Jump to content

Would you have rather not known John Marston was in the game?


CowBoii
 Share

Recommended Posts

I was thinking about this and I think I would have gotten more out of the game in the moment had they not even shown him in the trailer. Like imagine just playing the game and suddenly a young John appears. I would have loved for that to have been a surprise. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, "DOC" said:

You'll obviously START as "Arthur" and probably the second half as John.M but it continues as a part three when you were Jack.M. Now put it together in this order "Arthur","John","Jack".

 

Profound.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, "DOC" said:

You'll obviously START as "Arthur" and probably the second half as John.M but it continues as a part three when you were Jack.M. Now put it together in this order "Arthur","John","Jack".

 

tenor.gif?itemid=9563043

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I like knowing because it was something I was wondering since I first heard they were doing the second one. I mean I loved John in the first game, his role and character through the entire game was part of the reason I enjoyed it so much. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/3/2018 at 2:47 PM, jACKx said:

I am not bothered either way as I was expecting to see him after we saw the second trailer. You know it involved Dutch's gang and the time frame was a bit obvious so it was a given.

Pretty much the same for me. I kind of assumed he was going to be in it anyways and they really didn't give away much at all pertaining to his role in the story so I am not fussed. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, FLIP said:

Pretty much the same for me. I kind of assumed he was going to be in it anyways and they really didn't give away much at all pertaining to his role in the story so I am not fussed. 

I think it's safe to assume Rob Wiethoff will be voicing him too, as everything around this has been hush-hush so far.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/3/2018 at 1:21 PM, Kean_1 said:

tenor.gif?itemid=9563043

My mind is not blown. I guess I'm missing something. 

All this aside, I really would like to see one of my favorites from the original -- Nigel West Dickens. But as this is a prequel, and Marston never met Dickens before the first game, I figure his inclusion is highly doubtful.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

5 hours ago, Cokeyskunk said:

My mind is not blown. I guess I'm missing something. 

That was actually a representation of my own mind being blown.  ......as Arch mentioned.    There were a couple other head-scratchers from that day as well that built up to it. ;)

Edited by Kean_1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Benjo said:

I think it's safe to assume Rob Wiethoff will be voicing him too, as everything around this has been hush-hush so far.

I could make babies to his voice so I will gladly welcome it back. 

 

I realize how wrong that sounds but he made John such a badass without John even being a villain or anything. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Kean_1 said:

 

That was actually a representation of my own mind being blown.  ......as Arch mentioned.    There were a couple other head-scratchers from that day as well that built up to it. ;)

Okay, so I'm glad I'm not the only one left in the dark. ????

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/2/2018 at 6:07 AM, CowBoii said:

I was thinking about this and I think I would have gotten more out of the game in the moment had they not even shown him in the trailer. Like imagine just playing the game and suddenly a young John appears. I would have loved for that to have been a surprise. 

I can understand that but I think many players wanted to know as he is a beloved character and seeing as it is a prequel, it wasn't difficult to guess that he would be around. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am fine either way. I was just as happy to see him in the trailer as I would have been to see him in the game. We don't know how he will be introduced or what role he plays in the story so there is still a lot to enjoy from his character. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Knowing now that he is in the game, yes I would have rather not known but knowing me, I would have said I wish I knew sooner had it been the other way around. I am hard to please when it comes to things like this in video games. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We would've known immediately once we started playing, anyway, because Marston was in the gang.

From what I can tell, this about Dutch's gang being split in two over the bank robbery that causes Marston to eventually be caught by the Feds.  When Dutch is faced with turning himself in, he abandons Marston, causing a rift within the Dutch gang.  I'm assuming that Arthur breaks off, along with a few others against Dutch.  I'm also pretty sure that the woman who says "he'll never change," in the 3rd trailer is Abigail Marston, because Abigail was a prostitute who often hung around the gang, which also leads me to believe that Dutch envied Marston, therefore selling him out to authorities.  In the original RDR, Dutch makes a few backhanded compliments to Marston about Abigail, implying there's some kind of history between them.

That's just my theory...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/15/2018 at 6:12 PM, BelleStarr said:

I can understand that but I think many players wanted to know as he is a beloved character and seeing as it is a prequel, it wasn't difficult to guess that he would be around. 

Yeah I guess so. 

On 7/29/2018 at 11:32 AM, X S said:

We would've known immediately once we started playing, anyway, because Marston was in the gang.

From what I can tell, this about Dutch's gang being split in two over the bank robbery that causes Marston to eventually be caught by the Feds.  When Dutch is faced with turning himself in, he abandons Marston, causing a rift within the Dutch gang.  I'm assuming that Arthur breaks off, along with a few others against Dutch.  I'm also pretty sure that the woman who says "he'll never change," in the 3rd trailer is Abigail Marston, because Abigail was a prostitute who often hung around the gang, which also leads me to believe that Dutch envied Marston, therefore selling him out to authorities.  In the original RDR, Dutch makes a few backhanded compliments to Marston about Abigail, implying there's some kind of history between them.

That's just my theory...

Is he going to be in the gang at the beginning of the game though? I don't remember the years he was in it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

LATEST RDR2 NEWS CLIPS

×
×
  • Create New...