Best Saddle In Red Dead Online

Vendetta

44 minutes ago, Freakshow9191 said:

What: Nacogdoches (with hooded stirrups)

Why: Tumbleweed to Annesberg with 100% stamina. 

Yes... however every time I see that name my brain reads it as ‘Nacho Douchebag’... But I’m convinced I have some mild form of dyslexia...

Edited by The_Liquor
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, Freakshow9191 said:

What: Nacogdoches (with hooded stirrups)

Why: Tumbleweed to Annesberg with 100% stamina. 

But it's so damned ugly!

For style points the Bounty Hunter special saddle looks nicer (a bit too bling, but never mind) and isn't too far behind on performance (with hooded stirrups also, of course).

My silver Nokota isn't blessed with the top stamina in the game, but at lvl 4 bonding and careful use of the left stick click, she can sprint from one end of the map to the other without running out of puff using that setup.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Freakshow9191 said:

Nonsense! Lol. 

I got the blue naco on my black Arabian.  Beautiful setup.  Eye of the beholder I suppose. 

No accounting for taste, I suppose.

To me it looks like when my cat has been sick on a patterned rug! 🤠🙀 🤮

The blue is definitely the least bad of the bunch, though.

• Like 1

If my memory is right, there are 3 of the best stirups in game and 1 of them is non-hooded. I'm wondering what the performance is of the non-hooded vs the hooded stirups that are 2 up from there. 

Basically for me, it is time to make my first saddle purchase. I have been using the saddle that you get at the beginning of Red Dead Online and It's time to buy something that offer's better performance. 

Edited by Vendetta

Nacogdoches is the best because it is the only saddle with 4 performance improvement stats instead of only 3. I don't like skull themed things, so wish there was a non-skull option for it, but the white version at least makes the skulls nearly invisible. Add the hooded stirrups and it does make a big difference in performance.

• Like 1

Thanks everyone. I was online in Red Dead Online earlier today and here's an update. I'm currently ranked in the mid 20's and thought I would be able to unlock the saddles that I'm interested in with gold, that is not the case. I was able to complete everything that I wanted to do with both my Colt 1873 Cavalry revolvers and my Winchester lever action rifle!. I might use some gold to unlock the Double Barrel Shotgun if I can do it with gold. 

There is one saddle that I can unlock with gold that does have better stats then my current saddle which is the saddle that you start with. Since I plan on doing the Tradder, then Bounty Hunter missions or both simultaneously if I can, should I go ahead and unlock this saddle with better stats, or save the gold and wait until I unlock the saddle in the Bounty Hunter missions? 

I still have over 100 Gold Bars from my purchase of 150 Gold Bars. I will using some of the Gold Bars to buy into both the Tradder and Bounty Hunter missions.   

Edited by Vendetta

44 minutes ago, Freakshow9191 said:

IMO, I would wait till you can get the saddle you REALLY want. To keep buying different saddles with slight increases as they become available is kind of a waste.  I kept the same saddle (low level) for a looong time, and everything worked out fine.  

I think your right. That saddles stats puts it in the middle between the saddle that you start out with and the saddles that you can either buy at a higher rank or unlock in the new DLC. I wonder how long it takes to unlock the Bounty Hunter saddle once you start. 

Edited by Vendetta

14 hours ago, Vendetta said:

I wonder how long it takes to unlock the Bounty Hunter saddle once you start. 

13 hours ago, Freakshow9191 said:

It doesn't take too long. Obviously it depends on how much you play. But to me, the roles rank up really quick. 

Bounty Hunter takes longer than the rest of the roles, but you still unlock the saddle pretty quickly.

One other feature of the game is that you can't switch stirrups between saddles, and you really want better stirrups when you unlock them, so wait until you get access to the saddle you want.  I'm lvl 170 and have the reverse dapple silver Nokota (I think its called that - the one with the black face) with the bounty hunter saddle and hooded stirrups.  I feel no need for further upgrades.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Harlock1796 said:

Bounty Hunter takes longer than the rest of the roles, but you still unlock the saddle pretty quickly.

One other feature of the game is that you can't switch stirrups between saddles, and you really want better stirrups when you unlock them, so wait until you get access to the saddle you want.  I'm lvl 170 and have the reverse dapple silver Nokota (I think its called that - the one with the black face) with the bounty hunter saddle and hooded stirrups.  I feel no need for further upgrades.

Thanks. I've been upgrading my stirups as I go!. I'm buying into the Bounty Hunter and Trader Role this weekend. If you ever find yourself in same lobby as me, say hi. 

Edited by Vendetta

On 11/28/2019 at 4:55 AM, Aval0n said:

Nacogdoches is the best because it is the only saddle with 4 performance improvement stats instead of only 3. I don't like skull themed things, so wish there was a non-skull option for it, but the white version at least makes the skulls nearly invisible. Add the hooded stirrups and it does make a big difference in performance.

Kind of reminds me of my old Fatboy... Before some Real life griefer turn right in front of me This summer anyway... I Don’t mind the skulls so much...

3D5C2FC9-5329-4AB7-A811-27FFA984CA28.jpeg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

You probably already know this but you can check the stats of the saddles, and then remember you will add stirrups and that will make them even better.

But you can comapre saddles tats to give you an idea of what to expect, the Nocolches is the one to match or beat, it is simply the best as far as stamina drain is concerned, you can run forever without losing stamina, But if you dont love the look some other pretty solid options are:

If you are planning on doing a lot of running around the map and missions, then use the Noco, or try it anyway, then try your favorite looking saddle and se what the different in your game play is like so you can decide how important it is for you to have the  very best in stamina drain.

The new one for the moonshiner role is really good, again, if you like the look it is hit or miss, but I tried it with the best stirrups and it was really good.

My old favorite was the Panther one, it is very good, as is the beaver roping and rattlesnake one too, all need the best stirrups and you still need to praise the horse as you ride hard for long distances, but they are of the top saddles.

The Black and gold one that came with the bounty hunter role I forget the name, is also pretty good, I use it a lot on a few of my horses just because with my outfit and horse it looks amazing, it isnt as good as the Noco but it isnt a problem either.

all you have to do is to praise the horse very so often to kind of refresh or sort of partially reset the stamina, on the Noco you basically dont even have to do that, but with these others you will have too here and there but its pretty simple and straight forward, I have many saddles I use them based on how they look on a given horse and what I am wearing, but lately I made a couple outfits that using the various Noco saddles look fine, I have 3 different ones, the blue, the red and the grey.

DOnt be afraid to buy and try saddles, my advice is never spend gold on one if you can help it, use cash.

Cash is very easy to come by in this game, use your trader and collector roles to make a lot of cash fast, you can make upwards of $4000 in a day if you apply yourself, and with the cash you can buy these saddles, most of them, I think tthe panther saddle is gold only and I think it is like 18 gold, but to me it was well worth it, I'm pretty sure there was no nocodolches saddle when I bought my panther saddle, and even though it is tan, I used it on my Grey Trotter because it was so good, but now things are different, there are a lot of great saddles.

• Like 2