Can we get a confirmation?

YodaMan 3D

I just read an article online, stating that Rockstar has started its plans for updates and it stated they would be coming soon.  It also stated these updates are ALL going to be PvP updates.   That PvE content will be added much later.  Yet recently, many of us have seen statements that NO UPDATES till this summer.  So what I can't figure out is, what is what is going on and which stories are believable.  With all the games coming out, does Rockstar feel that secure that they won't lose players by stringing us along for months?

3 hours ago, YodaMan 3D said:

I just read an article online, stating that Rockstar has started its plans for updates and it stated they would be coming soon.  It also stated these updates are ALL going to be PvP updates.   That PvE content will be added much later.  Yet recently, many of us have seen statements that NO UPDATES till this summer.  So what I can't figure out is, what is what is going on and which stories are believable.  With all the games coming out, does Rockstar feel that secure that they won't lose players by stringing us along for months?

What I find is that some "news sources" are taking what everyone else knows from what R* has already made public and then draw their own conclusions based off speculation.   Some even begin to throw out their own dates or specific time frames even when officially, none have been announced. 

IMO, I would rather see the source of where these articles and/or claims come from before I would even consider them legitimate. The problem I find is that folks see these claims and then run with it as fact when for all they know, they could be unsubstantiated assumptions.

Personally, until I hear it officially from R* or a source that can substantiate their claims, I simply look at those "stories" as opinion.

10 hours ago, Renascent said:

I don't have any dates, but this makes me feel a tad hopeful.

https://www.express.co.uk/entertainment/gaming/1085026/Red-Dead-Redemption-2-Multiplayer-Red-Dead-Online-Rockstar-update/amp

That's all I got. I'm still thinking maybe March or April. But I'm just guestimating at this point judging by how he said a few weeks.

Well, even the mention of "weeks" in that article is an assumption.  The last update from Rockstar said something along the lines of "coming months". 

I just said this is another thread but I listened to the shareholder webcast and there really wasn't anything very specific in that meeting to draw any concrete conclusions from.  Essentially, Zelnick said that the beta is still in the early stages and is a work in progress (nothing new for those have been following).  

There was the mention of a "content drop" for RDO in FY 2020 but no details as to what that actually would entail or how it affects releases/updates throughout 2019, the beta period, etc.  This is all big picture stuff concerning the forecasting of sales / performance.  Zelnick actually mentioned at one point in answer to a question that R* would be the one to look to regarding such news and updates on the product.

I hate speculating on this topic but I think it's safe to say that with what we've been told "officially", we still have months to go for the beta.  As for what content and how frequently that will drop during that period, I have no idea and I don't think anyone else does either. 

I don't think there is any merit to some of the rumors coming on the heels of this call about no updates coming out until 2020 (because that is definitely not what was said) or specifically what that FY2020 "content drop" means.   .....could indicate when they anticipate the beta to end and add new content like heists, a new PvP component (large scale BR), etc., etc.  The fact is that no one knows for sure and quite frankly, there was nothing in that call that (IMO) anyone could really draw and concrete conclusions from.  A lot of it was generalized as I would expect from an investor meeting.

Let's hope R* will be releasing at least some more news soon as to what we can expect.

56 minutes ago, Kean_1 said:

A lot of it was generalized as I would expect from an investor meeting.

Those are just, the WORST.

12 hours ago, Kean_1 said:

Personally, until I hear it officially from R* or a source that can substantiate their claims, I simply look at those "stories" as opinion.

I'm actually somewhat shocked that there haven't been any leaks.

16 hours ago, YodaMan 3D said:

I just read an article online, stating that Rockstar has started its plans for updates and it stated they would be coming soon

As in "Gun Media 'soon'"?

• Haha 1

I am thinking they will run an update before spring break (the week leading to Easter Sunday). Just because a lot of people are off from school and take time off from work that week. I can't imagine them not doing anything till summer. 

EDIT: Just noticed the post above me. I kind of figured we would see one.

On 2/12/2019 at 11:42 AM, Kean_1 said:

It's official.  The next update is coming 2/26:

I heard about this and didn't want to get my hopes up but it is legit thankfully. I could not have seen them holding off much longer without something. They have plenty of issues they can tackle with one update. 

2 hours ago, mizTik said:

Is there an actual page where it states what is being updated or how big the actual update file is? I am curious. It isn't that important but I am just wondering. 

That link I posted a couple replies ago to the thread contains everything that has been released about the update so far.  

There is supposed to be more details announced this week regarding the update for next week.  As to what those details will be, no one knows.  

Either way, the update is coming next week so we'll all know soon enough.

Well in all honesty, this update will not help to keep RDO populated unless the part stated with FIXES & MORE also means a bit of new content. As the first few months and at the moment still - the griefing issue is a mjor thing and addressing this issue will alleviate some part of the playerbase, there is simply the issue of the game getting boring for quite a few players. Yesterday I bought the last theme for camp I did not have, all cards/ 5 horses / 8 saddles / all guns / all pamphlets are done. As of today I will start to grind for a potential update with new content and to get a few vanity items left and right, but when I reach a certain threshold of ingame gold and USD I will just move on.

In the playerbase I am playing with I see less and less players coming online already and most of these players just grinded the essentials (not like I must have as much as possible mindset I am "still" having). In short people are getting bored with the content currently present and the repetition involving efficient grinding, as there aren't many ways to do this (getting gold usd and xp in 1 go). Also lately stranger missions are more glitchy again and even gang hideouts seem to mess up more and more, but this might be just my personal experience. 

The above increased boredom is leading to more free roam PVP / Griefing, which is substantially fueled with the ridiculous explosive ammo which nullifies the little skill already involved in gunfights to an absolute 0. The guy shooting first wins.

I truly do hope that Rockstar comes with a bit more than the mentioned update, otherwise RDO will lean solo on the fanbase that is prepared to get back in it when new content is released. That group will be significantly lower compared to the current playerbase.

2 hours ago, Euphoric77 said:

Well in all honesty, this update will not help to keep RDO populated unless the part stated with FIXES & MORE also means a bit of new content.

I wouldn't hold my breath.  Given the way the entire experience has been handled (both good and bad), I wouldn't expect much in the way of actual content until they exit beta.

2 hours ago, Euphoric77 said:

In the playerbase I am playing with I see less and less players coming online already and most of these players just grinded the essentials (not like I must have as much as possible mindset I am "still" having). In short people are getting bored with the content currently present and the repetition involving efficient grinding, as there aren't many ways to do this (getting gold usd and xp in 1 go). Also lately stranger missions are more glitchy again and even gang hideouts seem to mess up more and more, but this might be just my personal experience. 

These are critical issues, which are compounded by the impending releases of Anthem and The Division 2 in the next four weeks.  Those two titles are going to compete with RDO for players and $$$$.  I know not everyone is in the same boat, but I'm not willing to go "all-in" on more than one or two "games as a service" models at the same time.  Right now, I still play RDO, and fill in the gaps with The Division.  If I were at what R* is trying to pass off as "endgame" for RDO, though, I'd probably walk away until a bunch of new stuff had been added to do.  

12 hours ago, Kean_1 said:

As to what those details will be, no one knows.  

The Shadow knows.

They are going to do some updates and patches but no one should expect everything to be fixed just yet. It is in beta still so there is a good chance that they will fix some stuff and other things will break. It is a trial and error period. I still have high hopes they will have the game out of beta by May or June but it isn't looking purty. We will see after this update I guess. 

11 hours ago, FLIP said:

They are going to do some updates and patches but no one should expect everything to be fixed just yet. It is in beta still so there is a good chance that they will fix some stuff and other things will break. It is a trial and error period. I still have high hopes they will have the game out of beta by May or June but it isn't looking purty. We will see after this update I guess. 

We understand the whole beta thing, its just after 9 years, it shouldn't require 6 months of beta.   Just saying!

47 minutes ago, YodaMan 3D said:

We understand the whole beta thing, its just after 9 years, it shouldn't require 6 months of beta.   Just saying!

I mean I've seen other non console MMOs that were focused take almost a year to go through beta/alpha stages. So I'm not really surprised at the speed RDO is moving. Console people just expect everything right now.

And I'm sure they spend majority of that 8-9 years perfecting the storyline to be the masterpiece that it is. There's no guarantee how online will work. If they had it made 4 years ago they would have been behind the times. Multiplayer online games are evolving rapidly. Technology in general moved quickly. Why I dropped out of my tech college cuz I didn't want to try to keep up lol.

Edited by Renascent

Rockstar carefully choose every single word on their statement. So that nobody can blame rockstar for any false promise.

My friend is a lawyer, from first rockstar tweet about update, already show their concrete statement for the whole game dlc. If someone bring this issue further into lawsuit,  they just waiting with smile to counter attack. Because rockstar haven't done anything wrong within any law.

(As he said 😅)

So, basically there is nothing we can do except whining about this dlc, griefers, radar blips,  gold ...etc 

On 2/20/2019 at 7:52 AM, Renascent said:

Console people just expect everything right now

That's racist.xD

1 hour ago, zinussan50 said:

Rockstar carefully choose every single word on their statement. So that nobody can blame rockstar for any false promise.

Everything they do is calculated to protect the company from liability.  I'm convinced that same logic is why they don't have official forums, to prevent employees from speaking in an official capacity.  Limiting that gives less exposure from a liability standpoint.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BropolloCreed79 said:

That's racist.xD

Everything they do is calculated to protect the company from liability.  I'm convinced that same logic is why they don't have official forums, to prevent employees from speaking in an official capacity.  Limiting that gives less exposure from a liability standpoint.

I'm still hoping for "We also ask for your help in keeping Red Dead Online a fun and fair environment for everyone" and "Explore the world solo or with friends," comments from their own materials to promote the game to everyone. Or it might just be a matter of when since we're STILL IN BETA.

1 hour ago, Netnow66 said:

I'm still hoping for "We also ask for your help in keeping Red Dead Online a fun and fair environment for everyone" and "Explore the world solo or with friends," comments from their own materials to promote the game to everyone. Or it might just be a matter of when since we're STILL IN BETA.

Haha...agree. after see what they did to gta online, deep down I feel like all treatment given to player just PR stunt. Show everyone that they still concern & listen to fans. But in reality,  they don't give sh*t about it

Anyone or any company that success ROI within few month,  mostly endup like this. Lack of concern,  because they already making profit