How long does beta testing tend to take?

#SadCowboy

This is the first game I have been a part of where beta testing was going on. I know it can take some time but I am wondering how much longer we will be where we are with RDR2 Online. Like is it going to take another several months, maybe an entire year? 

19 minutes ago, DLKnives said:

I've "heard" that there will be an update soon, maybe tomorrow. IDK how long the beta will last but they better add content as I've all but quit playing.

If an update was on the way, it should be today.. However i find it weird that they diddent announce anything yet, if this was the case.

When they in december said, that update will come "Early 2019", it could be anything. If something comes, my best guess is, either next Tuesday, OR Thursday. 

But because its R* , you never know why, when, or what they come out with :P

But i have to agree, that right now, the online part is getting pretty dull. 

Beta usually takes from a week or more pending on discoveries.  This started in November and I hear rumors of next batches of changes are to be this month.  Will that be the end of the beta.  I don't know, but from what I hear it sounds like they are just going to make adjustments.  It could be we play for months and then one day it just won't be a beta anymore.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, YodaMan 3D said:

Beta usually takes from a week or more pending on discoveries.  This started in November and I hear rumors of next batches of changes are to be this month.  Will that be the end of the beta.  I don't know, but from what I hear it sounds like they are just going to make adjustments.  It could be we play for months and then one day it just won't be a beta anymore.

I am thinking it will be in beta for at least another month or two given the amount of issues players are still having. I guess we will find out after the next big patch where the game stands. 

On 1/5/2019 at 7:14 PM, riptide87 said:

No way of knowing. Some devs get games done and out of beta in a few days or weeks, others take months... Some take years. 

Given that this is Rockstar, I can't see it taking any longer than 4 months total time. 

Exactly, look at Ubisoft and The Division, after 3 years they are finally releasing TD2 in the spring.  It only took them 3 years of TD being a beta for them to "fix" their issues.

The Beta can last as long as they want it to last honestly. If they are not satisfied with calling it the "official version" it will stay beta. Honestly, it really doesn't matter to me what they call it, because they can just keep adding features and fix bugs along the way even if it was called the official version. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, DylBandit said:

The Beta can last as long as they want it to last honestly. If they are not satisfied with calling it the "official version" it will stay beta. Honestly, it really doesn't matter to me what they call it, because they can just keep adding features and fix bugs along the way even if it was called the official version. 

I agree, as long as we actually get a feeling they are doing something. They now had over a month of datagathering and only changed minor issues regarding the economy basically. The floating boats in the sky / the level 1 horse / ghost areas on servers from time to time (nothing respawning) / the endless crafting (serverbased issue) I consider to be things that should have been tackled already. Also the stranger missions not starting or starting with a delay of a minute or more is something that should have been fixed.

PVP wise I heard about bad spawning but can't really discuss this as I shun PVP because I don't want to git gud :)

Having written this, Rockstar really should start rolling out something posse related with actual decent rewards. Yesterday I rode with a 4 person posse for about 6 hours doing stranger mission after stranger mission. In the end I might have made 1.5 gold bars and 1 level xp and perhaps 250 to 300 usd. It is really bad as besides the increase in gold I can get the xp and money within 2 hours of play or even less by hunting. It is really imbalanced and either should be adressed or more rewarding posse related content should be coming soon.