How can I get max money for goods?

CrabApples

hi first u want to level your trader until u can buy the Large delivery wagon from crips in wilderness outfitters in ur camp , then u get 100/100 by donating animals and doing ur resupply , and when ur going to start delivery press rightpad to distant delivery  max at 625$ 2500xp per delivery

• Like 3

And yes it requires you to buy the medium delivery wagon before it will let you buy the large wagon.  

Just make sure you "posse up"  if you choose that distant delivery.

I hear there are people out there that might like to steal it.  😜

Edited by Freakshow9191
  • Like 1

I'd recommend buying the hunting wagon as soon as you're able. That makes keeping Cripps stocked so much easier, plus if you're in need of cash, filling the wagon and selling to a butcher will bring decent cash pretty quickly.

As others mentioned, the large wagon is what makes the most money, but it sure takes a lot longer to fill, as well. You can deliver any size load (25, 50, 75 & 100), but only a full load pays well. The only time I'd do a small load is if a daily mission requires selling items and you don't have the time to wait for a full load.

One other tip is to donate everything to Cripps: feathers, fangs, antlers, etc. Every item donated brings in 5 XP, and while it doesn't seem like much, it does add up. Of course, once you max out your rank, there's no point in donating those and it's better to sell them to a butcher.

Sorry if that was more info than you were looking for. Thought it might help you and anyone else who comes across the post.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dr_Wigglespank said:

As others mentioned, the large wagon is what makes the most money, but it sure takes a lot longer to fill, as well. You can deliver any size load (25, 50, 75 & 100), but only a full load pays well.

Do you know if the largest deliveries pay more than four small deliveries in total, or is it just a time saver?

4 hours ago, FruitOfTheLum said:

Do you know if the largest deliveries pay more than four small deliveries in total, or is it just a time saver?

We tested that once early on when trader was new.  

I can't remember the exact dollar amount, but you do make more doing 100 goods distant as opposed to doing 25 goods 4 times distant.  

Not to mention being exposed to bandits 4 times as opposed to once.  

It's also worth noting the massive drop in price if your wagon isn't full.  There is a big difference between delivering 99 goods instead of 100.  Definitely be patient and make sure the wagon is full.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Freakshow9191 said:

We tested that once early on when trader was new.  

I can't remember the exact dollar amount, but you do make more doing 100 goods distant as opposed to doing 25 goods 4 times distant.  

Not to mention being exposed to bandits 4 times as opposed to once.  

It's also worth noting the massive drop in price if your wagon isn't full.  There is a big difference between delivering 99 goods instead of 100.  Definitely be patient and make sure the wagon is full.  

Oh! I've been avoiding buying the bigger wagons as I figured it was just a combination deal, and I don't mind doing the delivery missions more often. Guess I'd best stop buying hats and save up for the wagons then!

You get much more for big deliveries.  I mean 10x the money, for 4x the goods.

Clearly the good people of made-up RDO America haven't been to economics classes to learn about economies of scale and price elasticity in plentiful resources.

• Like 1

On 1/22/2020 at 6:16 PM, FruitOfTheLum said:

I thought that was worth looking into, so I checked the prices for different loads. I thought the prices were different with each wagon upgrade, but I'm not sure about that and I don't see a way to switch wagons. With the large wagon, these are the prices for each level:

25 goods = $62.50 local or $78.12 distant

50 goods = $150 local or $187.50 distant

75 goods = $300 local or $375 distant

100 goods = $500 local or $625 distant

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, Dr_Wigglespank said:

I thought that was worth looking into, so I checked the prices for different loads. I thought the prices were different with each wagon upgrade, but I'm not sure about that and I don't see a way to switch wagons. With the large wagon, these are the prices for each level:

Thanks for posting this. I was wondering about what you earn myself. I didn't know I could get more than $300. This is good to know.

11 hours ago, Dr_Wigglespank said:

It's definitely worth getting the large wagon and taking full loads then. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Was invited in a posse the other day and they showed me how they made money. As a posse-member I was instructed to stand inside the yellow area when the goods was delivered. By beeing a posse-member and beeing inside the yellow area I was given  a full $500 payout. So when three ore moore possemember worked together, their money grew fast!

Edited by Tom Dooley

16 hours ago, Tom Dooley said:

Was invited in a posse the other day and they showed me how they made money. As a posse-member I was instructed to stand inside the yellow area when the goods was delivered. By beeing a posse-member and beeing inside the yellow area I was given  a full $500 payout. So when three ore moore possemember worked together, their money grew fast!

I knew you got rewarded extra for being in a posse while doing missions and what not but I didn't know they have that much more. What exactly were they doing to earn it though?

On 1/22/2020 at 10:19 PM, Freakshow9191 said:

Just make sure you "posse up"  if you choose that distant delivery.

I hear there are people out there that might like to steal it.  😜

Yeah im one of them :)   Sadly there is a glitch since the beggining and not yet patched that allows you to "reset" your distant delivery without loosing the goods even when your wagon got destroyed....... so for those that know how it works its pointless to posse up. You can do it alone with 100% succes rate just some times when you get attacked and cant handle the enemy you reset the trip.        

That is a major bummer and they are not adressing it like tons of other stuff but hey !!! 25 % discount on the camp dog or more XP for roles so you can finish them in 2 days !!! Yay !!!!

Edited by James Hickok_1837

7 hours ago, James Hickok_1837 said:

Yeah im one of them :)   Sadly there is a glitch since the beggining and not yet patched that allows you to "reset" your distant delivery without loosing the goods even when your wagon got destroyed....... so for those that know how it works its pointless to posse up. You can do it alone with 100% succes rate just some times when you get attacked and cant handle the enemy you reset the trip.        

That is a major bummer and they are not adressing it 

I've noticed this several times recently. I haven't logged on for 5 days now largely due to this.

It used to be for almost any or no reason you could lose your wagon, disconnects, glitches, whatever.  

Not sure when it changed, but now, like you said, there's no point in attacking a wagon.  At the first sign of trouble they just quit game and that's that. It's lame. 

About the ONLY reason I play is wagon hunting. Its the hardest most exciting part of free roam, hands down.  And now that we've lost it, I really don't have the desire to log on anymore. 

Let's just have private safe no shooting lobbies where the NPCs have no weapons, no predatory animals, no cliffs to fall off of or rocks to trip over. 

For those who like the new wagon behavior, I would ask......

If there's no challenge,or risk are you even playing a "game" anymore?  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Freakshow9191 said:

I wasn't aware of the glitch, but I'm not against it. I won't be using it, as I agree that a certain amount of risk is part of the fun, but I can understand why some don't want to lose what they've worked for. It takes a long time & effort to fill a wagon.

Even without any risk, it is definitely still a game, and people play for many reasons. To me, Free Roam is the relaxing part of the game. I just want to kick back and play the roles provided. The occasional interactions with real players are fun, but not the main reason I play. There are lots of PvP events to take part in if one enjoys that side of the game.

I guess that's why there are so many posts & vids calling for private lobbies. It would seem lots of people really don't want to deal with other players, at all.

11 hours ago, Dr_Wigglespank said:

... as I agree that a certain amount of risk is part of the fun, but I can understand why some don't want to lose what they've worked for. It takes a long time & effort to fill a wagon.

If they dont want to take the risk of loosing they could choose local delivery for 500 $. Going for extra cash from trade involves the risk of loosing it all and You decide if you want to take that risk. It was supposed to work as intended but its broken. Its that simple really. Some players like to take the risk of delivering the distant delivery and some players like to hunt wagons. That is a major aspect of the game isnt it? 

15 hours ago, Freakshow9191 said:

I've noticed this several times recently. I haven't logged on for 5 days now largely due to this.

It used to be for almost any or no reason you could lose your wagon, disconnects, glitches, whatever.  

Not sure when it changed, but now, like you said, there's no point in attacking a wagon.  At the first sign of trouble they just quit game and that's that. It's lame. 

About the ONLY reason I play is wagon hunting. Its the hardest most exciting part of free roam, hands down.  And now that we've lost it, I really don't have the desire to log on anymore. 

Let's just have private safe no shooting lobbies where the NPCs have no weapons, no predatory animals, no cliffs to fall off of or rocks to trip over. 

I agree 100%

Stopped playing online as well until they sort stuff out. There is just too many things going wrong with the game - we are deprived of major game content. 

At the moment im finishing the last parts of exotics quest in Story Mode and im only few steps away from total completion of 100% and Best on the West achievement (98,5% atm).     

• Like 1

10 hours ago, James Hickok_1837 said:

If they dont want to take the risk of loosing they could choose local delivery for 500 $. Going for extra cash from trade involves the risk of loosing it all and You decide if you want to take that risk. It was supposed to work as intended but its broken. Its that simple really. Some players like to take the risk of delivering the distant delivery and some players like to hunt wagons. That is a major aspect of the game isnt it? 

I haven't been doing the trader role much lately (been concentrating on leveling up Moonshiner) and forgot about the safe option. I have no problem with wagon hunting and agree that it's a risk you accept by choosing the long delivery.

With the safe option being available, I can agree that using the glitch is a rather crappy thing to do.

• Thanks 1

I don’t make much myself I took a break for a couple months so my trader and moonshiner role aren’t very high like maybe five for trader and three for moonshiner I started the roles rite before I took my breaki only have the small delivery wagon but I keep the materials so well stocked that just about always have two or three loads worth so I deliver those then go to moonshine while it  builds back up so I plays for maybe two or three hours real time I. An make about 800 or so. piece of advice do the bootleggers mission while doing moonshine makes the mash cheaper so more profit. Since the animal spawn issue I’ve had my trader camp down in gaptooth ridge I find lots of animals around armadillo and tumble weed mostly proghorn but also desert big horn sheep every now and then and desert Iguanas and have had a lot of success s in finding boar in southern region of gaptooth ridge 

JAmes hicok_1837 I haven’t used any of the glitch’s which I don’t think there is anything wrong with it. I like to grind for what I get younger that filling of Accomplishment and you feel proud of it and I think that’s a big part of what the game is about. I mean I don’t make as much money as I would with the glitch but at the moment only being level 5 trader and level 3 moonshiner I only have small delivery wagon not I can play for two maybe three hours and make 800. My trader materials is almost always full so when I get on I have four loads ready to go and I do the bootlegger missions do the mash for my moonshine is free and I’m makeing a tropical punch flovored one do it sells for more

Edited by Kean_1
Combined consecutive posts

On 2/7/2020 at 4:52 PM, Anc1entC0re said:

Soon as I was able to, I upgraded my wagon. It isn't exactly hard to make money online but at the start when you want to keep buying stuff, the money doesn't last. Worth focusing on things that will reward you first.

That is what I learned early on. If you can use something to make more money, it is worth buying. If you are just buying cosmetic stuff or stuff you don't really need, you will struggle with keeping your income up. At least in the beginning. It gets stupid easy eventually. 

On 2/14/2020 at 12:28 AM, shiverz said:

That is what I learned early on. If you can use something to make more money, it is worth buying. If you are just buying cosmetic stuff or stuff you don't really need, you will struggle with keeping your income up. At least in the beginning. It gets stupid easy eventually. 

That is one thing that kind of bummed me out about online. You get to a point where you have too much money and not enough to do. Should have made it slightly harder when you leveled up.

• 11 months later...

Hello. I recently sold goods to distant delivery for more than $900. I usually get $500 for local delivery ande $650 to distant, but when I was at Big Vallez location, it gave me just abou $550 for distant delivery. It's worth mentioning, I was always a leader of temporarly pose. But how come it sometimes offer me less than $625 as pose leader for distant delivery, and another time it gives me about $949 for the same thing [I always sell 100 goods]. Are there places for camp, where you get more/less money than usual $625?? And if so, which places of camps offer you more than that?? Thank you!