Guess there's no update this week?

Moosh89

Topic says it all. I haven't bothered signing on all last week since last week's "update" was pretty stagnant. Was hoping something that was drip-fed today may make up for it, but damn, nothing??

My interest is drifting further awaaaay...

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Kean_1 said:

Yep, no update or Beta news, just the specials. I went ahead and created a thread for it though. I wasn't going to at first but I'll just name these differently.

Im glad you did, I rely on your update thread for news, lol I went there first to see if anything dropped or changed.

After listening to a few videos on the subject I think June 11th or June 4th possibly for the Spring Update, but that is a guess with no evidence to back it up, other than looking at the past 7 weeks.

I read an article from the Daily Express (UK) last week that the expected date was in May but there was no source to back up that comment.  

No one really knows for sure right now. All we have been told officially is "Spring".

Shhh, I got an update today.  No need to go to the post office or lock box.  Plus Cripps taking a **** in the woods (actually that's from last week)

And I'm telling you, my guess, update is going to come out same time as their earnings report (5/5 to 5/16)  RDO has any bad news for the quarter. Stock is going to tank.  They need to put a positive spin on it

Red Dead Redemption 2_20190423173820.jpg

Red Dead Redemption 2_20190403210948.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Yeah I noticed the ammo thing - wasn't sure if it was just another thing R* broke in fixing something else. 

Strange decision if it was intentional - missed opportunity to sell us all manner of bandolier surely??

Edited by CosmoKramer

I noticed the weird ammo thing too.

However, I think there are 2 things going on:

1. The crazy numbers on the weapon wheel - some kind of glitch?

2. Pistols and rifles have actual ammo carrying capacity upped to 200 (from 100) to match repeaters and revolvers.

Maybe number 2 is a glitch, as well, especially as it hasn't been announced as a change.  Like CosmoKramer suggests above, I would definitely have paid in-game $$ for that upgrade.

I've noticed the amount of animals increased and they don't glitch out to where there's none at all after 20-30 minutes.

Idk what's up with everyone's intense need for constant new content/updates. Like if something new doesn't come out every week then people get upset.

Edited by Renascent
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, cpt_hale_storm said:

I haven't signed in for over a month. Good to see I haven't missed anything. I was the guy that hyped this game to all my friends and had them buy it on release night... OOPS

I hope you didn't hype it on Online / PVP alone. The story was well worth the purchase IMO. Wasn't an OOPS really was it?

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Renascent said:

Idk what's up with everyone's intense need for constant new content/updates. Like if something new doesn't come out every week then people get upset.

I don't think I'm upset, rather surprised. I feel like there's a sizeable percentage of the player base that feels there is a lack of content and especially when things are dribbled out. Someone brought up how many variations of "Grab the bag" game modes there were rather than some different PVP modes. Over the last month and a half I feel like I've played too many of the same modes so much that I can't remember which is which because they're all so similar.

Not wanting to play the deja vu game on our Moderators by turning this into a "this game is dead" (over exaggeration) debate.

I was at least hoping we'd get another rundown of what's to come since we've chewed through the last timeline given.

Their last announcement of a schedule was for four weeks which ended on 4/9.  The big Spring Update was announced for release in Spring.  There have been no changes to that plan as of today.  .....so, folks can still expect the update to hit sometime this Spring which ends in June on their calendar.  

Personally, I never assumed RDO would be anything more than a beta rather than a full release and while I perhaps expected more content to roll out by this time, I never knew for sure that it would.  We can only go by what we know.  

I will say that I did prepare for the possibility that RDO might take a while to get off the ground and that I might need to shelve it from time to time while things got rolling.  .....which I already did about a month or more ago.  I haven't logged in since and been playing another game in the meantime.  However, that doesn't mean I've given up on the game as I will most certainly be returning again and yeah, maybe even taking a break at some point and then returning and so on....

Unless something really gets screwed up (which I doubt because so far, I like the direction they are going), I'm in it for the long haul myself.

• Like 1

you guys do realise this is a beta right ?  Do you know what beta are made for ?  Take Feedback , suggestions most of you giving bad comments on RDO online , are probably not doing really good in pvp  i understnad that game miss few content like a chat , activities by exemple poker room , darts , new team shoot out like they has in saint denis   16 vs 16 , but this is a BETA !  we are playing on a game with like 60% of his potential. so my point is ... stop crying and feedback.

Of course we realise it's a beta.  A very long, drawn out beta.  That's no excuse for this dribble out of nothingness.

And of course we send feedback.

And as for not doing we'll inPvP ... Lol.  How on Earth did you arrive at that conclusion?

Are you just stirrin, lol ?

On 4/26/2019 at 4:50 PM, pluck3 said:

you guys do realise this is a beta right ?  Do you know what beta are made for ?  Take Feedback , suggestions most of you giving bad comments on RDO online , are probably not doing really good in pvp  i understnad that game miss few content like a chat , activities by exemple poker room , darts , new team shoot out like they has in saint denis   16 vs 16 , but this is a BETA !  we are playing on a game with like 60% of his potential. so my point is ... stop crying and feedback.

Not sure what being good at PvP has to do with providing one's input on the game but yeah, kinda what the forum is here for.

5 hours ago, Kean_1 said:

Not sure what being good at PvP has to do with providing one's input on the game but yeah, kinda what the forum is here for.

well , ask any good PVP Players and they will tell you that the game is fun and have alot of content to pleaase you in your Online Experience , if you are not good in pvp which is like 75% of the game   Pvp /  hunting,fishing /  online mission .    if you are not good at pvp of course this game will look bad with all these missing content , but it a beta so we know it incoming 

16 hours ago, pluck3 said:

well , ask any good PVP Players and they will tell you that the game is fun and have alot of content to pleaase you in your Online Experience , if you are not good in pvp which is like 75% of the game   Pvp /  hunting,fishing /  online mission .    if you are not good at pvp of course this game will look bad with all these missing content , but it a beta so we know it incoming 

There are many lvl 200-300 players that are hanging it up due to boredom. I bet they were terrible at pvp.

Please contact them so you can help them succeed. Thanks 

17 hours ago, pluck3 said:

PvP is only as dominate in this game as you make it.  There is much, much more to the game than that.

.....and being good or bad at PvP has absolutely nothing to do with someone being critical about the game lacking content they prefer, etc.  We are simply not going to see eye to eye on this but that's ok.

9 hours ago, cpt_hale_storm said:

There are many lvl 200-300 players that are hanging it up due to boredom. I bet they were terrible at pvp.

Please contact them so you can help them succeed. Thanks 

i wonder how some level 200 to 400 is bad at pvp , unless he did story online extra xp mission waiting 30minute before turning it in?

29 minutes ago, pluck3 said:

if you read what i said Kean ... im just asking them to stop blaming the lack of content in a ***** beta 

I read what you said but I simply didn't agree.  No need to lash out or get angry about other people expressing their own opinions pluck.  .....especially when it's done with civility.  As I said before, that's what the purpose of the forum is after all.  ....discussion.

20 minutes ago, pluck3 said:

yeah but toxic ppl like that spread non-correct facts making more n more ppl think that way and end leaving

I'd give the community a little more credit. None of the posts I have seen have changed my mind about the game and I'm sure most others can also make up their own minds. 

I get that it's a beta and I'm willing to ride it out. .....but I can also respect that others are put off by the fact that updates and changes are slow coming. Even I shelved the game for the last month or so because of it. I guess it just doesn't bother me like it does some others.

Sharing ones disatisfaction isn't toxic or any opinion for that matter.  ....it's all in how you do it. As long as folks still show respect for one another, I see no problem with them expressing their concerns, frustration, hopes, expectations, etc.