die without being able to defend yourself

peppino79

often it happens to me that when I return to the free roam after a story or unknown mission I pass from a black screen to "you have been killed by a player" without being able to defend me. it's not a problem of slow internet connection. it only happens to me ???

• Like 1

people kill you for no reason, ok. this is known by everyone.
after the loading phase I find myself dead. I do not go back to the free roam and then someone shoots me. It is a direct passage: black screen- dead .

1 hour ago, peppino79 said:

why  if I'm still loading another player can already see me next to him?

I don't know. But I feel that upon loading on to a map we should be invulnerable for like 30s/until we move. Like give us a chance to get our bearings...

It is currently part of the game design.  I have had it happen to the point where I was loading in, dead, loading in, dead, loading in, dead.  That one particular time players was just in the right place so that they could kill before I could react.  I was never given a chance to parley, only choice was just to leave the game.  I known others that have claimed to have the same issue, where they load in and be dead before they got a chance to fight back.

• Like 1

It's really the ultimate troll move, and R* is aiding and abetting it. 

When you enter the cutscene, your character exits the map, but his or her silhouette stays.  People can literally camp it until you come back, and then put one in your melon before you have a chance to move.

It happens to me every time I do a "bring me a boat/wagon/horse mission that other people are encouraged to attack you at.  They stay out of range until you enter the cut scene then pounce like single ladies when the bouquet is tossed at a wedding reception. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

happened to me as well when I first started the game, I was pissed off no doubt.

Anyways it seem that the game loads your character into the lobby before you actually are finished loading in, I'm not sure how exactly all the technological/"geek" mechanics go into it (I wish I was that smart when it came to developing) but it appears the game loads your character in and then continues to load some other aspects/features to your console so that's the reason why you're able to die but not even be in control yet.

A. I hope im right if not then oh well lol

B. Hope this makes any sense at all.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Born Homicidal said:

happened to me as well when I first started the game, I was pissed off no doubt.

Anyways it seem that the game loads your character into the lobby before you actually are finished loading in, I'm not sure how exactly all the technological/"geek" mechanics go into it (I wish I was that smart when it came to developing) but it appears the game loads your character in and then continues to load some other aspects/features to your console so that's the reason why you're able to die but not even be in control yet.

A. I hope im right if not then oh well lol

B. Hope this makes any sense at all.

Actually pretty close I think.  With out knowing exactly how they got it programmed.  I would think that server side is able to access it's data before the consoles do and are able to respond.  Could just be the delay in communication between the different machines and how fast they process that data.

• Like 1

I've said this a million times before but I think it bears repeating.....

I hope you folks are reporting these concerns to R* via their feedback page. Here's the link for those who may not know.  Please, please, please submit your feedback to them.  It's the only option we have open to us for the possibility of affecting change in RDO during its development.

https://www.rockstargames.com/reddeadredemption2/online/feedback?step=f2e50892

Share your ideas, complaints and bug reports with them.  

• Like 1

On 2/1/2019 at 11:10 AM, YodaMan 3D said:

I would think that server side is able to access it's data before the consoles do and are able to respond.  Could just be the delay in communication between the different machines and how fast they process that data.

Your console is the server! They have no dedicated servers!

I don't understand why they allow other players to know where you will spawn back in. I have gotten killed and lassoed a number of times thanks to this. You should at least have a 30 to 60 second window of time before you can be attacked. 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Glopez said:

I don't understand why they allow other players to know where you will spawn back in. I have gotten killed and lassoed a number of times thanks to this. You should at least have a 30 to 60 second window of time before you can be attacked. 

Agreed. It's bad enough that we spawn 100 yards away from where we died, but  to put our blip up right away is a bit much. The upcoming updates are supposed to have some blip modifications. Let's  hope it's what we want.

• Like 3

Normally stranger mission dont give other players a chance to kill you for quite a bit. Just the other day I was hunting in Bluewater when I saw (what I thought was) a smoke plume for a gang hideout. I naturally ride toward it and the is a stagecoach there with a guy dead on the ground. All of sudden I huge black gator comes charging at me from a distance and actually kills me(shock). I respawns and head back cuz I thought maybe I attacked it somehow and kid you not....this thing was still charging me from over 100m out(not normal gator activity). 

Anyways...out of nowhere, a player comes up and hopes in what I thought was a normal car. I watch him ride down the ride a bit for about 15 seconds then I get the HUD prompt to destroy the cart and kill the player.

He had plenty of time before it ever notified anyone he was a target for attack. The players killing you at mission start are just killing you for the sake of killing you. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, RED_DEADMAN said:

Normally stranger mission dont give other players a chance to kill you for quite a bit. Just the other day I was hunting in Bluewater when I saw (what I thought was) a smoke plume for a gang hideout. I naturally ride toward it and the is a stagecoach there with a guy dead on the ground. All of sudden I huge black gator comes charging at me from a distance and actually kills me(shock). I respawns and head back cuz I thought maybe I attacked it somehow and kid you not....this thing was still charging me from over 100m out(not normal gator activity). 

Anyways...out of nowhere, a player comes up and hopes in what I thought was a normal car. I watch him ride down the ride a bit for about 15 seconds then I get the HUD prompt to destroy the cart and kill the player.

He had plenty of time before it ever notified anyone he was a target for attack. The players killing you at mission start are just killing you for the sake of killing you. 

This is odd to me, cause all the stranger missions I can think of that allow others to participate.  It seems to me that it tells you in less then a minute after you start that others are aware and can participate.  Considering that most missions take at least 10 minutes, over 90% of that others should be aware of what you are doing, should have a fair idea of where you are going, and finally where the best places to set up to stop you.  

47 minutes ago, RED_DEADMAN said:

so, if I understand correctly, I get killed first, during the loading phase of the mission and when the mission is over I find myself dead

On 2/2/2019 at 1:59 PM, madfretter said:

Agreed. It's bad enough that we spawn 100 yards away from where we died, but  to put our blip up right away is a bit much. The upcoming updates are supposed to have some blip modifications. Let's  hope it's what we want.

I would be fine with them adding in some kind of protection window that keeps you from being attacked or dealing damage yourself to other players. Keeps it fair both ways and allows time to at least get away or prepare your guns. 

yeah, this happened to me 4 times after completing a quest, i didnt know that i was being ported to a different spot but a Griefer did as he was camping there & getting easy kills.  I didnt even get a chance to check my map & see where i was.  i respawned in the same spot.. because i HAD NO OPTION to respawn anywhere else & he killed me again before my screen had even loaded properly.

The few times that i got to leave the area he followed me around the town.. obviously as a level 3 new player with a low level horse he was able to chase me down easily and killed me 3-4 more times. 

i couldn't even report the sad sack as his name wasnt displaying in the player list.

R* CS just replied Report him in the Player menu.

40 minutes ago, teabelly said:

R* CS just replied Report him in the Player menu.

Opening a support ticket won't do anything. That for reporting bugs and help with things you can't figure out, etc.  The issue is in the game's design.  

Either way, you've gone the Support route now I would suggest you use their feedback page....

On 2/1/2019 at 9:15 AM, Kean_1 said:

I've said this a million times before but I think it bears repeating.....

I hope you folks are reporting these concerns to R* via their feedback page. Here's the link for those who may not know.  Please, please, please submit your feedback to them.  It's the only option we have open to us for the possibility of affecting change in RDO during its development.

https://www.rockstargames.com/reddeadredemption2/online/feedback?step=decd9bdb

On ‎2‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 8:10 AM, peppino79 said:

so, if I understand correctly, I get killed first, during the loading phase of the mission and when the mission is over I find myself dead

All I'm saying it people are killing you even though they... haven't been notified that you... have started a mission. They killed you even before there was an incentive for them to kill you. Just to be assholes.

• Like 2

On 2/6/2019 at 7:09 PM, VampireKrush said:

They need to get their crap together with this already. I have had issues with this myself. I think now that the trolls are more aware of it, they are just on the hunt for people to screw over.

Because it's the only chance the'll ever have to screw?

On 2/6/2019 at 5:23 PM, SNAK3S said:

I would be fine with them adding in some kind of protection window that keeps you from being attacked or dealing damage yourself to other players

A 30 second debuff or damage protection when instancing in or exiting a cutscene should work, and give you plenty of time to reorient, regardless of connection speed.

On 2/7/2019 at 11:02 AM, teabelly said:

i couldn't even report the sad no-sack as his name wasnt displaying in the player list.

Fixed.