

Just put my ticket in this morning.  I should have been day 7 of 7 and on my first daily this morning it reset to day 1 of 7.  I will go for gold package lol

Here is the response they gave me,

Thank you for contacting Rockstar Support. 

Thank you to let us know the issue and we are looking into it to fix.

We apologize that your streak was reset in Red Dead Online instead. We apologize for the inconvenience caused. we are looking into it to fix.

Your kind understanding is highly appreciated in this matter.

If you have any further queries or concerns, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Best regards,

Niles S. 
Rockstar Support 

Seems kinda lame but oh well....

12 hours ago, CosmoKramer said:

Careful what you wish for - with all the new role-based challenges to do I’m pretty certain I’m going to be down some gold despite the compensation. 

Yes, sorry, you're right, the Xbox has just been so weirdly stable for me since I got it that glitches seem like things that happen only on the internet.  Can't believe that I said that out loud!

11 hours ago, BropolloCreed79 said:

Came here for a discussion about soiled undergarments.  Leaving disappointed.

You, sir, just made me laugh out loud and spill my morning coffee.  Chapeau.

• Haha 1

On 9/14/2019 at 11:07 AM, llp said:

EDIT: So yesterday R* did respond... basically telling me what we all knew that it is "something they are aware of and the last thing they want is to set me back in any progress." They did compensate my account with some gold but not able to re-enstate the streak.

I'd still recommend everyone to at least report it.... it is what it is

So today I logged on to discover my daily challenge streak has been reset.... I was over 80 days without missing. I will be submitting a ticket but am curious if I am alone on this?  

So, my streak is currently at 95 days.

BUT I am getting .20 payouts instead of what I was getting 1 gold bar per.

I did notice the other day I got paid .5 for some, so I am just confused.

I wrote to Rockstar to report this because for them to show a certain number of people playing the game everyday they offered us an incentive for doing consecutive daily challenges, I spent over 255 gold bars on this update with the idea that Ill just earn it back rapidly, but now I am getting 5x less gold than I was.

Rockstar got back to me and said they are aware and here have 5 gold bars!!

I was rather insulted at the gesture, I mean Sunday I did 14 daily challenges, I would normally expect 14 gold bars for that instead I got 3.5, they owe me 10.5 gold bars from just Sunday, I estimate they owe me upwards of 60 bars of gold and counting.

So I wrote them back and told them that, I havent heard back yet.

But I went through a lot of trouble some days to make sure I got my daily's done so I wouldnt reset the streak, and they offered us a bonus for doing that so meh, I want my gold.

I had 31 days, missed a Saturday then started over, now I am at 95 days and counting, but the payouts since the update have been a fraction of what was promised.

Anyway I have heard from lots of people with this issue, some have gotten all the gold replaced while others have gotten a token amount back, so if you are having the issue, I urge you to report it.

Edited by lumper
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, lumper said:

So, my streak is currently at 95 days.

BUT I am getting .20 payouts instead of what I was getting 1 gold bar per.

I did notice the other day I got paid .5 for some, so I am just confused.

I wrote to Rockstar to report this because for them to show a certain number of people playing the game everyday they offered us an incentive for doing consecutive daily challenges, I spent over 255 gold bars on this update with the idea that Ill just earn it back rapidly, but now I am getting 5x less gold than I was.

Rockstar got back to me and said they are aware and here have 5 gold bars!!

I was rather insulted at the gesture, I mean Sunday I did 14 daily challenges, I would normally expect 14 gold bars for that instead I got 3.5, they owe me 10.5 gold bars from just Sunday, I estimate they owe me upwards of 60 bars of gold and counting.

So I wrote them back and told them that, I havent heard back yet.

But I went through a lot of trouble some days to make sure I got my daily's done so I wouldnt reset the streak, and they offered us a bonus for doing that so meh, I want my gold.

I had 31 days, missed a Saturday then started over, now I am at 95 days and counting, but the payouts since the update have been a fraction of what was promised.

Anyway I have heard from lots of people with this issue, some have gotten all the gold replaced while others have gotten a token amount back, so if you are having the issue, I urge you to report it.

1 Gold was Before the update,  0,5 is the normal, i get 0,5 gb for most dailies, 0,2 for some.

1 hour ago, zosma2000 said:

1 Gold was Before the update,  0,5 is the normal, i get 0,5 gb for most dailies, 0,2 for some.

I see ok, well .5 would be better than the .20 I am getting now, I did 11, 10, 10, 12, 12, 14, 10, 11, 12, 12, I should have around 55 or so bars from the days Ive done since the update, instead I have gotten closer to 20 bars for my efforts.

The xp is pouring in but not the gold.

I went from 183 to 193 in less than a week since the update, its been crazy how fast I am leveling up, I just wish the gold would get back to an amount that really adds up with ddaily activity.

Having got my daily streak back up to level 2 since the reset I notice that the multiplier only affects the original daily challenges and not the role-based ones - hence the confusion above about getting 0.2 not 0.5 gb for some challenges. Seems like the 50gb is decent compensation after all.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, parkenman said:

My streak went back to zero today.  What's the point of trying to keep a streak if it is always going to just go back to zero after a day or two?

It's obviously a problem.  The only thing folks can do is make to continue reporting the issue.  Personally, I wouldn't count on trying to maintain any kind of streak right now until they fix it or you're just going to be beating your head against the wall.

On 9/20/2019 at 9:35 AM, James Hickok_1837 said:

I reported my 108 day streak gone on the 18th and still no answer ..... 

I got the answer 5 days ago and they gave me 5 GOLD BARS !!!!! 5 gold bars recompensation for my 108 day streak its a laugh. 

The best thing is that my streak resseted again when i was on day 7th.... now im on day 3 again.   Crazy. I said to them that i want more gold bars for the issue. Im waiting for reply. 

38 minutes ago, James Hickok_1837 said:

I got the answer 5 days ago and they gave me 5 GOLD BARS !!!!! 5 gold bars recompensation for my 108 day streak its a laugh. 

The best thing is that my streak resseted again when i was on day 7th.... now im on day 3 again.   Crazy. I said to them that i want more gold bars for the issue. Im waiting for reply. 

I wonder if they changed their compensation policy in the knowledge that they had a fix coming on Tuesday? Or they had no way of telling which players had a valid claim and the sheer volume of cases caused management to stomp on the compensation?

That doesn't change the fact you should be compensated properly though. When I got the 50 bars I was thinking that's not going to cover 21 days of getting way less gold than I could be earning, what with the new challenges paying gold too. Luckily for me there was then the bug (now fixed) that the multiplier didn't work on the role challenges so I wasn't losing as much. Now I'll probably just about break even or thereabouts.

Good luck, I hope you get a positive outcome from R* Support.

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, SimonTemplar said:

My streak got to 14 last week and then reset, and then got to nine last night and then reset again, so whatever the issue is it isn't fixed.

Only just got my multiplier back up to 2, would be gutted to see it drop again now the role based challenges are paying out properly.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CosmoKramer said:

Only just got my multiplier back up to 2, would be gutted to see it drop again now the role based challenges are paying out properly.

Yes quite - I just try to keep very busy to pick up 0.2 bars here and there, but it has taken a bit of graft to hoard 50 gold bars the long way.  I'm past even bothering to raise a ticket tbh - I try to just build a stack of cash by maximising the impact of my game time and try to forget that bigger multipliers are theoretically possible.  Has taken a while to upgrade my camp, though!

On the subject of daily challenges, one of today's (Friday Sept 27) was to supply Cripps with 6 large carcasses. Easy enough I suppose but for some reason it wouldn't accept them en-masse from my hunting wagon, (Cripps accepted them but they didn't count towards the daily challenge total). I had to do it in ones & twos with my horse.

Edited by Soulmod