Guy Sitting In (Trader) Camp

MrPicard

I came back to my Trader camp at night (after having the usual massive difficulties getting it set up, sigh, I'm so glad I max'd out the role already) and there was this rugged-looking NPC guy sitting there in my camp, going on about how long he has been out here (I set up the camp in Cumberland Forest) and then he asked me for food. The game gave me the option to hand him some non-cooked meat, which I did (always wary and weapon buttons at the ready because I remembered the dynamic events in single player when you set up camp and some NPC gang guys showed up to threaten you), and he thanked me and walked away, telling me we'd meet again and he'd remember my kindness. Nothing else happened, other than Cripps being like "so, who WAS this guy?" (I'd like to know that as well, thanks for letting strangers into my camp, Cripps, lol)

Has this guy showed up for anyone else? Does anyone know if this has any significance or is it just one of those weird random dynamic events? (I guess I'm asking because those events where you were kind to someone tended to reward you in single player when you met the people again in town and they'd let you get something from the gunsmith for free.)

2 hours ago, Fish47375 said:

I had some scraggly looking guy with no shirt on in my camp  lol

That's the one I was referring to! I'm glad I'm not the only one who has encountered him.

27 minutes ago, The_Liquor said:

You fed him uncooked meat? Way to start the Zombie Apocalypse...

LOL I was a little weirded out as well that the game only seemed to want for me to give him uncooked meat - I was carrying enough cooked meat, I'd gladly have given him some fish or something. But nope, the uncooked one it had to be, apparently. Given all the recent sightings in the game I wouldn't be surprised if he returned as a zombie! lol

7 hours ago, zosma2000 said:

I had this guy on my camp, he wanted plump bird meat, so i gave him, he walked away, couple of Days later he was again at my camp, and got som more plump bird meat, and he go away. Not seen him after that.

Ah so he re-appears at some point? I'll watch out for that, heh. Thanks!

I found a guy sitting at my camp yesterday, he was shirtless and looking pretty ragged, he told me how he was hungry and asked me if I had any meat for him to eat, I had an option to give him some food or not, so I fed him, and then he ran off.

I love how these various events keep popping up with variations to make the world feel so dynamic.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

He appeared a second time in my camp a few days ago and I gave him some meat again (I'm just too nice sometimes)... maybe he's the basis for a future "high honor" storyline or something? R* did say that they want to focus more on the honor system in the near future.

I’ve met him three times.  The first time I gave him something, the next I shot him and dumped him in the river I was camped next to, the last time I tied him up and tossed him off of a cliff......so my experiment of killing him meant nothing as he is a stubborn son of a gun.

He actually kind of creeps me out.  I like the guy stealing beer more.  😀

• Haha 2

• 4 weeks later...

I had a posse mate propose an interesting theory on the skinny guy. 

He theorized that skinny guy and camp raids are related.  

Who knows, just speculation at this point, but I found it interesting, that I've shot the skinny guy, and my camp has been raided.  My posse mate has always fed him and has never been raided.  And we're both at Max honor. 

Edited by Freakshow9191

Mine showed up again Saturday.  I am now hog tying him, putting him on my horse and then killing him in whatever interesting way I can find in the geographic area of my camp.
Now, he’s only been in my camp four times and I fed him once..........

edit:  forgot about one of his visits. I’ve now killed him via drowning, cliff toss, and dynamite.

Edited by Dbuck64
Bad memory
  • Haha 1

On 11/11/2019 at 7:55 PM, The_Liquor said:

When I was camped near Rhodes I spent a day hog tying people from the Manor and throwing them on my camp fire... I had quite the pile going....

My friend and I did something like that out in Armadillo. There's a few coffins and a pit where we would throw hogtied people in and then set them alight with a fire bottle. Watch the XP roll in lol.

We actually got some randoms to join in too.

• Haha 1

I try to relocate my camp, but failed because cant relocate while camp in use. God damnit,  there must be some random player enjoying free beer or cooking at campfire. 

Since i cant relocate,  i had to riding back to camp to check. Upon arrive,  i slowly move towards camp to check on player position. but there is nobody in camp. Which is weird, since i still cant relocate the camp. 

Then i walk to camp & find out that homeless dude sitting at campfire is the reason of all my problem with relocate camp. 

Hahaha he received punishment by blowing  up his head for making that trouble. 😂😂😂

I keep reading about this dynamic event but I've never had him show up in my camp. I really want to see him in mine though!

I was with a friend the other day and he showed up for her again. She didn't have the correct meat he wanted but I did (plump bird meat) so I was able to interact with him and feed him.

He showed up AGAIN!

I hogtied him and was riding off to find somewhere interesting to take him......and was spotted by a random NPC and instantly  ‘kidnapping’ appeared and the law was after me.

I lost them but just dumped him in the swamp to be rid of him.

He haunts me he does.

Edited by Dbuck64
  • Haha 1