Villain roles ??

Bucnation3139

Something is clearly missing here , villain roles !! Our unit has been 100% Honorable since the start , what we have got in return ? Disconnect on long runs , grieves running unchecked doing what ever they feel like doing with no consequence , no Animals , camp spawn issues. Not dissing the game but it is completely one sided currently. All law men and no one to chase but mindless npcs. We need villain roles immediately ! Give us trains to rob , banks , stores , hell anything !! This game can't come full circle untill these are launched. Example would be like playing a cod multiplayer match where everyone is on the same team ! No enemies ! I stay as up to date as I can on rockstar but I still see nothing on villain roles. Anyone have any info on this ? Please share. 

• Like 1

Nothing since that long interview a month or so back, which definitely suggested an outlaw role was on the way.

I'm not holding my breath - remember how long the last update was trailed for, before it showed up, and we haven't even had a sniff of the next big update yet.  If it's here before April I'll be pleasantly surprised. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Harlock1796 said:

Nothing since that long interview a month or so back, which definitely suggested an outlaw role was on the way.

I'm not holding my breath - remember how long the last update was trailed for, before it showed up, and we haven't even had a sniff of the next big update yet.  If it's here before April I'll be pleasantly surprised. 

Thank you @Harlock1796  it's really testing my patients now. Such a beautiful game will all this promising content that could be added and we just have to wait. Very frustrating ! 😀

Yeah, between the boy, and Shakey, and joe, etc...there is a pretty good crime syndicate in place. You could go to hideouts or some syndicate rep walking around towns to receive difficult robberies, and such, much like choosing things off a bounty board. 

I like it. 

In the meantime ya gotta be your own outlaw. When bored we play a game of "stay out of MY town" where we deny entry into valentine and hold it as long as we can.  Usually turns into a multi posse firefight, tons of action. 

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Freakshow9191 said:

Yeah, between the boy, and Shakey, and joe, etc...there is a pretty good crime syndicate in place. You could go to hideouts or some syndicate rep walking around towns to receive difficult robberies, and such, much like choosing things off a bounty board. 

I like it. 

In the meantime ya gotta be your own outlaw. When bored we play a game of "stay out of MY town" where we deny entry into valentine and hold it as long as we can.  Usually turns into a multi posse firefight, tons of action. 

Love it bro ! We are discussing tonight's game plan on Angels chat line and I have several on board to paint a town red. We have done a perge night before and it was great !  Like you say if it ain't there make your own and we plan too !! 😀

20 hours ago, Freakshow9191 said:

I like it. 

Lol I had to shoot my way into Valentine a little while back, a couple of posses were going at it and no one really trusted me trying to wander into the middle to catch up on some shopping (when you have to buy a shotgun, you just have to buy a shotgun).  Made for a fun change.  Wonder if it was you guys?!

But back to topic - yes, I'd love to see some villain roles, and perhaps some corresponding good guy roles.  As the current crop (in particular collector and trader) are neutral (even bad guys like making money and eating), so yes you could have train robber, bank robber, cattle/horse rustling, wagon theft, protection rackets etc on one side, with added property/business ownership for neutrals and then marshall/sheriff/deputy/bounty hunter posse-type roles for the good side of the coin.  Lots of scope for long-tern development there.  And yes, I agree, with the Outlaw Pass ending shortly they might be teeing gup the next stage.  Never know!

Edited by SimonTemplar
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, SimonTemplar said:

Lol I had to shoot my way into Valentine a little while back, a couple of posses were going at it and no one really trusted me trying to wander into the middle to catch up on some shopping (when you have to buy a shotgun, you just have to buy a shotgun).  Made for a fun change.  Wonder if it was you guys?!

But back to topic - yes, I'd love to see some villain roles, and perhaps some corresponding good guy roles.  As the current crop (in particular collector and trader) are neutral (even bad guys like making money and eating), so yes you could have train robber, bank robber, cattle/horse rustling, wagon theft, protection rackets etc on one side, with added property/business ownership for neutrals and then marshall/sheriff/deputy/bounty hunter posse-type roles for the good side of the coin.  Lots of scope for long-tern development there.  And yes, I agree, with the Outlaw Pass ending shortly they might be teeing gup the next stage.  Never know!

Nailed it !! I'm very optimistic we will get these soon. Gonna be lit !

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Parzival said:

What exactly would be the divide between "villains" and the likes of griefers?

Grieves kill indiscriminately then jump server. Villains would rob and steal , within the games boundrys. Currently there is nothing villainous about this game. All law men and a few as%hat grieves. We need balance if the game is gonna make it to the next level. 

14 minutes ago, Parzival said:

This is old ground, but for me, it's intent/motivation.

Griefers are doing what they do purely (or at least mainly) to get pleasure out of causing someone else misery (or 'grief', if you will), with no significant in game advantage to themself.

Compare this to attacking someone else's trader long delivery wagon (see the other long thread on this), whereby, if successful, the attacker gets to steal some of the materials for themself, and the trader has been expressly warned that they are taking a risk.

Hopefully any outlaw/villain role will follow that model of only/mainly targeting players who are flagged as 'up for it'.  I personally would rather be robbed by someone who's doing it because it's their actual job, than shot in the head on the way to the butcher by someone just because they can/are bored/hope to upset me.   I suspect a big element of the role will be PvE in any event, like bounties (and to a certain extent trader) already are.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Parzival said:

Villans: just like the stranger missions we already have.  Like Shakey and the boy. Those are villans. 

A Villan role would involve more in depth, complex negative honor missions. 

Key word "missions'.

Griefers are not on a game "mission".

If it's a rockstar designed mission like a train robbery it would dump you into a private lobby to start it and you wouldn't be seeing other players anyways.  Like  legendary bounty mission. Would be like an "epic robbery" mission. 

Edited by Freakshow9191
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/14/2019 at 7:54 AM, Harlock1796 said:

We had a spring update and summer update. Lets hope for a fall and winter update. Crossing fingers.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, DNMNetTech said:

We had a spring update and summer update. Lets hope for a fall and winter update. Crossing fingers.

I’m thinking they’ll be sticking to roughly quarterly major updates based on the trend so far, but who really knows?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Realistically, you could be a villain now if you just change the way you (and your gang) play the game. You just focus on being "bad cowboys". An actual option and role being put in the game will likely take a while if they ever decide to do it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, shawn said:

Realistically, you could be a villain now if you just change the way you (and your gang) play the game. You just focus on being "bad cowboys". An actual option and role being put in the game will likely take a while if they ever decide to do it.

Well, yes... but you are walking a close line to griefer territory depending how exactly you go about being a ‘bad cowboy’... 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, shawn said:

Yep we sure do on occasion.  Never grieving but we cut lose here and there. Mostly against each other 8n structured battle arrangements. Example is we play (bag the buck)   one team holds a 3 star buck at fort Mercer while the other team tries to get in and take it. Great fun. 

• Like 3

Yes we need outlaw roles and the ability of beeing an actual outlaw.  Fast. 

I was all honorable as well but now out of boredom i catch myself "griefing" other players i come across just bcoz its funny. There are rly no consequences. This bounty system needs to be adressed asap.   I play less every day. How much more gold bars and RDO$ we need ? 

I probably stop playing until the next update like i did before. Maybe just do a couple of showdowns and quit. 

Im starting to loose faith in RDR 2 Online project. They just dont want to keep it up i think. Summer update supposed to be a BIG thing and ended up like it was written on the knee. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, James Hickok_1837 said:

Yes we need outlaw roles and the ability of beeing an actual outlaw.  Fast. 

I was all honorable as well but now out of boredom i catch myself "griefing" other players i come across just bcoz its funny. There are rly no consequences. This bounty system needs to be adressed asap.   I play less every day. How much more gold bars and RDO$ we need ? 

I probably stop playing until the next update like i did before. Maybe just do a couple of showdowns and quit. 

Im starting to loose faith in RDR 2 Online project. They just dont want to keep it up i think. Summer update supposed to be a BIG thing and ended up like it was written on the knee. 

100% bud. They are making it so strenuous just to play , jumping through all these hoops just to have a little fun. We haven't started grieving yet but with this new glitch grieves are running , defensive mode grieves we are getting lots of action. I thought if you shot someone in defensive it brought you out of it ?? Well it's not and they are taking full advantage. We don't get too bent over it and have found a few counters. All in fun I recon but yea they need to get to stepping with these new roles. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, James Hickok_1837 said:

Me 2 man.  R* doesn't seem to care what players want or need.  And they are tooooo slow with updates.

The summer update ended up being the fall update.   And the game is too dumbed down and too simplistic to actually provide any sort long term challenge.

I don't mind waiting for updates.  But as long as this game allows players to be lazer beam lock on cowboys with magical super powers, everything just gets stale instantly.

For me, its still lack of proper free aim lobbies that ruins this game.  R* will go out of their way to keep adding stupid pink clothing to the game,but refuse to add free aim.

R* goes out their way to instantly patch a glitch that allowed players to keep their delivery run stock.  ONE WEEK after the update.  But then, sit on their stupid assess when it comes to camps not spawning.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/19/2019 at 1:40 AM, The_Liquor said:

Well, yes... but you are walking a close line to griefer territory depending how exactly you go about being a ‘bad cowboy’... 

Where do you draw the line?

Rockstar wants gang conflict online. That is the point. Going around annoying people for the sake of being an ahole is different then role-playing to me. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HIGHHorse said:

Rockstar wants gang conflict online. That is the point. Going around annoying people for the sake of being an ahole is different then role-playing to me. 

You know the saying , there is honor amongst thieves. Folk that play the game properly won't grieve Folk that show no interest in that kinda gameplay. They will simply be there for the ones that do want this interaction. Naturally there will be the as% hats who go the wrong way. Mostly children but hey it's there game to play it how they want. Gotta take the good with the bad. 

3 hours ago, HIGHHorse said:

Well I’ve gave examples before... But Bottom line, if you have some kind of purpose to killing/harassing someone it’s legitimate. If your going around putting bullets into people for no apparent reason, your just being a di*k...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I'm proudly part of @Bucnation3139's posse and am always High Honour, but it definitely is fun to murderize a whole town of NPCs and lawmen/bounty hunters on occasion. I wish we could hold NPCs up and perhaps have a greater chance of getting loot like jewellery/collectible jewellery, tonics/antique alcohol and such from them rather than outright killing them and looting them.

As far as edging on griefing, that's definitely not my bag. I won't shoot first unless there's clear ill intent on full display. This has made me snack on my fair share of lead but when I respawn, I WILL find them and I WILL get the last kill.

I'm in full agreement on more "Outlaw"/"Villain" themed activities. Shaking folks down for money/protection payments, stock rustling, stick-ups (stores, NPCs, wagons, trains and banks), kidnapping (moreso than the likes of what Tammy offers where you get target and drop them off), homestead robberies.

Just more chaos in towns amidst the NPCs. Maybe nearby high honour players can be notified of an incoming outlaw posse and try to defend the town, or can interrupt the chaos and kill the outlaws, thus ending the outlaw's mission.

Edited by Moosh89
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Moosh89 said:

I'm proudly part of @Bucnation3139's posse and am always High Honour, but it definitely is fun to murderize a whole town of NPCs and lawmen/bounty hunters on occasion. I wish we could hold NPCs up and perhaps have a greater chance of getting loot like jewellery/collectible jewellery, tonics/antique alcohol and such from them rather than outright killing them and looting them.

As far as edging on griefing, that's definitely not my bag. I won't shoot first unless there's clear ill intent on full display. This has made me snack on my fair share of lead but when I respawn, I WILL find them and I WILL get the last kill.

I'm in full agreement on more "Outlaw"/"Villain" themed activities. Shaking folks down for money/protection payments, stock rustling, stick-ups (stores, NPCs, wagons, trains and banks), kidnapping (moreso than the likes of what Tammy offers where you get target and drop them off), homestead robberies.

Just more chaos in towns amidst the NPCs. Maybe nearby high honour players can be notified of an incoming outlaw posse and try to defend the town, or can interrupt the chaos and kill the outlaws, thus ending the outlaw's mission.

How about a sort of reverse bounty hunter role? I’m sure gangs out there would gladly pay to have cerTian Johnny Law types taken out... perhaps even extending it to taking our rival players on the good side of the spectrum at some point? I guess it would basically be an expansion to the ‘hitman’ type Of stranger missions, only fleshed our into an actual role...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, The_Liquor said:

How about a sort of reverse bounty hunter role? I’m sure gangs out there would gladly pay to have cerTian Johnny Law types taken out... perhaps even extending it to taking our rival players on the good side of the spectrum at some point? I guess it would basically be an expansion to the ‘hitman’ type Of stranger missions, only fleshed our into an actual role...

Love it bro !! Top notch !!