Jump to content

Will RDR2's online outshine GTA V?


Qu3ster
 Share

Recommended Posts

I am going to ask now since we may or may not see something for the online end of the game in a few days. I am going to assume this is not the case but either ways. How do you think it will fair? Will it do better and dare I say, outshine GTA V's online gaming experience? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, CrabApples said:

If it doesn't I would be surprised. I mean with the delay and all their testing they had the chance to do for GTA would or rather should make RDR2 the best online experience with Rockstar yet. 

I agree with this. It is almost impossible that it would be anything less of GTA unless they wanted it to be less which would be stupid. 

Like I get that GTA is their long-standing baby of Rockstar but that is no reason to purposely "dumb down" a game.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I certainly hope Red Dead Redemption 2's Online outshines GTA Online, I personally didn't care too much for GTA Online and preferred Red Dead Redemption's multiplayer.

GTA Online feels like a third-person Battlefield game these days with all the military DLC but even before that I wasn't keen on how GTA Online rewarded combat using explosives rather than gunplay and for me Passive Mode felt like a game-breaking exploit which really put me off the game.

Red Dead Redemption's multiplayer on the other hand kept explosives to a minimum which encouraged gunplay and using your environment/surroundings to your advantage, I'm hoping to see a return to this type of gameplay.

I highly doubt we'll see anything about Red Dead Redemption 2's Online tomorrow but at this point I'm just glad we're finally gonna see something.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Archbell said:

I certainly hope Red Dead Redemption 2's Online outshines GTA Online, I personally didn't care too much for GTA Online and preferred Red Dead Redemption's multiplayer.

GTA Online feels like a third-person Battlefield game these days with all the military DLC but even before that I wasn't keen on how GTA Online rewarded combat using explosives rather than gunplay and for me Passive Mode felt like a game-breaking exploit which really put me off the game.

Red Dead Redemption's multiplayer on the other hand kept explosives to a minimum which encouraged gunplay and using your environment/surroundings to your advantage, I'm hoping to see a return to this type of gameplay.

I highly doubt we'll see anything about Red Dead Redemption 2's Online tomorrow but at this point I'm just glad we're finally gonna see something.

I half agree with this. While I didn't care much for GTA being that I am not a big GTA fan, and RDR online was more appealing, GTA V online was still better for various reasons. I think we are going to end up with a combo of both but the best of both at the same time. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/14/2017 at 3:28 AM, Nima021King said:

GTA Online is dead,It was cool [2 years ago]. I just hope kids don't crash the servers on the release date,however I'm not going to play online before finishing the story

Yeah it is basically a ghost town these days unless you play with a group of friends. I am not sure a lot of kids will jump on the game right away. Maybe after they see people on Twitch and Youtube playing it by then, the servers should be able to handle it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

I wanted to revisit this because I have somewhat changed my mind. I originally said it will be "as good as" or "if not better than" and to be fair here, as a fan I know it will be better for me BUT for a lot of people who will be new to the story, the characters, ect. I think it will be hard to be better for them. GTA has a long standing fan base, much longer than RDR or Revolver. Also, it is much bigger. So yeah for me it will outshine GTA V but for others who never played RDR, it likely won't. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/29/2017 at 4:46 PM, jACKx said:

I wanted to revisit this because I have somewhat changed my mind. I originally said it will be "as good as" or "if not better than" and to be fair here, as a fan I know it will be better for me BUT for a lot of people who will be new to the story, the characters, ect. I think it will be hard to be better for them. GTA has a long standing fan base, much longer than RDR or Revolver. Also, it is much bigger. So yeah for me it will outshine GTA V but for others who never played RDR, it likely won't. 

I don't get this though. Like they can easily outshine the game and bring in a lot of new fans. They know what works from GTA V too so they had something to build off of and test on. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It has so much potential to really attract players that enjoy the world and the adventures that the world could bring (just thinking back to what could have been done in RDR) but I think surely our biggest fear has to be that it will be littered with grinding and some sort of real cash for shortcut card system again.

Now if I were to put myself into their shoes I would say "yeah, that will please investors" because at the end of the day it's all about money but I still also can't help but think that there has to be some sort of middle ground to keep those "once in a while" online gamers a bit more interested without making it all about having to grind and grind and grind even more if we're too cheap.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I never considered the grinding aspect. There is a reason I could never get into WoW or games like that. I simply don't have the time nor want to invest said time into a video game. Something that requires to to level or be left behind would hinder the game. At the same time, you don't want a pay to win game either.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If I had to guess, it would be just as good or better than GTAV (as some mentioned).  My hope though would be that RDR2 (while still being as good or better) will still have enough of it's own flavor / uniqueness and not necessarily a wild west clone version of GTAV.  .....something that can stand on it's own and be called a great game based on it's own merits.

At the same time, I don't want them to ruin the magic that made GTAV so successful.  Of course I think they would be crazy not to sprinkle some of that on RDR2.

Edited by Kean_1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/6/2017 at 6:33 PM, Kean_1 said:

If I had to guess, it would be just as good or better than GTAV (as some mentioned).  My hope though would be that RDR2 (while still being as good or better) will still have enough of it's own flavor / uniqueness and not necessarily a wild west clone version of GTAV.  .....something that can stand on it's own and be called a great game based on it's own merits.

At the same time, I don't want them to ruin the magic that made GTAV so successful.  Of course I think they would be crazy not to sprinkle some of that on RDR2.

Yeah it will be this way I would imagine. Like they worked out the kinks in GTA V online and they know what people liked from RDR so I think we will get an even balance with some new stuff sprinkled in to make it feel different from GTA itself. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

LATEST RDR2 NEWS CLIPS

×
×
  • Create New...