Catch me if you can....

Zampen

Ive seen a few players over rank 300 even up to 500 so yes, just celebrating rank 300 and the fact that i have no life ❤ was not meant to encourage players to come kill me and if they do and destroy me Good 4 them, me i dont care about that 🤪

Edited by Zampen
  • Haha 1

On 4/11/2019 at 4:09 PM, Zampen said:

Yea i know im insane

20190411_220847.jpg

So tell me how long did it take you, what are some of your stats like money earned, money spent, fish caught, animals skinned etc??

I only ask because your numbers must be pretty impressive at this point.

Were you able to get there by daily grinding? did you use a few harmless glitches to help you  out like the replay story missions or carcass duplicates etc..?
( no judgement)

The level you have achieved is crazy high, I cant even imagine lol,

Im on a super grind right now trying to take advantage of R* generosity and these lowered level requirements for explosive ammo pamphlets right now, when they announced it I was at level 38, today after 4 days I am at level 49, I am about to log in for today and do ,y daily grinding, but I am drinking my coffee and scanning the boards first.

I saw your post and thought hmm thats crazy!! I wonder.......

You must have about everything a player can have huh?

What keeps you playing at this point?

• Like 1

Playtime = ? Bugged in player meny

No glitches or cheats

100000 $ earned + 350 gb

39000 animals Killed

108991 total kills

6180 total deaths

Nothing keeps me motivated at this point, have all cards max, all guns, Most clothing etc. 

Edited by Zampen
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, Zampen said:

Playtime = ? Bugged in player meny

No glitches or cheats

100000 $ earned + 350 gb

39000 animals Killed

108991 total kills

6180 total deaths

Nothing keeps me motivated at this point, have all cards max, all guns, Most clothing etc. 

WoW

yeah I bet your kind of bored lol, sorry about that, but meh, your ready for the release for sure man.

Nice going

I just hit level 50 today after 4 days of hard grinding from level 38 lol I felt like I accomplished something doing it in 4 days, I now have 10 levels to go before Weds to take advantage of R* update.

Each time I tell myself Ill just grind this out then ill just play pvp for a few days, I find, I need other things I didnt think of, like update a card, or pay the stable cost to get a new horse, etc.. so... ill be grinding day and night until Weds to try to get everything they released early for this week only.

Edited by lumper
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Hewald76 said:

Howdy. its impressive, although any player lvl 90 and up are the same. No more advantages after that.

Absolutley true and why i have zero motivation atm to even log on. I hope they add more rank locked items above lvl100 at least otherwise i dunno if ill continue. My plan after reaching lvl100 was to "pre" grind money and lvls in hope that they would add stuff but i was apparently wrong as it seems the current state of rdr2o is what we got and will be stuck with for a long time. Sure a couple of tweaks here and there and more bugs than ever but really nothing intresting especially now that i dont get payed for the daily challenges. Maybe in a couple of years but by then im long gone probably. Sry for the rant but it gets more and more clear to me that rockstar just want our money and they should be ashamed at the current state of this beta/peta/epsilon/game. And being treated like a idiot from the support staff with empty copy/paste replys doesnt help rockstars reputation. Best Regards a lonesome cowpoke from sweden, still looking for that beardless hansome cowboy to marry on ps4

(sry nshanny it wasnt meant to be 😪😪😪)   

Edited by Zampen
  • Haha 1

On 4/11/2019 at 10:09 PM, Zampen said:

Yea i know im insane

20190411_220847.jpg

VERY BIG GRATZ !!!! 

Nice work put into it. Never saw someone higher lvl than You. 

All i can say is: Challenge accepted :D 

Just hit 92 y-day. So i have a loooong run ahead of me but i still have a lot of fun playing so the motivation is there. 

3 hours ago, Renascent said:

I mean of course they want your money. They aren't hosting the online version out of the goodness of their heart.

But congrats, I'm still like 177 or something. I still play cuz I enjoy it 

Dont like microtransactions in a "beta" and its pretty lame they push players to spend money on a unfinished Product thats what im saying but hey its just my opinion 🤗   

Edited by Zampen
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, DNMNetTech said:

My wife sprinted from level 46 to level 59 over the weekend. I wonder how long it would take to get to 300 at her pace!

Depends on how many stripped skunks she has to skin😂

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Zampen said:

Dont like microtransactions in a "beta" and its pretty lame they push players to spend money on a unfinished Product thats what im saying but hey its just my opinion 🤗   

No one is being "pushed" to spend money on Gold Bars in RDO.  Contrary to what some say about the RDO MTX model, it's not P2W.  While some things can be shortcut with GB purchases, anything locked behind them is essentially all cosmetic.  Everything else that provides an advantage in the game can be obtained without ever having to buy them.   They even gave us quite a few GBs for free to spend up to this point.  Some folks are still clinging on to them.

Sorry, but I really don't get this argument.  I don't particularly like them either but then again, I'm not being forced to buy them so I don't.  If others do, that's ok too as those MTXs help support the game into the future.  No skin off my back.

• Like 2

On 4/12/2019 at 12:34 AM, Zampen said:

Ive seen a few players over rank 300 even up to 500 so yes, just celebrating rank 300 and the fact that i have no life ❤ was not meant to encourage players to come kill me and if they do and destroy me Good 4 them, me i dont care about that 🤪

I thought you were telling people to come to get you too based on the title. Made me think of the movie too.

Congrats on the 300. I just hit 100 not too long ago. 

On 4/15/2019 at 2:16 AM, Hewald76 said:

Howdy. its impressive, although any player lvl 90 and up are the same. No more advantages after that.

This is what Im dealing with now, Im at level 55, there is nothing more to gain until level 90 or 94 so......what now?

I did some crazy 8 hour a day grinding to get here from level 38, now I dont want to do that again.

Ive done all story missions multiple times, the only thing I havent done is I havent gotten a stranger mission from every mission giver, I did maybe 10 of them, but I never finished them, some are buggy, some wont engage, etc..

I just dont have any reason to log in.

Im even part of a large group that has a discord channel and we have battles with other groups, there are spies and espionage etc.. but other than scanning the discord to see if they need me, I have no reason to run the game.

It feels like I need 40 levels to get anything new, and that is a TON of grinding I am not willing to do, at least not steady on purpose with a goal in mind, it is too much.

I did 17 levels in 5 days and it burnt me out.

So, now what?

I was trying to get to lvl 60 to take advantage of the explosive ammo thing, and that would have been great, but now without it, 40 levels to go to get it, I have zero motivation to play.

I play because I enjoy it. Maybe too much. I set goals and try to make them. Let me see if I can get to lvl x by certain date, so much gold by x date etc. how many animals can I find to kill today. So much to explore can I see every inch of the map?

• Like 2

Some people in this thread are the prime example of pay to win because they can't fathom putting in the work that everyone else has to get what they have. The main thing about MMOs is the grind. 

What's the point of just buying all the high end stuff. You're going to get bored faster, have nothing to work for and accomplish. It felt so good when I finally got to 58 to get my Foxtrotter. Then went on to the 80s to get fire rounds, then explosive rounds. Then all the special saddles. That satisfaction that I busted my ass to get to that point is what does it for me.

I'm rank 178 now. I don't actively try to rank but I still get 1 per full day of play. (Takes about 9-10k exp for me to rank right now)

Log in, make my money back upgrading cards. Play around with different set ups. I either hunt or do showdowns depending on how tired I am, with the occasional shenanigans with friends.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Renascent said:

Some people in this thread are the prime example of pay to win because they can't fathom putting in the work that everyone else has to get what they have. The main thing about MMOs is the grind. 

What's the point of just buying all the high end stuff. You're going to get bored faster, have nothing to work for and accomplish. It felt so good when I finally got to 58 to get my Foxtrotter. Then went on to the 80s to get fire rounds, then explosive rounds. Then all the special saddles. That satisfaction that I busted my ass to get to that point is what does it for me.

I'm rank 178 now. I don't actively try to rank but I still get 1 per full day of play. (Takes about 9-10k exp for me to rank right now)

Log in, make my money back upgrading cards. Play around with different set ups. I either hunt or do showdowns depending on how tired I am, with the occasional shenanigans with friends.

Us old school gamers know about grind. This game isn't that much of a grind but this is what you get when every kid gets a trophy!

I wan't it now or I quit. Waaaa!

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, DNMNetTech said:

Us old school gamers know about grind. This game isn't that much of a grind but this is what you get when every kid gets a trophy!

I wan't it now or I quit. Waaaa!

I too miss that. Now we are sadly in the Age of Nerf and Tears.  This game isn't Dark Souls for crying out loud. If you put time in , you get everything in RDR. Problem is people don't manage their in game time properly it seems. I only had 2.5 hrs last night to game and went from 200 to 201 (11,100 xp).  

Edited by Savage_Reaper
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, CosmoKramer said:

I do like the fact that levelling up rank unlocks better equipment and facets of the game but thats not my primary purpose for putting time into a game. If you enjoy the game, play it. If not then don't. Simple. 

It isn't anymore complicated than this. 

I play games for the enjoyment.  I could really care less about levels and such as I would rather they should simply come naturally through the gameplay.   Personally, I've never been one to "grind" a particular mission over and over again, etc.  Even if it's not the most efficient way, I prefer to mix it up by doing different activities and such to gain cash or levels.  That's exactly why I only reached around lvl 65 before I took a break. 

I began to find the game too monotonous for my taste.  Not much more to unlock or buy (at least those items I wanted) and most of all, I' had already done all of the activities many times over.  ....except most of the PvP events which I'm just not in to.     

I don't mind the grind but when it stops becoming fun, that's when I either call it quits or move on to other games for a while.  This has absolutely nothing to do with wanting a way to shortcut the game because that also defeats the purpose IMO.  It's the incentives for advancing in the game like this that helps keep me going but again, only so far if the content / gameplay begins to feel stale. 

"Grinding" in a game can feel rewarding and enjoyable or quite literally like a grind.  .....it's when it begins to feel like the latter that I consider taking a break for a while.

• Like 2

I played WoW for a few years. I did a lot of "grinding" on there to level up characters. Do you know what happened? I leveled them up and got completely burned out on the game to the point where I never played it again. I have no desire to go back either. I play RDR2 online a lot different. I take my time, I do only things I enjoy, and if I get some extras along the way, cool. Nothing wrong with putting in the work to hit a high level but just basic grinding isn't for me anymore.

• Like 1

• 8 months later...
On 4/15/2019 at 2:05 PM, James Hickok_1837 said:

All i can say is: Challenge accepted :D 

Just hit 92 y-day. So i have a loooong run ahead of me but i still have a lot of fun playing so the motivation is there. 

Seems like it took some time but as i said challenge was accepted. 

Currently lvl 302

Max dishonorable all the time since 250 ( i became the outlaw and dont hesitate to kill players and NPC's on sight)

760 Gold Bars and 30k RDO$

Time played : 274 hours (11 days 9 hours)

Ill update other statistics like killings and etc when i come back to work - i cant seem to find it in Social Club.

Was fighting a player in pvp - he was very good in meele combat and he was lvl 515( hes gamer tag was Vasilok i think). Guess challenge accepted again. 

Edited by James Hickok_1837
  • Like 3

Saw the title and thought of the movie and now I want to watch it again. Been many years since I watched it.

I must have overlooked this thread when it was originally posted. Damn, you reached 300 so fast. On console, I think I got to 165.