Jump to content

Exclusive Interview with The Reaper Lords - Submit Your Questions!


Recommended Posts

On 11/27/2019 at 7:31 PM, Jammin Jim said:

Do Reaper Lords members interact beyond the bounds of GTAO/RDO? Are you active in other games, or in real life?

We do. We play lots of different games together. Many of us have multiple consoles and PCs, so we can slide back and forth between the various charters to play with each other. In addition we do watch parties and other online activities together. Outside the game we have members that are blood relatives or live nearby to each other so they interact frequently offline as well. Each year we also host club events in real life that we call ReaperCons. These events are hosted in the US and EU. The last ReaperCon event was in Los Angeles where a bunch of us got together for partying, riding motorcycles, & visiting sites that are featured within the game. We attended E3 where we met some of the actors from Red Dead as well. During that event a film crew was present. They followed us around and conducted interviews for an upcoming documentary on the club.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/27/2019 at 7:36 PM, SageNinja said:

I thought of another question and wanted to ask before I forgot!

Are any of you bikers in real life as well? 🤔

We do have some "bikers" and a bunch of motorcycle enthusiasts. Many of us have gotten together to ride in real life. While we are most active on Red Dead lately, at our core this was a club founded to build fellowship between individuals with a passion for gaming and motorcycles. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/27/2019 at 7:44 PM, ragedhunter11 said:

The next console generation is around the corner. If Rockstar retires the current version of GTAO in the years to come, will you migrate to the successor?

We're all very much looking forward to GTA6 and whatever else may be on the horizon. Red Dead was a major change for our club, but as GTA evolved from a petty crime simulator, to some kind of futuristic battlefield, it became unconducive to our game play style. It's not reasonable to role play as a biker club, gathering for bike shows and doing large formation rides, in a universe where flying bikes with homing rockets indiscriminately kill any unarmored moving vehicle, or an entire gathering can be destroyed with one orbital cannon strike. One of the great joys of playing GTA as a motorcycle club is seeing all the bikes together snaking around the map and then gathering in large groups for nonscripted activities. For us, the open world in GTA and what we love about the game was ruined.

On GTA we adhere to the old MC 1% code which requires us to play freeaim with ARs or lessor weapons against dismounted players (no holds barred on vehicles). In the early days of GTA the game was fairly well balanced. Tanks could be killed easily with some sticky bombs and RPGs, and jets were relatively difficult to obtain and a challenge to kill, but could be shot down with well-timed RPGs. Today, the game has drifted into something highly unbalanced, which requires use of increasingly fantastical weaponry that just isn't fun for us or consistent with playing as a biker. 

My personal hope is that R* will bring back hardcore lobbies in the future so that we can enjoy immersing ourselves in an environment as near to reality as possible.

From a club perspective, we will continually evaluate activity and how much fun we're having on whatever game we're engaged with. If something better than GTA or Red Dead comes along, we'll certainly consider moving. At the end of the day, we just need a platform for gathering our members. Maintaining the brotherhood is our primary focus. The gameplay environment is secondary.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/28/2019 at 3:44 AM, Anc1entC0re said:

What kind of a future do you envision for Red Dead Online/GTA Online?

They are both products at the end of the day, so like any other product people will buy them until something better comes along, and R* will keep selling them as long as they are profitable. I suspect the franchises will continue on separate, but related paths, with GTAOnline seeing many more updates between now and the release of GTA6. The game is still wildly popular and earns great profits for R*. I see no reason for them to do anything but support the heck out of that game for years to come. Same thing with Red Dead. If they follow a similar development cycle as they've done with GTA, we can expect much evolution and many updates until they develop something better. I would personally love to see Red Dead begin to evolve over a timeline from where it is now up to something like the early 1920's. Dirt roads get paved. Lanterns become electric lights. Wagons become model Ts etc etc... I think that would be a lot of fun, is technologically possible, and would keep players coming back for years to come.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/1/2019 at 7:53 PM, SixGunLover76 said:

Who are the founding fathers of the group?  Does the club promote honorable gameplay or a griefer style mentality?  What purpose does a club such as the RL's serve? 

The founding fathers were people that had a passion for video gaming and motorcycle club culture in real life. They wanted to recreate club life online and find like-minded individuals from around the world to form close bonds of friendship with.

The purpose of Reaper Lords is all about fellowship. As online gamers many of us spending many hours of our lives online. That time is made better when you have truly good people to spend it with. I have no doubt that many of us have formed life-long friendships that go well beyond gaming. I personally have met up with many LORDs in real life and what has struck me the most is just how comfortable it is. There is none of the initial awkwardness you associate with meeting someone for the first time. We become so close through our online interactions, that it just feels completely normal and natural for us to carry on in the same fashion offline.

 

As for gameplay style we have always prided ourselves on playing with honor. We engage in a lot of fights, but do not grief other players. We have a "shoot back" policy for our rules of engagement, meaning we do not fire first. We love meeting other players online and will help guard deliveries and stuff like that for randoms, but if someone fires on us, we will swarm them until they disengage. With members from around the world we have no problem sustaining battles with fresh blood for many hours straight. While we don't like doing that all the time, it's nice to know we can when we choose to. I've been in some epic battles on GTA that go for 10 or more hours with other big crews and it's a lot of fun. The problem for us is that with some of the recognition we've received in gaming publications and from R*, we've attracted a lot of trolls and silly as it sounds a lot of other crews that are envious of the attention we've received. It's probably not hard to imagine how annoying it can be at times. For that reason we work to maintain a balance between combat and peaceful club activities. Lord knows we could fight around the clock every day if we chose to engage with every group of kids that wants to shoot with us.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/3/2019 at 11:08 AM, xsugarskull said:

Why did you decide to cease recruitment in GTAO, and move forward in RDO only?

It's just a matter of focus. We're still very active on GTA, but to make the move to Red Dead successfully we needed the full attention and energy of the club behind it. Our recruiting process is extensive and requires a lot of club resources to support. If we split those resources I'm not sure we would do a great job on either game. As such, we decided to invest in making Red Dead a success and ultimately I think it was a good move. Individuals that earn club membership on Red Dead also earn the privilege of wearing the patch on GTA. Ultimately a Reaper Lord is a Reaper Lord no matter what game or console they are playing on. We recruit people, not accounts.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/3/2019 at 1:16 PM, YellowDragon said:

Will Reaper Lords abandon GTAO in the near future? Does the level of activity the game sees affect this decision?

I don't see us abandoning GTA. For many of us GTA remains our favorite game and we'll always go back to it. The problem is simply that the game isn't what it was when we started. All the crazy weapons and vehicles have made it kind of absurd for a motorcycle club. Additionally, the free aim MC community in GTA is very small compared to the overall player base. Most individuals that have a shot at earning membership in Reaper Lords have either tried out and not made it, or made the decision it's simply not for them. As with any organization new blood is vital to sustainment. We need new ideas, new energy, and new personalities to help keep pushing us forward. In a longstanding club like ours it's easy to fall into the trap of saying "that's the way we've always done things" and assuming it's right. We need that new patch energy to fuel us and the GTA pond was largely fished-out. So for today we're on Red Dead, but we've always got our eyes open for new opportunities. We'll always make whatever moves are necessary to keep the club strong and vibrant. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/3/2019 at 7:09 PM, shiverz said:

Does The Reaper Lords engage in any rivalry, be it serious or just for fun, with other major crews?

We certainly have lots of club that consider themselves our rivals, but we really try to just focus on ourselves. At the end of the day there's really no way to win wars in video games. We maintain the same name, same player accounts, and same standards for years. Others don't carry that burden the same way. We've had many many many clubs make runs at us over the years, only to shut down, change names, and pop up as other crews to start shooting at us again. As such, we've learned not to take game beefs too seriously. That said, I've certainly been in many club wars over the years and they can be great fun. It's just important to maintain balance. Our club is full of mature gamers and individuals that like to participate in all kinds of gameplay activities, like racing or taking photos, so as a club we need to be conscientious of that fact. If all we do is fight continuously online it would not be much fun for our more casual members.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/4/2019 at 1:32 PM, MadMatt said:

Were there ever any tough moments or crises since the foundation of the crew that threatened it’s dissolution?

Yeah. A bunch. Like any group we have lots of different personalities and many stressors both internal and external. We've had our share of ups and downs but one of the great things about being a Reaper Lord is this sense of obligation to the club. We really do try to put the club first. It's hard to fully explain just how much work has gone into building the club. From the outside people only see the tip of the iceberg. Internally we have a massive operation that administers club business. Many LORDs are shocked at what they find after earning membership. What from the outside looks like any other gaming clan, on the inside operates more like a miniature government or corporation. It's too much for me to even go into. The point is, it's this underlying foundation that has allowed us to weather the storms. We have robust protocols in place for dealing with many situations and a collective sense of duty to the work done by those before us. Another significant factor is our culture. We have very well established ways of communicating, resolving issues and most importantly respecting each other. We certainly have arguments between members within the club, but it just doesn't get out of hand. When things start to get too hot, other members start jumping in to cool things off. I can't stress enough how important it is to just focus on family as well. We are very judicious in how much external drama we allow into our club. We focus on our friendships and what's best for us at all times. We pay very little mind to what other clubs think of us or our relationships with them. We certainly maintain friendships with like-minded clubs, but for others that seem to thrive on drama and conflict, we just ignore them.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/4/2019 at 5:32 PM, mizTik said:

Where do you see The Reaper Lords in 5 years?

Celebrating our 11 year anniversary!!! I can only say that with great confidence because I know the challenges we've overcome and I know how committed our members are to carrying on our traditions. As a club we have many goals and plans for the future that wouldn't be appropriate to share here, but have no doubt we are stronger than ever and focused on a bright future.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/5/2019 at 5:58 PM, KVNknowsbest said:

In what ways has being part of The Reaper Lords changed your life?

For me personally it opened up a whole world of friendships. If you had asked me 10 years ago if some of my best friends in the world would be people I have never seen in real life, I'd say you were crazy. I now have a completely new appreciation for how much love you can have for people without sharing the same physical space. I have met many Reaper Lords in the real world, but the close bonds of friendship were there long before that. I am truly thankful to be part of this family.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, LORD_DirtyWorka said:

For me personally it opened up a whole world of friendships. If you had asked me 10 years ago if some of my best friends in the world would be people I have never seen in real life, I'd say you were crazy. I now have a completely new appreciation for how much love you can have for people without sharing the same physical space. I have met many Reaper Lords in the real world, but the close bonds of friendship were there long before that. I am truly thankful to be part of this family.

That is cool and I feel the same way with a few friendships I have developed over games or just in general on forums. I have never met any of my "online friends" but I am closer with them than my friends offline because they are all busy with kids, work, etc. so we hardly have time to hangout anymore.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, LORD_DirtyWorka said:

A ton!!! Seriously. It takes a tremendous amount of work to keep the club running. As National President, I probably spend 15 or more hours per week dedicated to club work. Other positions within the hierarchy may require a little more or a little less, but it is damn near a part time job. The officers of the club often forgo game play time or other leisure activities for meetings, membership administration, conflict resolution, training, club promotion, event coordination and on and on. Serving the club requires a lot of personal effort and sacrifice, which leaves all of us with a high level of satisfaction. There's no pay and you don't usually feel the appreciation until your term is up, but knowing that serving the club requires so much personal sacrifice, even if no one else knows it, provides a great sense of pride and satisfaction.

As for other pursuits, I personally have a family and a job that always come before anything, but I do find time for other pursuits, based largely on the outstanding team of individuals that run the club. We back each other up and cover down on each other's responsibilities when life or leisure calls. I fly 50-100 times per year for work, so nearly every week I'm flying somewhere. That provides me with lots of time in hotels at night to work on club business or get online to play with the LORDs. I also like doing motovlogs riding Harleys in some of the cities I visit. 

That is pretty amazing to have a group that dedicated and level-headed. I applaud you all. 

And you mentioned motovlogs... I am interested in these. I love watching people on bikes ride around places. Feels like you are there. Do you have somewhere where I can check these out?

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, LORD_DirtyWorka said:

We do have some "bikers" and a bunch of motorcycle enthusiasts. Many of us have gotten together to ride in real life. While we are most active on Red Dead lately, at our core this was a club founded to build fellowship between individuals with a passion for gaming and motorcycles. 

That is pretty sweet man. I always wanted to get a bike myself but no one I know cares about them and I just kept putting off getting my license. 

9 hours ago, LORD_DirtyWorka said:

I can't really speak to our challenges relative to traditional MMOs, as I've not had experience in those realms. I can say that our form of role play is very light and revolves primarily around how we run the organization. For example we do not act out character roles or storylines. We do all agree to dress like bikers on GTA, or wear a uniform in Red Dead, but we don't talk like bikers or outlaws per se. We do host weekly meetings in which officers report on activities and members can motion for votes on rule changes, but our meetings look more like something you'd expect to see in a corporate board room, than a shadowy backroom at a strip club.

From a role play challenges perspective I think one of our biggest challenges is managing the balance between individual self-expression and maintaining a cohesive theme that identifies us as a unified group. For example, some members may wish to dress in a flamboyant or whimsical way, but if we're representing ourselves as being a badass biker club or outlaw posse, at some point we would lose that identity if individual style drifted too far afield. To strike a balance we have set uniforms for certain occasions or activities, but outside of that members are largely free to dress as they like, within the overall theme. I think most LORDs understand that part of the appeal of the club is the sense of belonging to something special. They know that when 10 or 20 of us ride up on someone and we all have LORD in our gamertags and are all wearing a blue uniform, and moving in a controlled and synchronized fashion, it makes a big impression. For the type of people we like to recruit, the impression we make in lobby will be instantly appealing. I think our members take pride in that and it helps to self-regulate based on our shared values.

That makes sense you'd want everyone to have creative freedom within a set boundary. Being part of a clan/posse in any game takes work and direction. I wouldn't want to be a part of one where no one looked like they belonged to anything. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CrabApples said:

That is pretty amazing to have a group that dedicated and level-headed. I applaud you all. 

And you mentioned motovlogs... I am interested in these. I love watching people on bikes ride around places. Feels like you are there. Do you have somewhere where I can check these out?

Thanks man. It really is an honor to be able to be part of this club with so many great people.

I upload the motovlogs to youtube here: https://www.youtube.com/user/DirtyWorkaGTA

I hope you like em!

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, LORD_DirtyWorka said:

Yeah. A bunch. Like any group we have lots of different personalities and many stressors both internal and external. We've had our share of ups and downs but one of the great things about being a Reaper Lord is this sense of obligation to the club. We really do try to put the club first. It's hard to fully explain just how much work has gone into building the club. From the outside people only see the tip of the iceberg. Internally we have a massive operation that administers club business. Many LORDs are shocked at what they find after earning membership. What from the outside looks like any other gaming clan, on the inside operates more like a miniature government or corporation. It's too much for me to even go into. The point is, it's this underlying foundation that has allowed us to weather the storms. We have robust protocols in place for dealing with many situations and a collective sense of duty to the work done by those before us. Another significant factor is our culture. We have very well established ways of communicating, resolving issues and most importantly respecting each other. We certainly have arguments between members within the club, but it just doesn't get out of hand. When things start to get too hot, other members start jumping in to cool things off. I can't stress enough how important it is to just focus on family as well. We are very judicious in how much external drama we allow into our club. We focus on our friendships and what's best for us at all times. We pay very little mind to what other clubs think of us or our relationships with them. We certainly maintain friendships with like-minded clubs, but for others that seem to thrive on drama and conflict, we just ignore them.

That is smart thinking. You don't want to get involved in other people's/groups' drama. 

Also, gotta admire your honesty. I know a lot of groups will hide stuff like this and act like they never have problems for the sake of keeping up appearances. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/17/2019 at 2:05 PM, LORD_DirtyWorka said:

Celebrating our 11 year anniversary!!! I can only say that with great confidence because I know the challenges we've overcome and I know how committed our members are to carrying on our traditions. As a club we have many goals and plans for the future that wouldn't be appropriate to share here, but have no doubt we are stronger than ever and focused on a bright future.

I would imagine as the years go on, you will take on younger guys to join the club and continue to carry it on. Do any of you plan on retiring at a certain point in life?

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/17/2019 at 11:16 AM, LORD_DirtyWorka said:

There's a lot of commonality between RDO & GTA for us. The primary difference, beyond the obvious environmental difference, is related to combat. In GTA we were a strict freeaim only club with a limited weapon wheel based on GTA 1% MC rules. Where Red Dead is an autoaim game with all kinds of potions and ability cards, early on we made the decision not to limit use of in-game content. Our members are free to use any weapons or other features the game has to offer. On GTA we took pride in limiting our weapon wheel and strictly adhering to voluntary standards. In Red Dead we just have fun and the combat aspects of the game have far less significance than on GTA. 

Reaper Lords are Reaper Lords no matter what game or console we're on. Membership applies to the individual, not the account or platform.

Ah this would make sense. Both games function in a similar fashion in terms of control but have very different structures about them. Do some members from GTA choose not to play RDR2 with the crew?

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/17/2019 at 11:47 AM, LORD_DirtyWorka said:

We're looking for good human beings. Qualities like honesty, maturity, compassion, and integrity are important to us. It's hard to quantify the precise mix of qualities or adequately describe how we go about evaluating prospective members, but we take it very seriously. We've had thousands of people apply to the club, but only about 1% earn full membership. One of our biggest challenges in recruiting is that most don't understand that all the high ideals we talk about inside the club, are only accessible to members. We expect members to treat each other with the utmost respect at all times. We laugh and clown around endlessly behind closed doors. We are kind and compassionate and value the dignity of others.....however, we are downright degrading to prospective members. We have a complex and grueling prospecting process that allows us to carefully scrutinize individuals prior to allowing them into the club. It's very hard for outsiders to understand the process and not take it personally. We put prospective members in stressful and unreasonable situations to see how they respond. We're watching to see if they work together to solve problems, if they carry on with their duties even when times get tough, and if they can show the utmost respect when dealing with someone acting in an irrational or hostile way....because when you become a member you will be faced with all these challenges. If people quit when times get tough, put themselves before the club in their decision making, or continually escalate when conflicts arise, we would not be able to maintain the beautiful environment the club provides and which has allowed us to go on successfully for as long as we have. We expect members to stay for years, but we only have weeks or months to evaluate someone's character before voting them into the club. For that reason we condense the stresses to suit the time frame and the very large majority of candidates do not hold up. Which is exactly the way we like it. Once membership is earned, there is a tremendous sense of accomplishment and feeling of belonging. Every member can trust and rely on every other member because they know what that person had to do to earn membership. 

The charitable work we do is really just a natural extension of our values. As much as we like acting like badasses on the video games, our members are great people from all walks of life. As we have gained some minor recognition within the gaming community it just seemed natural to try to do some good with it. Benefits to the club are immeasurable. It provides an incredible sense of pride within the membership. Gaming is viewed by some as a waste of time or a self-indulgent activity. By using the time we've invested to help people facing challenges in the real world helps give membership in the club a little more meaning and significance. We will absolutely do more of this in the future. 

Commenting on the first half... Someone once told me this is what you want to do before you marry someone. You want to push them to the limit in a sense and see how they handle the stress and pressure so you know if something ever did happen, they would stay by your side. I can understand this approach based on that alone. You don't just have a club there, you have a family and you don't just let anyone into your family. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, SaulGoodMan said:

Ah this would make sense. Both games function in a similar fashion in terms of control but have very different structures about them. Do some members from GTA choose not to play RDR2 with the crew?

There are certainly some LORDs that prefer GTA to Red Dead, but all LORDs understand the need to put the club before self-interest. In the early days after the move they pinched their noses and did their duty on Red Dead. Now that we are well established on Red Dead the need for all hands on that game is not as significant, so they are free to slide back to GTA more often. I personally have been playing GTA a lot since the Casion Heist came out. I miss it right up until my bike gets blown up by an Oppressor.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, mizTik said:

I would imagine as the years go on, you will take on younger guys to join the club and continue to carry it on. Do any of you plan on retiring at a certain point in life?

I don't know about retirement from the club, but we certainly have frequent turnover in our leadership team. Most officers serve six months to a year before either stepping back or sliding over to a different position. With 8 officer positions in each charter there are frequent elections and new appointments.  Lots of new blood circulates throughout the leadership roles. In terms of ages within the club I think our youngest member is 19 and our oldest is over 50. If I had to guess, I'd say the majority of members are probably late twenties to early thirties. Regardless of age all LORDs have a voice and a vote. Any LORD can motion something for a vote and as long as their membership is in good standing, any LORD can run for an elected position. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/17/2019 at 11:58 AM, LORD_DirtyWorka said:

We follow a traditional Motorcycle Club hierarchy. 

National President sits over all charters of the club.

Within each charter we have:

President

Vice President

SGT at Arms

Secretary

Road Captain

Enforcers

Treasurer

Tail Gunner

 

We have a constitution that ensures the rights of members and accountability of officers as well. All major club decisions are put to a vote and any full member can motion a vote on any subject they wish. Members are also free to run for elected positions within the hierarchy. This structure provides the authority necessary for officers to lead the club, without the ability to run roughshod over it.

 

I like that. Cool way to keep order and keep the inspiration going for the club. Always been a fan of bike gangs. Thought it was a cool concept since I was a kid.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/17/2019 at 12:12 PM, LORD_DirtyWorka said:

We do. We play lots of different games together. Many of us have multiple consoles and PCs, so we can slide back and forth between the various charters to play with each other. In addition we do watch parties and other online activities together. Outside the game we have members that are blood relatives or live nearby to each other so they interact frequently offline as well. Each year we also host club events in real life that we call ReaperCons. These events are hosted in the US and EU. The last ReaperCon event was in Los Angeles where a bunch of us got together for partying, riding motorcycles, & visiting sites that are featured within the game. We attended E3 where we met some of the actors from Red Dead as well. During that event a film crew was present. They followed us around and conducted interviews for an upcoming documentary on the club.

Nice! I had no idea there was a documentary in the works. Do you know when and where that will be released yet or are things still being worked out? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/17/2019 at 1:13 PM, LORD_DirtyWorka said:

My personal hope is that R* will bring back hardcore lobbies in the future so that we can enjoy immersing ourselves in an environment as near to reality as possible.

I feel you on that 100%. I want some more immersive online play. GTA V was great and all but not what I was expecting long term. Having some hardcore lobbies will help balance things out and make them more about running the streets than just messing around online. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/17/2019 at 1:22 PM, LORD_DirtyWorka said:

They are both products at the end of the day, so like any other product people will buy them until something better comes along, and R* will keep selling them as long as they are profitable. I suspect the franchises will continue on separate, but related paths, with GTAOnline seeing many more updates between now and the release of GTA6. The game is still wildly popular and earns great profits for R*. I see no reason for them to do anything but support the heck out of that game for years to come. Same thing with Red Dead. If they follow a similar development cycle as they've done with GTA, we can expect much evolution and many updates until they develop something better. I would personally love to see Red Dead begin to evolve over a timeline from where it is now up to something like the early 1920's. Dirt roads get paved. Lanterns become electric lights. Wagons become model Ts etc etc... I think that would be a lot of fun, is technologically possible, and would keep players coming back for years to come.

I was talking to my friend about this. The first one closed off around 1914 I think so if we did get a continuation, we would likely play as Jack between 1915 and 1925.

They could very well introduce new characters and a new area and go back to the 1800's again though. Either way, I would be down with this.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/17/2019 at 1:42 PM, LORD_DirtyWorka said:

I don't see us abandoning GTA. For many of us GTA remains our favorite game and we'll always go back to it. The problem is simply that the game isn't what it was when we started. All the crazy weapons and vehicles have made it kind of absurd for a motorcycle club. Additionally, the free aim MC community in GTA is very small compared to the overall player base. Most individuals that have a shot at earning membership in Reaper Lords have either tried out and not made it, or made the decision it's simply not for them. As with any organization new blood is vital to sustainment. We need new ideas, new energy, and new personalities to help keep pushing us forward. In a longstanding club like ours it's easy to fall into the trap of saying "that's the way we've always done things" and assuming it's right. We need that new patch energy to fuel us and the GTA pond was largely fished-out. So for today we're on Red Dead, but we've always got our eyes open for new opportunities. We'll always make whatever moves are necessary to keep the club strong and vibrant. 

That makes sense. I would imagine come the next GTA, your group will hop right on it and dominate. No clue when we will get another GTA since this one is still going strong from the looks of it but when the time comes, if that is in your path, can't wait to see what you all do.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/19/2019 at 9:32 AM, LORD_DirtyWorka said:

I don't know about retirement from the club, but we certainly have frequent turnover in our leadership team. Most officers serve six months to a year before either stepping back or sliding over to a different position. With 8 officer positions in each charter there are frequent elections and new appointments.  Lots of new blood circulates throughout the leadership roles. In terms of ages within the club I think our youngest member is 19 and our oldest is over 50. If I had to guess, I'd say the majority of members are probably late twenties to early thirties. Regardless of age all LORDs have a voice and a vote. Any LORD can motion something for a vote and as long as their membership is in good standing, any LORD can run for an elected position. 

I guess as life moves on, you have to adjust. I would guess that things like getting married, having kids, job changes and what not impact leadership roles the most.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/17/2019 at 9:17 PM, LORD_DirtyWorka said:

Thanks man. It really is an honor to be able to be part of this club with so many great people.

I upload the motovlogs to youtube here: https://www.youtube.com/user/DirtyWorkaGTA

I hope you like em!

 

Sweet! I am going to check them out when I eat my late dinner. Just checking a few things while my food cooks in the oven. Looking forward to it :D

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/19/2019 at 9:22 AM, LORD_DirtyWorka said:

There are certainly some LORDs that prefer GTA to Red Dead, but all LORDs understand the need to put the club before self-interest. In the early days after the move they pinched their noses and did their duty on Red Dead. Now that we are well established on Red Dead the need for all hands on that game is not as significant, so they are free to slide back to GTA more often. I personally have been playing GTA a lot since the Casion Heist came out. I miss it right up until my bike gets blown up by an Oppressor.

The casino heist is a blast for sure, I can understand playing it more again. I think it makes sense as a group to play and contribute, even if you are not exactly fond of the game. It is cool everyone can do their part like that without disagreements or arguing. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

A couple of questions:

1. Do any of your members work for R*?

2. Has your club ever lobbied R* for improvements to their games?

3. This one is a tad philosophical, why do you organize yourselves in structured group? Can you not have the same amount of fun by playing solo or is it just a need for in game currency that drives you?

4. Finally, what does the lock pick kit that you can buy from the Fence actually do?

 

Red Dead Redemption 2_20190928100844.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

LATEST RDR2 NEWS CLIPS

×
×
  • Create New...