UPDATE 4/2/19

Kean_1

DED TO THE RED DEAD ONLINE BETA

caa4f69a30923dc336cafb9dde13ab607e39096b

Destroy the enemy camp at all costs in Up In Smoke, the latest Showdown Mode added to the Red Dead Online Beta today. All players start out with an explosive package and each successful delivery to the opposing team’s base will detonate a piece of their camp. Deliver all of your packages and raze the competition’s base to the ground to claim victory.

This week's featured bonus is a 30% XP boost on all Ability Cards. Ability Cards come in Dead Eye and Passive variants – Dead Eye Ability Cards grant special advantages while Dead Eye is active while Passive Ability Cards have unique Combat, Recovery or Defensive advantages- and each card has three available tiers. Rack up extra XP this week to reach the next tier faster, then upgrade the card to get an improved version of that ability. Ability Cards like To Fight Another Day, Strange Medicine and Slippery Bastard can all come in handy in Up in Smoke, activate them while you’re fighting your way to deliver an explosive package behind enemy lines. Check out a primer on Ability Cards (and some other general combat tips) here.

acf19537ff8ef76609b58e48ff1abaa5c4702fa5

This week's additions to the Wheeler, Rawson and Co. Catalogue include:

• Winter Shotgun Coat
  • Benbow Jacket
  • Darned Stockings
  • Manteca Hat

Keep an eye on the Rockstar Newswire for more details on the Red Dead Online Beta in the coming weeks, including more info on our next update later this Spring.

• Like 1

im glad you keep us updated on the Updates  thank you.

I must say though.. Ugh another pvp mode update.. Idk how much longer i can keep my hopes up for these updates.. I barely ever get on red dead anymore.

Edited by Born Homicidal
  • Like 1

For those that are complaining about what the update contains... in all fairness rockstar did let us know exactly what to expect for the trickledown weeks ago. I wouldn’t expect any groundbreaking surprises. We have next big update to look forward to for some mission and free roam updates... at least I hope.

@The_Liquor is right.  This should be no surprise and what we should expect up to at least April 9th (next Tuesday).  That is the end date of this schedule they provided to us.  Whether that means the big Spring Update comes the next week after that or we should expect more, smaller updates, I don't know.  

For me, I'm neck deep in another game right now and haven't touched RDO for the last 3 weeks or so.  I'm just waiting until the the big one drops.  I'm in it for the long haul.

2 hours ago, Kean_1 said:

For me, I'm neck deep in another game right now and haven't touched RDO for the last 3 weeks or so.  I'm just waiting until the the big one drops.  I'm in it for the long haul.

49 hours down, and I JUST hit L30 last night, with 5-8 missions to go (unless I'm missing something).

And that's just to start progression through Endgame and World Tiers.

Then there's the 

Spoiler

Hunters

and the Tidal Basin Raid drops on Friday.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BropolloCreed79 said:

49 hours down, and I JUST hit L30 last night, with 5-8 missions to go (unless I'm missing something).

And that's just to start progression through Endgame and World Tiers.

Then there's the 

Reveal hidden contents

Hunters

and the Tidal Basin Raid drops on Friday.  

I've got 43 hours in solo play and 21 hours in coop play.  For my solo character, I'm at level 24 and still have about 1/3 of the map to really explore.  .....not including side missions and other activities I still dabble in within the other zones I've cleared.  

I'm taking my time and there's still tons of action.  I try not to use fast travel too often and I get involved where I can in random activities (e.g. friendly engagements, faction fights, hostage rescues, wandering enemies, broadcasts, supply drops, etc.).  

• Like 3

I just started Chapter 3 in solo first play through. Taking my time to take in all that the story and side stories have to offer. I also played on line a lot the past couple months. Making the best of both worlds and thoroughly enjoying them both.

Red Dead Online got its latest beta update today, further expanding the game with another all new game mode. Additionally, players will find a new rotation of limited goods in the Wheeler, Rawson & Co. Catalogue allowing them to further customize their characters.

The latest game mode is Up In Smoke, one of the several Showdown Series modes announced last month. Two teams seek to destroy the camp of their enemies. All players carry an explosive package that they need to deliver to the enemy camp.

limiteditems-800x450.jpg

Upon delivery, the payload will detonate, taking a chunk of the camp with it. Only by delivering every explosive to the camp will the whole thing be destroyed. Of course, the others will try to stop you with their bullets, and you too need to prevent enemy players from delivering their explosives to your camp.

This week players can also enjoy a 30% boost on all Ability Card XP. Ability Cards allow you to tailor the skillset of your character to your liking, adding a minor RPG spin on the game and ensuring that not every character is a copy of one another in terms of gameplay.

Ability Cards have 3 tiers, which increase the given ability's potency with each upgrade. Now, players will accumulate the needed XP to boost their Ability Card tiers quicker, giving them a leg up on the competition. Sometimes these cards may mean the difference between life and death.

april2limitedclothes-800x450.jpg

A number of new items were added to the in-game store today which will only remain available through the 8th of April. These include the Winter Shotgun Coat, the Benbow Jacket, the Darned Stockings and the Manteca Hat. So far we haven't seen any limited issue item ever pop up after its deadlin,e so chances are these will be gone forever next week.

The post Up In Smoke Showdown Mode Added To Red Dead Online appeared first on RDR2.org.

Read the full story

Yeah the Up in Smoke ain't that bad... it's Spoils of War rehashed.  But It's not great....the original C&C movie was way better.

Payouts seem to be $15 for a win and $6 to 9 for a loss, the XP don't look so great. 

So it's like $10 minutes, $10 min.

I haven't got MVP, especially when it's me and 3 guys up against 8 lvl 150 guys..

Game is buggy today, I got attacked by the O'driscolls when I finally got back  into camp , never had that happen. ( Just want a Time out to use to bathroom)

...and blue dots are shooting me and jumping servers.  New day. Same story

I too am waiting for the big spring update

1 hour ago, Kean_1 said:

...I get involved where I can in random activities (e.g. ...hostage rescues...)

I also appreciate your RDO updates. Please keep them coming, they save me time and keep me informed when I don't log in.

And about that thing I quoted, I can't leave them hanging when I see them either. On occasion, some of them have just wandered up and saved my bacon, so I try and do the same for them.

1 hour ago, Netnow66 said:

I also appreciate your RDO updates. Please keep them coming, they save me time and keep me informed when I don't log in.

And about that thing I quoted, I can't leave them hanging when I see them either. On occasion, some of them have just wandered up and saved my bacon, so I try and do the same for them.

Thanks.  Yeah, regarding the updates.  I still visit this site regularly in between other stuff I'm doing throughout my day (usually when I sit down for a minute, check email, etc.).  I'm not going anywhere unless mngmnt has other plans.  😲

....and about the quote, I was actually talking about the Division 2.  That's what Creed and I have been playing lately.  I'll be revisiting the game when the Spring update hits and maybe even before in between other games.  It's just not my go to title at the moment but will likely always be one I play to some extent just like I do with GTAO.

20 minutes ago, Kean_1 said:

Thanks.  Yeah, regarding the updates.  I still visit this site regularly in between other stuff I'm doing throughout my day (usually when I sit down for a minute, check email, etc.).  I'm not going anywhere unless mngmnt has other plans.  😲

....and about the quote, I was actually talking about the Division 2.  That's what Creed and I have been playing lately.  I'll be revisiting the game when the Spring update hits and maybe even before in between other games.  It's just not my go to title at the moment but will likely always be one I play to some extent just like I do with GTAO.

HA!! Yes, I know you were and so was I. I was trying not to talk too much about it since this is an RDO board.

My reference was to those wandering armed NPCs out on patrol or looking for supplies that have stepped in sometimes when I'm being outgunned. So when I see other NPCs about to be executed, I return the favor when I can.

20 minutes ago, Netnow66 said:

HA!! Yes, I know you were and so was I. I was trying not to talk too much about it since this is an RDO board.

My reference was to those wandering armed NPCs out on patrol or looking for supplies that have stepped in sometimes when I'm being outgunned. So when I see other NPCs about to be executed, I return the favor when I can.

Oh, gotcha.

29 minutes ago, ChrisCr0ss said:

If it wasn't for you posting these updates, I would not know about them. This sounds interesting but not really my cup of tea. I don't mind more PVP things being added but I want something that will tickle my fancy better. 

The big Spring update that's coming will have some game changing mechanics in it.  

Looking forward to try this new pvp mode after work today. It seems not much of an content update but i think more cool stuff regarding free roam will come eventually. 

What i dont like is the 30% exp bonus for abilty cards - dont like anything that makes the game easier. 

Anyway im here for the long haul as well so we will se what time will bring.