Rockstar server issue with no animals, birds, etc.

boone0829

I've had that issue happen to me a couple of times over the last two weeks. Lucky for me, I was searching for treasure one of the times in Lagras and didn't have to worry about the gators. 🙂

A simple change of servers usually straightens things out. Just make sure you sell anything on your horse first. 

Last night, I kept getting disconnected repeatedly. Enough that it made the game unplayable...and I never have this issue. Perhaps they're readying the servers for the update and it's causing weird issues to surface. 

Just finished playing for an hour

In that time frame, not ONE animal, bird or fish spawned ANYWHERE!

Jumped servers approximately 15 times... hell, my horse wouldn't spawn in 5 of those sessions... once I could not get on my horse and in another my horse wouldn't move.

Cleared my xbox 1 cache and still NOTHING.

Has anybody had this problem or know of any workarounds??

• Like 2

First, welcome to the forums @nshanny73.

Personally, I would report the issue to R* Support.  I think it's vital that we report such problems especially during this beta period.  The more people that do (who are having problem), the more accurate a picture R* has of more widespread problems, etc.  

Here's a link:

https://support.rockstargames.com/categories/115001624507?redirect_lang=en_us&_ga=2.148343476.2060775431.1550515943-1719606522.1525287356

Hi @boone0829 and welcome to the forums.

I'm going to go ahead and move this to the Online sub forum.  Also, in the future you might want to keep the explanation for your topic in your post rather than the title.  I'll shorten it for you.

Having said that, I would also encourage you to report this problem through R* Support.  I've heard a couple others reporting the same problem.

https://support.rockstargames.com/categories/115001624507?redirect_lang=en_us&_ga=2.68834897.1959283164.1550521385-1719606522.1525287356

• Thanks 1

• Kean_1 changed the title to Rockstar server issue with no animals, birds, etc.

Every server I have been on this afternoon have been devoid of wildlife. The only time I have seen wildlife and been able to hunt is during missions. I recommend highly illegal, highly moral at vanhorn. Clear the town part then go hunt near Saint Denis, go sell at butcher and continue mission.

All I can say is to make sure you folks are reporting this to R* Support.  I'll probably jump on tonight and if I see the same thing, I'll be sure to let them know too.

Something else to consider is that the new XP event was suppose to be this week so perhaps something they changed has had an effect on wildlife spawning in, etc.  

On 2/18/2019 at 6:56 PM, DaveSpeek said:

It is an issue most people have run into from time to time. It is a server issue of sorts that hasn't been fixed yet. I didn't get a clear answer on why it happens from other players or Rockstar themselves.

Had it happen the other day. I decided to quit and try again the next day. It has been fine since. Now sure what causes is but I am sure they are aware of the issue by now considering it has been happening on and off for people since like December. 

I'm in the middle of creating a ticket right now.  I've had this problem since yesterday.  It is so bad that it is basically unplayable for me right now. In free roam mode, very frequent disconnects and no NPCs or animals in the environment.  I can play any of the PvP modes (showdown series, PvP, etc) without any errors.

I made an account specifically to reply to this thread. 

It is true, no animals and some NPC's are not spawning in lobbies. Does not matter how many times you refresh, the land will be baron. There are also consistent bugs that are freezing players in the shops with an infinite loading screen.

Today I saw random wild horses in dozens spawned near Blackwater and during a NYM TDM I watched a man spawn duplicates of players in droves. 

Seriously, they need to get on this. 

Additionally, I cannot call my horse or scrawny nag they do not come when I whistle, unless going to a stable to retrieve my horse and this causes the game to freeze or after suffering through loading screen the game spawns me randomly near the stable but without my horse.

Two days now of completely broken servers and no response at all from R*?  I love the game but the already near-gamebreaking bugs have now all but rendered the game DEAD.  I understand it's beta but where on Earth is the support/updates from the company??  If I have missed a post by them someone please enlighten me.  This is utterly ridiculous!

same on both counts DivineLeft

recently submitted a ticket to rockstar on this issue... expecting to get nothing but the run around in return

cleared my cache, reset my router, deleted my xbox live profile and recovered.  I thought it might have resolved when my game re synced... NOTHING!

still experiencing all of the above... wildlife, fish, horse not spawning.

Not sure if it's only happening on Xbox?  This began happening for me once the 2X XP Posse Bonus was discontinued.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, nshanny73 said:

same on both counts DivineLeft

recently submitted a ticket to rockstar on this issue... expecting to get nothing but the run around in return

cleared my cache, reset my router, deleted my xbox live profile and recovered.  I thought it might have resolved when my game re synced... NOTHING!

still experiencing all of the above... wildlife, fish, horse not spawning.

Not sure if it's only happening on Xbox?  This began happening for me once the 2X XP Posse Bonus was discontinued.

Exactly when it all started for all of us I believe.  It can't be a client side problem since there are multiple servers of us poor souls stuck in these barren worlds, locked in an endless gunfight with the crazed few who somehow still have nothing better to do than blow some poor fool's brains out over and over while he whistles for his nonexistant horse.

I'm going to go ahead and merge both threads on this topic together. 

3 hours ago, BurbonChaser said:

I put in another ticket this morning and they got back to me real quick. They said that they are aware of the situation as many people have put in tickets on this. They are trying to identify the problem and put a fix in.

Thanks for the update Burbon.  That's good news that they are aware of the issue and folks are reporting on it.

To All,

I would again encourage those who have not reported this issue (if you are encountering it) to please do so.  Even though R* is apparently aware of it, the more people that report it, the better the the chances of a quick resolution.   

https://support.rockstargames.com/categories/115001624507?redirect_lang=en_us&_ga=2.68834897.1959283164.1550521385-1719606522.152528735

2 hours ago, MissyXS said:

Two days now of completely broken servers and no response at all from R*?  I love the game but the already near-gamebreaking bugs have now all but rendered the game DEAD.  I understand it's beta but where on Earth is the support/updates from the company??  If I have missed a post by them someone please enlighten me.  This is utterly ridiculous!

I agree. issues since launch not been fixed. from bugs. hit detection in pvp. poor gun mechanics. broken freeroams. i could go on. its disgraceful that rstar are taking this long with fixes. players are stopping playing and unless the fixes are drastic will never comeback. 

1 hour ago, danjou said:

I agree. issues since launch not been fixed. from bugs. hit detection in pvp. poor gun mechanics. broken freeroams. i could go on. its disgraceful that rstar are taking this long with fixes. players are stopping playing and unless the fixes are drastic will never comeback. 

Especially, when you see how flawless and live the story mode is.

I understand the online is a different thing, but it should be just as good as Story! 

IMO, they announced the ONLINE too fast.. The idea of putting it out as a beta, i understand, and respect.. But its so empty.. Maybe its different in one year? - But most of the things they said they will ad within this year, should have been added from the start.. 

• Like 1

While I'm not happy, I do fully realize that this is a beta. One does not have to partake in it...it's not mandatory. We are all testing this game for them. 

For the most part, I'm not happy because I really want to play! I have seen how much fun this game is and realize it's potential to be even better. 

Now, once we're out of beta...then my expectations on R* will have risen. 

1 hour ago, BropolloCreed79 said:

They can call it what they want, but in my opinion, once they monetize it, it's out of beta.

The way I see it, we're testing that element, too. We're not forced to buy anything we don't want.  

Nobody is forced to contribute hundreds of free hours to test this game. We do it because we want to. Any of you can simply decline and wait for the finished product. 

This is a beta because it's not ready for prime time...and we all know that.  

• SlyLoBo187 changed the title to No animals anywhere