Zombie-like NPCs found in RDO

Parzival

1 hour ago, Parzival said:

I'd personally prefer an Undead Nightmare story DLC (as I've stated before) even though I'm 99% sure it won't happen, but at least this seems to be some kind of acknowledgement from Rockstar that there are fans out there who want it.

Yeah, I don't see R* releasing any kind of separate DLC for RDO.  That wouldn't fit their model.  Maybe as a story mission of sorts or a special event for all during Halloween?

I enjoyed Undead Nightmare in RDR1.

5 hours ago, Kean_1 said:

Yeah, I don't see R* releasing any kind of separate DLC for RDO.  That wouldn't fit their model.  Maybe as a story mission of sorts or a special event for all during Halloween?

I enjoyed Undead Nightmare in RDR1.

I meant as a story DLC.

With all the stuff posted lately, i dont even think its a "Bug" or texture Glitch on the faces of many of the dead NPC´s .. Really!

If it was, they would have been fixed by now.

I really do believe, that Rockstar will add a Zombie DLC, or somewhat Undead Nightmare DLC to the online part. 

Maybe even add it as a part of halloween in October. I think they really are teasing. 

17 hours ago, Kean_1 said:

Oh, the campaign you mean?  

Yeah, like RDR1's Undead Nightmare expansion.

But as I said, I'm 99% sure it won't happen. Not going to stop me from bitching about it, though. You know me. lol

Edited by Parzival

9 hours ago, Parzival said:

Yeah, like RDR1's Undead Nightmare expansion.

But as I said, I'm 99% sure it won't happen. Not going to stop me from bitching about it, though. You know me. lol

Yeah, you're right.  I don't know why I completely brain farted on that one.  It was a DLC tied to the campaign.  

.....but yeah, like you I doubt there will be one (or maybe any DLC) for RDR2.  Seems they really want folks to use RDO as an NG+ experience for lack of a better term.  They've obviously tried to make it a lot more PvE friendly.  

It's a shame though, I would have liked a unique UN2 experience although it would definitely be fun with friends.  My memory is obviously crap...  Could you partner up with folks in UN1 or was it solo only?

5 hours ago, Kean_1 said:

Yeah, you're right.  I don't know why I completely brain farted on that one.  It was a DLC tied to the campaign.  

.....but yeah, like you I doubt there will be one (or maybe any DLC) for RDR2.  Seems they really want folks to use RDO as an NG+ experience for lack of a better term.  They've obviously tried to make it a lot more PvE friendly.  

It's a shame though, I would have liked a unique UN2 experience although it would definitely be fun with friends.  My memory is obviously crap...  Could you partner up with folks in UN1 or was it solo only?

Well, there has been DLC, but only for RDO. They added the Evans repeater and LeMat revolver, off the top of my head. Would have liked to have those in story mode. I missed the LeMat in particular as it was probably my second or third most used pistol in RDR1

Undead Nightmare itself was strictly a singleplayer DLC, but there were zombie-themed additions included in RDR1's online component. As you know, though, I'm not much of a multiplayer guy. I was soured on it by a bad experience with Rainbow Six: Vegas 2 where I mistakenly entered an MP round with the third person cheat activated which glitched the game to hell and resulted in me being banned from multiple servers and getting numerous hateful messages including death and rape threats over it. Obviously I'm not as thin-skinned as I was back then and can give just as much as I get, but that kind of experience was traumatic for me at the time and has stuck even after nearly a decade.

7 hours ago, lumper said:

I found this outside of Armadillo and figured it was a plant for the upcoming un-dead stuff, Im not really sure, but it looks out fo place and has the mask.

Yeah, it's clear this is definitely leading into something.

Edited by Parzival

13 hours ago, BropolloCreed79 said:

Late October undead nightmare/supernatural phenomenon tie in to Halloween would be my guess.

Horror and Westerns have always been an interesting mix (*Bone Tomahawk* comes to mind).

Aliens and cowboys was a cool movie and with 2 found UFO's on game I wouldnt put it past R* to eventually do something with that too.

• Like 1

On 9/20/2019 at 1:41 AM, McLawDiz said:

With all the stuff posted lately, i dont even think its a "Bug" or texture Glitch on the faces of many of the dead NPC´s .. Really!

If it was, they would have been fixed by now.

I really do believe, that Rockstar will add a Zombie DLC, or somewhat Undead Nightmare DLC to the online part. 

Maybe even add it as a part of halloween in October. I think they really are teasing. 

Well, someone posted a pic of their rifle and it has a green skin, unlike anything available and when I saw that there was the thought that maybe there is a texture or skin glitch causing it, OR maybe they are getting ready for some kind of Halloween things and the colors are leaking a little or something.

Players have discovered a creepy secret in Red Dead Online which might hold clues about an upcoming DLC or event. We don't have a lot to go on and Rockstar is characteristically tight-lipped about anything they're planning. However, Red Dead Redemption 2 might be getting its own Undead Nightmare.

Reported on the Red Dead Online subreddit by several players, mysterious zombie NPCs have been sighted near the swamp. The most common encounter involves one of the common old lady NPC models appearing zombified, who you find during an ambush random event. Basically, you'll come across a barking dog who will lead you to a corpse, and when you find it you'll be jumped by a bandit.

undead3-800x450.jpg

While this type of encounter should be familiar if you've been playing Red Dead Online a while, something is off this time around... The corpse used as bait has leathery gray skin, glowing green eyes and is standing upright. It is even occasionally encountered without the ambush random event giving it context - just a creepy, zombie lady chilling in the swamp.

The association with the random encounter has skeptics thinking this is just a glitch, where the NPC corpse is in a default upright position instead of being dead on the ground, however that doesn't explain the strange skin and the glowing green eyes. Another theory is that this is related to the cholera outbreak referenced in-game which struck the region, but that too fails to explain the eyes.

Another less frequently reported occurrence is that of a similar corpse with green eyes sitting on a rock in Big Valley. The timing of these discoveries lends some more credence to the thought that they might be teases of something bigger - not only are we about a month away from Halloween, but we're also similarly close to Red Dead Redemption 2's first anniversary.

A realistic, reserved guess would be that there will be some sort of limited-time event in Red Dead Online around Halloween with zombies to hearken back to Undead Nightmare. If we're talking about what we want this to be, though, then the obvious answer would be a full-blown Undead Nightmare 2 expansion, released on the game's first "birthday", adding content to both singleplayer and Online. We just hope we'll get the four horses of the apocalypse!

undead2-800x450.jpg

Undead Nightmare was a non-canon expansion pack for Red Dead Redemption that involved an apocalyptic zombie outbreak sweeping across the game world, infecting many of the main characters that appeared in the regular story. With all-new missions, characters, items, outfits, horses and more, Undead Nightmare was packed with enough content to be a game in and of itself.

You shouldn't get your hopes up too much, and cap your expectations at a cool little Halloween event. We'll keep an eye out for any other spooky happenings in Red Dead Online.

The post Zombies Appearing In Red Dead Online appeared first on RDR2.org.

Read the full story

1 hour ago, NewsBot said:

You shouldn't get your hopes up too much, and cap your expectations at a cool little Halloween event.

Yeah, I'm definitely not going to get my hopes up. As I previously said, I'm 99% sure there will never be any DLC done for story mode. Unfortunately, Rockstar's been bitten by the online multiplayer bug and, much like a zombie plague, there's virtually no stopping that virus from taking hold.

I was led by a dog to the ruined house in Bolger Glade (the one where you can find something hidden in the chimney). Only there wasn't anything in the chimney, instead, lying on the ground was a very dead old woman, with similar skin and eyes to what other people are reporting . No option to search the body. The dog disappeared. At the time I was just disappointed that I didn't find anything of value but now i wish I'd taken a screenshot.

On 9/22/2019 at 8:20 PM, Parzival said:

Unfortunately, Rockstar's been bitten by the online multiplayer bug

It's hilarious they've convinced folks to spend real world money to look in a virtual catalog and pay for clothing/items that don't exist.

Not judging--I'm guilty of having spent money too (I just HAD to have those overalls and knit cap to complete my "Opium Fiend" look).

40 minutes ago, BropolloCreed79 said:

It's hilarious they've convinced folks to spend real world money to look in a virtual catalog and pay for clothing/items that don't exist.

Not judging--I'm guilty of having spent money too (I just HAD to have those overalls and knit cap to complete my "Opium Fiend" look).

Hey man, whales grease the wheels for the rest of us.  ;) I don't see the attraction either but I'm glad others do.  

In all seriousness though, I actually like R*'s MTX model in their games.  It's essentially all cosmetic or basically shortcuts to what is available to everyone through in-game currency they can earn. 

As far as RDR2, I've been interested in some items but they just don't seem to come in the colors or condition I want.  :(

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

It seem's that some people are reporting weird experiences in Red Dead Online with Zombies. I'm going to continue searching for this while playing the game as normal today. No joy finding Zombies yesterday. This information is about a month old, but has anyone found zombies? 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZN23XZTTl4

Edited by Vendetta