Jump to content

racist people


EazyX
 Share

Recommended Posts

Look pasties months I Red Dead Redemption Online a lot and what I have found kind of sucks first I made a character who was white nothing out of the ordinary every now and then they would be a few douchebags who would mess with you and stuff like that but it wouldn't the last longer than a couple minutes now I made a black character cuz I am a black man and I found that I couldn't go to a game at all. Getting shot at or being roped up by random people randomly I just think a lot of racist people on here or people being racist towards black people in this game which you don't need to I mean it's a game and if you fully immerse yourself in you want to take on the part of a racist hillbilly and wants to rope black people up I mean look man I just think it sucked up wish there was some way to solve this problem which was probably a hard problem to solve let me know if anyone on here has felt the same way at all I mean for me and my friends which it's a group of black guys have all felt the same way and no we don't go on there and grief because let's be honest that's really annoying and we're trying to play the game and enjoy it have fun so let me know

  • Like 2
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I did wonder if black players got targeted more or differently and it's sad to learn that you do. My Jamaican mate said recently he's gonna have to get a PS4 so we can mosey around together (cos every time he comes round I'm on RDO and it blows him away) and I asked him if he reckons online is full of racism and he said, it will be.
He said this because when started turning up at my new house a number of the neighbours instantly pegged him as a drug dealer and caused us both a bit of bother until they learned he was a regular, good bloke, just black with a Jamaican accent. They even tried to get me evicted cos I have black friends. This is in the UK.
I'm male but play online with a female character, cos why not!, and I've noticed when I get griefed and I can hear their chat the language is usually misogynistic and quite violent against women.

I think it would be extremely difficult to solve. The band The Specials (from my old home town Coventry, a rascist hell hole in the late 70s early 80s) tried to solve it by forming a multi-racial band, so posse up  :D
Some days you just wanna go solo though.
And R* have assured us some anti-griefing methods are in the works that may help.

Edited by MaryW
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, EazyX said:

Look pasties months I Red Dead Redemption Online a lot and what I have found kind of sucks first I made a character who was white nothing out of the ordinary every now and then they would be a few douchebags who would mess with you and stuff like that but it wouldn't the last longer than a couple minutes now I made a black character cuz I am a black man and I found that I couldn't go to a game at all. Getting shot at or being roped up by random people randomly I just think a lot of racist people on here or people being racist towards black people in this game which you don't need to I mean it's a game and if you fully immerse yourself in you want to take on the part of a racist hillbilly and wants to rope black people up I mean look man I just think it sucked up wish there was some way to solve this problem which was probably a hard problem to solve let me know if anyone on here has felt the same way at all I mean for me and my friends which it's a group of black guys have all felt the same way and no we don't go on there and grief because let's be honest that's really annoying and we're trying to play the game and enjoy it have fun so let me know

Report them.  MS and Rockstar have zero tollerance for racism and such behavior.  This is one of the main reason's i don't play online

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

If you know someone is being blatantly racist to you or anyone else, just report it like mentioned. There is a fine line between humor and actual intent to cause someone emotional distress. If I am on 9GAG or at a comedy club, I expect to see some level of it but if I am playing an online video game, it isn't something I expect nor welcome. My girl was playing online for me the other day when I ran out to get some food for us. She didn't know what she was doing and was just having fun but a group of trolls were making very rude sexual remarks at her when they figured out she was a female. She didn't know how to mute them either.  I reported all of them. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

There is no reason to attack someone on a video game with this level of immaturity. I have a mixed bag of friends and we crack racey jokes with each other in private because we are all on board with it. If you are doing this kind of crap to people you don't know, it is just wrong. As everyone else mentions, report them.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/15/2019 at 7:00 PM, D3x said:

There is no reason to attack someone on a video game with this level of immaturity. I have a mixed bag of friends and we crack racey jokes with each other in private because we are all on board with it. If you are doing this kind of crap to people you don't know, it is just wrong. As everyone else mentions, report them.

I actually got reported for me and my friend joking with each other on an online game before. We must have really offended someone. It is hard to know anything about a person based on their voice aside from maybe gender if we are talking 15+ so I don't even understand this concept.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Oh online is always the same, whenever it's customizable my boyfriend always makes his character black (since he is black) and then whenever I play the amount of sexual sh*t I get fired my way cause I'm female is unreal.  Online gaming is still dominated by white men, it's not racist saying that (Cause uh, I'm white) but it's pretty much the truth I think.

But we always get issues in games with either racism or sexism.  All we can do is report it generally speaking.  It's sad that it gets this way as most of the ones saying this crap wouldn't dare so to your face, or indeed publicly to anyone, but when they're home behind a screen it's like they can say and do whatever they want.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

EasyX, I'm sorry to hear that you felt that way. I'm not sure if such kind of players are racist  or just play nasty to everyone.  I play as a white male even though I'm not white nor male. I get stabbed, shot, hog-tied, etc by all sorts of characters.  Such players do so  on purpose to spoil your game play. They want to antagonise you to obtain a retaliation from you.  I find it a waste of my own real time, ammo and resources to go after them. Most of the time, if I'm alone I just respawn and enter another session immediately.  I only retaliate hard if they shoot my fellow posses. Sometimes I feel shitty after getting killed by trollers but slowly i've grown a thick skin.  People who are nasty will be nasty. There's always be di*k-heads, racists, etc running around. Mute them during gamely, block them, report them if you see a need.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Ozy8753 said:

Hi, your welcome to join us we play every night & weekends mostly from the UK & 3 from the USA we don't grief anyone & none of us are racists if you have a mic play with us, gamer tag cliveozy.👌

thank you. very soon I'll take a mic  and I'll look for you

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/10/2019 at 3:10 AM, MaryW said:

I did wonder if black players got targeted more or differently and it's sad to learn that you do

I can almost guarantee it.  You hear it in open chat or lobbies everywhere; prepubescent kids using edgelord language to sound "cool" to an audience of strangers.  They are prone to using exploits, hacks, and glitches, simply because they can, and unfortunately, the racist and sexist elements you see online in gaming start with home life more often than not.  

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, BropolloCreed79 said:

I can almost guarantee it.  You hear it in open chat or lobbies everywhere; prepubescent kids using edgelord language to sound "cool" to an audience of strangers.  They are prone to using exploits, hacks, and glitches, simply because they can, and unfortunately, the racist and sexist elements you see online in gaming start with home life more often than not.  

What I don't get are some of these YT personalities that should know better but still let slip racial/derogatory slurs that they then regret, make excuses and have to apologize for.  .....especially when they portray themselves as "culturally sensitive".

I'm far from being any kind of SJW and I certainly believe a lot of that stuff gets taken too far, folks being too sensitive, etc.,  but I would never say some of the things these people have said and I think there's no excuse for it.  That's not the way I was raised nor the way I would raise my own child. 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...

My character is native female. I joined lots of random- posses last weeks. Sometimes, when they saw me, they kicked me out of the group and shot me. In other posses, my "mates" pointed guns on me, tried to catch me from my horse and cursed me. Im not sure if its for racist or sexist reasons, or if thats normal in this game. But I think, if youre a team, you should stand together.

 

Well, they wont get rid of me. Ill level up to a high rank and then Im gonna kick their asses.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/25/2019 at 4:15 PM, Kean_1 said:

What I don't get are some of these YT personalities that should know better but still let slip racial/derogatory slurs that they then regret, make excuses and have to apologize for.  .....especially when they portray themselves as "culturally sensitive".

I'm far from being any kind of SJW and I certainly believe a lot of that stuff gets taken too far, folks being too sensitive, etc.,  but I would never say some of the things these people have said and I think there's no excuse for it.  That's not the way I was raised nor the way I would raise my own child. 

It just makes me think this is part of their day to day language and it slipped out by accident. I tend to have a pretty clean mouth. I grew up in a house of people who sounded like truckers, including my sister and mother. I don't swear often nor do I make racey comments about others. Just isn't in my vocab to do it on the regular.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, Major Dammidge said:

I am on Xbox. While playing RDR online I saw a player and reported him simply for his gamertag. "HangsBlackPeople." I am a US Army veteran and served alongside--and befriended--soldiers who were not caucasian. So this really infuriated me. I hope he or she gets banned. 

Respect major. lets use this platform to deal with some real racism.use the tools we have.no place for this crap at all.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

I’ve not seen much when it comes to blatant racism. My character is Hispanic and I have been attacked by anyone with a weapon (black avatars, white avatars, Mexican avatars). It’s just what happens online because people are griefers. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

LATEST RDR2 NEWS CLIPS

×
×
  • Create New...