Why is Online mode so bad?

Sportty

Question

17 answers to this question

I agree with Kormath. The Beta version will be a repetitive system. This is RS time to fix bugs and adjust the system. Example the economy, it was rough in first release. They have fixed it some. There will be a lot more to come. I'd get the game back. Have a good one.

• Like 1

On 12/29/2018 at 7:30 PM, ChrisCr0ss said:

LOL They haven't even added on a lot of the features yet. They are allowing us to be part of the testing process chill out dude. I think you jumped the gun there and will regret selling the game.

One less we have to bother with. :) 

• Like 1

I have played plenty of games in beta so I am used to the issues people are having. I think a lot of core console gamers are not used to all of it. If you played PC gaming, you might have been introduced to the concept of beta testing more and would not have been so quick to sell it. Oh well!

• Like 1

As everyone else has mentioned, it's just the beta phase & they're working on fixing all the bugs & kinks. I imagine afterwards they'll work on releasing more content. Remember when GTA 5 Online first released? It was pretty bleak & boring. Look at how much it's expanded. I'm sure Rockstar will do the same with RDO in due time

• Like 1

On 12/28/2018 at 11:13 PM, Sportty said:

It feels so poor and repetitive.... dead and empty. Why was it released like this? I quit playing and sold the game.

Patience is a virtue. It is obvious the online mode is not ready. RS have been caught out. Hence this long beta period. Benefit of hindsight. RS should not have released online until this year. When it was ready. But I guess they could see even a broken game would make money. 

Hello @Sportty

This thread has been moved to Questions & Answers subforum in the Red Dead Online category. In the future, please make sure you are posting in the correct category so we can keep things tidy, and help get you to the correct and necessary audience.

Thank you very much for your understanding. 

Regards 🤠

On 12/28/2018 at 9:13 PM, Sportty said:

It feels so poor and repetitive.... dead and empty. Why was it released like this? I quit playing and sold the game.

I was gonna agree with your post by saying online lacks a lot in terms of game-play offered that differs from story mode right now, but to sell the game instead of waiting till the mode leaves beta and then make your decision is pretty rash and unthought-out (if that's a word) of you. Then if Rockstar didn't keep up with your hopes after beta you could sell or dispose of your copy.

I disagree with the statement "its a beta", if I paid 60 dollars for a game (others have paid up to 100) then this "Beta shouldn't have microtransactions in it at all or at least before initial release. It seems like a quick cash grab in a way. Which I hope is not true.

52 minutes ago, Born Homicidal said:

I disagree with the statement "its a beta", if I paid 60 dollars for a game (others have paid up to 100) then this "Beta shouldn't have microtransactions in it at all or at least before initial release. It seems like a quick cash grab in a way. Which I hope is not true.

Well, they probably say that because it is a beta.  Whether some folks choose not to accept that statement is not going to change the fact that it is.

Also, R* was up front that RDO would be a work in process that would take weeks or months to develop.  .....before they even mentioned the "coming months" remark in the last progress update so (at least to me) it was no surprise.

As for MTXs, I personally don't see the issue.  You don't have to buy Gold Bars and they are not required for access to weapons, ability cards, etc. R* made it clear that anything locked behind GBs will essentially be cosmetic.  

This game is a GaaS model like GTAO.  The reality is that things like Shark Cards and GBs are an essential part of this model and are what sustain these games and drive future updates / content.  It's why GTAO is still popular and selling strong several years after it's release.  

It makes sense to me that they would establish the MTX component early on in RDO so that it's in place as they begin to release new content including new outfits, etc.  ....but again, no one is forcing players to buy those items nor are they required for access to weapons, etc.  

I never paid for Shark Cards in GTAO and probably will never buy GBs in RDO.  .....and yet I still play GTA and will likely be active in RDO long into the future as well.  IMO, they are two games I feel were well worth the $60 each I paid for them.   I can't say the same for most other titles I've purchased through the years.

8 minutes ago, BropolloCreed79 said:

The regular free roam is lacking, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't addicted to Gun Rush.  

You know, on the one out of every 10 time I try to get into a lobby that actually succeeds.

I'll wager quite a few folks feel the same way and why R* chose to focus on it last week.  

On 12/28/2018 at 10:13 AM, Sportty said:

Agreed. I played solidly until level 100 and now I am bored.

Until some new updates are released and changes made (like nerfing the bloody varmint rifle) I won't be putting in anywhere near as much time.