Moonshiner griefing

As a relatively new player to RDR (only since PC launch), I have had a few issues with random imbeciles thinking it was funny to headshot me, but nothing beats what just happened tonight.

Finished my latest batch of shine and went to do the delivery - and some moron is waiting outside the shack and fire-bombs my wagon before I can even move, destroying it and killing me - he then decides to chase me on respawn and headshot me - way to go [removed], you uber-mature, highly intelligent individual!

There really should be  a way to deal with these pond-life.

Edited by Kean_1
Removed player name

Please remember not to name and shame.

You have the option to report players like that both in-game and through the R*Support site. 

I would also provide feedback / details to them regarding the circumstances of what happened as it seems this potential to camp could be a problem.

I haven't had a chance to play the new content so I have no idea what options there may be to mitigate this kind of risk.

well tips for newbie , join a legendary bounty hunter then quit to free roam , ull probably be in a private server after that , do ur delivery...  i understand it sucks , me i got invited to a shack by a random.. i go see for fun maybe he needed help ... they were 2-3 outside griefing everyone that was teleporting...

On 12/16/2019 at 1:41 AM, Kean_1 said:

Please remember not to name and shame.

You have the option to report players like that both in-game and through the R*Support site. 

I would also provide feedback / details to them regarding the circumstances of what happened as it seems this potential to camp could be a problem.

I haven't had a chance to play the new content so I have no idea what options there may be to mitigate this kind of risk.

Thanks for the feedback, I had no idea that using a player name was an issue, so I apologise for that, although it is kind of ironic when reporting a griefer!

There is no clear way of reporting in game (unless you areferring to the option to "press charges" or whatever it is - there is never any feedback on it, so whilst I use it, I cannot report any success from doing so). I once accidentally shot someone who attacked my target and similarly had no way to apologise as there is no in-game chat.

With regard to reporting to R*, I should think they are so busy squashing the myriad and huge bugs to bother . . . the feedback I have got from that is next to valueless and gave the appearance that the issues I raised had not even been read, which is disappointing.

I do have a list of those who have acted unreasonably, so if anyone can point me in the right direction, I will happily hold them to account.

Thanks, I logged in just to check and found that, but it doesn't let me select anyone who is not CURRENTLY on my server, so I can do nothing about it! - when I search support, it says I can report a player through "social club" and the "tools" there . . . there are no "tools" options and searching provides no results - awesome customer service!

I have now blocked the genius concerned (whose profile is anonymous) and set my status to "defensive", we'll see how much effect that has!

51 minutes ago, Killy_the_Bid said:

Thanks, I logged in just to check and found that, but it doesn't let me select anyone who is not CURRENTLY on my server, so I can do nothing about it! - when I search support, it says I can report a player through "social club" and the "tools" there . . . there are no "tools" options and searching provides no results - awesome customer service!

I have now blocked the genius concerned (whose profile is anonymous) and set my status to "defensive", we'll see how much effect that has!

Push comes to shove, write down the names and report them manually on the Rockstar site. That is always an option. It takes a few extra steps but it gets the job done.

18 hours ago, Killy_the_Bid said:

Thanks for the feedback, I had no idea that using a player name was an issue, so I apologise for that, although it is kind of ironic when reporting a griefer!

No problem.

Thedifference is that you're not calling out someone publically when reporting them to R*. When folks do that in a public forum, it can cause problems with retaliation, claims of false accusations, toxic exchanges, etc.  That's why it's not allowed. We rather people use the reporting tools R* has provided.

18 hours ago, Killy_the_Bid said:

There is no clear way of reporting in game (unless you areferring to the option to "press charges" or whatever it is - there is never any feedback on it, so whilst I use it, I cannot report any success from doing so). I once accidentally shot someone who attacked my target and similarly had no way to apologise as there is no in-game chat.

With regard to reporting to R*, I should think they are so busy squashing the myriad and huge bugs to bother . . . the feedback I have got from that is next to valueless and gave the appearance that the issues I raised had not even been read, which is disappointing.

I do have a list of those who have acted unreasonably, so if anyone can point me in the right direction, I will happily hold them to account.

It's on the R* Support page. You can report individuals or groups. ......sorry, I'm replying from my phone and quite frankly, haven't been well otherwise I'd be providing more detail in my responses.

On 12/15/2019 at 10:54 PM, Killy_the_Bid said:

As a relatively new player to RDR (only since PC launch), I have had a few issues with random imbeciles thinking it was funny to headshot me, but nothing beats what just happened tonight.

Finished my latest batch of shine and went to do the delivery - and some moron is waiting outside the shack and fire-bombs my wagon before I can even move, destroying it and killing me - he then decides to chase me on respawn and headshot me - way to go [removed], you uber-mature, highly intelligent individual!

well... this kind of stuff started to happen with me just a couple of days ago, mostly when i'm playing in defensive mode.

now there's people burning and exploding my character and my horses all the time for nothing at all. they even put dynamite on my hunt wagon and i think that no one wins nothing with it. dynamite has been using lately a lot on defensive player.

probably some players already got tired of the game and decided to kill the joy of other players, but the main problem is always the bad design of this game. rockstar has no vision at all for pve players. they do beautiful single player games but they have always been highly incompetent with multiplayer.

4 hours ago, Freakshow9191 said:

After reading this thread I did have one little question.

What can that player be reported for? 

Not defending the player, or saying its not a jerk move, but, what violation did this person commit? 

I think you can report players for general cheating/hacking as per usual but you can also report them for harassment. This would likely fall under that because the player is going out of their way to purposely interrupt someone else playing the game. 

oh btw... one thing that just happened to me right now and that i also noticed that have been increasing, is people killing my horse and then running away.

is there some mission to kill horses? do we earn something other than xp from killing other players horses? or... again... might it just other players tired of the game?

16 hours ago, SaulGoodMan said:

I think you can report players for general cheating/hacking as per usual but you can also report them for harassment. This would likely fall under that because the player is going out of their way to purposely interrupt someone else playing the game. 

I was out at Manzanita post, picking herbs. Player rides by on horse, hits me with a nice headshot. Respawn, go back to herb picking.  

An hour later I head back to shine shack and who do I see just starting a shine delivery?  Well,  imagine what I did. 

Point is I guess, is how can rockstar possibly enforce  harrasment when a player uses explosives on a wagon, in a game that provides explosives to players for use on wagons?  And...rewards the player with xp for doing it? 

PS: for the record, mine has been blown up at the start too.  I do think it's a problem. With only 6 shacks, and the wagon spawning directly in front of the shack, the potential for abuse is sky high.  I've seen several runs start, never messed with them except for payback on that guy.  Rockstar should spawn wagons farther away, or give you a wide safe zone to get your bearings and a plan at least. 

Edited by Freakshow9191

Got my moonshine wagon set on fire as well today. Surprised it took this long. Merry Christmas, I guess, season to be jolly and all.

It wasn't at the start though, it was close to the destination. (Quaker's Cove.)

The odd thing, the wagon took no damage. So I'm wondering what happened.

My best guess is that, even though it doesn't pop up, the small area around the drop off point is a safe zone, like in the Stranger missions. I'd estimate that I wasn't in that safe zone yet when the wagon got hit initially, but was in it a few seconds later. (I kept driving a bit, and when the fire got big enough, the wagon stopped and my character jumped off automatically - when it came to a stop it was pretty close to the yellow marker.) Anyway, fire went out quickly, wagon looked scorched, but I got back on it and delivered all 20 bottles.

Or did R* change it recently so moonshine wagons are invulnerable to fire? (Pretty sure it was a fire arrow, could have been a bottle, but definitely no explosives.)

While playing on PC I can honestly say that I haven't seen any griefers yet, compared to PS4 where you seem to see them every 5 minutes, if your a decent level you should be able to handle them and although it's annoying, it seems like it's something R* want in the game. At the end of the day all they are doing is playing the game was a quote I read on some R* site which I guess is correct in some respects. In any game you get players that just like to spoil your fun, and although as annoying as hell, nothing will come of it. In most regards to griefers it's children, some as low as 8 to 10 years old because I have heard them trying to stifle their giggles on comms. Now you can do something by reporting children that are playing an 18 rated game, saying that have you ever heard the children on GTA 5 online, there must be loads of them, and that game is griefer paradise.

On 12/15/2019 at 10:54 PM, Killy_the_Bid said:

this happened to me a couple of times yesterday and today. when the delivery mission start they throw a lot of dynamite killing my character (even in defensive mode) and destroying the mission. the second time i was able to left the wagon in time and i tried to kill the player, but he was in the safe area of the shaft and i couldn't hit him. the weird thing is that he was able to hit me from the shaft. i'm not sure if this is some kind of cheat or another incompetent game design -- rockstar is placing the start of the mission in an unsafe zone and the offensive players on a safe zone -- this is completely retarded because there's not even a way for us to defend the delivery.

anyway... i never tried to destroy moonshine wagon. what do we get from it?

are any of you still able to do moonshine deliveries?

on my account i'm no longer able to do it, i always get stuck in a black infinite load screen. today i left it loading for about one hour but nothing happened. did rockstar disabled this missions on all accounts?

5 minutes ago, flu007 said:

Did one earlier today, worked fine. In fact, I've not had the infinite load screen in quite a while, at least 15 or 20 deliveries ago.

after the moonshine update i started to get an infinite load screen on every time that i try to use the main menu without restarting the game. i think that they did that to force people to pay the fast travel instead of select a new region from menu, but other than that i never got an infinite load screen in game until yesterday. after i reached moonshiner level 7 i also started to get an infinite load screen on the start of every delivery mission.

i still can level up moonshiner with other missions but i'm no longer able to make money with moonshiner.

I had an issues with a few players the other day. They kept gunning me down. I tried to hop on another server but it kept putting me back on the same one which was annoying.

Is there some kind of incentive for players to do this while you are working on the moonshiner missions? 

5 hours ago, KVNknowsbest said:

I had an issues with a few players the other day. They kept gunning me down. I tried to hop on another server but it kept putting me back on the same one which was annoying.

Is there some kind of incentive for players to do this while you are working on the moonshiner missions? 

Not really.  ......unless the incentive is the enjoyment they get out of doing it.  

I would encourage folks to submit their experiences and suggestions via the R* Feedback page if they find folks are camping out at locations looking to stop deliveries, etc.  It's obvious some of the mechanics need tweaking to make them more fair for business owners.  

https://www.rockstargames.com/reddeadonline/feedback?redirect_lang=en_us

• Like 1
On 12/19/2019 at 11:38 AM, Freakshow9191 said:

I was out at Manzanita post, picking herbs. Player rides by on horse, hits me with a nice headshot. Respawn, go back to herb picking.  

An hour later I head back to shine shack and who do I see just starting a shine delivery?  Well,  imagine what I did. 

Point is I guess, is how can rockstar possibly enforce  harrasment when a player uses explosives on a wagon, in a game that provides explosives to players for use on wagons?  And...rewards the player with xp for doing it? 

PS: for the record, mine has been blown up at the start too.  I do think it's a problem. With only 6 shacks, and the wagon spawning directly in front of the shack, the potential for abuse is sky high.  I've seen several runs start, never messed with them except for payback on that guy.  Rockstar should spawn wagons farther away, or give you a wide safe zone to get your bearings and a plan at least. 

I think it applies more to people who keep doing things over and over again. Like someone head-shotting you and an hour later, you getting revenge is the standard of the game. Had he kept showing up and killing you over and over again and then taunting you, that I would consider harassment. 

They need to have an option to "avoid player" though which would make this easier. Like you put a person on a list and it will never put you in the same lobby. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/30/2019 at 3:47 PM, Kean_1 said:

Not really.  ......unless the incentive is the enjoyment they get out of doing it.  

I would encourage folks to submit their experiences and suggestions via the R* Feedback page if they find folks are camping out at locations looking to stop deliveries, etc.  It's obvious some of the mechanics need tweaking to make them more fair for business owners.  

https://www.rockstargames.com/reddeadonline/feedback?redirect_lang=en_us

I have sent some feedback on the issues, 3 times now. They responded once and it was not helpful, but what else is new. I guess if they know there is an issue and they don't have a fix, they can't be helpful.

23 minutes ago, KVNknowsbest said:

I have sent some feedback on the issues, 3 times now. They responded once and it was not helpful, but what else is new. I guess if they know there is an issue and they don't have a fix, they can't be helpful.

The Feedback site is more like a suggestion box. They don't reply back to submissions or if they do it would be rare.  It was simply meant as a way for people to send in their complaints, suggestions, etc.

The Support site is a different matter but is used to report bugs, technical issues, cheating players, etc.