Trader camp problem?

Fish47375

The last couple days my Trader Camp will disappear and when i try to set it back up again it won`t let me. It just keeps flashing. The day before it changed my location 3 times in one session without notice? Anyone else having Trader Camp issues like this? Thanks for any help.

• Like 1

Can’t help with a solution but yes I have been having a lot of the same trouble with Cripps and the camp since the update.

I’m wondering if they’ve changed some of the logic because I haven’t seen the message that there aren’t any free sites in an area since the update, now it just ignores you and refuses to set camp but if you try a different area it works. I find the camp tends to disappear more readily when Cripps is out of supplies to work with - if he’s busy my camp generally stays put.

On 9/18/2019 at 4:38 PM, CosmoKramer said:

Can’t help with a solution but yes I have been having a lot of the same trouble with Cripps and the camp since the update.

I’m wondering if they’ve changed some of the logic because I haven’t seen the message that there aren’t any free sites in an area since the update, now it just ignores you and refuses to set camp but if you try a different area it works. I find the camp tends to disappear more readily when Cripps is out of supplies to work with - if he’s busy my camp generally stays put.

My camp is always up and running when it happens. It doesn`t matter what area i try it simply won`t set up a camp for me. I rebooted all the way out of the game 3 times tonight and finally gave up until tomorrow.

Also every time it does this i lose all my stored pelts on my horse :(

Edited by Kean_1
combined consecutive posts

I'm a Trader as well and it happened to me also earlier, out of the blue I got the "Cripps has packed up your camp" message and it was gone. The day before yesterday I had the camp icon on the map but there was no camp whatsoever there when I arrived. And when I tried to set the camp up again it just flashed and flashed but nothing happened.

What I ended up doing was patiently picking location after location from the list and just wait for the game to either take me back to the select location menu or set up the camp. It worked after a while, it did set up the camp somewhere although I also immediately received a message about Cripps having packed it up again (which he did not, it was there) but it took some time. I've had camp issues before but I never cared much but now I find it annoying since the camp is so essential for the Trader role.

I'm having the same problem.  I have tried to set up camp this session at least 20 times and same thing happens every time.

I've tried starting a new session.  I've tried shutting down and restarting the game.  I've tried riding to a different part of the map.  I can't set up camp no matter what I try.  What a total crock.

Edited by parkenman
  • Like 1

Well I just played a bounty mission in Rhodes and it let me pitch camp in Scarlett Meadows right afterward.

Well I got to my camp and Cripps is there, but I don't have access to anything.  Can't access the lockbox, the trading table, the campfire.... nothing.

Ok.  So I closed the game and took a shower.  Came back and the camp was up and running with everything available.  Back in business.

Wow.  Playing now and unable to pitch camp again.  WTF Rockstar?

Edited by Kean_1
combined consecutive posts

The past days i have my camp location not appearing on the map, relogging several times for it to appear as well as the game reseting my daily challenges progress. Was about 12 days in a row and today it reset. So i opened a ticket and when support answered they said that these days many people also experiencing these issues and the support team knows about it. They cannot give you back your progress if it resets and they cannot do anything about the camp problems. So we wait for future patching and we know that these problems may occure randomly at any time in our sessions. I also see in twitter that many people experiencing these disconnections again. I have too some times.

1. Sad

2. At least they are taking a look into this.

Edited by Antonia

Yeah I'm having the same problems as my Cripps and company is basically out of business.

I can't pitch a tent, just takes my $2, and flashes.

Sometimes it spawns on server change/cache clean but as soon as I deliver or resupply it disappears.

It's also flashing multiple times that Cripps has packed up when their is no camp to pack.

I'm contacting support, but most likely just going to get me more aggravated, and just collecting and bounty Hunting for time being.

Also can only put 3 outfit on horse too, last couple of days

Edited by Dissention

33 minutes ago, llp said:

Can't even set my camp anywhere... never ending loop of it trying. It's been 2 days since I've seen my camp.... Yet I still pay camp fees, go figure

I don't think the camp fees are taken unless it actually successfully pitches camp.  I can't figure out any pattern to it.  Sometimes it works, sometimes not, but most of the time not.  So when it does, make the most of it.

It’s a good thing I already completed lvl 20 trader as getting anywhere with it this morning (and the past couple of days) was nigh on impossible. No animals anywhere and couldn’t get camp pitched.

When I finally got a place it was over in Great Plains when I was in Roanoke. Headed over there (nothing on horse as I didn’t pass a living thing getting there) and took a resupply mission. Finally the world was alive again! So I skin a few whitetail and then find some 3* pronghorn and decide to give up on the resupply to get the animals back to Cripps. Get 90% of the way there and Cripps packs up and deserts me. And no chance of pitching anywhere again. Fuming.

i can only think the camp problem is that since the update everyone wants to pitch a camp all the time whereas before a lot of people didn’t bother with setting camp. R* need to either create more possible camp sites or make servers less busy.

• Like 1

Getting multiple reports from posse members that all these things are indeed happening to everyone. Feel bad for all you traders as it is impossible to be trader with no camp or animals. Guess I feel blessed that the bounty Hunter seems to be fine. Outfits are greyed out on my horse is my only issue. Can't change outfits. 

1 hour ago, Bucnation3139 said:

Getting multiple reports from posse members that all these things are indeed happening to everyone. Feel bad for all you traders as it is impossible to be trader with no camp or animals. Guess I feel blessed that the bounty Hunter seems to be fine. Outfits are greyed out on my horse is my only issue. Can't change outfits. 

Same thing happened to me earlier, going to a clothing store and simply going through all the outfits fixed it for me. Not sure for how long tho. lol

• Like 1

Played last night and finally got a camp but like 9 or 10 pelts missing from my horse. Played a bit and got about 5 pelts and boom no camp so i went to a butcher and sold my pelts so i wouldn`t lose them and as soon as i was done boom a camp is there but all the way across the map. So i hunted anything and everything on the way to it and had no problems. Going to play here in a few and see what happens  lol

• Like 2

3 hours ago, MrPicard said:

Same thing happened to me earlier, going to a clothing store and simply going through all the outfits fixed it for me. Not sure for how long tho. lol

Not sure but I think the last outfit you unlock with outlaw pass is causing the bug. Had it on couldn't change on horse , went to camp took it off horse and all is well now. 

1 hour ago, Bucnation3139 said:

Not sure but I think the last outfit you unlock with outlaw pass is causing the bug. Had it on couldn't change on horse , went to camp took it off horse and all is well now. 

I did have one of those unlocked outfits on my horse (I don't know how it got there I prefer to only have my own custom outfits on my horse, I don't really care for the outfits the game has) and yes, I removed it from my horse when I saw that the game had put it on there - that could very well be it! I'm glad the solution to this is simple (for a change), at least compared to all the other current issues.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Kean_1 said:

Perhaps it's been mentioned but maybe part of the problem with the camps has to do with the recent demand since the update.  

Yeah, I agree.

Everyone is doing the Trader role & wanting to setup camps now. I've notice popular areas like Tall Tree, Great Plain, Big Valley, & Saint Denis are more difficult to pitch a camp. Since players like to hunt in these areas.

I just keep trying different regions until it works. Like the Grizzles or Roanoke.

It's most likely you won't get your camp where you want it, if the server is full.

I wish they would sell permanent homesteads sort of like GTAO properties.  .....although several folks operating out of the same location could be a potential powder keg.  Perhaps a safe zone for those who own the property as they get close.

2 hours ago, Kean_1 said:

Perhaps it's been mentioned but maybe part of the problem with the camps has to do with the recent demand since the update.  

Yeah I think you hit the nail on the head.  They're are only so many spots on the server where I believe they have the proper animations/routes for delivery/supply missions and the demand is greater than supply

I also think they want people to also be out collecting and bounty Hunting too, rather than sitting in camp stockpiling cash.

I posted earlier in this thread that I was going to contact support and pretty much that's what they hinted at (albeit in very bad English)

Yeah I noticed that the fewer people the session has the easier it is to set up the camp. I'd be okay with needing some time to set up the camp but what REALLY annoys me is when the camp just disappears and I get the "Cripps has packed up your camp" message. It's particularly annoying when you're having a horse filled with pelts and whatnot that you want to deliver to Cripps.

Yeah, I'm not crazy about the whole camp thing myself.  .....never really was.  I understand why they can't just let people set up camp wherever they want (given the current state) but I think this new role mechanic definitely puts the issues with it in a spot light.  

Personally, I can't wait for the properties to be made available and I hope that you can use them like camps as well.  Perhaps they can set up a DMZ of sorts within a particular radius of those where players are momentarily invulnerable to attack if they own that property and are not able to engage others.   

Thinking of it that way, maybe they could allow players more freedom in setting up camps using a similar mechanic.  .....or maybe other players simply would not be allowed to set up a camp within a certain distance of another player but still give players the freedom to set up camps in more areas.

The other thing is that they could simply create more camp spawns in each region and revisit the whole respawn mechanic and so on.

On 9/13/2019 at 1:36 PM, LordLoff said:

No way Robbstar will let you recover money for your horses and saddles/stirrups

Discard is the only option

But with this DLC u can now own 10 horses

Just buy the stable slot first and afterwards the horse and insurance so grieffers pay 4$ if they kill ur horse and u also get it back free and much faster

I have 6 horses now and pay more than 4$ per game day (48 mins), but I love horses and will soon fill whole 10 slots

On 9/19/2019 at 12:09 AM, Fish47375 said:

The last couple days my Trader Camp will disappear and when i try to set it back up again it won`t let me. It just keeps flashing. The day before it changed my location 3 times in one session without notice? Anyone else having Trader Camp issues like this? Thanks for any help.

Yes I too have been having the same problems in setting up camp, and with Cripps packing up camps before I have hardly used them. I have ticketed Rockstar about this many times and have been told they re aware and working on it -and thanks for my patience and understanding.

Many other problems too. Today I completed a Trader Delivery and not only received no reward but lost the entire hard-won consignment. Items collected for Daily Challenges often do not count. And my finding of the Blood Flower failed to complete the Collection.

Posse members are not able to access either my Hunting Waggon or its Cargo - despite setting Posse access in the menu.

My Daily Streaks, including one of 95 Days, are continually being deleted.

And I was unable to invite anybody into my Posse.

The update is generally excellent but these 'teething problems' are frustrating in the extreme.